Tamriel Rebuilt Info

The news of the front page, global announcements, and any discussion of said announcements or news articles.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Morden
Developer Emeritus

Tamriel Rebuilt Info

Post by Morden »

1. The Morrowind province is being developed on the ES III: Morrowind engine. The province of Hammerfell is being developed on the ES IV: Oblivion engine.

2. Our TES: III work and our TES: IV work are completely seperate. There will be no conversion of work between the two.

3. Work continues on Morrowind, but the majority of our focus has moved to the Oblivion engine for the province of Hammerfell.
Pug
Developer

Post by Pug »

Hey there, I've been lurking here since you guys started on TES3 but I have a few questions.. It's like I'm getting starved of info, I need more info!!

I've been reading everything here pretty much ever since Oblivion came out and I've not seen much progress on Hammerfell. I'm not meaning this in a bad way, it's just I love seeing and following the progress of the stuff you guys do. But I'm not seeing any realy :(

So, I'm starting to wonder if you guys have started yet? Or are you still talking about it on Mirc or somthing? Or are you waiting for the worldspace to be finished?

I'll sign up if your short of people! I've always wanted to join, but never got round to it. Fear of not being able to go the distance I think.

But anyway, can please post more info, please.. Look forward to seeing progress, cant wait to see all your work! Dont even care if I can play it or not, I just want to see it and read about it here on the forum.
Eyeball88
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eyeball88 »

The single largest obstacle right now is that there is no official NIF exporter, so it is a struggle to get custom meshes into the game world. But work is going on behind the scenes, and I believe that there will be an update on the front page to show off some of our custom models soon.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

We're doing the small island of Stirk before Hammerfell. We are still planning, though, so there has been very little CS work done.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Pug
Developer

Post by Pug »

Could'nt you use place holders untill you have the tools?

What about things like the quest compass and fast travel? Are you going to be doing Hammerfell Oblivion style or Morrowind style? I personaly dont like the way Oblivion holds my hand all the way through. I would enjoy it much better if I got directions for quests instead of following the green arrow or fast traveling to it. So what is your stance on the gameplay side of things for HF?

Is this the right place for asking stuff like this? Sorry if it's not.
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

No, it will be Oblivion-like. It's not really a matter of what we prefer, it is the policy of our team to follow Bethesda's standards. That means there will be a green arrow, there will be a compass and it's gonna be as faithful to the game as possible. Of course there are plenty of mods out there, which can help you make Oblivion the game you wanted it to be.
Pug
Developer

Post by Pug »

Yes there is alot of mods, but the problem is that the quests was written to use the quest marker/fast travel. So if I was to mod the marker/fast travel out, the game impossible to play since you get no directions. You would have to rewrite all the quests for it to work.

Oh well never mind,
Thanks.
Nichevo
Developer

Post by Nichevo »

What if we give the options for those who disable their compass? ie. providing enough information to go Morrowind-style. Wouldn't need to differ much from the way it's in Cyrodil.
Orix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Orix »

Some people sem to be overlooking the fact that some Oblivion quests forego use of the compass, instead opting for directions. For instance, The Pale Pass mission that uses a map. This isnt the only one, I've come across several.

As a matter of fact, since Barus was walking toward Skingrad yesterday (despite him saying he'd be in a certain tavern) when I was trying to get him for an important mission I wouldnt know without the compass, and it would be increasingly frustrating to search all of bloody cyrodil for him if I didnt know where he was.

Radiant AI makes things so much harder to find NPCs, we should keep to compass for NPCs. Locations we could give decent directions to, perhap without a map marker, although depending on how much you can verbally say about a location, some would still be difficult for people without the compass/map markers.

TBH I dont think we should even bother discussing the matter, if a quest requires you find someone/someplace without the compass/map then that will be the case.
P.S. Please don't make handbags, wallets, belts or shoes out of Orix [img]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3826/orixmj4.png[/img]
Pug
Developer

Post by Pug »

A yeah, the pale pass quest was quite good. It's the only quest of this type I've found so far. But I've not played much since I'm resisting the urge to play untill my new comp gets here.

As for the RAI you could have the quest tell you the habbits of an NPC (verbal or written) instead of using the marker. Example: NPC A lives in house 6, works at the book store and drinks at tavern 1.

I guess what I'm asking for is more quests that don't need/use the marker like the pale pass quest. I'm not saying get rid of it since it does have it's uses.
edog99

When???

Post by edog99 »

When the hell The province of Morrowind TR will be relesed???
edog99 :newmemberdance:
long live house hlaalu
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

When it will be ready, which is possibly never, unfortunately.

I think map 1 may be released, maps 2 and 3 have a good chance of being finished some day. Map 4, maybe, work is already going on. Maps 5 and 6, I don't know and I doubt it.
kapuhy
Reviewer

Post by kapuhy »

...hehehe - you want to make a bet, Gez? I don't know if Morrowind will be relased, but it surely will be finished, even if I am to do this on my comp alone ;)

EDIT:Sload: I think I'll do...got still 77 years to finish this :P
Last edited by kapuhy on Thu May 04, 2006 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Maybe you'll be done before you get a letter from the government congratulating you on the big three digits.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

He won't be alone ;)

Anyway, espect a Map 1 release pretty soon, it just needs some cleaning up, linking and couple more ints to be finished.
Map 2's status I'm not familiar with, but Map 3 is coming along well and Map 4's ints are well underway.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

I thought that there was only one map 2 interior to finish or something like that... I'll help you review :P
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Map 2 has nearly all ints finished, but it needs to be made compatible with current OoT standards. It also needs NPCs and a good beta test, as far as I know.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

This is a main page news post and not the place for this discussion.

Take it to the tavern if you wish to continue.

*Locked*