Map 1 crack down (a typical thread in the admin forum)

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Map 1 crack down (a typical thread in the admin forum)

Post by Stalker »

As you all may know at Wednesday Map 1 detailing will be closed. This is because I no longer trust regular members to do the job. They literally have done nothing in nearby weeks. So it is now core's responsibility to finish it and make it mint clean. To be more exact I think Dex, the one elected as an exterior administrator*cough*, must put the most work into it. After all it's fucking ridiculous to be an ext admin and not to do any work on one of the most important ext problems TR has.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Uh, I don't want to sound like I'm not doing my job or anything, but I really don't have time for detailing right now. The semester is drawing to a close with finals in two weeks, and I've got more shit to do than I can believe. I shouldn't even be on the computer in the first place.
That aside, detailing was the absolute worst job I've ever done for this project, and I think that being responsible for the rest of the detailing claims would drive me over the edge.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Well Dex than why are you ext admin than ? Give the position to kf, he's more suitable.

Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

I agree. Dexter, ever since you have become an admin you have done nothing but lazing around and throwing some bullshit remarks around the forum. Before you were a part of this project, now you're just not showing your face for the most part and when you do, it's to lock a thread or some other form of authoritarian behaviour. I think kingfish has way more skill than you in CS work, in people-management and every other aspect of an admin's job. Your laziness actually was one of the reasons I got fed up with fixing Map 1 and made me leave the project in the first place. I didn't feel like expressing it because I thought I alone felt like that, but now I talked to several other members and read Stalkers posts, I think it's clear it's your time to go.
Garriath
Developer Emeritus

Post by Garriath »

I suppose I've never been one for strong words. Mostly just the occaisional accusation of Nazi affiliations. But this is different.

What the hell do you mean, guys?

OK, so what if Dex has exams coming up and can't give his all to the project? Can you really blame him for having a life? He's got more of a life than any of us.

Also, let's compare what he's done to what everyone else is done. Clearly, Stalker's saying he's useless. Well, where's the progress in all the other parts of the project, then?

Stop calling the kettle black, guys. We've much more important things to do.
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

There is a progress in terms of exteriors but it definatly not Dex's doing.

Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

I don't think anybody should be pointing the finger at anyone here, if there is a problem then we just have to get over it.
I have to admit though, Dex you haven't been doing a lot of work for the project of late and I've only seen you around int he admin forum complaining about how much work there is and how bored you are.

However, that said, can we all calm down and try to get this sorted out in a civil manor? Or must you all rip each other's heads off first?
Eraser
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eraser »

I agree with vegor here. Koth....erm I mean dexter shouldn't be exterior admin. He has developed the AAS that he claimed not to be getting. Now just like Koth did in his last half a year, dexter only pops in to be authoritative.

Kingfish should be made exterior admin
"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact, it's all dark."
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

You know what Stalker? Fuck you. I'm the only one here who actually does this for the fun of it and not because they fear you and your Nazi slavedriver ideals. You're just like Noir. Some driven lowlife with nothing better to do than sit at a forum all day and boss people around into finishing a project that will never earn you anything in life other than the respect of a community full of ESF nerds, and even that is extremely unlikely. If there's one thing that pisses me off at this project, it's some ex-commie wannabe dictator trying to run other people's lives from his computer.
And then Vegor of all people has the balls to turn on me. I won't even bother with Eraser, since we all know he has no right to say anything about me being lax in my duties, but Vegor? Vegor, you stepped up to Admin for a few months and did NOTHING but piss me off the whole time.
If you dickheads think that I'm going to put forth that sort of work on this project, you're sorely mistaken. Perhaps your utter lack of social lives has skewed your perspective of reality, but I'm not doing that shit, and I highly doubt that Kingfish is either.
It's this kind of garbage that makes good Core members leave, and shitty people replace them *cough*Stalker*
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

It's this kind of garbage that makes good Core members leave, and shitty people replace them *cough*Stalker*
Well...as Veg said it was YOU who made him left...so meh. Also being Nazi and commie doesn't really go along together...
You understanding of "fun" is really perverted. If it is "fun" to sit on your huge hairy ass and do nothing except of bashing new members (*hint*Old Ye Bard thread*hint*) and locking interesting discussions, if it is "fun" to make something as "complete" and "final" as OE was (I had to fix countless bugs when I was merging it with map 3, literally redo half of it) than you really should concider the fact that "fun" for most members and "fun" for you are two different things. Of course being big dumb brute is cool and all but maybe it's time to releive a spot for more educated people ?

Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

Go buy a mirror for christ sake Dexter.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

now, now people, calm down. the truoth is niether of you are duing very much work. Dexter is not duing his job and taking care of the maps (which still require alot of work to get them enve to alpha) and Stalker isent fixing OoT and making the maps compatible like hes supose too. if bin duing more work during this past week combined. everyday im slaving away and fixing and aproving around 2-4 ints(from map one mind you) while you sit around and argue about who is tougher. didnt we alredy have this fight? a chick kicked all your buts. and a chick will kick them again (only me this time) if you lazy bastards dont stop complaing and actualy start contributing.

if i had bin admin, none of this shit would have ocured...
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

I'm speechless - I go away for a few days and you two lose your fucking shit. I knew this would happen. Well I've had it with the both of you. This time off has made me realise there is a lot more to life than trying to run this fucker of a project. Stalker, you need to chill the fuck out and get your mind off progress. Dex, I do like your attitude towards TR, but the American redneck in you ALWAYS HAS TO SHINE RIGHT THE FUCK THROUGH DOESN'T IT.

Dex, you can contact me on AIM if you want to talk about this - the rest of you are blocked. Demote me to Honorary status. I may come to post a leaving thread in a few days if I get the time.

Good luck

Goodbye
welp
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Oops. Seems like it has even a bigger effect that we expected it to have :p Vern chill out. Everything above is a well-thought prank. It is a joke. With a lot of planning before. We are not being serious man !

Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

Yeah we were all informed of the prank. What can I say?
Baahahahaha! Fooled ya.

[img]http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/vegor/gallows.jpg[/img]
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

No, actually, fuck that. Vern, go ahead and get out of here. We all know you weren't sticking around anyways. You were leaving in four months, isn't that what you told me online? We were buds so I didn't say anything to the rest of these idiots, but if you can't even take a fucking joke, I don't want to have you around here, and I damn sure don't want to be the one to stick up for you when you drop all and leave four months from now.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

woah cool it dex, he hasn't replied yet, obviously he didn't know it was a joke when he posted that.

Sorry Vern, nobody meant to freak you out...
Jacurutu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Jacurutu »

Unless, of course, Vern and Dex have their own prank going ...
Only the prospect of death makes life worth living.
Eraser
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eraser »

That's my hope. otherwise TR's really going to be at a loss for a really dumbass reason.
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Yeah i was thinking exactly the same thing for a second...
c'mon guys. let's all be honest starting now or else this could get confusing... :S
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Vern hasn't logged in since 1st of Dec, the day he posted it. He doesn't even know it's a prank...

Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

GG guys. There's a reason I don't participate in your TR jokes. Mainly because they're not funny...just cruel and tragic.
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

Jacurutu wrote:Unless, of course, Vern and Dex have their own prank going ...
:D

Really got you lot going with that one huh...
welp
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Doublecross bitches!
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Moved to the Lounge, so everyone can get a taste of what it is like to be in the Core.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

Orix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Orix »

Bloody hell! This is one twisted joke! :shock: This certainly had me going, I thought I was seeing TR crumble, which would be devastating considering what's been accomplished.

...well, it was funny once I read it was a joke, although some of the things said were way out of character, gave it away a little, not that I really know everyone's character here :), but you dont usually see shit like this publically floating around.

Good one guys, next time, get the public involved, I can't imagine the chaos that would ensue :twisted:.
P.S. Please don't make handbags, wallets, belts or shoes out of Orix [img]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3826/orixmj4.png[/img]
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Vernon wrote:
Jacurutu wrote:Unless, of course, Vern and Dex have their own prank going ...
:D

Really got you lot going with that one huh...
You actually made us more wondering about Dex's mental health more than ever :p

Eraser
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eraser »

Hehehe I suspected as much. Glad to see suspicions were correct.

