Claim: 5-16-Red Claimed by blackbird
Maps In Group Map 5 at (-28,11):(-26,8)
 Faction: House Redoran
 Area size: 12
 File:
Name Size Last Modified
TR_5-16-Red_Haplo_1.esp 622.5 KB Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am
Description
Velothi Mountains. See 5-15 for inspiration, although this contains some lower areas.

Please download map 5 height map here and work from that:

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=19347
Note that cleaning irrelevant cells may create land tears, so backup your work regularly and often.

This part of the VM uses BM statics.
Last Edited by Haplo
(Sat May 14, 2005 8:15 pm) Post
Send private message   Reply with quote      
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

See this picture for regional borders, roads and rivers.

Post Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:38 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
blackbird
Reviewer
01 Mar 2007

I want to claim this.

I suppose there aren't any ashy rocks in this claim and only BM rocks.
What should I do with the flora?
No road map this time?
Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:13 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Granted. Work from height map.

Road map is in the first post ;) .
Flora to use: BM stuff, as well as some other flora used in for instance 4-43 and 4-16.

Have fun, and remember to post early WIP. We're currently treading new grounds here, and since this region isn't developed yet we need to test how stuff looks before we are happy.
Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:43 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
blackbird
Reviewer
01 Mar 2007

I forgot the smiley at my first post.
Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:59 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
blackbird
Reviewer
01 Mar 2007

One update
Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:55 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

You're close to the one month mark, please update status.
Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:51 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

One month mark passed, please update.
Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:57 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
blackbird
Reviewer
01 Mar 2007

I've already updated some days ago, but forgot to mention it.
Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:10 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

[note to self] Check uploaded files...
Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:13 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
blackbird
Reviewer
01 Mar 2007

I think most people overlook those.
Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:20 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Okay, looking good but please kill my old vertex shading soon Smile .
On snow limit, please use greener less snowy grass when you get below 6000.

Strange vertex color road in -26,9 - kill it with fire.
Otherwise very interesting!

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:05 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Four days until one month since last upload/WIP progress update. Just keeping everyone on their toes Smile .
Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:54 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Please update status of claim, or else I will be found guilty of quadruple-posting.
Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:45 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
blackbird
Reviewer
01 Mar 2007

Here's my update!
Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:24 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Time flies, this needs an update by Friday. Also, please keep up to speed on other modder's progress by downloading their WIPs and getting inspiration, hints and help.
Post Tue May 10, 2011 9:46 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Please update claim.
Post Fri May 13, 2011 9:11 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
blackbird
Reviewer
01 Mar 2007

Updated the claim. The file is not clean to avoid some landscape errors after cleaning.
Post Sat May 14, 2011 9:25 am Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Five months now, is this nearing completion? You're within the one week for updating now btw.
Post Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:40 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
blackbird
Reviewer
01 Mar 2007

Is an update by tomorow or tuesday ok?
Post Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:11 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
blackbird
Reviewer
01 Mar 2007

Updated with a clean file.
Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:48 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

blackbird wrote:
Updated with a clean file.

Looks good, one question though: Could you please change the grass as I asked about March 16th?

"On snow limit, please use greener less snowy grass when you get below 6000." - Reason for this is consistency. It only applies for -26 10 and -26 11 so it shouldn't take too long. Also I suggest starting using the non snowed trees here, as well as non snowed stubs and other items. But try making it a smooth transition, snow fading out the further down you get.

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:29 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
blackbird
Reviewer
01 Mar 2007

This claim should be finished. I added green (read: non snowed) pine trees at the asked cells.
Post Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:43 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
blackbird
Reviewer
01 Mar 2007

I didn't create a road between my claim and the claim of Cormaris, partly because there is no road from the old cormaris claim, because of map/esp inaccuracy and because the road should be created with cliff pieces.

interior claim list:
-27,11: a cave below the road. Could be a bandit or smugglers cave
-26,10: home of 2 lumberjacks
-27,10: a cave with ice elements
-28,9: another cave below the snow
Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:57 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

This claim needs a few fixes before we're accepting it for review.

March 16th: I ask you to kill my old vertex shading, this has not been done. See the blue stuff in -28 10 for example. I also see traces of the orange color some places. I used these colors to color code the different height in this map, and it should be removed before submitting for review. You should also use more vertex shading around statics.

Also, the roads are not detailed enough, please see 5-6, 5-25, 5-13 etc for guidance concerning road detailing. As of now the ref count in each cell is ok but the roads are in need of more Terrain_rocks_BM_01 + 02, grass statics, shrubs and other BM stuff.

Please search and replace TR_terrain_BM_rocks_03 with TR_terrain_BM_rocks_01 and TR_terrain_BM_rocks_04 with TR_terrain_BM_rocks_02. This can be done for the entire .esp, not necessary per cell.

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:20 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Hi, it's been nearly a month since I pointed out the fixes necessary for this to go to review, has this been done?
Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:46 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
blackbird
Reviewer
01 Mar 2007

It's nearly done
Could you explain me what you meant with more vertex shading? I presume you want a large radius.
Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:14 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Fixing vertex shading includes killing (right clicking) all the blue left over vertex shading I left there in the heightmap. Then, by using the vertex shade guide in the internal forums, you fix the rest of the vertex shading. By "more" vertex shading I probably thought you were a little careful on the shading in your file. Using the values in the vertex topic might do just the trick though...

Link to said thread: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=301813

Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:44 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
blackbird
Reviewer
01 Mar 2007

It's done and there will be no more yellow and blue colors below big rocks.
Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:40 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Scamp
Reviewer
21 Nov 2009

Just mentioning you might want to use a different road texture in the green parts of your claim Wink The BM cobblestones have snow on it and it looks really awkward like that.

Post Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:55 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Approved. Quoted the list of interiors to make sure Cathartis sees it:

blackbird wrote:
Interiors list:
-27,11: a cave below the road. Could be a bandit or smugglers cave
-26,10: home of 2 lumberjacks
-27,10: a cave with ice elements
-28,9: another cave below the snow
Post Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:52 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group