Upsilon's concept art

Place where art is developed for our game.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Upsilon
Developer

Upsilon's concept art

Post by Upsilon »

Here I post a picture of a sword I made. I believe the concept of it is original, even if it's not detailled enough. I might work on it a bit more if you guys like it...

UPS
Attachments
TRSword1.jpg
(45.16 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
TRSword2.jpg
(78.29 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
Last edited by Upsilon on Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Wow. That's pretty good. What program are you using? The textures aren't quite Morrowind style, but the mesh is awesome. I'm not sure about the big circular handguard though. Maybe make it half it's current size?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Upsilon
Developer

Post by Upsilon »

Thanks, well I'm using Cinema 4D 9. I had in mind to make a concept sword and I'm not sure about the textures either. In fact, I didn't had an idea of what I was going to use as textures, so I took very simple ones. I'd like to thank you for the comment too, because it helps me improve the model...

If you have ideas of more morrowind style textures, tell me!

UPS
Upsilon
Developer

Post by Upsilon »

Ok, now I tried something and I ask your opinion. I made a musical theme using FL Studio 5 with Sytrus. I believe it would be applicable in mysterious caves and things like that. The file included is a preview of what I could do with that theme. Please be honnest, if you find it sucks, say it.

UPS
Attachments
BlackDwarf.mp3
Preview of the BlackDwarf Theme.
(2.66 MiB) Downloaded 346 times
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Wow. That's excellent. :-) Nice and mysterious. You've got some great talent.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Vyvara Araneae
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vyvara Araneae »

The design of the sword is deliciously unique indeed. Upon viewing the image, I immediately associated this weapon with the aspect of balance. I believe reducing the size of the handguard would serve to further enhance this.

Your musical piece effectively captures the mood of eerieness associated with dark, dangerous settings. However, I feel that something is missing from the piece that I cannot quite identify.

Thank you for sharing your work thus far. I look forward to seeing and/or hearing more. :)
[url=http://thebluequeen.bravehost.com][img]http://a146.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/55/l_4424b83f00b96927698e547d14390aa9.jpg[/img][/url]

"I don't know if I should be honored to be the first one created, or angry that I'm a puddle of ejaculate." -Dexter (02.05.06)
Amrod
Developer Emeritus

Post by Amrod »

I think the music is missing a climax (is that the rigth word?). It's a bit the same all over, maybe add some more instruments as the song progresses and even get to a climax or something. I'm not sure what would be fitting here, but it is indeed missing something.
Upsilon
Developer

Post by Upsilon »

I agree.

You see, FLStudio is a software to make electronic music like trances, and it's not easy to make realistic sounds like I would need for Morrowind music...

UPS
Upsilon
Developer

The Axe of the Sun

Post by Upsilon »

I did a model of an axe. I called it The Axe of the Sun since the shape of it made me think about the sun, or a star... Just think about how it must feel being hit by that!

UPS
Attachments
The Axe of the Sun3.jpg
(46.75 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
The Axe of the Sun2.jpg
(52.95 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
The Axe of the Sun1.jpg
(57.06 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Last edited by Upsilon on Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Upsilon
Developer

Post by Upsilon »

I'm quite productive today, here is another theme. I called it Atlan Theme. I used again FLStudio 5, Sytrus and Fruity DX10. Can you give me honnest comments on that one too? Thanks!

ATTACHEMENT DELETED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASON : IT SUCKED

UPS
Last edited by Upsilon on Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arthmodeus
Developer

Post by Arthmodeus »

Love your models! The Axe of the Sun looks especially unique. :)
The_Warder
Developer

Post by The_Warder »

how long have you been a member. this is awsome.
"quiet Professionals"= "walk softly but carries a big stick"
http://www.elysiun.com/forum/
suk it up you be ight!!
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

If those swords are already modelled, it hopefully wouldn't be too much trouble to get them into 3ds max, resize/reorient them and export them as .nifs...

Can Cinema export models as .obj files? Vernon and I had the best luck with that format when we were trying to convert a model I made from blender3d to max.

Anyway, the weapons are looking good, still working on downloading the music.
Upsilon
Developer

Post by Upsilon »

Here's another weapon for you guy! I made a blunt weapon this time. Rendered with radiosity(yes, because I love radiosity), it looks more white than it actually is...

