Tribunal & Bloodmoon required?

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

How many of you guys have Tribunal and/or Bloodmoon?

Tribunal
No votes
Bloodmoon
No votes
Both!
100%

Total votes: 40

v2k

Tribunal & Bloodmoon required?

Post by v2k »

I've been looking around this site for a long time before deciding to join, but here I am :)

Two questions:

1) Are Tribunal and/or Bloodmoon required for the TR members?

2) What can a npc-creating book-writing interior-designer do for this project?
viKING
Developer

Post by viKING »

1.you will only need them if you wan't to play the mod, and for some modding.

2. You can do what you can do :)
-the real OC G
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

Tribunal and Bloodmoon are required for some parts of the mod. For example, Almalexia, which consists of the same interiors that Tribunal uses. However, there are some parts you could do with only the original game. You'll find most plugins require both expansions packs though, so I would recommend you to buy them somewhere. They're not expensive anymore, and you should be able to get them for a nice prize somewhere. If you like Morrowind (which I assume if you're interested in TR), the expansions are a must.

You can create NPCs when they're available, write books and create interiors.
v2k

Post by v2k »

Yes.. I've seen the GoTY edition (I understand includes both expansions?) at Plaza Romania a week ago. I have to go get it. :wink:
Abramul

Post by Abramul »

Missing option: Neither.

If someone only has Trib, PM me. I have a spare copy of BM that I don't need (I bought the GOTY after getting it).

EDIT: I refuse to give someone BM if they don't have Trib, because they'd still have to buy Trib.
Last edited by Abramul on Tue May 31, 2005 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tamriel is an impossible place, built on impossible precepts. It's, frankly, a magic ball of sentient schizophrenia. --MK
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

I can imagine you would have some issues in Almalexia when you try and get to the Mournhold part, and Solstheim just looks good on the map.
'What if man is not really a scoundrel - man in general, I mean, the whole race of mankind - then all the rest is prejudice, simply artificial terrors and there are no barriers and it's all as it should be.'
Kasan Moor
Developer

Post by Kasan Moor »

Abramul wrote:Missing option: Neither.

If someone only has Trib, PM me. I have a spare copy of BM that I don't need (I bought the GOTY after getting it).
Why do you need Tribunal if you have the GotY version? :?
"Bling shizzle, here's a revizzle . . .oh god, I'm so white. . . "
-Jacurutu

"and since Armor of Tamriel has been delayed longer than Half Life 2, I have no idea if it exists or not." -Dexter
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Vegor wrote:Tribunal and Bloodmoon are required for some parts of the mod. For example, Almalexia, which consists of the same interiors that Tribunal uses. However, there are some parts you could do with only the original game...
Ehm. I am certain that every single map we produce will have both Tribunal and Bloodmoon as a master file. Whether they use things from the games or not.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

To make an interior you don't need the Map necessarily. You can always ask someone to make screenshots of the interior. And if it's a Hlaalu/Redoran/Telvanni exterior you can just remove the dependancies on the expansion packs and look at the map. You will get errors for some missing meshes and such perhaps, but you can look at them.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Oh, I thought you meant play.

Actually, Map 4 is the only map I do not know (and do not think) uses anything from either expansion. Even Map 1 has an interior using Old Mournhold stuff and Map 5 has snow on top of the highest mountains.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Well my BM and TR won't install, every time I try they pop up with a message saying that I don't have Morrowind installed. Does anyone know a solution to that, because my Morrowind is installed and I really need both expansions.
v2k

Post by v2k »

Finally... I bought both addons
!ME HUG GUAR!
bas
Developer

Post by bas »

jamin... buy the real versions... not a copie..
If it bleeds, it can be killed..
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Jamin wrote:Well my BM and TR won't install, every time I try they pop up with a message saying that I don't have Morrowind installed. Does anyone know a solution to that, because my Morrowind is installed and I really need both expansions.
Sounds like a registry problem. Windoze doesn't have it recorded as being installed. Try reinstalling Morrowind.
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Matt has it right. Uninstall Morrowind and restart your computer. Then re-install the whole thing. The registry should now be updated properly. Seems that XP is especially balky in this regard.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

If I uninstall it and reinstall it will all my plugins be uninstalled as well?
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

No.
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates