Tamriel Rebuilt Comic

Place where art is developed for our game.

Moderator: Lead Developers

El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Tamriel Rebuilt Comic

Post by El Scumbago »

This thread is a call to: Drawers, colorists and writers.
This is what it is about:
Following Beth's steps, it has been proposed that we make a comic based on Tamrielic lore and on our project. Combining the skills of our talented and inspired members, it is safe to say the results can be pretty impressive, plus it's a good way to add some nice and promising eye-candy to the main page.

1. First of all, we have to agree if this idea should be realised.
2. Then, we have to decide what province(s) should it take place into.
3. Decide the size (number of pages).
4. Decide about the scenario.

Soon as we're done with the above, and given we decide to do it:
1. Writers begin brainstorming and posting their ideas here.
2. Artists make fast sketches of the pages as they believe they should be (storyboards).
3. Decide the final scenario and which frames to use (not a single artist's ones).
4. Sketching begins.
5. Final sketches get colored.
6. Speech baloons are added.
7. Communicate with Dark Horse Com...errr Zephyr, that is, and post it.

Basic rule, above all else: Quality >>>> Quantity

Edit1:We hav Jayne Cobb's seal of approval. Dunno who the heck he is, but since he approves...
Edit2: I already have a first-page storyboard ready, will post asap.
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Ooo ooo ooo, count me in as a drawer. I have an intense love of drawing comic books. I have no idea where to begin with a comic like this though, so I'll leave the writing to someone else.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
Silverwood
Developer

Post by Silverwood »

Alrite, I believe we should Base a comic on a Redguard Adventurer inside Hammerfell, of course. He is part of an illegal tombraiding group, made up of about thirty people. The raiders used to have three posts in Cyrodil, but they were found and destroyed by the Imperial Legion.

The other storyline is based on merchant, and his travels between the desserts. soon in the comic he is caught by the traveling bandits.

Character line three... the Captian of a city guard system is notified that a large group of badnits, larger than normal, is heading towards the ____ ruins. The captain is sent with some of his men. Eventually, all three story lines connect into one comic, from there the story goes on.

edit: should I post my comic book drawing guide to help drawers produce pro-quality stuff? or should i leave it untill we start drawing
Mr. Sorry of Balmora

Post by Mr. Sorry of Balmora »

Setting: boder of Skyrim and High Rock

Delima: the Orcs and Nords have been at it for years. Two opposing warrior races showing off their dominance with Bretons caught right in the middle

comic: a single Breton dipolmat is to join the Nords and Orcs in a peace treaty that will only be signed after one of the two races head commander is defeated in one on one battle.

1-3 diplomat traveling to Orc capital and encountering Orc opposition whch is resolved through several pounds of meat.

4-6 diplomat traveling to Nord capital, again, meeting oposition that is resoved through paralysis spell and the taking of arms (kinda naked nord without the naked)

7-10 meeting at the border of Skyrim and High Rock and argument over treaties and settlement on a battle between the commanders

11-12 battle ends in the simultanious death of both commanders and diplomat writes two notes

13 Orcs questioning why the diplomat or head commander hasen't returned with the verdict

14 Nords do the same as orcs

15-16 Breton diplomat draws up two peace treaties one for orcs and one for Nords signed by both commander's cut off hands in the other commander's blood. (orc commander's blood signed by Nord commander's severed hand for Nord treaty. Nord commander's blood signed by Orc commander's severed hand for Orc treaty) then delivers them to each capital city.

the end
Last edited by Mr. Sorry of Balmora on Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

It should be about a pirate ship in Hammerfell.

But first we should make sure that that's not what they did in the Redguard comic.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

it be great to draw one of our great forum stories.... eg. the great forum battle.... or the pirate clan adventures....

kinda funny that you mentioned this, i have one of my realy artistic freinds drawing a manga of Poha's diversion (its heavily edited for tes related content though, so its not the same)
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Tags

Post by Tags »

Something along the line of VG cats or TSOALR might work best, at least that way theres more room for creativity, instead of one set storyline.
"The Dragon Breaks the Temple wall,
The flood will drown our Gods!
Break down the wall
And let another kingdom rise!
The castle of olympia
is Shaking by the storm
The king lost his crown
And now the wall is tumbling down!

