Dragos's models

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

horodnicdragos

Dragos's models

Post by horodnicdragos »

From now this will be the place where I will post my models.This is a quick model I made in 15 minutes to open my topic.I dunno how shall I call this sword.

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d51/horodnicdragos/sword_6.jpg[/img]
Last edited by horodnicdragos on Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Morgoth
Developer Emeritus
Location: That big place next to the smaller place with the tree.

Post by Morgoth »

Nice one. I like it alot. It'll be even better once it's textured.
Founder of the Realms of Renth. Please give us a visit!

[img]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4640/sigbannerap7.jpg[/img]

www.realmsofrenth.com
horodnicdragos

Post by horodnicdragos »

Thanks.I am one of your funs.I love your models!So this is where I will post my stuf.And I am still working at the texture...But if anyone has one for this sword please post it here.
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Not bad, just one thing. The blade currently has a thickness of 0, you should make it fatter. The way it is now, there would be an angle where it would be invisible.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
horodnicdragos

Post by horodnicdragos »

Yeh!This is easy.I only need a texture.Because except the blade of the sword there are no problems.I need a texture urgentily.
Last edited by horodnicdragos on Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
horodnicdragos

Post by horodnicdragos »

I need a texture for this sword that looks similar to Chitin.Does someone have any texture?
Odowacar

Post by Odowacar »

There are Chitin textures in the Construction Set CD. Why do you need Chitin textures? There's already a Chitin Longsword made for TR (see gallery).
Kun harakka hyppii hangella maassa on lunta
horodnicdragos

Post by horodnicdragos »

Too late!Because I have finished the model!I present you my sword textured.Now all I need is a name.
Last edited by horodnicdragos on Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
horodnicdragos

Post by horodnicdragos »

This is another model I made in about 10 minutes.I want to know if there is anything to fix at it?And by the way!Must i model a flame too?

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d51/horodnicdragos/Torch_1.jpg[/img]
Last edited by horodnicdragos on Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverwood
Developer

uh

Post by Silverwood »

Arn't flames animated, unless they are small like candle-light. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, what program are you using, Drago?

Edit: you know how to texture, I'm a n00b at that, and I'm far to lazy to go elsewhere. So, how do you applly textures, all what I get is a chrome figure when I'm modeling.
horodnicdragos

Post by horodnicdragos »

Yep!It will be textured.But how can I make flames?I am using maya 7.0.Vernon knows to use this.Maybe he can help me.By the way!I fixed the sword to look more metalic.Heh?

<deleted>
Last edited by horodnicdragos on Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

Need I remind you that Maya cannot export to Morrowind? Anyway, for a flame you'll need to create a particle effect, with billboard alpha maps spawning from the base of the flame. Again, this can't be exported to Morrowind from Maya. Maybe you could find a way of making the mesh so that the Morrowind candles can be placed inside your model? In other words, using the flame from the Morrowind candles and the base of your model. Up to you man.
welp
horodnicdragos

Post by horodnicdragos »

Here is some more stuf!An ornamental globe.

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d51/horodnicdragos/Globe.jpg[/img]
Last edited by horodnicdragos on Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
viKING
Developer

Post by viKING »

wouldn't it be possible to open it in blender, and then convert it to .nif?
-the real OC G
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

Hey dragos, you know it is usually considered courteous to respond when someone replies to your thread trying to help you, rather than ignoring said help and just posting more images. Just a bit of advice. You wouldn't want people not helping you anymore because you ignore their posts now, would you? :rolleyes:
welp
horodnicdragos

Post by horodnicdragos »

Oh!Sorry!Look: I was writing the post while you was writing your post.And you finished earlyer.And now about maya.It can be imported in milkshape 1.7.6 and exported as nif.Or I can export from maya to another file for example for 3dsmax and then export it.Am I right?
horodnicdragos

Post by horodnicdragos »

Something I think will be usefull as ornament in TR.A cup of water.Shall I post the files too?That those who want to help me export thme can download.I have a problem with my video card blah blah blah and my milkshape doesn't work.I need someone who can import from maya in milkshape...then export it as nif.

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d51/horodnicdragos/Vaza.jpg[/img]
Last edited by horodnicdragos on Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
horodnicdragos

Post by horodnicdragos »

Best news!I have Blender now so I can begin modeling in it.Well I am not familiar with the interface but this will keep me on until I gat 3dsmax.Maybe I will work in maya too but I think from Blender I can easily export to nif.So while I couldn't acces my ID I made my first model ever in Blendr.A little hat...
Last edited by horodnicdragos on Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
Morgoth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morgoth »

I really love the crystal ball thing, how did you get it to go transparent like that?

www.realmsofrenth.com
horodnicdragos

Post by horodnicdragos »

Well.I master maya and it is very simple to me.I made it in 5 minutes.Well but now I have to learn Blender. :P I am happy that someone apreciates my work.I will post them as nif too.So be ready. ;)
Morgoth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morgoth »

horodnicdragos wrote:Well, I master maya and it is very simple to me.
Don't you think that "master" is a bit of a strong word :wink:? Anyway, try making the texture on that sword a bit more intricate, maybe add a few patterns or something. Also, the blade still seems a bit too thin, try making it broader. Besides that their great.

www.realmsofrenth.com
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

dragos

so on my forum ignore list now

oh snap

you earnt it

/
welp
horodnicdragos

Post by horodnicdragos »

Morgoth:Well I don't really master maya but I am very familiar with it.And by the way.The sword is fat enough.From that part you say it is thin.But if you look at in from the front you will see it is ok. :D

Vernon:What do you mean with that?I don't understand.Did I make something wrong?
horodnicdragos

Post by horodnicdragos »

Here is a helm I made in Blender.I am still working at it.Whew.One hour at this helm.Oh!I need some answers:

1.How do I use a file as texture in Blender?

