Goto page 1, 2  Next
Claim: 5-11-Red Claimed by Nemon
Maps In Group Map 5 at (-33,13):(-30,10) (-29,10) (-29,11)
 Faction: House Redoran
 Area size: 18
 Files:
Name Size Last Modified
TR_5-11-Red_Haplo_1.esp 988.1 KB Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am
TR_5-11-Red_Swiftoak Woodwarrior_1.esp 988.1 KB Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am
Description
Gargen Hu'ul

Velothi Mountains and Uld Vraech. See 5-15 for inspiration, and concept for the UV region (TBA).

Please download map 5 height map here and work from that (not Jan 7th update, wait for new with correct river height):

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=19347
Note that cleaning irrelevant cells may create land tears, so backup your work regularly and often.

This part of the VM uses BM statics. The UV region uses ## statics as well.
Last Edited by Swiftoak
(Sat May 14, 2005 8:15 pm) Post
Send private message   Reply with quote      
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Revoked: poor quality (majorly detailing and reworking of some landscape features and ground textures, shouldn't be too hard). Please keep as much of Gargon Huul as you can in it's current state.
Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:34 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Sload
Developer Emeritus
06 Feb 2005

Gargon Huul?

Gargen Hu'ul

Last edited by Sload on Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:54 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Jedak
Developer
19 Apr 2007

Will claim if promoted.

Lady N: Jedak-of-all-trades
Post Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:56 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Okay. (No need to let us know that though Razz)

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:30 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Jedak
Developer
19 Apr 2007

I posted just in case someone else won't steal it from me Razz

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:57 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus
15 May 2004

Claiming.

Not Pleased

Jedak, nobody is under any obligation to not claim this. Granted that it would not be the nicest thing to do.

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:37 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Jedak
Developer
19 Apr 2007

I know that Tongue 2 . I just wanted to bark it out Smile

Post Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:02 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Jedak
Developer
19 Apr 2007

Claiming (first exterior claim, woo!).

I've already had a look at it in the cs and it has some horrible mixtures (wg rocks in a bc landscape!) so I'll have to redo a lot of this, not counting the landscape, course) and Gargen hull is badly spaced over the two sides of the river (its almost like 2 towns) so I plan to move the northern bit to the south and only leave a tower in the northern part.

Also, the westernmost bit (Velothi mountains) has mountains on ether side cut down to ground level for the river. I would like it to be a higher river with a waterfall cascading it down to g-level like the rest of it, but that would require the editing of cells out of my claim (just around).

I will keep all the ruins on this claim but make them more interesting and hard to find :). Are any int's made yet in this?

Also a lot of the claim doesn't match the map but if I edit it to be like the map then it won't fit the surrounding claims :(
Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:41 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Granting

There are map 5 interiors yet. Only some town map 4 interiors have been made so far. Also, make it to fit the map as much as possible, we can always edit surrounding claims as well if they are wrong.
Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:58 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Jedak
Developer
19 Apr 2007

Great! See my problem is that the river is in the wrong cells but It would mean starting this from scratch. Meh, I'll do my best Smile

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:03 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Jedak
Developer
19 Apr 2007

Early WIP. I have changed the claim so that it mimics the map. Unfortunately now it won't fit the surrounding claims so well so the merger will have a bit of work to do Razz

Unfortunately when editing the river means that I will have to change the design for Gargon Hu'ul a little.

Still lots of errors and a long way to go Smile

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:16 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus
06 Dec 2004

oh yeah, you asked for claim revokage.
Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:24 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Jedak
Developer
19 Apr 2007

Again, with this one, I would like the next claimer to wait for me to put up a more usable WIP.

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:20 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

I'm doing this one together with 5-6 to create a seamless epic valley from the summit of mount Nemonwithadwemerruinbehindit to Gargen Huul.

Since I'm posting from work I don't have a WIP to put up, but here's a screenie:

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/8223/morrowind20110130221413.jpg

Since parts of this is UV (which is not finally conceptualized yet) I'm focusing on doing the VM parts first. That is more than enough work until the new meshes are available. And since there are mostly snowy mountain areas in the UV part I might be able to make a few concepts as well with the statics we've got so far.

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:15 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Scamp
Reviewer
21 Nov 2009

0.o, epic brazzl.

Already said on IRC how much I love Gargen Huul, I'm looking forward to see more!

Post Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:22 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Aeven
Lead Developer
17 Aug 2008

Just had a look at this. The entire concept for this is amazing. I love the rope across the canyon. Perhaps during NPCing there should be some kind of script on the thing so you get transported across.