UPS
Attachments
TRBlunt2.jpg
(40.48 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
TRBlunt.jpg
(44.4 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
Last edited by Upsilon on Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arthmodeus
Developer

Post by Arthmodeus »

That would be perfect for the Ordinators of Necrom.
Upsilon
Developer

Post by Upsilon »

If those swords are already modelled, it hopefully wouldn't be too much trouble to get them into 3ds max, resize/reorient them and export them as .nifs...

Can Cinema export models as .obj files? Vernon and I had the best luck with that format when we were trying to convert a model I made from blender3d to max.
Yes, Cinema 4D can export in obj,max,3ds and a couple of more filetype that I don't know...

If you need those models, tell me...

UPS
Last edited by Upsilon on Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Warder
Developer

Post by The_Warder »

the blunt weapons need to be darkend a little
"quiet Professionals"= "walk softly but carries a big stick"
http://www.elysiun.com/forum/
suk it up you be ight!!
Upsilon
Developer

Post by Upsilon »

This time I modeled a spear. It makes me think about a Deadric spear... Or something...

[img]http://img124.echo.cx/img124/9633/trspear17br.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img124.echo.cx/img124/7233/trspear26qd.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img124.echo.cx/img124/4340/trspear32us.jpg[/img]

UPS
Last edited by Upsilon on Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abramul

Post by Abramul »

Daedric Pitchfork!
Tamriel is an impossible place, built on impossible precepts. It's, frankly, a magic ball of sentient schizophrenia. --MK
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

Daedric fishknife!
welp
Cjad the Nord

Post by Cjad the Nord »

Daedric Pirate hook!

I'm wondering. Did you compose all of your music through the computer only? Or did you utilize an external peripheral, like a Keyboard? Because the only thing I have is a really, REALLY crappy keyboard, but I believe my playing ability is good enough to do some ambient pieces, though I require a better keyboard (or a program that doesn't require anything, which is why I'm hoping you did this all via program).
Pwn: "The term has become so ubiquitous in Internet circles that it is often used outside of gaming contexts; for example, "he just got pwned in that debate" or "the hunters pwned that bear."
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Daedric tuning fork!

*imagines an orc going up to a daedric shrine, whacking it and healring the resonance*

"Yup this one is in tune"

Cmon! Daedra have way too much time on their hands! Of course hitting daedric shrines would play the Empire's Theme Tune from Star Wars!

Pm me for the guitar tab.
Upsilon
Developer

Post by Upsilon »

I'm wondering. Did you compose all of your music through the computer only? Or did you utilize an external peripheral, like a Keyboard? Because the only thing I have is a really, REALLY crappy keyboard, but I believe my playing ability is good enough to do some ambient pieces, though I require a better keyboard (or a program that doesn't require anything, which is why I'm hoping you did this all via program).
The program I use, Fruity Loops Studio 5, has an function which allow to use your conventional keyboard as a musical keyboard. Of course, a good musical keyboard is way better but, we do what we can with what we have, right? Unfortunatly, I don't know if another program has this function... FLStudio needs no extern devices, so you just have need a PC. I recommand though a good audio card, since you might get noise pollution if you don't...

The problem with FLStudio is that it wasn't designed to make realisitic music, it is meant to do electronic music like techno. Since it's the only program I have, I sometimes do musical themes with it and even sometimes special effects. It's not ideal, but it does the job... (if you want an example, just take a look at the attached wraith sound)

Just go on [url]http://www.e-officedirect.com/FLStudio/English/frames.html[/url]
if you want information on FLS.

UPS
Attachments
WraithFX1_mp3_v2.mp3
(203.13 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
Last edited by Upsilon on Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arthmodeus
Developer

Post by Arthmodeus »

This time I modeled a spear. It makes me think about a Deadric spear... Or something...
The Fork of Horripallation that never was...
Upsilon
Developer

Post by Upsilon »

Lol, ok, ok!

It's a spear! A big spear! Not a Fork of Horripallation, not a Daedric tuning fork and certainly not a Daedric fishknife! A Spear! A huge deadric spear!

UPS
Last edited by Upsilon on Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Upsilon wrote:Lol, ok, ok!

It's a spear! A big spear! Not a Fork of Horripallation, not a Daedric tuning fork and certainly not a Daedric fishknife! A Spear! A huge deadric spear!
Sure it is.

*runs off with a big hammer and plays the Empire's Theme Song on the Rocks at Bal Ur*

I think its not a very daedric spear, but might look bettter with Dres...sorta an adaptation of farming equipment. Would be good for crowd control when used by guards, because its long, intimidating and you would be able to catch and arm in there if they tried to attack you.
Upsilon
Developer

Post by Upsilon »

Ok, ok, let's forget the deadric spear...

