i3-280-Imp

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

Well, there is a picture in my post, and not an invisible one too :) . Removed it.

EDIT: Nope, didn't remove it - Why beat me to it.

EDIT EDIT: The best ninja won :)

Sure it will be fitting. I am even beginning to wonder if Beth's modders would've made it past the showcase in TR. Checking that would be interesting...
Last edited by adamantum on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I fixed it. Move along.

edit: ninja'd by adamantum, oh well.
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

Just a quick question regarding matching the exterior. Which shell should I use, A or B? I guess A is a bit more accurate, but B is more frequently used. And should I expand shell B one cell in the direction of the arrow?

[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/9zrq68.png[/img]
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I personally would definitely go for B and expand it one row to the south.
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

Yes, that was my first choice too. However, both B and A are MUCH larger than the exterior. B (expanded to the south) would be double its size, which would also cause problems with windows (window would take the whole wall on the outside, but one third of the wall on the inside). I guess A would fit more accurately (it'd be larger than the exterior too, but not nearly that much). So I'm now more leaning towards A. What's the official TR view on this? :)
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

It needs to be larger than that tiny shell, so do as Why says.
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

The problem is that the exterior meshes are not really realistic...On vvardenfell they did the same thing, sometimes doubled the interior size...
--Mwgek--
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Yes, shape is the biggest thing. If the shape is wrong then we have a problem and not every building needs to be huge, but this one needs to be large.
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

It took some time to make that tower-shaped part on the top floor, but I've finished the wall statics. And it definitely IS going to be pretty large. Uploaded.
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

Ground floor finished, basement and top floor remaining. There is a lobby-ish room, and a dining/lounge room, books, candles, ingredients and other magey stuff. I've put the guild guide teleportation area in one of its corners. We are supposed to have guild guides on the mainland too, right?
Uploading and moving on to the basement.

EDIT: I've also noticed a rather strange problem with TR_In_C_plain_beam0. They seem to like to disappear if I try to move or rotate them too fast right after I place them. They also seem to like moving to 0,0,0 coordinates when I reload my mod file. Their position, however, remains correct (as far as the numbers are concerned). Don't know if it would be a problem in-game, I haven't yet playtested this...
Last edited by adamantum on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

adamantum wrote:We are supposed to have guild guides on the mainland too, right?
Yes, awesome.
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Yes the beams do funky stuff.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

If I recall correctly the 0,0,0 position thing will show up in the editor only, they'll be at their proper coordinates in-game.
Osidian
Reviewer

Post by Osidian »

Yes, those beams are annoying. From my experience they move to 0,0,0 when I'm rotating items (the beams themselves or other objects). Usually I just save and reload the file and they return to their place, so don't worry too much about them. But it would be nice to know why that happens.
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

Finished the basement, top floor remaining. Three rooms for mages, an enchanter, an alchemist, and a scholar of dwemmer stuff.

I was thinking, since I had lots of fun designing those NPC's backgrounds, I'd like to use this claim as an interior shell for my quests showcase. That way, the work I do there won't go to waste, and might actually be used. I already have two or three quests in mind :).
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Sounds exciting! Be sure to post those ideas in your showcase thread!
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

99% finished, just to playtest and polish it. Expect the final upload soon.
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

Finished. These are the background stories I had in mind for the mages in the guild (at least my recommendations:(
Top floor
- The highest ranking mage in this guild has that nice room in the tower. He is fascinated by the Telvanni, their building style, their architecture, and is even trying to grow a some of those crystals and mushrooms on his own.
- A reclusive mage that is into some shady stuff, like daedra worship or necromancy or something. The attic-like area (the one with the bedroll) is his hideout, he/she should probably be placed somewhere near that.
Ground floor
Noting specific. Porter, guild guide and perhaps some other mages hanging out.
Basement
- A slightly paranoid scholar of dwemmer things and history. Preferably not in his room, but hanging out on the ground floor.
- An alchemist and maybe his wife that is interested in experimenting with moon sugar (as an ingredient, not as a narcotic - or at least that's what he says). Most likely argonian/khajiit.
- An enchanter that studies daedra-cursed items, and is trying to replicate them.

As I said, I'll use this cell for my questing showcase, so I'll most likely use some of the backgrounds I listed here for it.
Tyrant
Developer

M

Post by Tyrant »

Congrats on finishing! One thing tho, I'm certainly no lore expert, but wouldnt a MG leader having a fascination with the Telv. Be a pretty big no-no? Being that they are rivals?
Mourn for us oppressed in fear
Chained and shackled, we are bound
Freedom choked in dread we live
Since Tyrant was enthroned
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

I guess 'fascinated' is a too big word. Interested would be more fitting, interested in a know-and-respect-your-enemy way. Maybe even giving quests to examine telvanni structures to learn their weaknesses. That's what I had in mind :)
Bero
Reviewer

Post by Bero »

I love the top floor. Shouldn't the guild be more rich?
Completed Morrowind Interiors: 47
The trice sealed house withstands the storm.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

The top floor is very creative indeed, and the rest looks good too. I think the rm in the ground floor and basement is fine.

One thing to note though: if you're giving NPCs specialized fields of research, try to steer away from the traditional Daedra/Dwemer/Necromancy stuff, we already have quite a lot of that. There are way more subjects mages can devote their research to, like the transmutation of apples to oranges through alteration, the application of mysticism to set up a communication relay or the safe storage of concentrated thermal energy in jars.
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

He could always be an engineer-mage trying to reproduce those neon lights, but I guess a scholar of dwemmer things would fit in much more :). The top-floor mage with the bedroll could be into whatever the NPC/quest maker sees fitting, as long as it is shady enough to require a hideout...
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

I just has a look at this for the first time, I must say it looks really good! Great job!
Mourn for us oppressed in fear
Chained and shackled, we are bound
Freedom choked in dread we live
Since Tyrant was enthroned
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Submitting to Review
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Basement:

in_c_door_arched (x3) needed to be readjusted to fit properly
TR_i3-280_a_ProvocativeHelm needed to be rotated a little bit
BookSkill_Conjuration2 bled slightly into bk_BookOfDaedra

Ground Floor:
furn_com_rm_table_04 (x2) bled very badly into the floor
misc_com_plate_02 (x4) were floating and not rotated properly
chest_small_01_ingredie bled a bit

Top Floor:
chest_small_01_ingredie bled into furn_com_r_table_01
bk_WatersOfOblivion bled into TR_bk_InsightTranquility

There was a bit more for each floor, but honestly, I don't really care to list them; they've all been fixed.

Comments Overall, another very nice interior, the layout was really nice and you're definitely creative.

One thing to keep in mind though, careful how you use rugs. It's great for decorations, but if you're going to put objects on them, such as chairs or tables or something, make sure that whatever the object is, it's either fully on the table, or fully off of it, otherwise it bleeds into the rug and doesn't look even. (Morrowind has very firm rugs.)
Because of this, I rescaled almost all the rugs in this interior to make sure that all objects were either entirely on or entirely off it. Also keep in mind that when you place an object on a rug, it's not supposed to bleed, one simple 'f' is all it takes.

On a final note; mages eat some really interesting foods, don't they? I see some cooked hound meat and crab on the table, and some scuttle, but frost salts and green lichen? And....comberry? I'll never understand mages, I swear.

Anyways, yeah good job with this interior :)

Rating 7.5/10
Attachments
TR_i3-280-Imp_adamantum_5.esp
(89.76 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Approving, nice work.