I wonder how more elaborate the next prank will be?
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

wow. I believe this explains alot as to why we are where we are... :-P
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

lol great move dex. see? its not easy bieng in the core!

and i do usualy complain that im not admin and that i do a shitload of work :P (although i havent complained about that admin thing in a while)

and damn it vern, you scared me fro a while...
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

I was pretty damn sure Vernon's part was a joke until Stalker posted this:
Vern hasn't logged in since 1st of Dec, the day he posted it. He doesn't even know it's a prank...

Up until then I wasn't buying it. You got me Stalker :P
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

And Stalker wasn't even in on the grand scheme. It was just me and Vern plotting against all of you.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

HAHA, you evil bastards. Just you wait. One of these days.... i swear to you.. you'll pay... :P

Obviously i was in on the original scheme, but that vernon post was making me very upset when i first read it. So yes, cruel though such pranks may be, they are also hilarious. :D
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Morden wrote:I was pretty damn sure Vernon's part was a joke until Stalker posted this:

Up until then I wasn't buying it. You got me Stalker :P
Really I wasn't involved in that counter-prank at all. I've just posted my observation :)

nietzsche

Post by nietzsche »

This was all prank? Well, that's good. But IMO this was, as morden so rightly expressed,cruel and tragic joking. Moreover, it was SICK and UNNECCESSARY joking.

I know you guys are frustrated because of the fact that this project hasn't gone anywhere for a while. I feel that way too.

Yes, I know I haven't done anything to this project. But that is not my point. My point is that this was utterly morbid way of joking. There is as much hatred in the world as it is and to make joke about it..

That being said, I have spoken.
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Nietzsche ...

... a good one coming from someone with this nick. I mean, it's not like Nietzsche was an advocate of peace and cool ... aaaaanyway.

Whoa, you actually got me too, guys. ;)

Nasty, nasty. But then again, all things sugar coated and PC is a bit too sterile for my taste.. Keep it up. ;)
Elder Mod.

For now, I'm sleeping in my lightless city beneath the waves.

But someday ... I will be back.

Fthagn.
battle_bison

Post by battle_bison »

I nominate Dex, Vern, Vegor and Stalker for the Oscar for "Best Dramatic Performance by an Admin"! Like everybody else, you totally had me going. Definitely reminiscent of Andy Kaufman.
Turn Off Your Computer And Go To Sleep
nietzsche

Post by nietzsche »

it's not like Nietzsche was an advocate of peace
Yeah, F. Nietzsche was accused of anti-semitism because of his concept of Ubermensch used by nazis in their Aryan ideology. (And for the record, the concept aryan and also the swastika symbol or the "nazi cross" are originally concepts coming from buddhism and were widely used in Europe before the Holocaust. So damn nazis not just killed millions of jews, but also things connected with goodness and happiness were used to promote the evil)

Also he was accused of atheism and chauvinism. The former accusation was made because he thought that christian religion represented so called slave morality,meaning that the way of christian moral thinking was too narrow-minded. He himself thought that we should instead be following so called master morality, have the courage to form own moral ideas (Forming your own moral ideas doesn't neccesserally mean that they would be evil)

What it comes to latter, that is chauvinism, aren't all men automatically chauvinistic pigs? (this is half-sarcastic joke)

Besides, Nietzsche was just basically a looney, rambling his ideas in those various books he wrote during his rather short and unhappy life

Sorry, I had to write this because I am philosophy student and so naturally I take claims concerning philosophy as serious and personal as for example Morgoth takes any views concerning LOTR.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Well both LoTR and the topic of philosophy suck big hairy monkey balls, so you can both leave them out of this thread.

So there.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Graff
Developer Emeritus

Post by Graff »

Glad to see the Admin panel working harder than ever *wink*.

Graff.
[Maybe Not]Done With TR[Quite Yet]