Haplo
Lead Developer

5-10-Red

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Exterior
Claim ID: TR_5-10-Red (#177)
Faction: Redoran
Claimed by: Parted User
Files: TR_5-10-Red_Hells_1.esp; TR_5-10-Red_Hells_2.esp; TR_5-10-Red_Hells_3.esp; TR_5-10-Red_Hells_4.esp; TR_5-10-Red_Hells_5.esp; TR_5-10-Red_Hells_6.esp; TR_5-10-Red_Hells_7.esp; TR_5-10-Red_Hells_8.esp

---

Uld Vraech, wilderness and the jewel of Uld Vraech; Strond!

Please download the merged map 5, meshes and textures found here: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=19347 - and work from the esp. Smooth/fix and change landscape if necessary, preferrably not so much at claim borders.

Note that cleaning irrelevant cells may create land tears, so backup your work regularly and often. It is advisable to keep neighboring claim cells while working on your claim IF they are in a acceptable finished state, as to keep static/texture/style consistency in our work. If in doubt, look to earlier finished claims for reference.

The program TESAME is ok for cleaning.

5-10 is already heavily developed, and what needs to be added is a detailing of the wilderness, Strond and some additions to the seafloor outside of it. It needs spiky rocks making a naval approach very difficult. Feel free to add caves and nord ruins in the wilderness.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Revoked. Please keep the town, Dareleth, in existence. You can re-do it or change it, but it needs to be there.

Check the latest Map 5 download for the claim; you can TESAME away the rest of the cells.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

I always wanted to make a town for TR and if Kebra works on multiple claims and takes his time I could do as well :) (I still work on 4-17 unofficially seeing nobody wants to claim it right now).
But I need to know - What style is Dareleth? Can I make it Imperial or is it Redoran?
Map 5 download link is broken...
THEO
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

there is one further down the thread that works.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

There is just one post with one link in the map 5 download thread in Internal downloads forums and when I click it I get:

The requested URL /files/TR_Map5v.10.rar was not found on this server.
THEO
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=3506

The version here should work for your purposes, although it is a bit old.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Sorry about that, there was a missing character in the filename X-/
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Thank you, guys.
Adding plans for Dareleth:

Legend Red: Original position
Green: New position + entrances
Blue: Moat and Mountain lake visible only from the guardtower
Brown: Mountains - unaccessible
Attachments
VIEW.jpg
LAYOUT.jpg
Last edited by Theo on Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
THEO
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Claiming - Looks fun. I will make Dareleth bigger (20-30 ints) and keep to Imperial - I am planning on making it look like Amsterdam a little bit.
Concerning the surrounding I will create no landscape sights as I usually do in my claims this time and just fix the textures and plant a proper pine forest there. I will make it proper wilderness with occasional places of interests, but mainly wild, flat and empty.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Granting, Happy Modding.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

I have encountered the "Blacklight" problem. Due to the mismatch of the map some of the added landscape invaded to Solstheim cells. While I see nothing wrong with modification of original cells in such work, the problem was that from the Lighthouse of Dareleth you could actually see not only the shores of Solstheim, but eventually the colony established there. So I have decided to move the landscape one cell west, otherwise one could see over the sea :) (which also saves me some work...)
THEO
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

works for me
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Update.
I have done:
- Moved the claim one cell to the west due to mentioned "invasion" to Solstheim.
- Finished most of Dareleth town.
- Put some points of interest to the forest in the south.

I am planning to do:
- The isles north of Dareleth will be covered just by grass and shrubs and hotpools with hot springs. No trees or other vegetation. No structures and few rocks.
- The area to the south will be forested, with occasional lakes and rocks. I like the Stonehenge, I will keep it.

Problems:
- I do not like the mixture of BM and WG textures (it is a true crap!), so I am making this whole BM and hope that the adjacent claims will be redone in similar fashion.
- I have no ideas how to detail the seabed. This far north kelp and kollops cannot be expected. I have looked to Solstheim and the ocean is wholly undetailed there. I feel like following this pattern, or at least leaving this job for the end.
THEO
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Nooo. This should be Redoran.

I suppose I should justify that, its just that Imperial presence here really doesn't make much sense, especially not a whole town like this.

Don't tell them to use whats on fucking MAP 5 as base, haplo, map 5 is horrible.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Shit. You should have raised your voice earlier, when I was asking about this town.
Well, nothing is final, I could (with big sorrow) redo or remove the town.
But is there any lore for a town named Dareleth at all, or did we just make it up?
I believe, due to its closeness to Dunmeth pass, this area of Morrowind was heavily occupied during Nordic invasion and due to its hostile cold environment Dunmer did not care too much to resettle it.
The closest settlements are those on Solstheim, so some other Imperial presence would not be that illogical. Dareleth could be a port used by Imperial ships travelling from Skyrim to Morrowind further south (Old Ebonheart) or east (Solstheim, Dagon Fel, Firewatch, Darconis). Some Nordic presence here would not be nonsensical too.
But I am no lore expert.
THEO
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Sload wrote: Don't tell them to use whats on fucking MAP 5 as base, haplo, map 5 is horrible.
I didn't, I just said make sure there is a town called 'Dareleth' there.