<Nemon> I've never understood the way of weed

<~Haplo> I like cheese. I like cheese alot. yes. truly, in fact I love the cheese

<+SamirA> butt hat is the endgame
Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:17 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus
02 Feb 2007

somebody really ought to go and inform Beth's Skyrim exterior devs that they might as well give up now. They're never going to top this. Razz

the length of that river is audacious.

a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:18 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Small stuff done, mostly after the famous tr_data update Smile . Since 5-6 just got done I'm focusing on 4-8. After that the conceptualization of the ash swamp is next and then this one when the Uld Vraech statics become available. The Velothi Mountain parts of this claim is well underway.
Post Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:51 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Nothing new done the last few weeks. I've been focusing on 4-8 instead, as well as wrapping up the ash swamp concept.
Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:48 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Scamp
Reviewer
21 Nov 2009

Use moar 62, y'hear?

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:10 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Just posting a reminder that this needs an update by Tuesday.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:06 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Not much done since last time. But it's next up after redoing Kogotel, at least the VM parts.
Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:31 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

5-21 is still my priority, but I'm getting close to finishing that one.
Post Tue May 10, 2011 9:47 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Some stuff happening in real life taking my attention, looking forward to getting it out of the way Smile .
Post Mon May 30, 2011 5:09 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

So, I'm actually putting in an hour here this evening - developing the UV ideas a little moar.
Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:12 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Nemon wrote:
So, I'm actually putting in an hour here this evening - developing the UV ideas a little moar.

Promise to make them pretteh?

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:32 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Omg how I just naaaaaww'ed at Banderas' cute eyeses.
Yes I make it purdy, I even found a use for some of the non scripted activators Bethesda included with the BM set. Bricks and stuff under construction easily looks like ruined buildings when piled up with broken stuff and a little snow to emphasize the abandoned feel of it.

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:11 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

More river stuff done, which is the most time consuming stuff actually. New WIP as well plus screens:

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/8581/morrowind20110719213049.jpg
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6338/morrowind20110719213147.jpg
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/466/morrowind20110719213246.jpg
http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/489/morrowind20110719213318.jpg
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/1882/morrowind20110719213327.jpg
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/9438/morrowind20110719213340.jpg
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7533/morrowind20110719213358.jpg
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3011/morrowind20110719213419.jpg

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:41 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Not much progress done since last time. I've been working on other Uld Vraech-areas recently to have a concept including regions of lower altitudes as well.
Post Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:13 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Almalexia has been my main focus the last month. Nothing new here.
Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:09 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Whoops, missed my update window here. I haven't done anything to this one the last month. The little TR stuff I've done has been some landscape fixing in the sacred east region.
Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:20 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

No news. I've been playing Skyrim the last month, and I'm reaching a point where things start declining in terms of how fun stuff is. When spawning 50 dragons and enabling god mode is the most amount of fun I had yesterday that's saying something.

I expect my urge to mod Morrowind will rise back up soon.

Post Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:29 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Modding urge regained, did a few hours of work in this one yesterday. The crazy river is pretty much finished, now all that's left is cluttering the wilderness and adding a few caves/tombs/specialities. I hope to have it done by the weekend.
Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:12 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

New WIP up. River pretty much done, now just some cluttering and detailing left.
Post Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:50 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Done bitches. It's mostly snow, mountains, waterfalls and ice. Plus a cool Redoran village.

Interiors:
-33 13: Ice cave, filled with bad things.
-31 13: Another blimey ice cave, filled with bad things.
-33 12: Cave. Bad things inside here as well.
-32 12: Velothi tower. To break up the general bad things inside interiors thing I've got going on this might be the residence of an eccentric but non hostile mage?
-31 12: Gargen Huul North part: Tower, house and village boss/chief/leader residence. Mine on other side of river.
-32 11: Cave (lower level). Inhabited by bandits.
-32 11: Cave (upper level). Connected to lower level.
-31 11: Gargen Huul south part: Inn, trader, four houses and a tower.
-33 10: Epic ice cave. Rogue mages and monsters reside here.
-32 10: Cave. Empty cave with spooky atmosphere.
-30 10: Ancient ritual cave, remnants of old nord influence.

Off to review!

Edit, this file and the newest in top post is the same...

TR_5-11_Red_Nemon_FINAL.esp
 Description:
Phoar.

Download
 Filename:  TR_5-11_Red_Nemon_FINAL.esp
 Filesize:  986.92 KB
 Downloaded:  78 Time(s)

Post Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:12 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Some of the best Veloth landscapes I've seen yet! Great job, Nemon. Also, beautiful use of rocks and water in this claim.

Approved.
Post Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:35 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  

Goto page 1, 2  Next
The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group