Send me your books!

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Inferno_str1ke

Send me your books!

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

This is posted in connection with the hall of Heroes and Patrons.

Basically many ideas have been thrown around and as a consequence nothing has ever gotten done. Now whatever they eventually decided to do (current leaning is towards and island with a shrine) this idea is going to be implemented. It will be a single room, a library if you will, containing books. Each of these books will contain the name of a modder, a list of what they have done, and any comments they want to make. Now it would be a huge undertaking for the team to create the books themselves, so we are asking each of you to submit your book (in .esp form) to me, and I will merge them together and stick each one in the library. Now, the books MUST be named like this

Name: TR_H&P_(moddername)
In game name: (moddername)

The moddername in the Name section must be continuous - no breaks, underscores or anything.
The moddername in the In game name section can be the real name.

So make your book, organise it as follows:

Your name
Any position you hold (listed on the forums)
Any joke position you hold

Your claims

Your other contributions

Anything else you want to say

And then name the book, give it a model and everything so I can just stick it in the game, and then send the .esp to me through the pm system. Name the esp:

TR_Book_moddername.esp

And send it to me. Once I have a few I shall start adding them to the room and we shall keep updating the .esp for people to look at. Feel free to (for the moment) include sneaky links to this room in your claims, though all but the cleverest will be removed when maps are finalised (I shall try and intervene to let one stay if I particularly like it). Enjoy! And send!
M1ke
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

Isn't it a bit premature to be doing this? I may well do at least one other exterior before MW is done, and I sure as heck am going to be doing a lot of interiors.

But one question... if we really want, can we (namely I) make a script on the book that teleports the person to a secret room thing? I suppose it might be unfair to have some people have more grandiose things than others, but I'd be perfectly willing to do the smae for anybody else.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

No, you just put:

Exterior
Interior
Scripts

or whatever.

If you start doing something else, yuo can send IS a revised copy, including your new job.

As for the room, we decided against that during the early days of this plugin. It was decided that it was too much to do, and too much for the player anyway, and it would make the mod too big.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

Yes, just send me the book - its not really much of a job for each modder, and when youve done a significant amount more, you can resend, and as itll have the same name, itll just overwrite directly.

So all send em, so I can get the place made nicely. Just follow all the formating directions in my first post and you cant go wrong. Will take 10 mins and is your imortal prescence in TR!
M1ke
sxotty
Developer

Post by sxotty »

Inferno, I will do mine, but I will finish my claim first.

I appreciate you doing this.
cells completed: 39
claims 6-20;6-19
Earl
Developer Emeritus

Post by Earl »

Out of curiosity, how is the room set up?

Is it a long, narrow hall with bookshelves dominating the walls on either side? Something like the secret library in Vivec? Or a kind of reading room, with tables here and there and books stacked on them? It doesn't really make a difference, it's just kind of neat to picture.

The first could be kind of monolithic and impersonal, with row after row. People would see it and be humbled by the number of people who've contributed.

The last would strike me as kind of sad. Each book a mention of someone, and stacks of them everywhere... but no one in the room.
I have kleptomania, but when it gets really bad, I take something for it.
Savant

Post by Savant »

Maybe you could make the Administrators into NPCs there. Make them the "curators" of the hall of modders, if you will. Anyway, it would at least be something to make it a little less "sad" as Earl says.