Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Exterior
Claim ID: TR_6-7-Hla (#190)
Faction: Hlaalu
Claimed by: Parted User
Files: None

---

Formerly 6-7. Nemon, please describe.

Heimlyn Keep, to be renamed (if it is kept).
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

THEO'S RESERVATION MARK :D
I would like to turn Heimlin Keep (or whatever its name) into Hlaalu merchant town with military presence situated in a mountain pass (When the time comes, of course).
THEO
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

You don't get to reserve things, no one does.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:You don't get to reserve things, no one does.
Well, although we don't reserve anything in that kind of fashion, he at least (in another thread http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=17471&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=64 ) made a reasonable proposal to be able to work on a Morrowind city whenever that became available. Now I know I'm not the one to decide, as this is a democratic core decision to be made, but because of his valuable contributions to the detailing of Map 1 and Map 2 I honestly believe he would be deserving of fixing/rearranging a city on one of those maps. I know I was asked to claim Rihad after completing Kogo'tel, so some sort of delegation seem to occur.

There are enough cities to go around...
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

then you can claim one when it becomes available. The only instance of claim reservation is when a claim is locked to be put on hold, IE the modders who had claims on map 6, and even this is more of a stealth claiming. (better phrased as, this is yours but don't work on it)

you may have been asked to claim something, but there was no reason for anyone else not to claim Rihad, and there was no reason that claim wouldn't have been granted. I doubt it would have come out as well, but those are the facts. Granted we only gave HF cities to those who posted detailed plans and had proven themselves in the past, ensuring a limited number of modders were even elligible for the cities, but even still had someone had the mind and made the effort of planning at the same time as you, they would have got the claim had they got to it first.

wow I ramble a lot.

besides, this claim is like 2 years away from being anything close to relevant. Wait for something to pop up on map 5, or even a city redo on 4. Just look around the map, there are plenty that need it.

Note: my estimates are off because I'm not that informed on the timelines of Morrowind exteriors.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo