Quest Idea: Duel outside the Gates

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Odowacar

Quest Idea: Duel outside the Gates

Post by Odowacar »

Something I made up.

Plot:
PC finds a Dunmer man called Llagel Maali in city in somewhere. The Dunmer says that he's gotta problem. A bunch of other Dunmers had insulted him so he got angry and challenged their leader, Enarvy Rosvo into a duel outside the city gates. But now Llagel is afraid that outside the gates there will be a gang of those members waiting for him. So.. he asks the player to take care that no one will interrupt the duel.

Well the player has three choices: "Yes, I'll do it." "No. I wont." and "You shouldn't duel." If the player picks the second choice Llagel Maali will call player a coward and teleport away. Soon after that you can find his dead body outside the gates. If the player picks the last choice, actor will call player a coward, teleport and get killed (unless the player has Personality 60 or over when the man agrees to leave the and move some place else where no one knows him).

If the player will take the job Llagel Maali will start to follow him. Player will take him to the other side of the gates. When they arrive they notice that Enarvy Rosvo is there already. When you go near he and other gang members will attack the Player and Llagel. It depends on Players level how hard the thugs are to beat.

And now the great plot twist:
After the fight Llagel thanks the player for helping him out. Then he says that he sad about that he has to kill player too because he doesn't want the other people to know that he needed help taking out Enarvy Rosvo's gang. So the player has to kill him too.

For reward the player gets the stuff of the thugs plus Llagel's possessions.

Da End.

Feedback?
I'm sorry if this explanation was somehow obscure.
Kun harakka hyppii hangella maassa on lunta
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Might be better if it is somehow faction related.

Having to kill the player after being in a fight with the gang (or half of it, supposing some attack Llagel)? Wouldn't he be pretty worn out? (The player might be worn out too, though... hmm...) Wouldn't it be nicer of him to ask that the player keep his/her help under his/her hat, for a nice gift in return?

What "other people" is he refering too, and why would they believe that he was able to take out an entire gang, with no help whatsoever?

I don't know about that third choice, either. If he has someone(s) that he needs to impress, I think it should be harder to convince him to not go to the duel.

Other than those problems, I kinda like it.
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

"You wiki'd my girlfriend?"
~Dexter
Odowacar

Post by Odowacar »

Let's then leave the third choice and make mr Llagel to offer the player a gift to shut up about the conflict.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

I see Theives' Guild vs. Comonna Tong material here, I like it. :)
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
BalinMinister

Post by BalinMinister »

I like it but i think it needs to lose the "teleport" away part in each scenario. It would also be sufficient and realistic if after that player chooses not to guard the gates or simply gives the advice, the dialouge will not be avalible anymore and thus the quest is over. I dont know whats easier to script but i recon just locking the dialouge after the choice has been made is the easier route. Looking good however. :)
Bringing back the old school
Odowacar

Post by Odowacar »

Sload wrote:I see Theives' Guild vs. Comonna Tong material here, I like it. :)
I thought so too. This could be a Thieves Guild quest or the Fighters Guild quest (Fighters Guild is in alliance with Camonna Tong, isn't it?).

And what BalinMinister said about the teleporting thing - i agree that Llagel shouldn't be teleporting but I don't like the idea of locking the dialogue and that's it. If there was ment to be a duel then there was. When player chooses to say no the dialogue will be locked. When player leaves the house and enters again mr Maali has vanished and will be found outside the gates - dead.