Message in a bottle quests

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

BalinMinister

Message in a bottle quests

Post by BalinMinister »

I do realize that misc. Quests for Map 1 are essentially over but I still wanted to ask- were any quests made from this idea? Its certainly not the most original idea in real life, but I noticed that nothing of the sort (that I have seen so far at least) was incorporated into Morrowind. These messages can trigger quests both in map 1 and other maps- and will encourage players to ivestigate the area around bodies of water- something that necessairily wasnt promoted in the earlier games.

I proposed a quest that used the message in the bottle concept and it was taken up by Majra (and knowing his puntcuality) and completed. I just wanted to bring up the idea that maybe we can incorporate more of these type of quests and perhaps have a whole set of them instead of the semi-monotnous NPC giving quests- for map 1 and perhaps for the later maps. Just an idea however.

As a more general standard, these quests would probably deal with someone who had a very personal problem that they wanted sorted out but were afraid to reveal it to their fellow-townsmen, stranded or captured people, or those with little societal contact.
Bringing back the old school