Argonian armour ( aztec)

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Knightsoftamriel

Argonian armour ( aztec)

Post by Knightsoftamriel »

What about having the argoninans armors, to be something aztecian like. I mean, that they could have shields made of some kind of shell, and have primitive iron,bronze,gold like armor plates with feathers and animal teeth atached to them. Also, if they had shamans, they would perhaps have a gold helmet like the shape of a birds head, perhaps a swamp bird.

Goood concepts arthmodeus, that's what I meant
Last edited by Knightsoftamriel on Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Im in the process of drawing some to go with the hist cuirass which has been already made. Its made of vines and wood strengthened with resins.

However this could be the 'chitin' and then a more extravagant one involving argonian silver and shels could be the 'bonemould'
Arthmodeus
Developer

Post by Arthmodeus »

http://img180.echo.cx/my.php?image=argoequip9kb.png

I did some concepts of various Argonian Equipment. I think the Hist helm should look something like the helmet in this picture.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Arth I like your concepts, especially the atlatl you have there. However, It seems too short for me. Unless that spear there is 15-20 feet long.

An atlatl was a long thin block of wood that had a handle at one end, and two niches carved into it in the other(with the top of the long block shallowed out a bit as if to hold a spear).
The ideal length of an atlatl for a warrior would be a couple inches short than his arm. He would then place the spear, a foot longer than the atlatl, maximum, on the atlatl, with the butt of the spear resting on the first niche.
Then he'd grab the handle, hold his arm out like throwing a javelin in an olympic toss, and then propel his arm up and forward, launching the spear from the atlatl as it catches the second niche and is propelled forward.
The essential idea of the atlatl was to give you twice the range, speed, and strength that you usually had.
---

Of course, you could have just meant for that to be have been one of the newer ones used for close-ranged large-game hunting. :D
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Dakkan

Post by Dakkan »

No clue if this fits with lore or not.

http://geeteeo.home.comcast.net/downloads.htm#Argonian%20First%20Guard%20Armor%20V1.021

Thats so Kewl!
(Day-kin)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

That one looks dangerously like our Dres textures.

This was my earlier idea for the Hist helmet

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v149/Dark_Jale/Argonhelmet.jpg

This is the already made Hist Cuirass which we should base the rest on

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=12636&highlight=hist+cuirass

I think we could do with several variations on certain bits as with the Dunmer bonemold. After all, there are several breeds of Argonian so its not like one size would fit all.
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

That one looks dangerously like our Dres textures.
Huh?
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

They're both grey!11

Seriously, I think that the basic shape of that armor would be great, with textures more like our curraiss. I'll discuss my thoughts indepth with anyone who actually wants to finish the Hist armor.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

It would be a good idea to make two or more racial armors for the Argonians. The dunmer had chitin and bonemold as their regulars and glass and ebony were also products of their province. We know that the dwemer at one time destroyed some of the hist to get the heart-resin (I remember that from TIL).
Abramul

Post by Abramul »

Actually it was the Dunmer.
Tamriel is an impossible place, built on impossible precepts. It's, frankly, a magic ball of sentient schizophrenia. --MK
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

You find a heavy reference of this in the book Ancient Tales of the Dwemer, Part II: The Seed . This resin comes from the sap of a few trees in Argonia.
Why did the trees die?" asked Kamdida.
"When there were Argonians only in this land, we never cut trees for we had no need for fuel or wooden structures such as you use. When the Dwemer came, we allowed them to use the plants as they needed them, provided they never touched the Hist, which are sacred to us and to the land. For many years, we lived peaceably. No one wanted for anything."
"What happened?"
"Some of your scientists discovered that distilling a certain tree sap, molding it and drying it, they could create a resilient kind of armor called resin," said Sigerthe. "Most of the trees that grew here had very thin ichor in their branches, but not the Hist. Many of them fairly glistened with sap, which made the Dwemer merchants greedy. They hired a woodsman named Juhnin to start clearing the sacred arbors for profit."
It was the dwemer who orchestrated it but thats not really here nor there.

I just had a thought...did the aztecs really use full armor? After a short bit of research i found that they used nothing more exciting than padded cotton dipped in brine. Hardly exotic.

I think that the native clothing of the Argonians should be Aztec themed, as the gaudy jewelry would suit them and the large lack of covering up is also their thing but of course they would probably use argonian silver rather than gold.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Silly billy, don't take Sul sersiously. The book was about the Dunmer, but he made it about the Dwemer because he wanted to sound smart.

Also, the Argonians should have multiple armor styles..when we get to Argonia. Hist Resin is enough, and it probably wont even be worn by Argonians. It'd be hidden in some Dres lord's secret stash.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

We can always have 'Heart Resin' armor which would be the real arbor-rape-born stuff and the argonian created stuff made by tapping the trees. That would be like glass and ebony i guess.

I have drawn a concept for the arms and shoulders whihc is nice but im not sure if it would have clipping issues.