Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-184-Ind (#720)
Faction: Indoril
Parent claim: TR_3-16-Ind (#120)
Claimed by: Parted User
Files: TR_i3-184-Ind_Haplo_1.esp; TR_i3-184-Ind_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp

---

Almalexia (25, -29) Thalotheran Estate

The Thalotheran family is the richest family in House Indoril. They own, among many other things, the large open mine in the east towards the Lan Orethan forest.

This should be the crème de la crème of Indoril. Please post a plan when claiming this.

This claim includes all buildings in the exterior cell.
PaulShin

Post by PaulShin »

Hmm well it seems you guys are in a rush to finish map 3 that's why I decided o abandon that claim. Won't have time to finish it. Here's what I've done so far. Good luck for anyone who gets it after me.
Attachments
TR_SHI_i3-184.esp
(288.04 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
Interiors done: 0/0/1/12 (C/S/R/A)
Interiors reviewed: 18 (Not a reviewer atm)
Current Project:
-Imperial Forts mod (nonTR)
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

Revoked. Up for claiming, please use the WIP esp.
Silvone Elestahr
Developer

Post by Silvone Elestahr »

I would like to do this. I have some time on my hands before I start at ASU, and I'm quite bored at the moment. After viewing the template, and getting the "details" from Hermit, or whoever tells me, I will give you more details on what I plan to do with it.
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

You get it. There're all the details in [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=10354]this thread[/url]. Further information I need to dig up, and that might take a little while, as my life sucks at the moment.

Well anyway, granted. Enjoy! :)
Recommeded OoT packages:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_EoT_ESM.rar (8.8 KB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_EoT_datafiles.rar (900 KB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_OOT_Main.esm (995.8 KB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_OOT_Main.tar.gz (40.8 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_OOT_Old_v1.tar.gz (56.7 MB)
Silvone Elestahr
Developer

ignore this file please.
Attachments
TR_SE_i3-184-ind.esp
(153.18 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
37: Rejoice as TeeAr rebuilds these lands that have been ravaged by war and famine. May those who STand in his way be smited by his many hands in an unrelenting torment.
-Noirgrim
Silvone Elestahr
Developer

Is there a template of some sort for this claim? Because I am completely lost on what needs to be done to it. I don't know what needs to go in the castle.
37: Rejoice as TeeAr rebuilds these lands that have been ravaged by war and famine. May those who STand in his way be smited by his many hands in an unrelenting torment.
-Noirgrim
Silvone Elestahr
Developer

Thaythionis Castle Template

Plans for Thaythionis Castle

I will have to change a bit of Shinobi's work to make this fit, but I won't change much of it. Mostly just expanding on what he already did, and moving parts to different floors.

Anything in parenthesis means that I am not sure what it will actually be called, such as the priest and guards trainer. Anything and everything is subject to change, based on popular opinion. So, please, give me your opinion.

Ground Floor: Healer & Apothecary Offices
Small Public Library
Store Room
Weaver's "Office(?)"

1st Floor: Servant's Quarters x 10
Butler's Quarters
Music Room
Storeroom x 2
Servants Kitchen

2nd Floor: Guard's Beds x 6
"Trainer's" Bed
"Trainer's" Office
Weapons & Armor Storeroom x 4

3rd Floor: Library
Entertainment Lounge
Servant's Quarters x 3
Librarian's Quarters

4th Floor: Shrine
Storeroom x 3
Servant's Quarters x 2
"Priests" Quarters

5th Floor: Apothecary's Quarters
Weaver's Quarters
Healer's Quarters
[undetermined]

6th Floor: Family Quarters
Family Kitchen/Mess Hall
Servant's Quarters x 3

7th Floor: Masters' Quarters
Masters' Offices
Meeting Hall(room)

8th Floor: Vault
-Noirgrim
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

I found them!

My original plans were layered, pretty much according to "the higher, the more important".

Ground floor: reception, some house-bound artisans (service Indoril members only), small public library, storerooms

1st floor: servants' quarters, servants' dining hall/kitchen (use vernon's soon-to-come cauldron of soup meshes!), more storerooms

2nd floor: family guards garrison (where the house's private guards reside; Indoril law dictates that all noble families maintain their own guards, though those have to serve under the house banner whenever the house dean demands so), offices and representative rooms for family business

3rd floor: lower ranking clan members quarters (cousins, aunts/uncles, ect), guest room, storerooms

4th floor: lord's and lady's childrens' quarters (4, one for each), Taythionis family dining hall and kitchen (high-class, not the scrubby stuff they give to the servants!)

5th floor: Lord's and Lady's quarters and recreative rooms, including a private library

6th floor: family armoury and vault

7th floor: ceremonial great hall

I'm not particularily attached to any of this except the large representative hall. I think that knightly indoril families need such a place to display family banners and trophies and hold family festivities on religious holidays (it's also great for bragging about how great they are).
Elder Mod.

For now, I'm sleeping in my lightless city beneath the waves.

But someday ... I will be back.

Fthagn.
Silvone Elestahr
Developer

I'm really sorry, but I have to drop this. I have no idea how Noirgrim made it through college while working on TR as hard as he did, but its not possible for me. School just started and I already have no time. And I don't even have a job yet...so, I'm dropping my claims. Once again, I'm sorry. I don't have a file to upload because i can't transfer the files from my PC to my laptop. I hadn't done much work anyway.
-Noirgrim
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

*sigh* One more Indoril interior...and huge one... Revoked.
presh
Developer

Post by presh »

I love these big indoril interiors! I will claim it when I have finished one of my others.

But don't let that stop anyone else claiming it if they want it before me.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence."
-- M. Ghandi
presh
Developer

Post by presh »

I'll take this, as promised. I will stick with hermits floor plan.
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Please use the half-complete file.

Granted. Happy modding!
presh
Developer

Post by presh »

Sorry about lack of updates, have been doing map 1 detailing. Have layed out floorplan and started detailing.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence."
-- M. Ghandi
Zephyr
Developer Emeritus

Post by Zephyr »

Revoked due to inactivity.
Indoril

Post by Indoril »

Since I'm restarting, I'd like to claim this. I should assume it is moderately wealthy?
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Granted
Welcome back, Indoril. And yes, it's a castle so, wealthy.
Happy modding
Recommeded OoT packages:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_OOT_Main.esm (1.3 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_OOT_Main.tar.gz (58.2 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_EoT.esm (112.6 KB)
Indoril

Post by Indoril »

Minor problem. There are some, actually, a lot of meshes that were in this interior that were not covered in the orgigional morrowind, Tribunal, or Blood Moon content, nor any of the OoTs that I have. It seemed to be different plants, a few certain room pieces, and banners for the walls. I need these meshes/textures, etc., or I'm just going to have to remove them and fill it with other things. Anyone?
Stendarr is the God of Mercy and Justice. Therefore, he must also be the bearer of Duck Tape, for only Mercy and Justice can use Duck Tape for the Good of man.
(\__/)
(^_^)
(>o<)
Indoril

Post by Indoril »

Thanks. Actually, I just figured it all out. I didn't realize it, but when I reinstalled Morrowind (It had corrupted), all my datafiles except for my personal library folder and my esps and been erased. They actually were OoT items, but the Meshes etc. had been erased, so that was an error on my part.
Stendarr is the God of Mercy and Justice. Therefore, he must also be the bearer of Duck Tape, for only Mercy and Justice can use Duck Tape for the Good of man.
(\__/)
(^_^)
(>o<)
Indoril

Post by Indoril »

Just to update, I've gotten the basic floor plan finished and fixed. There were a few of flaws in the origional file, so I fixed that, and finished the missing pieces. It is Seven stories with one basement level. Now I'm furnishing it.
Indoril

Post by Indoril »

I'm just updating. I've not been inactive, so please don't revoke this. I had to fix two interiors that came out of review. Those are done now, so I'll be to work on this. It should only be about another (Edit:) four weeks or so. Not much more than that. Thanks for the patience.
Indoril

Post by Indoril »

Just an update. Taythionis is almost done. I'm on the last floor, and I'll have it here by the end of this week. Since I had to restart, it took longer, but it is now almost done, so all is good.
(\__/)
(^_^)
(>o<)
Indoril

Post by Indoril »

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok.

Important Info:
Requires Bloodmoon and Tribunal, and the OoT and EoT.
It is a single interior (TR_3_184_Castle), 8 stories tall with a basement. The 8 stories are 7*7 and the basement is 9*9.
This is an Indoril interior, so when NPCs are placed, there needs to be Indoril guards.
It is also a wealthy interior. The guards need to be numerous. Especially in the Vaults and Library on the Sixth floor.
Attachments
TR_3_184_Taythionis_Castle_Finished.esp
Here we are!
(225.17 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
(\__/)
(^_^)
(>o<)
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Moving to review.
Serric
Reviewer

Post by Serric »

Well, i've tried to split this up into different cells, but my pc is just not good enough. Also, Indoril has PM'd me to say he doesn't have time to do it himself.