Therion - Typhon
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Imo, it should have at least some pages dedicated to HF, regardless who the main hero/heroes will be. This will allow us to expand our imagination and ideas as to what HF will be like, and it's a nice scenery for fantasy stories.
Plus, it will make for some interesting new things since most people haven't digged up much of HF's lore.

And if you ask me, I think Beth's comic was made in a haste, too many 'gaps' in it, and the sudden change from HF to MW spoiled the fluid-ness of the story.

Not that it is neccesary to switch places all the time. HF consists of many different environments, ranging from saharan to mediteranean, with beaches, forests, oasis, deserts, mountains, canyons, everything. I for one, would require no more from a place to make a story in it.

And a request: To keep this thread clean and tidy, please guys + gals, don't make posts like; 'Imo, this this and this.' or 'lol, very nice.'
Expand your idea, present your thoughts at full length, and if you like something so much that you can't help it and feel the need to congratulate...dunno, congratulate
:))
This goes for all threads, actually...
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

Here's two ideas of mine. it's only the first half of the story for the second one; because I have yet to flesh out the second part.

--------------------------------------------------

Setting: Almalexia, Morrowind

A young and extremely pious Dres man (lets name him Andares Rithrin) is having his dream finally come true - he's going to begin training to become an Ordinator. the comic chronicles what "ordinator boot camp" is like, full of ridiculous spew-age of temple propaganda and revealing part of the "grittier side" of being an ordinator, like being punished for not thinking a certain way.
In the end, Rithrin is a fully brainwashed and complacently obedient servant of the tribunal.

Pages 1-3 - Andares is briefly introduced, talking to a friend on Velothril Avenue. He walks over to the ordinator Barracks (good way to show Almalexia's scenery!) to check if the master has approved him for acceptance yet - and he has! Andares runs home excitedly, packing what little gear he has into a trunk and catching a rickshaw back to the barracks.
Following pages: to be fleshed out. basically, Andares is in training and it's hard as hell - he also has to rigorously study temple "history".
Final Pages: Andares's final exam - he and four other trainees, whom he has grown a slight bond to, must travel to a dunmer stronghold near Kragenmoore that reportedly is under control of blatantly law-defying "heathen" ashlanders.

Drawing Notes: Andares is rather young, the equivalent of 19 or 20. he has smooth features and rather largish ears. the only "ugly" qualities are a large pointy nose and an extremely prominent widow's peak going halfway up his head.
Look at Almalexia in the construction set while drawing, and treat it like the bible in terms of making the buildings accurate. The dunmer stronghold is a real place on map 4, though im not sure where exactly - it's collapsed on one side, and has ashlander tents on the roof.

