6-39-Dre

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

OH NO TEH STR1KE IS GONE!!!
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

Egads!
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

Haplo wrote:Besides, Inferno_Str1ke's a talentless jackass anyway.
Ah, so wonderfully spoken Haplo - I can see there the eloquence which got you on the team as a literary moderator. And this from a TR member who's main contribution to the project is insulting other people simply because you don't agree with them on something. Talentless? You know barely anything of my talents for a start - talentless people do not get places at Oxford University. Yes, it's this kind of thing that meant I simply couldn't stand coming here anymore, the fact that such arrogant twats as yourself hold minor positios of power and feel they can stick their nose in with snide comments whenever they choose.

To the rest of the good folk of TR, I apologise for never returning after I said I would - I honestly could find no energy in me to continue modding, reviewing or visiting here, but my long time dedication to this project (of which I am, however inactively, over 3 years a member) prevented me from announcing that I quit, leaving somewhat of an awkward situation. It is handy I suppose that Silvone Elestahr noticed the post on ST, which I guess happened around the time of my last posting here. Unfortunately due to my not being that impressed with Oblivion I had no inclintion to work much on that, though I hope to reconcile myself with TES IV some day. My free time these days is mostly taken up with web design, song writing and novel writing, so I doubt I'll be getting back to modding any day soon.

Still, I've contributed a fair bit to this project so I'm not going to officially leave until Morrowind is done. That way should I suddenly recieve a newfound love for modding I shall reclaim whatever remains.
M1ke
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Inferno_str1ke wrote: Ah, so wonderfully spoken Haplo - I can see there the eloquence which got you on the team as a literary moderator. And this from a TR member who's main contribution to the project is insulting other people simply because you don't agree with them on something.
hardy har har. I almost laughed at this, it's so funny.

Seriously, though. Maybe you'd care to elaborate on these talents I know nothing of? Having been around you for 3 years, one would think I'd have picked up on them.
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

Now now, people, don't fight here.
Inferno Str1ke wrote:Ah, so wonderfully spoken Haplo - I can see there the eloquence which got you on the team as a literary moderator. And this from a TR member who's main contribution to the project is insulting other people simply because you don't agree with them on something.
There are some people that could apply to. Haplo is not one of them.
Haplo wrote:Besides, Inferno_Str1ke's a talentless jackass anyway.
And Haplo, if you think other people have ways to improve their modding, constructive criticism is the way to go. Being not too intimately familiar with I_S's work, I'm not sure what I can say, besides that it was a good deal better than a lot of what was going on at the same time.

If people ignore that, it would be better to insult their arrogance or stupidity.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I elaborated on my edit (and yes, I_s, that line was edited in.) since talentless wasn't exactly the word I was looking for.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Jale2

Post by Jale2 »

Inferno_str1ke wrote:talentless people do not get places at Oxford University.
[img]http://hailbritannia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/boris-johnson.jpg[/img]
Enough said.

(for the benefit of everyone who isnt from around here...thats Boris Johnson. Wiki him.)
Archeopterix
Developer

Post by Archeopterix »

I have a horse skeleton 1/2 done, it probably won't take too much to convert it into a dragon (different posture, teeth, claws instead of hooves, some spikes and wings). I can put that in my list, but I don't want to bite off more than I can chew, either. Is it a dead-skeleton?
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

I don't really think it's my place to decide things for Morrowind, but as currently quest mod I am entirely against anything draconic in this claim, and I think the morrowind mods will agree.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

*ahem* Sload, you aren't even working on the bloody Morrowind engine. And from what you've said, you don't even like the game, so please stick to what you do like, and stop giving orders where they are unneeded and unnecessary.

It was decided that long ago, there would be no dragons in the Morrowind part, however there would be a single dragon skeleton below the city of Kha'Ank, with a possible quest to prevent a lich from animating it.

Not that this has too much to do with the exterior claim...
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Zalzidrax wrote: ...
Decided long ago by one person with no thought for lore or plausibility. Kha'ank isn't even on the map, it's made up. Making up a whole town for a claim is uber enough, don't you think? If there were a dragon skeleton, it'd have been and removed long ago, or at least deteriorated. It's just too much bs to believe, I think.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Sure, I'll get Lud's opinion if I really have to. I know that last time this came up everyone I discussed it with (unless I discussed it with you, of course) thought it was a loreless idea thought up by inferno, but that it would never get done anyway so what's the big deal.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I was against this idea too. Inferno had that habit. Its not going to add much to have a skeleton hidden under an obscure town which most players are not going to visit, but it WOULD mean making a whole skeleton for this SOLE place. Plus it would break the Moratorium, whereby a model would only be added if in a quest and:
Only if absolute and extreme necessety (i.e. the whole quest revolves around this item).
While the whole quest would revolve around the skeleton, who is going to write and make a quest for it? Why dont we ask the quest mod if such a quest would be approved. Sload?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Problem solved. And look how much work we have saved. No more skeleton to be made. No more tunnels to be made. And what have we lost? A quest that only a few people who even FIND the town will ever play, and another dungeon with a skeleton that will probably not elicit any more response than that Anglo-Saxon-Style longboat burial in the Azura Coast region.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Jale wrote:that Anglo-Saxon-Style longboat burial in the Azura Coast region.
I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT!

Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

If you want something to be plausible... you can make it plausible.

As long as the idea is not too ridiculous, all you have to do is come up with an explanation. And it is just as easy to think of a dozen reasons why something can exist as a dozen why it might not.

And this idea is far from implausible, if you think about it.

There are dragons on Tamriel.
Dragons are mortal.
Dragonbone is as durable as ebony, if not daedric: the Dragonbone cuirass has the highest armor rating in the game.

The only thing against? Dragons are rare.

One dragon skeleton in an entire province is pretty darn rare.

If anything, having no evidence of dragons in the entire province of Morrowind is more lore breaking.

The model is hardly an issue. Archie has offered to make one, I could make it myself, even.

And hey, what's the use of building this whole province if there's not enough cool stuff to find to bother exploring?

Just because an idea was proposed by someone you happen to dislike doesn't make it necessarily a bad one. To act that way is kinda petty.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Wait, I'm against it because Inferno_l33t posted it? I didn't know that.

Right now, there's absolutely no reason there should be a dragon here. Kha'Ank might not even be here when whoever claims it actually claims it. The Dres set is being replaced by Velothi, and I doubt Kha'Ank was made in Velothi. Inferno_str1ke isn't going to be claiming it.

Why? Inferno_str1ke has shown his terrible inability with quests and even planning with Bal Oyra, where he gave us some unfinished quest ideas and a few journal entries more than two years. Only it wasn't actually two years, because inferno would only be here for 2 days before leaving for more than a month at a time.

Now, the lore. Dragon skeletons are extremely rare. Not 1-in-a-province, more like 4 or 5 found every []millenia.[/i] This is enormous news that would've been mentioned in Oblivion. Even ignoring that, it would really have to be a big fucking deal to have a chance of being okay, and Kha'Ank is no where near.

The dragon is dead. So are his bones.
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

So your arguments amount to
1. That you want said dragon skeletons rare enough not to be there
2. Previously undiscovered dragon skeletons should be found someplace more important (where there probably have been more people poking around...)

Neither of which is a very logical or compelling argument as to why someone cannot put a dragon skeleton here. If I misunderstand you, please clarify.

Also, that there is no reason to put a certain thing in is no reason not to.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

It's funny, Zalz. Depending on how you look at it, it's my decision or a Morrowind, which pretty much means Ludovic. I've said no, let's see how Ludovic feels and then it's settled. If he says yes, then whatever.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Or teh Massalinie.

Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

Will be back up for claiming when map 2 exteriors are all claimed.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Unlocking for claiming.

agram
Reviewer

Post by agram »

Can someone fill me in on this claim. I would like to claim this, but what is that about a dragon and a town.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

there is no town, and no bone dragon.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
agram
Reviewer

Post by agram »

OK thanks Thrignar,i am going to try this in the near future after i finish some interiors ( if it will be avaible ).
agram
Reviewer

Post by agram »

Can i claim this? Swiftoak alredy sent me his 6-40. As desc said.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

why wouldn't you be able to?
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Granted. :-P Make it shine :-)
agram
Reviewer

Post by agram »

Just a little progress report:
About 40%; did the land, borders, added textures and so far placed 4 shacks. Will upload if nedded.

EDIT: report 03.06
About 70%; placed one more shack, so there are total of five, need to make one more cell, add vertex , some details and this will be finished.
EDIT2: report 09.06
About 80% just vertex and some detailing left. This should be finished within a week. I hope.
agram
Reviewer

Post by agram »

It took a little longer, but it's finished now. There are 5 shacks, and two caves.
Caves: 23,-37
21,-35
It looked like a good place for them.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

To Review it goes
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

This is being taken care of now.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

TESAME clean

Loading Errors none

Review All is well, this was a small claim and everything looked fine.

Comments I like the waterfall, although I thought the stream could have used a few more rocks.

Rating 8.75/10
Attachments
TR_6-39-Dre_agram_1.esp
(466.98 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
agram
Reviewer

Post by agram »

This is finished.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

I'm gonna hit this one now.

TESAME clean

Loading Errors none

Review Stream looks much better. Claim looks more detailed.

Comments You took my lanterns out of the tree ;(

Rating 9/10

Use agram's latest file for merging.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Sweet. Submitting. I'll move it to Finished once I merge it.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Merged.