So, either pass this to a reviewer with a good pc, or revoke it; I can't do anything with it. Personlly, i'd give it to someone else, as what bits i've managed to see of this looked quite well detailed and thoughtfully laid out. Up to you though Lud...
Approved: 15 In review: 0 Claimed: 0
Reviews Done: ~85
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

I'm going to revoke it.
Hopefully, somebody will be able to work off Indoril's file.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Well, i've tried to split this up into different cells, but my pc is just not good enough. Also, Indoril has PM'd me to say he doesn't have time to do it himself.

So, either pass this to a reviewer with a good pc, or revoke it; I can't do anything with it. Personlly, i'd give it to someone else, as what bits i've managed to see of this looked quite well detailed and thoughtfully laid out. Up to you though Lud...
I'm thinking of finishing this off, but I'm confused as to what still has to be done. I might have skipped something, if that is the case, then sorry, but why do the cells need to be split up? And is there anything else I should do other than that?
Serric
Reviewer

Post by Serric »

This is a massive castle, with 9 floor that are basically 9*9 (do the maths, thats a lot of meshes). The trouble is that Indoril obivously had a very good pc, and so was able to put the whole castle, which is really well detailed, in just ONE cell...if you think how all the manors in beths work is split up into multiple cells, well, this is A LOT bigger than any manor that beths made and its all in a single cell. Thats why it slows down to snail-pace unless you have an equally powerful pc; theres a heck of a lot of detail in this, and so the data is just too much to handle in one go (for my pc at least)

The castle needs spliting up into several cells, probably 5 (one for the basement, and then the others with 2 floors in each). So its basically a job of selecting the floors and all the detail on them one-by-one, then cutting and pasting into seperate cells, and linking. It actually seems finished, its just that that needs doing.

If you wanna split it, just check it over for floaters/bleeders, make sure theres nowt missing etc. Bascially check it for all the obvious things that reviewers get annoyed at because they are so OBVIOUS... :)

Of course, you could start it over, but it seems a shame to waste all the effort Ind put in...
Approved: 15 In review: 0 Claimed: 0
Reviews Done: ~85
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I'll try this out. :D I'll just chek over floaters and bleeder and seperate the cells. I will use Indoril's files as I only want to do something small for now. I think that's all, tell me if I've missed something...
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Uhm.. not granted. I'm sorry but this shouldn't even be available for claiming. Only map2 fillers are up atm. Also this is an 8 story castle, it's hardly small.
I'm about to put up some new filler ints that will be a little more exiting for everyone.
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Move to unavailable
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

Unlocking to make work for our wonderful modders :)
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

So do you still want the new modder to work off the original plans? Cuz I can envision a more sumptuous/luxurious manor house in the Mournhold. Just wondering :) This is what I see:

BTW why are there no windows on the structure?
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

1st floor the first floor would be entrance hall which features the nobility and wealth of noble, a colonnade featuring banners and coats of arms, sitting areas, tapestries, and multi-tiered chandeliers. In the center, a fountain.

2nd floor would be a gallery of sorts, including relics of the history of the city, including armors and architectural pieces collected from Old Mournhold.

3rd floor would be the banquet hall and lords' and lady's parlors, each designed for the separate sexes. The women's parlor would feature paintings and soft lighting. The men's would feature tapestries and full armors. From here one can access the balcony

4th floor would be the guest rooms, with the proper accomodations, ie water basins and sitting areas.

5th floor would be a second entrance hall (entrance into the true manor)

6th floor would be the master suite, which will be constructed from cushions and walls and stairs thus producing a large bed surrounded with flora.

7th floor would be the private sanctum which includes a small vault.

8th floor would be the attic filled with junk such as older furniture and paintings. The things the manor no longer displays.

The eastern structure would be the reception hall.
The western structure would be the two story library.
The northern structure would be the servant quarters.
The south structure would be the stairwell.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Just warning you that this interior is far larger than just about every other interior, (and certainly no interior in Vv, MH or Solsteim is anywhere near this size) so you may not want to start from scratch. If you do, that's fine. But you can't say no one has warned you :)
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

The WIP given has everything done.
The only thing that needs to be done is to split it into many cells, as it's all crammed into one. Finishing that WIP would be a simple copy-paste job, but of course it's up to you.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Why is this interior even available for claiming if that's the case?
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Well I really wanna do it. I've seen the original house. I just don't think it carries the idea of a wealthy noble's house. It's a good house, but I think something more grand would fit in with the idea of a man who owns a gigantic house.
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

Just looked at the interior. I agree with Hemi. This needs much more work.

Also, what is with all the phat loot? Shouldn't most of those uber armor and weapons be used by the NPCs?