TR: Morrowind Video/Slideshow

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

TR: Morrowind Video/Slideshow

Post by Haplo »

Since my PC is currently unusable, I've been using my Macintosh for TR lately, and I've just recently stumbled upon some really old screenshots, and I decided to throw them together into a .mov and add Dragonfly's Theme to accompany it:

WIP:

Here's a link to it on putfile:
[url]http://media.putfile.com/A-few-glimpses-of-Mainland-Morrowind[/url]

Or if you want to download it (7.42 MB), go here:
[url]http://files.filefront.com/Early_TR___Mainland_Morrowind/;5125619;;/fileinfo.html[/url]

FINISHED/REL:

Here's a link to it on putfile:
[url]http://media.putfile.com/Early-TR---Mainland-Morrowind[/url]

Or if you want to download it (9.03 MB), go here:
[url]http://files.filefront.com/TR___Mainland_Morrowindmov/;5126162;;/fileinfo.html[/url]

---

The WIP putfile video is a bit strange, but that's because it's putfile. Orix said the music was a bit jumpy in the WIP download, but I don't know if it's just his copy or not.

The reason I'm doing this is because I was disheartened by the intro done by Prom, and I realized when I saw these that most of the newer members here have never seen some of these, so I thought it'd be interesting if I could share with them a little bit of TR history in picture form :-)
Last edited by Haplo on Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

Gorgeous. Gotta love that old Dres architecture. Well done Haplo!
'What if man is not really a scoundrel - man in general, I mean, the whole race of mankind - then all the rest is prejudice, simply artificial terrors and there are no barriers and it's all as it should be.'
ch85us2001
Developer

Post by ch85us2001 »

B-U-T-Full! Beautiful!

Where was the waterfall from, if I may inquire?
It's not so much working with computers as it is tricking them into doing what you want them to do.

[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Chus_Mod_Forum/index.php?]My Mod Site[/url]
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

^ Updated ^

The waterfall is somewhere in Map 4 wilderness, I believe.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Liliath

Post by Liliath »

Hey there ! Hi Noir, hi Haplo !
I was just stopping by, looking at how things were going on at TR ... Long time since I last posted here. I'd say.. more than 6 months for sure. I'm quite nostalgic, watching those videos .. So much work done , I really enjoyed it, back then. It's nice to see that our work isn't completely forgotten ...
Btw, the waterfall I assume you're talking about, ch85us2001, is in claim 4-13, Map4 .. I raised it from flat untextured seafloor with my own humble hands ( and mouse ) ..:). *sigh* Like we say in France : "C'était le bon temps...", ( would mean something like " That time was good time..." in English ).

Cheers.

Liliath.
"Progress is going from failure to failure without ever loosing one's enthousiasm"
Orix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Orix »

Nice update Haplo ;)
P.S. Please don't make handbags, wallets, belts or shoes out of Orix [img]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3826/orixmj4.png[/img]
Morgoth
Developer Emeritus
Location: That big place next to the smaller place with the tree.

Post by Morgoth »

Beautiful! Love the way you've done that, Haplo. Makes people really see all aspects of the work that was put into TR Morrowind. You know, we should do a small "Making of TR" Video. Get one person from each part of the mod to do some dialogue and show people some of the steps while it's in progress. Would be really fun, sort of like the bonus vid that came with the CE. Eyeball could show some moddeling, Dexter could show an exterior being built, Morden could do some art etc. Might really be a good promotional thing. :wink:
Founder of the Realms of Renth. Please give us a visit!

[img]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4640/sigbannerap7.jpg[/img]

www.realmsofrenth.com
lb003g0676
Developer

Post by lb003g0676 »

That music could easily make me cry. I really gotta buy the CD. And I have never cried at a movie, book or game. (Well at Lion King I cried when I was 5)
"Only perfection is acceptable. I expect something beyond the acceptable." - Sload

"Orix bows down to £'s leet spelling skills" - Oriks
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

Morgoth wrote:You know, we should do a small "Making of TR" Video. Get one person from each part of the mod to do some dialogue and show people some of the steps while it's in progress. Would be really fun, sort of like the bonus vid that came with the CE. Eyeball could show some moddeling, Dexter could show an exterior being built, Morden could do some art etc. Might really be a good promotional thing. :wink:
omg, ive been thinking of this for ever. that would be realy cool i think.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Vrenir

Post by Vrenir »

I found this today while looking for the old multi-part video survey (didn't find it), and just wanted to say how nice it is to have an overview (even if it isn't totally accurate). I heard once upon a time that you were planning to have an official Map 1 trailer. Is that still on the table?
Sezarus

Post by Sezarus »

It's very good. It shows the spoils of the modders hard work here and I look forward to playing the full version once that comes out. A bit of constructive criticism, I think it looks great in most places, but good in others. in those 'good' places, I think it looks a bit - bare, especially Necrom, in areas like towns where there isnt any vegetation because the ground is made of brick, perhaps some trees in brick basins could be inserted? Just a thought. I thought the sneak preview was great.
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

Necrom will be rebuilt for several reasons. Many of the pictures are from areas that need to be blended and better detailed still.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Well since Im new, Im wondering. What architectural style is that strange mudbrick looking city with the Argonian statues out front? Cuz when I saw that one, I was just in awe. And I pray that isn't the Dres architecture peeps have been saying is lost cuz its amazingly gorgeous.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

That sounds like Narsis, which was modded by Prometheus (who made pretty new Hlaalu meshes to go with it). Seeing that unveiled on my screen is what eventually made me join TR in the first place.

The Argonian statues are gone, thankfully. The city has been shrunk to a reasonable size. And the FPS issues have been greatly resolved.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

Meh the city didn't need as much renovation as it got. Yeah some of the statues wouldn't have fit Hlaalu's mindset, but statuary in general seems fitting for a wealthy house in a religious culture (the same conditions that spawned the renaissance era artwork). The fps issues were esily resolvable by removing the high poly custom models and some minor optimization elsewhere.

But then again I haven't actually seen the new version so I can't make a real comparison between Prom's and Kingfishs (I think he's the one who remade it at any rate. They both do great work, so I'm sure it's current incarnationis still pretty cool looking if perhaps a bitless grandiose.
Vrenir

Post by Vrenir »

Narsis was always my favorite in the screenshots as well, and though I understand why it needed to be redone, I'm still wary of what it might now look like. But I guess there are still a few years until we are likely to find out, and it may change again in that time. Whatever it ends up as will look tremendous, because this is TR and they only do tremendous stuff.