i3-184-Ind

Moderator: Lead Developers

Serric
Reviewer

Post by Serric »

@ Mass: I couldn't review this due to it all being in one cell (the lag was stupid, even in the CS) and Indoril didn't have time to split it...best to revoke it and let someone either split it themselves or start over.

I think Hemi should start from scratch, see what he can do. If he finds its too big to handle, we've still got the Indoril's WIP to fall back on if no-one else wants it.
Approved: 15 In review: 0 Claimed: 0
Reviews Done: ~85
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Thanks CC and Serric. That's my idea too. I'll take screens of the old and new floors and then you all can choose which stays and which goes.
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Alright, well since that's the case and you're plan is so 'grand' as you put it; granted and happy modding! Take your time, there's no rush on interiors expecially one of this size and have fun with it.

No NPCs or creatures, don't forget to set the north marker and correctly name the cell.
Recommeded OoT packages:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_Data.bsa (115.5 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_Data.esm (2 MB)
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Ok Here are some screens of the work so far. Several of them were hard to take cuz of all the crap, but I did the best I could.

1st Floor

The great hall is similar to the reception hall. This room shows off Indoril shields and a fountain with Almalexia in it. This is a formal reception hall.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Hemitheon/Taythionis1GreatHall.jpg

When you enter the manor, this is what you get to see. A planter with flowers and such. In the center a statue of Almalexia praying amid ruins of the old city. In the top left corner you can see the Indoril shields and though it isn't apparent, there should be a shattered Imperial sword on the stand (The broken sword is funny though as it is want to vanish from time to time. I dont know why. This is the informal reception area.).
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Hemitheon/Taythionis1ReceptionArea.jpg

This is the library. This is the room that I will hate doing the most as all those books will have to be placed on the shelves properly. I really wanted a two story open library, but that's impossible with the current set. So instead, I worked with the set and produced this. This way, someone on the second floor can see anyone coming in. The book featured there in the niche is Metamorphosis. I needed a book with real value and looked old. Plus it does mention the glory of Resdayn (I didn't know whether it was a unique item or not, but if it is, and you know, please tell me so I can change it out.)
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Hemitheon/Taythionis2Library.jpg

3rd Floor

This is the formal dining room. The throne in the center is not for the master of the house. I assumed that such a noble would have at one time or another or even regularly invited the King of Almalexia to dinner. Behind the throne is a platform for musicians.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Hemitheon/Taythionis3FormalDiningRoom.jpg

Basement

This is the kitchen, adjacent to the servants quarters. The ramps to the right lead up to the third floor only. This way food can be brought up to the banquet hall. You can also see the informal dining area. This is were the children would eat as the servants cooked. I do like how I used a basin to create a sink. You can't see them but there are dishes inside of it.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Hemitheon/Taythionis0Kitchen.jpg

ISSUES: A. what oven/fireplace/hearth is best for MH set
B. I made a cellar for the servant's
quarters/kitchen. The cell is in OM style as I
figured the manor is probably built over an
older house. Is this ok?
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Looks very nice. :D Two hints: When making a bookshelf, I always place one book, position it on the bookshelf, duplicate it and move the duplicate beside it, then duplicate both, etc. until the bookshelf is full of that book, then I make gaps and plan the layout, and then I search and replace the books one by one. They will only need a bit of repositioning. Then I finish off with putting books at an angle or flat on the shelf and placing misc. items, etc. Things go fast when you do it that way. It also works for wineracks.

I suggest that you make the fireplace out of odds and ends. In Objects of Tamriel there is an old thread where someone did just that. You just need the small wall, which you put diagonally across a corner, then you put a miner cave grill in the gap, and just keep working at it until you get it right. I'll put up a link to the topic soon, but the link to the picture might be broken. Good luck. :D

Edit: Oh, it worked this time: [url]http://img267.echo.cx/img267/6852/oven4jo.jpg[/url] :D I might also post another way of doing it, my version as the indoril wall mesh is currently missing, for me. Actually, here's another suggestion: Use a slightly sagging de-rope and put shack hooks all along it. You can hang cutlery or meat, it works quite well with the dried fish. :)

Another Edit: Here's my version:
[url=http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=indorilfireplaceag0.jpg][img]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/445/indorilfireplaceag0.th.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=indorilfireplacedetailmz2.jpg][img]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1968/indorilfireplacedetailmz2.th.jpg[/img][/url]
and the storage place. the hooks I use are inferior to the shack hooks, by the way, I didn't know of the shackhooks at the time.
[url=http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=storagearealu7.jpg][img]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4900/storagearealu7.th.jpg[/img][/url]
Not to highjack your thread, of course, it's just that a picture speaks a thousand words. :D Speaking of which, I placed an Indoril center piece right below the grill. This requires lavablacksquares, but it's the best way I know of. I also use a lavablacksquare by the "chimney".
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Looking nice :] It is very grand :)

I spy a problem though: You have mixed common (co_ and imp_) and dunmer (de_) stuff. This will fail review, and if there is too much that requires fixing they might ask it to be revoked or made from scratch. Trust me, it is a lot of work to replace furniture because ever single item on them must then be reposititioned. Go through now and replace everything with Dunmer stuff (the bar, the wall cupboards, the chandeliers, the rug in the dining room, the throne (which sorry, doesn't make sense), and everyting else). Silverware and Redware won't have to be replaced if you used any, and the rug on the table should also be fine unless you get a picky reviewer.

Also, try not to mix items from different classes (upper, middle, lower), unless there is a good reason to do so.
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

The kitchen could use a size increase. Looking good so far.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Thanks all. Nomadic, I took your advice, and fixed the 3 cells. :) Gnomey, you genius. Never would have thought to do that. Inspired by your ovens, I created an oven that looks alot like a pizza oven.
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

I have to say, this looks exceedingly nice!
I admire your creativity, htere's some very origianl things here. There are a few things I have to note though:
-You use Helseth's banners in the great Hall. They are his personal heraldry, soi they should probably be removed. You also use com tapestries. Why not try using the OoT banners of saints? They fit very nicely in Indoril areas, imo.
-You also use the TR common rugs. These are not a dunmer item.
-This is an awkward one, but the Indoril shields on the wall don't actually belong to House Indoril :/ Awkward, I know, but TR has 5/6 varieties of the House Indoril shields.
-The TR furniture used is an intermediate set between rich and poor, so you might want to use the rich set in the dining hall.
-There's an Indoril-specific urn (two actually) you can use, just in case you didn't know :)

All in all, great work.
Can't wait to see what you come up with for the pocket world! (The claim is now in your name)
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

OK here it is. Technically there are 9 floors. the 8 and the basement: 1st is reception/library. 2nd is gallery. 3rd is banquet hall/parlors. 4th is guest rooms. 5th is chapel. 6th is master bedroom. 7th is private sanctum. 8th is attic.

EDIT: forgot the -1 floor. -1 Slaves/servants quarters and kitchens -2 cellar
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Updates? Sorry to bother... I've just been in a checkifying mood lately... There's a very um... rough... version of this interior merged with Map 3 already... I'm going to clean out the interiors from map 3 and upload an updated version.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Its finished, Haplo. I'm just waiting on a review.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

ah okay then, off to the dungeons!
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

thrig, can you please take a look at this? i started doing review and found quite a few obvious errors in the first cell alone, not to mention stuff that i had no idea what to do with. im also not sure if it fits the ext.

imho its a prety good interior to begin with, but the amount of error makes it too much to fix in review. i sugest revoking and having someone fix all the errors and make the nesecary modifications as part of their claim.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Revoking.

PMed Hemi with the reason.

New claimer can use parts of the original file.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Claiming
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Granting cause Haplo asked me to
Recommeded OoT packages:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_Data.esm (2 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_Data.tar.gz (21.6 MB)
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Removed the OM n' that sort of stuff from the basement.

Removed all the instances of com stuff

Removed all the fireplaces.

Fixed about 250 bleeders/floaters.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Make a new post when you submit something to reviewing, this was lost in a sea of map 4s.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Im sorry, but the first floor doesnt fit the exterior. Currently it's a whopping 15 by 7, while it should be around 9x7. So someone should redo the first floor. The other floors match, so this will be an easy job.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

sending back for this reason.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Submitting to Review, Fixed the bottom floor, it's now 9 cells wide like suggested. Use #2 up top.
Nicholas van Rjin
Developer

Post by Nicholas van Rjin »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes

Loading errors: No

Review:
An "entry" is simply a note I made in my change log as I went. Usually one entry means one fix, but "adjusted multiple bottles in wine racks" would be one entry, even though it entailed multiple fixes. An entry can also be a non-error tweak. Major changes will be listed. Otherwise, the entries mentioned were minor, and often very minor.

Cell: TR_i3-184-ind 0 -- 38 entries
Bunk beds noticeably bled into the wall and the lower pillows were sunk almost completely into the bed.
bk_redorancookingsecrets - Quest item deleted; the two TR cookbooks available in the CS were both imperial, so I replaced it with TR_bk_LoversLament for the cook to read in spare moments.
Chests of gold in the kitchen area seemed out of place, so I replaced those three chests with de_r_chest_01_drink02.

Cell: TR_i3-184-ind 1 -- 40 entries
bk_redorancookingsecrets - Quest item deleted.
bk_Yagrum's_Book deleted (although I left a copy of bk_Artifacts_Tamriel)
Deleted double-row of skill books (all 36 Lessons of Vivec). This level has an entry from the exterior, and there is another full set already behind lock-and-key on level 7. Replaced with six one-shot scrolls that might have some use in a library.

Cell: TR_i3-184-ind 2 -- 9 entries

Cell: TR_i3-184-ind 3 -- 6 entries
bk_redorancookingsecrets - Quest item deleted. Third copy - someone really likes this book.
Major kudos for the arrangement of the scrib pie / cookie trays. Very cool. That was inventive and stylish. Perfect for a rich castle.

Cell: TR_i3-184-ind 4 -- 12 entries
One door bled heavily into closet when open.
Another door bled noticeably into drawers when open.

Cell: TR_i3-184-ind 5 -- 1 entry

Cell: TR_i3-184-ind 6 -- 4 entries

Cell: TR_i3-184-ind 7 -- 10 entries

Cell: TR_i3-184-ind 8 - 5 entries

Comments: Considering the size of this place, there were relatively few fixes, and most of the changes I made were minor. Some of the more obvious errors, though, should have jumped out during a walkthrough. Still, quite good overall. Also, I learned a few tricks by reviewing this - there were several quite inventive uses of statics.

It is clear that someone with an artistic bent filled this interior. This place absolutely screams style and personality. It is sure to be home to a person crucial to the map3 MQ. Too bad, because I would love to kill off all the inhabitants and move in. I actually envy the NPC who gets to live here.

Rating: 9

Notes to final reviewer:
1) Cell: TR_i3-184-ind 1 - I left a copy of bk_Artifacts_Tamriel in the library, although I removed a copy of bk_Yagrum's_Book (I couldn't see this book making it to anyone's library, regardless of wealth).
2) Cell: TR_i3-184-ind 2 - "key inscribed Taythionis" lying in plain view on floor. Presumably this is the key to level 7. Considering the value of everything on level 7 (especially in terms of skill books), this key should be carried by an NPC or be *very* well hidden.
3) Cell: TR_i3-184-ind 6 - the lanterns have to float in the CS in order to be at the correct height in-game.
4) Cell: TR_i3-184-ind 7 - Note that there is a full set of the 36 Lessons of Vivec on this level. That's a crap-load of skill books.
5) Cell: TR_i3-184-ind 8 - furn_de_p_chair_01 is a deliberate heavy bleeder. You'll understand when you see it.
Attachments
TR_i3-184-Ind_swa.esp
(164.42 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
I could get soooo much more work done if I didn't have an adorable, and very demanding, cat. Play with me, pet me, hold me for at least 10 minutes. Okay, that's enough. I'm leaving. Three minutes later... I'm baaaaaack.
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

How many skill books were present? Upper limit should be something around 11, and that's only if they are in a library of approximately the size of the secret library in vivec. Also be on the look out for complete sets of The Poison Song series (and no complete skill book series should appear anywhere).

-Starcrunch
Nicholas van Rjin
Developer

Post by Nicholas van Rjin »

I'm at work, but I can check in the morning when I get home. Removing the set of 36 still left a few skill-improving books scattered throughout the library.
I could get soooo much more work done if I didn't have an adorable, and very demanding, cat. Play with me, pet me, hold me for at least 10 minutes. Okay, that's enough. I'm leaving. Three minutes later... I'm baaaaaack.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Haplo should have noticed this while he fixed this int. I am sending it back because I AM TIRED OF FINDING FULL SETS OF BOOKS IN INTS!
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hot damn I totally forgot to upload that interior
Attachments
TR_i3-184-Ind.esp
(155.88 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Submitting to final review for myself to do
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

sending back for the following reasons:
mixes _com and _de
STILL HAS ALL THE FUCKING SERMONS OF VIVEC! OMFG! HAPLO! I AM GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU!
cell 3 has a nice 3 tier serving tray, however all items are take-able.
cell 7 is smaller than cell 8 (unless there is a reason for this
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I admit - I totally missed floor 7... It wasn't with the other floors in the CS, that's fixed now, no more 100 million lessons of Vivec.
Attachments
TR_i3-184-Ind.esp
(150.66 KiB) Downloaded 83 times

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Cell 7 is smaller than cell 8 (which is above it) there is no reason for this. Fix this! (like I said already)

SENT BACK
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Submitting to review
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

God fucking damn, I never thought I would be able to say this for this one but...

APPROVING! USE TOP FILE FOR MERGING!
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Revoking for repurposing.