i3-290-Ind

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

i3-290-Ind

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-290-Ind (#811)
Faction: Indoril
Parent claim: TR_3-40-Ind (#983)
Claimed by: sirrah
Files: TR_i3-290-Ind_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp; TR_i3-290-Ind_poiu_1.esp; TR_i3-290-Ind_sirrah_1.esp; TR_i3-290-Ind_sirrah_2.esp; TR_i3-290-Ind_sirrah_3.esp; TR_i3-290-Ind_sirrah_4.esp; TR_i3-290-Ind_sirrah_5.esp

---

Almas Thirr Canalworks: Public Tomb
Download i3-58 to see the "exterior"
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Unlocking
poiu
Developer

Post by poiu »

claiming, well maintained tomb.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Make it fit, make it shine, then it will pass review fine.
poiu
Developer

Post by poiu »

finished
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

*unpoetic grunt of submission*
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review:
couple floaters
taps had to be moved further into wall
replaced Tribunal shrine with Veloth shrine
did not fit exterior, so I switched the position of 2 pieces.
Comments
Purdy
Rating
8.5/10
Attachments
TR_i3-290-Ind_poiu_1.esp
(9.14 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

是認する
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Revoking for repurposing. Kind of. Basically, we want to make Almas Thirr's Public Tomb larger. Claimant should follow this description:

Public Tomb â€â€￾ A medium-sized public tomb where the poor Dunmer of Almas Thirr once entombed their dead. Connects to the Almas Thirr Canalworks. Try not to extend it too far downwards, so as not to overlap with the Underworks. Feel free to use Thrignar Fraxix's file as base.

http://i.imgur.com/SUzJIq1.png
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

Should the entrance / exit to the city be an open grate here with a false exterior? It'd be a nice touch to be able to peer outside into the exterior. Making this an exterior cell and pasting in the surrounding buildings could make this possible and make the things appear more seamless.
my opinion.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

The entrance to the exterior would be a doorway, not a grate. The locals would regularly go through it to worship and be taught at the temple, to pay respects at the tomb, etc. I do like your idea, but I don't think it can be used in Almas Thirr.

Also, just to avoid confusion for potential claimants, this claim does not directly communicate with the exterior; the [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=328882]canalworks claim[/url] does. This is the claim for the public tomb located in the canalworks.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

What Gnomey said. Also, I'd encourage the future claimant to try to make the tomb feel more "urban" and accessible than the typical wilderness ancestral tomb. Feel free to get creative within a reasonable limit.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

I'd like to claim this. I'll probably turn the existing area into a "lobby" and preserve the individual elements (mainly, the tomb 'windows') in separate rooms. I'll build it out lengthwise like the ancestral vaults in Vivec.

Regarding the shrine activator, is it really justified? Since the temple's right next-door, I think I might remove it.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Granting. The shrine is indeed superfluous; TR does have banner versions of the saint images you could make use of, however. (TR_furn_banner_#) Please make sure that your interior fits the exterior; that can be rather difficult with multi-interior claims like cantons. Aside from that concern, your plan sounds good.
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

Not much to report, I'm still playing around with layouts at this stage, but I wanted some input on how I'm doing for size. For convenience sake, here's some shots from the CS: [url]http://imgur.com/a/Yqt2n[/url]
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Hm. Yeti might be better able to judge the dimensions of the interior, but I think it needs to be narrower. The tomb has the northern edge of the canton to itself, but there doesn't appear to be much space between the canalworks and the canton wall, so it's only a very narrow strip.

If you need more space, you could wrap the tomb around the canalworks on the left side. There's also space for you to extend outwards -- especially straight north from the doorway -- below the town and the yet-to-be-added docks; the rooms just have to be sunk one level.

As far as the overall size of the interior is concerned, I personally think your image is within acceptable limits, but shouldn't be made any larger.

I'd personally put more emphasis on ashpits, rather than urns on altars, as the former seem to be more communal in nature. (See for instance the ashpits below vanilla temples). I really like your triangular room.
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

Thanks, Gnomey. I thought I might be pushing it a bit. Working on shifting focus to ash-pits presently, I hadn't considered the temple basements.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Gnomey's pointers are sound.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

Alright, I'm re-uploading this now that I've modified the layout. Sorry for the rather content-light update, but I wanted to make sure I was within relative physical/thematic bounds before progressing any further.

I've dropped the ashpit from the entry room and moved it to a dedicated room of its own, replaced the double-storied area with a room for smaller ashpits, and generally stripped back the urns/altars. The exception to that is a (no longer in use) undercroft that stores ash-urns beneath the primary ash-pit. The entrance now has some flowers for leaving at the shrines (maybe this is too lush for a tomb, though, albeit a maintained one), and a small chapel-ish area for funerary services (but since the locals are no longer interring their dead here, maybe any ancestor-communion rites would take place in the temple proper).

If any one has the time, some feedback would be great.

edit: I take it those Indoril bone-meal culdems aren't meant for tomb placement. I was wondering if it might be a good way to show the motion of displaced (disgraced?) Indoril families along with the poor Velothi majority during the Hlaalu expansion to the Western Thirr, but I see they're not presently used anywhere.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Please remove the link to master file TR_Mainland.esm.

Our interior files should only link to TR_Data (plus Morrowind, Bloodmoon and Tribunal).

I'll review more later.
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

Sorry about that, I've fixed it and re-uploaded.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

I let progress reporting lapse during the summer.
Just checking that you're still planning on finishing this.
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

Definitely still working on this, I've just hit a bit of a hump getting it polished up for submission; uploaded my current file for safe-keeping.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Any progress to report?
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Revoking due to modder inactivity.
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

Reclaiming this to finally get it over the finish line; sorry for letting it lapse, real life got in the way. I'll upload a new .esp this weekend.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Granting!
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

Alrighty, I'm going to call this done. I've added a few elements from adamantum's really nice temple claim to try and tie the two a bit.

The key to the undercroft could probably be on a priest, or in the temple, rather than in the tomb itself.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Off to review, then!
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Approved on the new claims browser.