---------------------
Setting: Taneth, Hammerfell

A working-class man named Rolban wakes up extremely hungover with blood on his clothes and several bruises in a dark residential alleyway, in an extremely shady and low-class part of town sprawling onto the mountain slopes. Rolban sneaks his way downhill to the nicer area, and enters his best friend Jonas's house to seek asylum - only to find Jonas dead, with his own dagger lodged into his gut.
Rolban is mortified, realising that he killed his best friend while drunk. Rolban is determined to find out what made him do this, while avoiding the authorities sure to come buzzing around at dawn. Jonas was Rolban's only friend in addition to his best, as Rolban moved to Taneth to take a job working at the city's massive shipyard just weeks ago - He knew Jonas because they grew up together as children, until Jonas's father was murdered and his mother moved out of Sentinel to escape the grief left behind. As much as he hates it, the only place Rolban can seek asylum is the local Dark Brotherhood chapter - the very outlaws and thieves that make Taneth famous as the most dangerous city in Hammerfell.
Rolban arives at the guildhall, located behind a tapestry in Taneth's palace. The assasin at the door, ready to knock out Rolban, lets him through after seeing the blood on his shirt. Inside, he tries to look tough while walking to the recruiter, in order to avoid being beaten. one of the members, a very athletic looking woman, looks for a split second as if she has Jonas's shortsword in her scabbard - but Rolban realises it's just a typical forebear design.
He talks to the guild head about his story, but mentions no names. "Drunken brawler looking for asylum? happens all the time, we must get four of them each week... what was your friend's name, may I ask, before I send you out?"
"Jonas. after his father died, he took his mother's surname, which I never knew".
"hmm... well, let me consider your plea for a bit. for now, wait out behind the tapestry; Drayt doesn't get much company."
Rolban obliges, and goes back to the small entrance annex where just minutes before "Drayt" was poised to decapitate him. Drayt, as the conversation goes on, is an extremely bizzarre fellow, and rolban is sure he was either hit with a nasty charm at some point or is simply retarded. He keeps talking about all of the different nerves in one's neck that must be aligned in order to acheive a state of unadulterated metastasis, whatever the hell that means.
Just as quickly as rolban had awoken that morning, a man-like female assassin bursts through the door - "We've got a job for you".
Rolban follows her to a seperate annex, which is full of shelves with scrolls. she takes one down, and hands it to Rolban. "Here. It's at your old job at the docks, so we figured someone they would least suspect would be the ideal candidate."
"Wait, how did you know I ha" - he is interrupted by a murderous glare, and is handed some new clothes to change into, the shirt being much too tight for him.
Rolban walks out the same way he came in, taking the more common path to the docks. Once he arrives, he takes a quick look at the scroll, and realises the man he must kill is his own foreman. "Why the hell would they ask me to do this in the middle of the morning rush?", he wonders. Rolban, despite his physical powress, is no murderer in his heart - yet he hatches a plan to kill the foreman. He resumes his job as normal, as if nothing happened that morning, and notices a crate full of cephalopods. as the foreman walks by to check on him, Rolban "slips" and thros the squid-like animals all over him. the foreman slips, falls, and lands straight on his head - his corpse quickly buried by a downpour of invertebrates. Rolban fakes a reaction - "Julianos forgive me!" - and runs off before his coworkers are too stunned to say anything else. By this time of day, 8 AM, guards could likely be marching down to the docks already. Rolban arrives back at the base, and tells the assassin of what he has done. "Very impressive... I didn't think a grunt like you would have the brains to hatch up something like that."

Pages 1-3: Rolban wakes up, recalls only sitting in The Wooly Orc tavern. realises blood looks suspicious, sneaks his way out of the poor section, makes close call avoiding a loud gang of thugs drunkenly ambling to their apartment (the section is so poor that multiple families live in one building - like tenaments almost).
Page 4: large scene of Rolban horrifiedly discovering his best friend's corpse.
pages 5-7: flashback sequence describing Rolban and Jonas's childhood, touching on his father's murder - then jumping ahead to Rolban being kicked out of his apprenticeship at the local blacksmith for brawling with a customer, and moving to Taneth (a sort of "scum haven") to get a grunt job at its large port.
page 8: Rolban sees the sun barely beginning to rise, realising that the moment neighbors start waking up, it wont take long for them to sense something is aloof. in a split realisation, he knows the only place he can go is to the Dark Brotherhood's base, behind the tapestry of the death of palla on the third floor of the central palace. he then wonders how he suddenly knows where the Brotherhood's base is - it isn't exactly common knowledge, of course.
Pages 9-10:
Sort of an "action sequence" of Rolban walking down lesser-known alleyways, jumping in the filthy river, and swimming across to the palace wall - obviously, the guards can't see him, or he's toast. he crawls through a small ajar sewer grate on the north wall of the massive septagonical courtyard wall, runs through some bushes, and takes an ajar back door (through, ironically enough, a guard tower) up to the third floor. the door exits, also ironically, literally right next to the tapestry. olban then has a thought bubble - "wait a minute - how the hell did I know all the back entrances?"
Page 11:
Rolban crawls under the tapestry. a full-panel drawing of Drayt's insane face with a scimitar poised behind him. Drayt then sees the blood on Rolban's shirt, and backs away to let him through.