(EDIT-- Off-Topic: I passed Stalker!)

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

hmm. i remember something about keeping as much of the original as you can. mustve been a different claim.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

That's probably Kogo'Tel.

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

So now that I am back on this from map 1 quest, what's the official stance on Daraleth? Remove, reduce, keep...
Please post so that I can get back to work.
THEO
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Sload wrote:hmm. i remember something about keeping as much of the original as you can. mustve been a different claim.
Haplo wrote:That's probably Kogo'Tel.
Well, the original Kogo'Tel is quite different from my version. It's Redoran all right...
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

we dont even know what were talking about nemon its all good.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Update (with Dareleth so far...)
THEO
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Ok, guys! Maybe my understanding of English is insufficient, but somehow I have a feeling my question remained unaddressed directly. I do not want you to "pull a Blacklight" on me, so this is a last time I ask before giving up this claim. What about Daraleth?
THEO
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Keep it as planned, but make sure it doesn't get too big

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

OK. Thanks Haplo.
THEO
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

what the fuck kind of idiot are you haplo?

it. needs. to. be. redoran.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Why? My plans for this are:

Once dialogue, and quests, and NPCs come around, Dareleth will be implemented as an old frontier Imperial village that's about to die out thanks to the recall of troops to the Imperial Province, the unfriendly connections with the Nords, and the moderately hostile Dunmer. So it'll be 30% Nord 50% Dunmer and 20% Imperial or something.

The moderately hostile Dunmer can be comprised of House Redoran, though, if you like.

Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

yeah fine do whatever i dont really care
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

I´ll put my work on this claim on hold, until there is some reasonable consensus about this claim. I have a lot of work in RL anyway and there is map 1 quest release, which is my TR priority now.
THEO
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Theo, please follow these recommendations:

-Please leave a cell worth of sea between any cell edited by Bloodmoon (land raised, static placed, anything like that) and your land. Even if it is only a tiny corner of the cell that is edited by Bloodmoon, still leave a full cell so the sea is nice and wide.

-Please make Dareleth smaller and have no major fortifications. Think Dagon Fel or Seyda Neen for your inspiration, not Ebonheart. Pelegiad is a fine model too, but no fort please, because of the major fortifications nearby. Two cells, 12-18 interiors.

-Please leave your southernmost row of cells (y=15) empty for now, in case this area has to be modified.

-Please ignore the rivers running through your cell. The whole river with 3 mouths thing is total crap.

-Please enjoy yourself.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Thank you for your recommendations, Sload. I will follow them, even though it means that I will have to sunk most of the area under the sea.
THEO
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Yes, I understand that's a pretty big concern. Believe me, I'm sinking just as much making Blacklight.
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

As for the river, might I suggest leaving in the bend in cells (-29, 17) and (-29, 18), removing the lake an the extraneous paths to the sea, of course. That way all the person detailing 5-9 has to do is change one or two of the Southern river cells to make it the start of a river instead of having to re-landscape all the cells with a river section. And it will be a sane river with only one mouth.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

I am afraid this is not possible as cell -28, 19 will be already a sea cell. This would result in the bend being very close to the sea and it would look like as if somebody have built a dam to prevent the river to mouth to the sea and rather bend back to inland.
Attachments
tr010.jpg
THEO
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

River deltas are total crap?
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

It wasn't the delta indicated at one mouth, if you'll notice, there were 2 other places the same stretch of water met the sea. Which would be more like cutting up that bit of the mainland into a couple of islands.

And no worries about the river, the bottom in 5-9 looks like it needs hella detailing anyway, so replacing/reworking the river is going to involve some time either way.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

yeah i was thinking that would happen, theo. the river's gonna have to bend west instead.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

I was thinking about this and after waging the fact that in some places the claim will be as thin as one cell and it is impossible to make believable coast on one cell, it will be better to merge this claim with claim 5-9 ( and possibly 5-8 ). The whole landscape in the area of 5-10 should be simply deleted and made anew during creation of 5-9. Please revoke.
THEO
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

would you dig claiming 5-9? i can do that for you.

I can even give you only part of it if you want.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

If there is nobody else to claim these I can do that, but right now I am quite busy with with fixing map 1.
Perhaps somebody else should get a chance first. There is not much of the uploaded files that can be used with the new plan anyway.
THEO