Truth of the Dres [ADDED]

Place where in-game literature is written and developed.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

Truth of the Dres [ADDED]

Post by Haplo »

True Sapience of Dres Nobility
Unknown

A member from the House of Dres can be only of Dunmer descent. Or, as the festering outlander population calls us, Dark Elf. We of House Dres are noble and true to the land of Morrowind. Dres is one of the few houses that have kept the old traditions alive and preserved that which would otherwise be lost. This book is dedicated to the true people of Morrowind; those who have the will to stand up to the ruthlessness and misguidance of the invading Imperials. For the others who read this, you are not welcome to continue.

After the rise of the Imperial Empire, the outlander armies invaded Morrowind. They came into our homes, made cities of their own, and corrupted natives with their treachery and falsehood. They literally infected us with a form of contagious disease. Many of the innocent Dunmer eventually contracted it from other traitorous Dunmer.

Such fraternization is utterly disgusting.

There is a phrase to sum it up. Considering the circumstances, Dres can be considered a cure for this malediction. Dres and its allies, that is. And I must also congratulate all those who have seen the truth of House Dres and have decided to join our ranks against the pools of deceit that the unbearable outlanders are continuously brewing. To those who have chosen their path faultily, I say this with all sympathy: I can only offer you my shortest prayer.

House Dres has several strong allies with equally truthful insight on the condition our nation is in, and what must be done to halt this malediction. The Great House Hlaalu has many good-willed minds that share some of the same intuitions as their brothers’ in House Dres. There is even a more-than-decent, or rather, a truly noble, family that has stayed ever true to the Dunmer race; the family of Dren. Orvas Dren at this point is our greatest supporter. There are even rumors floating around that the family name Dren derives from the name of our great house, Dres. However, there is a traitor among the family. His name is Duke Venim Dren, and he openly betrayed his family name for the sake of joining the ranks of the Imperials.

Many have questioned me as to why the Imperials and other outlanders are so horrible in our eyes, and I am pleased to answer. The Imperials came into our streets, stole our land, and above all, attempted to put down our traditions. This is the factor that makes me despise them as I do. And for that, I do not, and will never respect them. The Imperials are a low-classed race of corrupt roots.

However, it is not simply the Imperials who ravage our traditions, but outlanders in general. I can supply a great many examples of their blasphemy, but I will only mention one, and a major blasphemy at that. Since I could remember, House Dres, true House of the Dunmer, has always been fond of slaves. Our territory lies on the edge of the Black Marsh. A country filled with the murky and savage race of Argonians. This supplies us with a fresh amount of slaves. The creatures are intelligent enough to take caution near our borders, in fear of being captured by our slave hunters and being sold at the market. While I personally prefer slaves of higher intelligence and hygiene, such as Altmer, Breton and some Imperials, they serve well harvesting in the fields. I guess, to be truthful, I rather enjoy any slave, regardless of their gender or race.

In recent years, however, many slave outbreaks have made more uprisings imminent. Another group of outlanders, the Twin Lamps, have been steadily making their way up from the earth. This group is formed by ex-slaves and foolish outlanders. I have even seen many Dunmer serve it. These are the people who have become the constant thorn in our side that they are. They operate secretively, as well as illegally. That is why many bounty hunters have been hired to hunt them down and re-claim any lost slaves. But the group still persists. Despite our efforts, they seem to always manage to escape from our grasp. I myself have witnessed their crimes. I once owned twenty slaves, seven for my manor and another thirteen for my saltrice fields. One dreary night, a cluster of Twin Lamp convicts infiltrated the slave pens and took from me fifteen of my own slaves. I was furious! I can call their work nothing more than larceny.

I hope that this document can help to convince the unconvinced of what the outlanders truly are. House Dres will continue its pursuit of ridding the great nation of Morrowind of the putrid Imperials and other rancid outlanders. They’ve slaughtered our families and humiliated our culture. Such acts will be forever unforgivable. Any true Dunmer would realize this in a heartbeat. Hopefully I am even able to awaken sleeping Dunmer that are fogged by the deceiving lies the Imperials portray. I can assure you that I will never give up the fight. Neither will House Dres ever lay down arms and give up the fight. We shall continue with our allies to save Morrowind and return it to its proper glory!
Last edited by Haplo on Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arthmodeus
Developer

Post by Arthmodeus »

2.B.MW

Properties: Exclusive to House Dres and hardcore Temple members.