Drawing notes: taneth's architechtural style should look like a cross between stereotypical "arabian nights" and russian, basically. houses are extremely cramped together and almost entirely one-story and rather smallish, while richer structures are very lavish and multi-storied, though still taking up a small area. Geographically, it's suprisingly green for hammerfell, like an oasis almost - though growing more desert-like rather quickly as you shy away from the river or coast. at the city's center is a grand palace in a septagonical shape, resembling a cross between Hagia Sofia and the kremlin (to put it basically). Tall towers, exactly like the ones made in a 3D concept somehwere on the forums not too long ago, dot the city walls at regular intervals.
Rolban is in his late 30s or early 40s, and is rahter buff with a plain face though not exactly tall. think Mr. T for bodytype, though his face is nothing like that.
Jonas is tall and thin, looking like a sort of "pretty-boy" (think track runner). he's much more well-off than Rolban financially.
The brotherhood's leader shood look very suave and intelligent, though slightly rugged - he's a nightblade, using magic just as much as stealth in his killings. looks almost dunmeri, despite being a redguard.
Drayt is nearly emaciated and almost rat-like, with very large eyes and puffy lips with a slight buck-toothed quality. he always stands up perfectly straight, leaning back slightly. has short, scraggly, and visibly smelly dreadlocks. hard to represent with drawing, but his left eye always twitches slightly, and he occasionally throws his head back for no apparent reason. He's inspired by an actual hobo I met at a local wendy's friday night, I posted a blog of the experience on my Myspace.
Last edited by sirwootalot123 on Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Macar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Macar »

I'll be glad to color anyone's inked drawings. With photoshop, I could also add the text and composite finished cels; but I suppose anyone could.
Lutemoth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lutemoth »

I would love to help with storyboarding, inked and/or preliminary sketches, if need be. If not that, then simply cleaning or revising sketches created by others. Either/or would be absotively underbar :]. To which, I must say, a lot of these plot outlines are looking scrumptious
Morgoth
Developer Emeritus
Location: That big place next to the smaller place with the tree.

Post by Morgoth »

Hmm... Darn. I was sort of hoping for a real Tamriel Rebuilt comic, using the names of key members and stuff. Like some of those parodies you see on Waiting for Oblivion... I think it would be awesome to have, say, a bunch of the Core Members, (Dex, Massey, Stalker, Lady N, Morden, Vernon etc. etc.) as the main characters who always get caught up in hilarious adventures and the like. Those types of things are arways fun to read, and a comic would be even better.
Founder of the Realms of Renth. Please give us a visit!

[img]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4640/sigbannerap7.jpg[/img]

www.realmsofrenth.com
Macar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Macar »

Well we have a lot of people wanting to do this. For the sake of consistancy there should be only one drawer, one inker, and one writer per comic. Therefore, We should make at least 2 or three. One of them could be funny, but the comedy you describe would only be funny to us (wich is okay).
NEW MEMBERS: I'm not with TR anymore, so please stop PMing me. Just post your sample work in the showcase.
[url=http://www.realmsofrenth.com][img]http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3020/banner3er0.jpg[/img][/url]
Lutemoth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lutemoth »

I know this is jumping ahead too soon, but this is the impression I got from Andares:
[url=http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/9190/andares3fl.jpg][img]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6779/andares6tk.th.jpg[/img][/url]
quite attractive, in young dunmeri sense, and a compassionate face, but would possibly develop (if served under proper indoril training) a dark complexion lack of emotion.
Last edited by Lutemoth on Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Macar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Macar »

Cool. The face has a lot of character. I recognise his forehead adornments form someone's avatar...
NEW MEMBERS: I'm not with TR anymore, so please stop PMing me. Just post your sample work in the showcase.
[url=http://www.realmsofrenth.com][img]http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3020/banner3er0.jpg[/img][/url]
Lutemoth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lutemoth »

That? Oh, that was adopted from several dunmer faces I've noticed who had skin altered (if it is altered) to have decoration
[url=http://haven.blessed-oddity.com/Image%20Gallery/Smoother%20Bodies%20Dunmer%20Texture.jpg]example[/url]
I thought it was fairly cool, so I'm quite slanted towards it, hehehe
HoonDing mongori tiavo; Lemansha temin diang hibat.
The Hoon Ding guides us; all others can Make Way.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i would love to help out with the drawing, but im not good at character design or drawing... but i can do architectural sketches, such as scenes or backgrounds... or even establishing shots... i have taken a couple art classes (sketching, cartooning, ect... :) ) and have learned that it is always better too add the objects to a comic/cartoon in this order...

