Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-23-Ind (#514)
Faction: Indoril
Parent claim: TR_3-16-Ind (#120)
Claimed by: Parted User
Files: TR_i3-23-Ind_Jule_1.esp

---

Almalexia 20,-30 Home of the Black Rose Country Club Owner's Bodyguard.

Exterior in http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=21206&start=360

#10 http://i.imgur.com/2SLNh.jpg
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Ok, I'm claiming this to do in my free time,
I'd like to make it an inn type thing for wealthy people if I may, but i'm not sure if that's ok or not. For the time being I'm going to assume it is.
I'm going to put in a bar and some tables, chairs etc in the main room/entrance and off of that will be a lounge and also some stairs leading to the basement, where there will be th suites and i thought perhaps a small bath area like in the bath house i made once.. forgotten the number of the claim. It will be fairly nice and if and when the NPCs are made I'd like to make sure that the price of the rooms is more expensive than that of an ordinary inn.
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Spunds Cool. Bit like a country club. Maybe make it a hangout for politicos from the nearby council hall too.

Granted. Happy modding!
Recommeded OoT packages:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_OOT_Main.esm (1.3 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_OOT_Main.tar.gz (58.2 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_EoT.esm (112.6 KB)
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Finished.
Sorry it took so long, but i didn't actually start on this on til yesturday (may have kinda, you know, forgotten about it :oops:

;)
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Submitterizing
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Like in my previous review, I've decided to put "splats" (*) in front of the things that need fixing the most. Other may be overlooked.

IN-TESCS LOOK:

General:
-* Without being in "bright light" mode, adjust some of the lights in the main room. The bar suffers from ugly lighting discrepencies.
Put some more candles.
-* Said bar isn't gridsnapped, and furthermore sinks into the walls at both endpieces. Set gridsnap at 16, then yank softly each piece away from the wall, then press F to make it stick to the ground.
-* The "marker-like" part of activators other than sound activators is not hidden-in game, sadly. I know from personal experience. So sink it completely for both furn_mist256 in the pool.
- I suppose the bedroom with two beds and a de_r_chest_01_gold1 will not be rentable, otherwise change the chest to an empty one.
- Add an empty chest by the bed in the room to rent.
- The storage room behind the bar isn't pretty in a rich customer's eye, so add a doorjamb and a door.
- Trapdoors aren't perfectly aligned vertically. Doesn't matter much, though, it's just to have a single square on the map.
- light_com_candle_07_157 look really cheap for an upstanding inn. Replace them with candles with a candlestick, so that hot wax won't damage the rich table's wood.
- Architecture pieces are not gridsnapped correctly. Click on one, then select everything else, and move everything with a proper gridsnap.

Floaters:
-* potion_local_liquor_01 (the one on the Furn_De_r_Table_09 by the window).
- misc_com_plate_05 (the stack on the shelf behind the bar), hit "F" for each plate above the bottom one, starting with the lowest.
- misc_com_plate_07 (ditto)
-* misc_com_plate_08 (ditto) the one on the top floats visibly.

Sinkers:
-* com_sack_02_chpfood3 (both) they sink so much they pierce the roof of the room below! (A common problem in Indoril interiors, since the

ceiling is so close to the floor of the level above, they're practically at the same height.)

Bleeders:
-* in_MH_int_column_01 (all those around the in_MH_doorjamb_02 leading to the rented chambers). Severe bleeding problem. This is especially troublesome to fix, as the indoril set misses some pieces that would make this simpler (half and quarter columns would be the easiest way to fix). Deleting the hall and the first squares of each bedroom, and replacing them with in_MH_int_corner_02, in_MH_int_entrance_01, and walls finally yield a possible solution.

IN-GAME LOOK
-* The EX_MH_bazaar_bench_01 look goofy in the bathpool, and furthermore there's no way to leave said pool by walking. Arrange several in a stair-like fashion. See pic. And either do the same on the other side or move the bench so that there's no gap between it and the wall.
[url=http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=benchstairs6hl.jpg][img]http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/3435/benchstairs2uy.png[/img][/url]

Comments Cool, I liked the pool.

A fixed version is attached. I attached it because it was the simplest way to explain the fix to the bleeder problem. The other errors I've seen have been fixed too. When fixing, feel free to use it or not.

Rating
Attachments
TR_i3-23-Ind_FixProposal.rar
(5.68 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Indoril

Post by Indoril »

Fits exterior: Yes

Review:

General Errors:

-The objects in the building have not all been grid snapped. Check these again and snap them. The most notable is the bar on the top floor. Others include some of the interior statics.
-The Bar on the third story (entry level) needs more lights on it. It shades oddly due to a lack of light. Also, as it is a bar for a tavern, it should perhaps be a tad more furnished.
-This seems to be a wealthy interior. Some objects seem more suited for a poor interior. This isn't to severe, but you should correct it and replace the poor items with expensive ones.
-Your trap doors are off kilter to eachother. They should be lined up exactly.
-The interior could use a few more rugs and tapestries. This is an indoril interior after all. It should flaunt its wealth a bit.