2.How do I install the plug-ins(exporters)?

Please post feedback.These are my first models in Blender.

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d51/horodnicdragos/TR_Untitled_Helm.jpg[/img]
Last edited by horodnicdragos on Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
horodnicdragos

Post by horodnicdragos »

Ok!That helm was just the skeleton.It is time to make it more cool.Here it is!

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d51/horodnicdragos/TR_Untitled_Helm_3.jpg[/img]
Last edited by horodnicdragos on Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
The_Warder
Developer

Post by The_Warder »

well I like it so far.
you can get some help at the web site on my sig.
I would suggest making the slit for the eyes a little bigger, but not much.
"quiet Professionals"= "walk softly but carries a big stick"
http://www.elysiun.com/forum/
suk it up you be ight!!
horodnicdragos

Post by horodnicdragos »

Oh!That's all right.Thank you for the sites.And by the way.I even textured it!Look!

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d51/horodnicdragos/TR_Untitled_Helm_4.jpg[/img]
Last edited by horodnicdragos on Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Man, this is some seriously nice work, but...why did you want to leave maya and model in blender since you are so good with the first?
I've read about the exporting-in-.nif issues but can't a maya model be exported to 3dmax and from there made into a .nif?
I'm totally unfamiliar with all of the progs so I'm just trying to guess.
Anyway, your work is great, wanna see more of it
horodnicdragos

Post by horodnicdragos »

I am very happy to hear that.I use blender and maya too.But I am now concentrating on Blender.I am still learning it.And yes.There are a few ways that you can export from maya.But Vernon told me this is not possibile.I know it is.With milkshape.Nevermind.I can't run milkshape.So I will workin both of them.I see that blender have some more options than maya.I will work with maya too.But first of all I have to export my first file from maya.If I can I will work with maya too.

-So how do I export from Blender?I don't know how to install the plugins?
horodnicdragos

Post by horodnicdragos »

I decidet to name the helm "Gladiator Helm".Sounds good.Oh by the way.I made a halbert.Well not something too interesting but in any case that it should be good I posted it here.
Last edited by horodnicdragos on Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
knightmare

Post by knightmare »

dragos, for the helm you should subsurf it and then set it to be smooth.
Silverwood
Developer

ooo

Post by Silverwood »

Ooooooo. I liek the helm. It has like a marble texture to it. How did you make the Slits in the eyesholes?
horodnicdragos

Post by horodnicdragos »

Oh!Very simple:
1.I used the spin option to 180.I made the opened half(front) and the closed half(back).
2.Then I linked the two halfs.As you can see in my first picture I obtained that.
3.Then in edit mode I took the two middle verticles and moved them up.And I obtained the eyes.
4.Then I took the two middle verticles from the bottom of the helm and I mooved them down.And then I made some fixes to look better.
5.I put the texture on and VOALLA!
PM me for more informations. ;)
horodnicdragos

Post by horodnicdragos »

Oh!And there is no need to smooth it.In game it will look diferent.Trust me.High polycounts aren't good.
horodnicdragos

Post by horodnicdragos »

Ehmm...I tryed to smooth it a bit and I obtained this cool model.But the bad new is that it has a huge polycount.It took me 21 seconds to render it.Maybe this one will be for OB.Anyway!I post this picture to drool at this Gladiator Helm. ;) [img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d51/horodnicdragos/TR_Untitled_Helm_5.jpg[/img]
Last edited by horodnicdragos on Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The_Warder
Developer

Post by The_Warder »

very nice!! do you know about the decimanater? you might be able to bring the poly count down without messing it up too much. like the texture but it looks very stony like its made of stone. other than that I love it.

P.S what version of blender are you using?
"quiet Professionals"= "walk softly but carries a big stick"
http://www.elysiun.com/forum/
suk it up you be ight!!
horodnicdragos

Post by horodnicdragos »

I don't know how to see the polycount.And it looks like stone because I wanted to make it look rusty.But it is not stone!

And I use Blender 2.37
viKING
Developer

Post by viKING »

Please host the pics somwhere

http://www.imageshack.us/
-the real OC G
knightmare

Post by knightmare »

holy shit did you normal map that helm?
and about the poly count, remember that in 2 or 3 months we'll be switching to oblivion where that would be a very low poly count compared to some of the other shit in the game.
horodnicdragos

Post by horodnicdragos »

Ehm...Ok.As you say. ;)