1. wording (speech)
2. speech bubbles
3. characters/scene (any drawing)

... prevents the boxes from being "cramped"
Lord Vader

Good idea

Post by Lord Vader »

I think this sounds like a cool idea, just thinking of it makes me smile becuase it really would turn out great with all the kids and thier artistic ideas, like mine :p
YOU MUST LEARN TO BASK IN THE FEAR OF OTHER MEN!
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

That's great Lute, just great! Hey, art folks, Lutemoth's making steps already, we all need to start working on scenarios we like, or parts of them. Read through the suggested ones posted so far and make your own versions of things, be it characters or whole storyboards.
A storyboard is not something detaioled as a piece of concept art, it's just series of frames showing in general the procedure of a story. Fast sketches, that include everything the final would include, just don't spend time with detail on objects and cleaning it.
In the meanwhile, keep the scenarios coming too.

Morgoth: I like this idea. Perhaps it will be even better if each of the participants draws himself in the frames that focus on him.

Macar: Perhaps we can assign (when the time comes) one person to draw characters and one to draw backgrounds. Using layers we can combine these, can't we?
Macar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Macar »

Yeah, that could work.
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

In that case I volunteer to be a character artist. Creating background enviornments from imagination has never been my strongest point.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Yeah, your style does indicate that inclination. Have you worked on tamrielic faces just to see what chars can you come up with?
Tomorrow I'll post a story of 15.000 words. Well, actually it's two storyboard pages, but 1 image=1000 words!

P.S. Dex, I'll pm you the pieces of concepts 4 and 3 and a couple of buildings too, assuming I'll find the time to complete them. I hope the modellers can begin soon enough, I'd hate seeing the project's schedule delayed.
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

OFFTOPIC
sirwootalot123 wrote:(the section is so poor that multiple people live in one building)
This makes my stomach hurt from laugher.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Vholdrian
Developer

Post by Vholdrian »

Just couldn't resist to mention this:
EDIT: Oh, this got me thinking, why shouldn't we make comic books for TR? Not with those funky colors the modern comic books have, but with drawings like we've seen in de Dwemer books, or 'The Egg of Time'. I think that would be pretty cool. And Rowan here could draw them, if he wants too... He's got the skill...
[url]http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=15084&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40[/url]

I was first :P

---------------

Besides that, great idea. I'll participate in drawing and storylines if you accept :)
[img]http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4350/ve3flv2.jpg[/img]

People ask me to put my signature here. However, I do not want to write on my LCD screen. It's a good way to ruin a perfectly good screen. -M'aiq's little brother
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Except we're not making illustrated vocabularies for barbarians! That said, you're most welcome to contribute.

Oh, and btw, somebody ban that Stalker guy, he's spamming :tongue:
Silverwood
Developer

Post by Silverwood »

There should be five comics.
-Sketch artist/ drawer.
-the colorer in of things
-the storyartist
-the layout designer
-and the dialouge/ guy that listens to the sotryline and writes the dialouge.

The layout designer will draw what pieces of the comic needs to be switched or changed. Example, he tells you that for this character introduction, there should be a breaking of the pannel to cover the page, this character is important. Stuff liek that.

Heres how I imagine the process of the comics should work. First, the five artists are chosen. first, the sketch artist does a sketch design of the page. storyartist, dialouge artist, and layout artist discuss what shou,d be on the comic. the sketch artist finalizes his art according to critisism and copied it over with his pen and erase sketch marks for the photoshop/ corel artists to color in.

I vote sirwootalots story for now.
Dessert Graveyard
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

yay!
man, it's disturbing how you drew andares. it's EXACTLY, down to every last tiny detail, how I imagined him in my head. like woah. I'm a tad more inclined to the hammerfell story I wrote, but I guess that one might make a better book than a comic.
I suck at drawing, but I can do colouring in photoshop quite easily (I did the colouring on our khajiit concepts).
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

El Scumbago wrote:Yeah, your style does indicate that inclination. Have you worked on tamrielic faces just to see what chars can you come up with?
Tomorrow I'll post a story of 15.000 words. Well, actually it's two storyboard pages, but 1 image=1000 words!

P.S. Dex, I'll pm you the pieces of concepts 4 and 3 and a couple of buildings too, assuming I'll find the time to complete them. I hope the modellers can begin soon enough, I'd hate seeing the project's schedule delayed.
I have indeed, check out what I've done in the past:
[url=http://img494.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dexterdrawing3qu.jpg][img]http://img494.imageshack.us/img494/3860/dexterdrawing3qu.th.jpg[/img][/url]
Self-indulgant Nordic nonsense.

