6-39-Dre

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

6-39-Dre

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Exterior
Claim ID: TR_6-39-Dre (#225)
Faction: Dres
Claimed by: agram
Files: TR_6-39-Dre_agram_1.esp; TR_6-39-Dre_agram_2.esp

---

Contains a few sporadic shacks.
Inferno_str1ke

Progress Report

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

The rocks on both the WG area and the mountain have now been completed - all thats left to do is the grassland south of the stream, which I did aaaages ago, but lost it all and had to start from scratch.
Last edited by Inferno_str1ke on Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

How is progress coming on this claim?
"Noirgrim, (who is accused of working too hard) is the worst kind of modder this project can get." -Ender
Abramul

Post by Abramul »

Isn't this the town that's getting a bone-dragon?
Tamriel is an impossible place, built on impossible precepts. It's, frankly, a magic ball of sentient schizophrenia. --MK
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Can I get a progress report? From the sound of your last post, this was almost finished.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

Abramul wrote:Isn't this the town that's getting a bone-dragon?
Yep, thats correct. As soon as we can find someone to model one for us.

And I still don't know where to get the latest Dres models from. I had two sets and was told they were both wrong.
M1ke
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Inferno_str1ke wrote:
Abramul wrote:Isn't this the town that's getting a bone-dragon?
Yep, thats correct. As soon as we can find someone to model one for us.

And I still don't know where to get the latest Dres models from. I had two sets and was told they were both wrong.
The Dres set is not done, and I suggest you ask Theo about this quest before you get excited about it. I'd like it to be approved before you go off with it this time. Just sayin'.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I believe it is vernon who is currently working on the Dres houses, so look to him for help with this.

The whole thing with a dragon is frankly ridiculous. Do you really think if a dragon was killed it would be intact, pristine and neatly found in the centre of a Dres Town? If there was a dragon skeleton around it would be carted off to the Imperial city quicker than you could say ALSMIVI, not left in a backwater somewhere.

You really need to stop trying to make your towns so special. It detracts from it really. I would much rather walk into a dres town and find a totally unique slave pit in the centre of town which would add to the flavour of the whole Great House rather than something which would not belong there.
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

Though progress on the Dres set is good, I'm certainly not going to make any rush on it for this (map 6!!!) when we haven't even finished map 1. About this dragon thing, is it indicated anywhere in lore that there might be a dragon skeleton here?
welp
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

There is no indication of Kha'Ank being here, much less having a dragon in it.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

There is no reason it has to be stated in lore, especially since, while we know there are dragons in Tamriel, the lore only points to the location of two actual dragons.

The reason there has to be one is because we said so. It was decided a while back that while there wouldn't be any LIVE dragons in Morrowind, there would be a single dead dragon at the site of Kha'Ank. There was a quest along with it, which I believe involved a necromancer who had found the skeleton and was trying to use his art to revive it.
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Just checking progress.
Now, as far as the dragon skeleton goes, I think that an entire, intact dragon skeleton is way over the top. With the Imperialization of Morrowind, the raw age of the skeleton itself, and the fact that the Dres are merchants, and there are plenty out there that would pay several fortunes to get their hands on a dragon skeleton, it is just too much.
If we are intent on doing something with dragon bones, and we have someone to model them for us, I suggest that there be a handful of bones. Perhaps a talon here, a rib there, and a vertebrae. Nothing much though.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

Rishanor

Post by Rishanor »

In such a case, the models from a humanoid ribcage could be used by scaling them up and partly burying it. Then only a talon may need to be made.
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

status please...
by posting useless junk on these forums you WON'T become a modder, only a spammer...
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

It's been a 5 weeks since I_S has last logged in...anyone know where he's at?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Well, I'll give him one week (today it is Monday the 21st... technically), and if we have no update by then, I'm revoking it.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

Well, I guess it didn't get revoked, so here I am anyway. And as far as I knew, TR policy was to email members before revoking claims? You have my email address on the forum. Well anyway, the thing is doing ok, but I can't go further until I have the Dres models, and Sload informed me that they weren't done.
M1ke
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

If it's close to completion as you said, you should add a WIP file to the thread, and update the percentage up-top.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

Fair enough - I'm posting this from Oxford because I'm bored waiting for a Uni interview, but I'll get the .esp attached to the top post when I'm home.

Regarding the dragon and such, I'll detail the original plan:

Kha'Ank is a small Dres town, made up in exactly the same way that others have - so not on the current map. The town is on two levels, on a large peninsula and around the base, enclosed by the cliffs down from the peninsula. It will be discovered by the player that there is an old network of caves below the peninsula, and this will lead on to the discovery of the skeleton of a dragon far beneath the city. But the player will not have been the first to unearth it, for a necormancer has been working in secret for years to siphon its power, and is now preparing to animate the skeleton, visualising riding on its back to domination of the Dres people for what he percieves are crimes against his family.

Now that was the original idea, and as can be seen there is much that isn't clear about it - what exactly does he have against the Dres, how is the cave found, how large etc. WIth the idea of having a large skeleton dragon model made a bit hard by having our modeller leave, my idea is this - the spell is caused to go wrong, and just parts of the dragon are animated - picture a floating dragon skull, a slithering skeletal tail, a walking talon - all out to get the player. Whether this would be a straight fight or something more fancy can be decided at the time, but until then, I reckon that's the best thing to plan for, and if any modellers wish to do any work on it, feel free to PM me.
M1ke
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

Inferno_str1ke wrote: ...TR policy was to email members before revoking claims?...
not trying to offend you, but you are a member long enough to know you are to post a progress report at least every other week [yet you break this rule regurarly], so, failing to obey a rule on one side but demanding from us to obey a procedure [that was abadoned long ago] on the other side ain't gonna work...
by posting useless junk on these forums you WON'T become a modder, only a spammer...
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

True, I suppose, I just find it hard to keep visiting these days, something about the forums pisses me off. Anyway, I'll post the claim up soon (as in today), and I've updated on progress, so there you have it.

EDIT: ok, I've uploaded the most recent file. Now feel free to make constructive comments, I may act on them but I won't respond to them here. Because it's WIP there's currently no vertex shading and I've not playtested it. It's cleaned to work with Map6 v22 which is the latest I have. Some textures are missing because they're Greybeard's custom models. If I can't dig them out I'll delete the objects. In the main grass area I've placed pretty much all the trees, but alot of them will have rocks, flora etc added around them - the fine detail so to speak. The two rocky areas have been completely 'rocked' and I may add just a few trees to the WG rock bit. I'm sure you can guess where the town will be, there was a wall running along the bottom part of it, but as it was the Dres models mark 1 wall I removed it. Whenever new ones come out I'll start on the town. I'll try working more regularly on this from now on, get the outside-of-town bit finished in a few weeks.
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

WIP hasn't changed because I haven't done much (hey, it was Christmas 2 days ago) but I've now done the rocks and flora under the trees in the SW cells.
M1ke
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I suggest you build the town with the existing dres models now, and then when or if the new ones are ever completed, you can download those and do a search&replace on the town.

This way you can get more progress done and viewers of the claim can get more of a feel for how it will look, and may offer up better suggestions and critiques for it.

Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

Fair enough, I'm going to wait until I've gotten the rest of the landscape done first.

I've pretty much finished the entire AI area on the west side of the river, same for the MA bit there. I've even done the shading. Half of the WG bits on the east of the river are done, what has been done has been shaded. The AI and other grass bits on the east side of the river have a few things in them and have been shaded, but need alot more.

I've updated the WIP.
Attachments
untitled.JPG
Top down screen with guides as to what is done.
(44.58 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
M1ke
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I like it, it's coming together nicely. But next time you take a topdown shot, it'd give a better sense of the claim to turn gridlines on (and progress), and it would also enhance realism as well as a better sense of the claim to turn floodlights off.

Also, I'm semi-concerned about that area in the bottom right corner. I know it's not done, but the vertex shading+change in texture style is a little harsh atm. I'm sure it'll fix itself when flora is added, though.

Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

Ah yes, I turned them off because I thought it looked nicer, then realised I wasn't entering it in a 'Miss Mod 2005' competition. Never mind. And the floodlights were off, maybe it just didn't come out well from the angle.

I see what you mean about the bottom right corner, the thing you have to remember is that those circular bits are water (paddies) so it will look different in game with real water. And having the area full of statics also helps :P

Anyway, download the WIP to get a real feel for it, but do remember I haven't playtested yet.
M1ke
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

Just an update to follow the rules. I've been busy with other things, no changes.
M1ke
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

Still no change due to pending A2 module exams. I will definately get some done this weekend though, as my revision has been going well and I'll have some time.

EDIT: Ok, so I didn't do any. Last exam tomorrow, so I can get back on track with this (and I have been doing reviews, so not like I've done a runner like I used to).
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

It's been over a month, update please.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

Yeh, sorry, the last two weeks have been uber busy for me, but I'm working on it (almost) as i type this.
M1ke
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

Rocky bits done
M1ke
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

Ah, now looking at the last post you'd think - 'avast! he hasn't posted for 20 days!' but look at the file upload and you'll see it's half that since I gave this some attention. It hasn't moved since then, but TES:IV videos are on a constant loop in the background.
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

Right, well it seems that fate has decided to curse me. After yesterdays post mentioning that the WIP was updated, my .esp file no longer works, and if I re-download the one off the site it also doesn't work. So unless someone can check on that newest .esp and get it working the claims progress has sort of gone backwards. If no one has said they've salvaged it by tomorrow I'll try and blitz it back to where it was.
M1ke
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

Wow, I vanish for an extended ammount of time (due to me being lazy) and when I return, only 1 post has been put above this in a month. I reckon I'll try and finish the claim now.
M1ke
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Is the claim finished yet? You've had over two months without posting any sort of progress.

fanfas
Developer

Post by fanfas »

He's been away since 1 april so probably we won't see him again any time soon....
MAP 3 -> Interiors
Map 3 -> Interior Fixing
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Well, that's generally the case. Inferno_Str1ke, however, has the habit of 'disappearing' for a couple months, only to turn up later and act as if only a day or three had passed, demanding we follow stupid rules that don't exist any more.

Begin edit -

Besides, Inferno_Str1ke's lately an ass anyway, who knows little of reality here, it seems, and who apparently enjoys basing big insultory posts on misinformation... *shrug* To each their own.

Elaborated since talentless was not the word I was looking for.
Last edited by Haplo on Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Hey, I warned him.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

What? That made no sense.

At any rate, you cannot claim anything until you have attained 'TR Modder' status, and you are still 'TR Member'. To attain Modder status, (which has been put on hold for the moment) go to the Showcase forum and create a thread showcasing your talents in the fields of whatever it is you do.

Sorry :-/
Silvone Elestahr
Developer

Post by Silvone Elestahr »

On Inferno's disappearance: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=615

Don't know if you alread knew of this or not.