Stupid Question

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Tags

Stupid Question

Post by Tags »

In general, how long does it usualy take to get a claim...
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

The same time it takes me to read such thread, realise that Hermit is away and there are 13 pending interiors which I'll have to do something with :P
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

depends. if hermit is away, it takes longer (as stalker said above), but it usualy takes a day or so...
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Tags

Post by Tags »

or so... *sighs* All I have free is time... ;< Jsut wish I could put myself to better use...
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

I have a large cell that you could finish if you want. It is a large iron mine, and should have been done a while ago. Just PM me if you are interested.
'What if man is not really a scoundrel - man in general, I mean, the whole race of mankind - then all the rest is prejudice, simply artificial terrors and there are no barriers and it's all as it should be.'
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

And if it's the case that noone is granting it, doesn't hurt to begin on it anyway - unless it's a very complex claim that would require an experienced modder you'll usually get it. And if you're bored anyway, it's not going to be time wasted if the claim is refused.
M1ke
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Yes it does. That would be against the rules.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

We don't tell people to start working on claims before they are granted unless they have been here for a long time, and submitted enough claims and proven themselves to know what they are doing. Most members must wait until the claim is granted unless they don't care if their claim is turned down or has to be drastically changed for whatever reason and they have to redo it.
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

Sload wrote:Yes it does. That would be against the rules.
It breaks the rules to begin work on something before it is granted? Exactly would it be a bad thing to do so (assuming the modder knows full well that it may be refused), and how would a moderator know anyway? I know you don't like me, but don't feel the need to police everything I say when I'm trying to make a contribution.
M1ke
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Because the modder says "I've finished this already, can you grant it?" or something to that effect. I've seen modders told that they wouldn't be granted another claim where they did that, and I've personally been told the same thing.

My opinion of you has nothing to do with what I'm saying, and policing every single one of your posts would take far too much of my time.
Inferno_str1ke

Post by Inferno_str1ke »

If they're saying that they've already done it as a way of persuading a mod to grant the claim, then fair enough. But if they start it, wait patiently for it to be granted whilst working on it, and then wait until it is granted for submitting, surely it does no harm. It would speed up the project. I'm not saying everyone should do this, but if a modder has the time to spare and doesn't care if their work is wasted, has to be changed or has to be redone from scratch because of the conditions the claim is granted under, there's no reason to tell them it's against the rules.
M1ke