Bleeder and Floater Errors:

-Object light_de_lamp_01_256 in south west corner of third story floor (Entry level) bleeds very slightly into floor.
-Object crate_01_eggs10 is bleeding slightly into the floor. It is the crate you placed on the bottom of the stack in the cubby hole on the third floor.
Object potion_local_liquor_01 (sjumma) is floating very obviously over the table on the east side of the third story.
-Object misc_com_silverware_knife is angled akwardly, and the heavier end is floating. It should either be repositioned, or tilted since it looks akward that the heavier end is sticking up and not the lighter end.
-(I could not figure out a way to fix this error, so I looked at the review that was preformed by Massaline, and am repeating her advice): "Object in_MH_int_column_01 (all those around the in_MH_doorjamb_02 leading to the rented chambers). Severe bleeding problem. This is especially troublesome to fix, as the indoril set misses some pieces that would make this simpler (half and quarter columns would be the easiest way to fix). Deleting the hall and the first squares of each bedroom, and replacing them with in_MH_int_corner_02, in_MH_int_entrance_01, and walls finally yield a possible solution."
-Object light_de_candle_08 is bleeding slightly into table in the north west corner of western room on second story.
-Object light_de_candle_04 is bleeding slightly into table in the north west corner of eastern room on second story.
-Object light_de_candle_01 is bleeding slightly into table in the western side of eastern room on second story.
-You bled objects in_MH_3way_01 and in_MH_stairs_01 together. This is not causing a flaw that can be seen ingame, but it can cause you problems in the future if you try it with other objects. Be really careful with purposeful bleeding.

Comments:

-The hot tub is well done.
-You also seemed to have done a good job on making this interior fit the Indoril (Mournhold) Style quite well.
-Be really careful in the future about bleeders and floaters and also with the Indoril (MH) style interior pieces in the future.
-I like your creativity. Good Job.
-Take a look at Massaline's review as well. I noticed she added a possible fix for your architecture problem.

Rating: 7/10 (More once improved. 8 or 9 out of 10 really if it weren't for that little bug with the second story's interior statics).
Stendarr is the God of Mercy and Justice. Therefore, he must also be the bearer of Duck Tape, for only Mercy and Justice can use Duck Tape for the Good of man.
(\__/)
(^_^)
(>o<)
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Attachment put back for great justice.

Also, the texture bleeding in the bottom stair is now definitely fixed, thanks to TR_Data's sheer awesomeness.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Approving, use top file for merging
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Revoked for repurpose.
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Unlocking for claimage.
Peterboy
Developer

Post by Peterboy »

Claiming.

RM furniture, is the bodyguard Dunmer? Just to know what kind of armor/weapon should I add :)
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Let's use a non-Dunmer bodyguard. Dunmer enough in this area already. Orc or one of the man races? Up to you, as far as I'm concerned.
Peterboy
Developer

Post by Peterboy »

Purrfect :) I was also thinking in an orc or imperial bodyguard :)
"A sick thought can devour the body’s flesh more than fever or consumption"
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

An orc would be nice, but as Why says its up to you. Do what feels right.
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d
Peterboy
Developer

Post by Peterboy »

Orc is perfectly ok for me :)
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

I see that in your ninja post ;)

Enjoy Peterboy! (I rhymed)
Peterboy
Developer

Post by Peterboy »

I'm still working on this, I just need a little more time to finish it :) MAybe in the next 1-2 week, life is a little bit hectic
Peterboy
Developer

Post by Peterboy »

Finished
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

reviewsubmit
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Fits exterior: No

This thing has the door and window placed wrong. In addition I think this doesn't fit in general.

Review:

Comments Send back.

Rating N/A
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Peterboy, this needs an update before it can be sent back to reviewing! Please update immediately.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Revoked.
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

iClaim

de_rm, 2 stories, 3x3

EDIT: actually 2x2, a trapdoor will do the trick for this one, no need for stairs
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Grant!
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

Finished! The bodyguard is an Orc, skilled in Blunt Weapon and Spear, though his weapon of choice is the mace. I suggest giving him either steel or orcish armor. Brutish on the outside and able to break quite a few bones, but a soft soul on the inside (he doesn't like others to know about it, though, so he keeps the upper floor, his real sanctuary, under lock). Doesn't drink alcohol.
Le vent nous portera

Tea is important! - Cathartis
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Totally off to review.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

REVIEW

Clean: Yes
Ambient/Sunlight/illegal-to-sleep-here: ok/ok/yes
Northmarker: Yes
Fits the exterior: Yes (Used TR_M3A6_Nemon_aug2013.esp for exterior view)
Loading errors: No (warning about old TR_data version ignored)
Correct TileSet: Yes

Rating: 9.5 out of 10
Comments: This is a well done interior. Novel idea for the planter.
Even though the lighting settings are set lower than the defaults, it still seemed bright in game – these may need some final adjustment. The Com_Basket_01_POS contains marksman weapons. I am not sure it belongs here, there is no indication that this person is proficient or trying to be proficient in marksmanship. I would replace with crate_01_steel_weapons, crate_01_steel_armor, or TR_crate_01_steel_weap.

Changes Made
Interior Name changed from TR_i3-23-Ind_jule to TR_i3-23-Ind

Major Float
TR_act_De_Bed_07 (-34, -19, 269)
TR_furn_De_Rm_Bench (-212, -335, -63)
TR_misc_com_cutboard_01 (9, -6, -65)

Minor Float
common_glove_left_01 (-155, -313, -46)
common_glove_right_01 (-163, -307, -46)
expensive_ring_02 (20, -248, 313)
orcish_bracer_left (-323, -84, -128)
orcish_bracer_right (82, -261, -128)

Major Bleed
NONE

Minor Bleed
light_de_lantern_04 (-132, -128, 101) into hook
light_de_lantern_04 (-132, -128, 449) into hook

Other
In_MH_door_01 (-256, 144, 0) – There are tiny gaps on each side at the bottom of these door (observable in MH too), so I add the In_Lava_Blacksquare outside of this door, so that the gaps are less obvious.

p_fortify_fatigue_s (-174, -286, -122) – Adjusted rotation to lie more naturally on floor

steel mace (-334, -99, -84) – Adjusted rotation so that 2 spikes rested on table.

FIXED FILE BELOW
Attachments
TR_i3-23-Ind.esp
(8.09 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Moving to N/A until we decide what to do with Alma claims.