UPS
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

No, its a good weapon.

Now that I think about it, its not too far from the Daedric letter V, which is used to represent Vivec. If you managed to put something in the middle it could be an O, which could represent Oblivion.
wishmaster

Post by wishmaster »

Yo know, this one from OBLIVION:

http://www.oblivionportal.com/media/wimages/ivo_800.jpg

maybe the "n" as a spear head??

or maybe not?
DarkEclipse

Post by DarkEclipse »

I like that spear. The music ain't bad either. Nice job!
The guar man
Developer

Post by The guar man »

thats a wicked ass spear keep it up 8)
Upsilon
Developer

Post by Upsilon »

Ok, I believe I just did something quite wicked. It has nothing to do with Tamriel ambience, but I did a new track on FLStudio. I dunno how I came to this kind of music, but it seems to be some kind of bass & drum ,IDM, or something like that. Listen it and give me your honnest impressions on it... Remember it just a try and I was just fooling around when I "composed" it...

As for the weapon concepts, some will come in soon I guess. In fact, they'll come in as soon as I have an idea, I'm a little bit short on these at the moment. Perhaps you guys could give me some ideas to help me out, but please, no "Deadric pitchfork"!

ATTACHEMENT DELETED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASON : IT SUCKED

UPS
DarkEclipse

Post by DarkEclipse »

Perhaps an ax, or halberd or... a saber?
Abramul

Post by Abramul »

Daedric Knuckles!
Tamriel is an impossible place, built on impossible precepts. It's, frankly, a magic ball of sentient schizophrenia. --MK
Silverwood
Developer

Post by Silverwood »

You used fruity loops to make it, i use it too, but im only 13, so im a little n00by
Silverwood
Developer

ur pretty good

Post by Silverwood »

The song, what did u use as the organ, i cant find the paino things or nething. Fruity loops has way too much on it.
Upsilon
Developer

Post by Upsilon »

I used sound generators like Sytrus or FLKeys. There's a list of what most of the generators do (in FLS5)

- Wasp -> Wasp is a 3-oscillator synth with 2 LFO's and 2 ADSR envelopes, a ring modulator, FM, PWM and a distortion unit. In english it means you can do many electronic sounds with it, but you cannot make realistic sounds, since it's a synth.

- Sytrus -> Sytrus is similar to Wasp, except it has more funtions... It's more versatile and I like it a lot...

- DeepMap -> Deepmap is really fun. You can load a picture and it makes a sound out of it... Sometimes it's really weird.

- FLKeys -> FL Keys is a realistic piano simulator with optimized CPU and memory usage. Works very well...

->FLSlayer -> FL Slayer is a realistic electric guitar simulation. Very realistic...

-FPC -> FPC (FL Pad Controller) is a software plugin similar to the hardware Akai MPC unit, coded & optimized for the FL Studio platform. It can simulate a drum set very very well...

There are many more but I don't use them that much. Sytrus, FLKeys, FLSlayer and FPC are only available in the lastest versions of FLS...

To use them, go in the left pannel, the one that contain your projects, and click on Plugin Preset->Generators->Wasp(for example...)->PadPower1.

Drag and drop the PadPower1 into the step sequencer (the windows that opens when you open FLS). You'll then have a Wasp generator loaded as an instrument. You then can open the piano roll and make a nice little preset with it...

The thing you drag and droped was a preset of a generator. It's pre-configured settings within the generator to make a sound. If you know music a lot, you can make your own sounds but you need to know the meaning of FM and what OSCs, LFOs do, and it's very complicated...

Note: To open the generator settings once the generator is loaded, click on the instrument button that belongs to the generator in the step sequencer.

I hope this will help you...

UPS
Last edited by Upsilon on Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Upsilon
Developer

Post by Upsilon »

I made a new blade. I'm pretty proud of the skull!
Give me honnest comments once more please.

[url=http://www.imageshack.us][img]http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/1395/blade24qy.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.imageshack.us][img]http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/2803/blade11ey.jpg[/img][/url]

UPS
Last edited by Upsilon on Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Rather gorgeous. Would make a fantastic one-off weapon i think.
DarkEclipse

Post by DarkEclipse »

I am almost speachless... No such luck though. :D

Wow, that's really good! It's almost proffesional!