[url=http://img494.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kylgoyathdrawing1xe.jpg][img]http://img494.imageshack.us/img494/9539/kylgoyathdrawing1xe.th.jpg[/img][/url]
A drawing of Hermit's Dunmer sorcerer.
You all may remember these two from a ways back when I was working with Morden on the Imperial Legion questline. They are portraits of the two main characters of the plot:

[url=http://img494.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cercius6eo.jpg][img]http://img494.imageshack.us/img494/840/cercius6eo.th.jpg[/img][/url]
Cercius, the Imperial noble.

[url=http://img494.imageshack.us/my.php?image=darnell2fp.jpg][img]http://img494.imageshack.us/img494/5367/darnell2fp.th.jpg[/img][/url]
Darnell, the Redguard scout.
The_Warder
Developer

Post by The_Warder »

Dexter the top two are awsome.
"quiet Professionals"= "walk softly but carries a big stick"
http://www.elysiun.com/forum/
suk it up you be ight!!
Lutemoth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lutemoth »

Yozza yow, Dex! You got me beat, hands down :D
They have such brooding exteriors!
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

F*** me all ways!!! Dexter these are wicked awesome!

*Bows*
*Re-bows*
*Re-re-bows*
*Re-re-re-bows*
Would re-re-re-re-bow but my back is aching.
*Stays speachless*
Macar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Macar »

Nice inking dex. I think the style is perfect for comics. We are planning to do more that one of these things, right?
Gibstov

It should start out as someone in prison

Post by Gibstov »

It should keep the Bethesda tradition and start out as someone escaping from prison.

Possible ideas:

Escaping through the sewers where the hero encounters both troubles and an ally (maybe someone from the thieves or assasins guild hiding out in the sewers)

Escaping from a prison ship (and landing on a deserted island...or an island the hero thinks is deserted)

Being released for some mission by the emperor (like in Morrowind)
There are 10 types of people.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
RowanTiernan
Developer

Post by RowanTiernan »

Damn guys.. everything thats been done so far sounds great. And Lute, awesome job on Andres.. I can totally see him as the protagonist. And if u guys want to do a comic about Andres, and someone escaping from prison, why not Andres escaping? it could start out in the sewers of one of the cantons of Vivec, Andres trying to make his way out, a fugitive, with out notice by the ordinators. Using the skills he has obtained from once being ordinator, he escapes... We could write the story of his becoming an ordinator as he escapes, and as the story goes along,we could discover how Andres came to realize corruption, ect(something that he doesnt like to the point of speaking out about it, thus getting him arrested.. or a more serious crime) We could either have Andres escape by the end, or as his back story finishes, Andres could be caught, and made an example of by punishment of death.- I hope some of my rambling will be useful,

~Rowan
"..yes, most of what he says is gibberish..."- Dex
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Apparently, I'm the only one who has the idea of presenting some totally different chars and make them meet thanks to the twists of fate. What do you think about this?
Lutemoth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lutemoth »

Honestly, that sounds like the best idea to bring unity to the entire book! It reminds me somewhat of the Sincity stories (characters of different plots congregate unknowingstly at one point or another). I've seen it done before, and I loved it.
Macar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Macar »

Converging fates is a great idea. Well so far we have woot's 2 characters, I think it would be nice to have at least one more. Any thoughts?
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Khajiit skooma-addicted porn star?

Khajiit for something different.

Skooma-addicted to add a side of tragedy and a cycle of despair (in really bad cam-whore poetry).

Porn Star for the Khajiiti porn personal joke which cycles around several present and ex core members (mainly Majra).
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Sin City, Reservoir Dogs, Puplp Fiction, anything related to Tarantino. With the difference of having our characters to know each other and develop relations to some point, not just seeing one another by chance into some bar and that's all.

Yeah, we could add a Kahjitii skooma-addict porn star! Something along the lines of J'nnah Jam'son I guess.
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

I think the comic should indeed revolve around a group of characters, all unique and distinct from one another, whose paths cross again and again. Putting real thought into what their backgrounds are, and how they would react when they encounter each other would be highly interesting, especially if they were working towards a common goal when they did meet.
For example, I think it would be really fun to see what happens when a Dunmer female assassin crosses path with a Nordic bear wrestler, and they are forced to work together to achieve a common goal.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie