Claim type: Quest
Claim ID: TR_q2-2-Mis (#980)
Faction: Misc
Parent claim: TR_2-40-Imp (#103)
Claimed by: Parted User
Files: None

---

How to obtain: Ask about latest rumors within Darconis

In a back alley in Darconis, He-Who-Spits, a respectable Argonian of the Thieves’ Guild and also very high in rank, was found, his innards torn to shreds. However, there was no blood leaking from the wound, as whatever had hit him created a vacuum and sealed his blood in an accelerated coagulation. The guard that found him, Gerard Morano (dunmer), had immediately called for additional support in order to seal off the area. With him were three others: his brother Dean (also a guard, head of this crime investigation unit), Blake Gills (Redguard medical examiner), and Horatio Nemascode (Breton crime scene analyst). As the four were securing the area, a mysterious figure, described by Blake as “something like a hairy skeleton with sharp yellow eyesâ€Â￾ raked its claws at Horatio’s face, tearing through skin like a knife through butter. It then dragged Horatio towards a dark alley within a matter of moments. Gerard and Dean were the quickest to react, and sped down the alley after the figure. Blake got up to run after them, but saw their torches fall to the ground and burn out, and decided to run the other way instead. He made it up the ladder to the canalworks when he felt a claw grasp his leg, and quickly beat it with his mace. The hand recoiled and he launched himself through the trapdoor. He found it strange that the humanoid would not follow him up into the canalworks. Blake said, “At least we have the threat quarantined. Now the only thing left to do is destroy it.â€Â￾ Blake also mentioned that the vacuum seal found on He-Who-Spits didn’t occur when the beast raked Horatio’s face. A blood trail should be present.

Objective: To find this murderer and exact justice upon them.

When you go down into the underworks, there will be a blood trail that leads to a dark alley. If you continue down the alley without a torch (or lamp), a creature will immediately come out and attack you, you will be knocked unconscious and wake up in a cage in a room. However, if you have a torch, you will find out the hall way is a dead-end. When you walk to the end of the hallway, a creature will spawn behind you and hit you, and you will fall unconscious. Again, you will wake up in a cage.(Not sure how that would be scripted) Either way, you will be stripped of all your equipment and have only a shirt, pants, and shoes. As you observe the room, you see some strange alchemical devices (not alembics, mortars, calcinators, and retorts, strange things never before seen) on a table, and three humanoids staring at you curiously.
“Hmm, how did this come across our lair?â€Â￾ the one that closest resembles a female. She has scaly skin (not like an Argonian, like a snake) and her feet have razor sharp claws for toes. Her hands, however, are webbed, like a sahuguin. Her head resembles a snakes, but is not as elongated, evidence of slightly human traits.
The “hairy skeletonâ€Â￾ replies, “I don’t know Faenizz, he was just - “
“Quiet Zarus! He is awake! We must find another subject to test the mutation. It only has a 50% chance of working, remember?â€Â￾
Zarus and Faenizz leave the room, and the third one, almost like a minotaur, but appearing even less sentient than that. He stares at you with a wide, stupid grin on his bullish face. “Me called um…Dur-den. Yeah, Dirden. They leave me to guard you, so don’t try anything special.â€Â￾ You stare, stupefied by the fact that he actually said a grammatically correct sentence. Now, thinking more about the situation, you ponder what to do. You could:
1) complain your stomach hurts
2) sit and do nothing
3) taunt the imbecile
If you choose
1) He laughs at you as if you are the stupid one. “Ha! Someone tried that three... umm… weeks ago, but my brother and sister had just went through door as Dirden opened the cage. Me won’t fall for that one again. Ha!â€Â￾ Prompts menu.
2) Prompts menu. If you do this three times, Dirden gets frustrated and opens the cage. You lock him inside it.
3) He opens the cage and punches you. You go over towards your equipment and pick up your weapon. Time to slice, dice, or whack the crap out of Dirden.

After you defeat Dirden, you grab your equipment and wait for Faenizz and Zarus to come back. They come through the door with an unconscious Argonian in their hands. They see you out of the cage and drop the Argonian, pulling out their weapons simultaneously. Zarus just uses his claws, and also uses magic. Faenizz, however, has a strange Morningstar that makes loud wooshing noises as it swings. She uses magic as a secondary power. Kill both of them to save the Argonian, and any future people these three might kill/experiment on. On Faenizz’s body you find a journal saying how He-Who-Spits knew too much, and was trying to blackmail them, and how they were trying to mutate a person in such a way that they would have symptoms similar to Corprus, but be under their command. Faenizz describe the three of themselves as the Grotesque Triumvirate, and says that they were three wizards who had sought ultimate power and obtained it. Zarus had tried to become a pseudolich, Dirden had gone for pure braun (and lost his intellect because of it), and she had tried to find something in the middle. The potion they had concocted was intended to alter only their abilities, not their appearance, but it had somehow altered all their physical traits. Also on Faenizz’s body is the Morningstar, Fate’s Hand. Its stats are:

Fate’s Hand, One-Handed Blunt-Weapon (mace)
Chop: 30-40
Slash: 15-35
Thrust: 1-5
Magical: Drain Health 20-25 pts for 1 sec on target (this created the vacuum for no blood) Drain Speed 5-10 pts for 1 sec on target
Value: 75,000

Well, what does everyone think? (This is my first attempt at making a quest, I have no idea what I should be comparing this two, but I think for one quest it might be a bit much. I'm not sure about the coordinates, but I know it's in Darconis. If that isn't Darconis, I am sorry, I'm sure the next time I will get coordinates right.)
Why are you reading this?
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

I think that you should drop the references to "crime scene analysis" and such. It doesn't really fit a medieval society to have this kind of thing.

Also, I would be in favour of dropping the mace too. It's a powerful artifact and should only be available after a huge and difficult quest. Simply finding it is too easy.

If you change the mutation so that they are simply semi-corpurs stalkers, you will have a much better chance of getting a model made. (grafting some corprus texture onto normal faces shouldn't be too hard)
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Impossible to script.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Melonman64

Post by Melonman64 »

How to obtain: Ask about latest rumors within Darconis

In a back alley in Darconis, He-Who-Spits, a respectable Argonian of the Thieves’ Guild and also very high in rank, was found, his innards torn to shreds. However, there was no blood leaking from the wound, as whatever had hit him created a vacuum and sealed his blood in an accelerated coagulation. The guard that found him, Gerard Morano (dunmer), had immediately called for additional support in order to seal off the area. With him were three others: his brother Dean (also a guard), Blake Gills (Redguard), and Horatio Nemascode (Breton). As the four were securing the area, a mysterious figure, described by Blake as “something like a hairy skeleton with sharp yellow eyesâ€Â￾ raked its claws at Horatio’s face, tearing through skin like a knife through butter. It then dragged Horatio towards a dark alley within a matter of moments. Gerard and Dean were the quickest to react, and sped down the alley after the figure. Blake got up to run after them, but saw their torches fall to the ground and burn out, and decided to run the other way instead. He made it up the ladder to the canalworks when he felt a claw grasp his leg, and quickly beat it with his mace. The hand recoiled and he launched himself through the trapdoor. He found it strange that the humanoid would not follow him up into the canalworks. Blake said, “At least we have the threat quarantined. Now the only thing left to do is destroy it.â€Â￾ Blake also mentioned that the vacuum seal found on He-Who-Spits didn’t occur when the beast raked Horatio’s face. A blood trail should be present.

Objective: To find this murderer and exact justice upon them.

When you go down into the underworks, there will be a blood trail that leads to a dark alley. If you continue down the alley without a torch (or lamp), a creature will immediately come out and attack you, you will be knocked unconscious and wake up in a cage in a room. However, if you have a torch, you will find out the hall way is a dead-end. When you walk to the end of the hallway, a creature will spawn behind you and hit you, and you will fall unconscious. Again, you will wake up in a cage.(Not sure how that would be scripted) Either way, you will be stripped of all your equipment and have only a shirt, pants, and shoes. As you observe the room, you see some strange alchemical devices (not alembics, mortars, calcinators, and retorts, strange things never before seen) on a table, and three humanoids staring at you curiously.
“Hmm, how did this come across our lair?â€Â￾ the one that closest resembles a female. She has scaly skin (not like an Argonian, like a snake) and her feet have razor sharp claws for toes. Her hands, however, are webbed, like a sahuguin. Her head resembles a snakes, but is not as elongated, evidence of slightly human traits.
The “hairy skeletonâ€Â￾ replies, “I don’t know Faenizz, he was just - “
“Quiet Zarus! He is awake! We must find another subject to test the mutation. It only has a 50% chance of working, remember?â€Â￾
Zarus and Faenizz leave the room, and the third one, almost like a minotaur, but appearing even less sentient than that. He stares at you with a wide, stupid grin on his bullish face. “Me called um…Dur-den. Yeah, Dirden. They leave me to guard you, so don’t try anything special.â€Â￾ You stare, stupefied by the fact that he actually said a grammatically correct sentence. Now, thinking more about the situation, you ponder what to do. You could:
1) complain your stomach hurts
2) sit and do nothing
3) taunt the imbecile
If you choose
1) He laughs at you as if you are the stupid one. “Ha! Someone tried that three... umm… weeks ago, but my brother and sister had just went through door as Dirden opened the cage. Me won’t fall for that one again. Ha!â€Â￾ Prompts menu.
2) Prompts menu. If you do this three times, Dirden gets frustrated and opens the cage. You lock him inside it.
3) He opens the cage and punches you. You go over towards your equipment and pick up your weapon. Time to slice, dice, or whack the crap out of Dirden.

After you defeat Dirden, you grab your equipment and wait for Faenizz and Zarus to come back. They come through the door with an unconscious Argonian in their hands. They see you out of the cage and drop the Argonian, pulling out their weapons simultaneously. Zarus just uses his claws, and also uses magic. Faenizz, however, has a strange Morningstar that makes loud wooshing noises as it swings. She uses magic as a secondary power. Kill both of them to save the Argonian, and any future people these three might kill/experiment on. On Faenizz’s body you find a journal saying how He-Who-Spits knew too much, and was trying to blackmail them, and how they were trying to mutate a person in such a way that they would have symptoms similar to Corprus, but be under their command. Faenizz describe the three of themselves as the Grotesque Triumvirate, and says that they were three wizards who had sought ultimate power and obtained it. Zarus had tried to become a pseudolich, Dirden had gone for pure braun (and lost his intellect because of it), and she had tried to find something in the middle. The potion they had concocted was intended to alter only their abilities, not their appearance, but it had somehow altered all their physical traits. Also on Faenizz’s body is the Morningstar, Fate’s Hand. Its stats are:

Fate’s Hand, One-Handed Blunt-Weapon (mace)
Chop: 20-25
Slash: 5-20
Thrust: 1-5
Magical: Drain Health 5-10 pts for 1 sec on target (this created the vacuum for no blood) Drain Speed 1-5 pts for 1 sec on target
Value: 25,000

I think I altered the stats of the weapon enough to make it balanced, but I want to hear more feedback. As for the scripting, I figured it might have been impossible. I have also removed the references to 'crime scene investigation' and the like. I hope I have sufficiently fixed this (except for the scripting). Also, with regards to the half-corprus thing...

"If you change the mutation so that they are simply semi-corpurs stalkers, you will have a much better chance of getting a model made. (grafting some corprus texture onto normal faces shouldn't be too hard)"

The enemies are not the half-corprus things. I think I said that they were trying to making slaves similar to corprus people, but were found out by an Argonian named He-Who-Spits. The enemies are ex-Telvanni who experimented on themselves so radically even Telvanni threw them out. They are intended to be unique monsters. The female reptilian could be similar to an Argonian, but more visible, larger scales, and a body more similar to a dark elf (except for the head). The hairy skeleton could be a retexture of a normal skeleton so it looks furry. The minotaur like person could be maybe an ogrim retextured? I'm not sure if that would work, but maybe a thought? Anyways, this is my first attempt at a quest, so I know it isn't very good. If the mace is still too strong, we can take it out. The scripting still has no solution, unless the people who made Wizards' Islands can help us out. I have seen the scripting they have done, and it seems like they could help us. If they would be willing, that is. I have no idea who knows who.
Why are you reading this?