[Morrowind] Public Feedback

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Lud
Developer Emeritus

[Morrowind] Public Feedback

Post by Lud »

This thread isn't for error reports, but for everybody to give feedback and opinions on our Morrowind mod.
If there are things in the mod that aren't really errors, but you still think should be changed, post here :)
If there are parts of the mod you particularly like, if you want to know more about how a particular area was created, etc, this is the place for it.
Also, if you have a suggestion to make the mod better, please voice your thoughts. (Within reason of course, no suggestions for complete overhaul because you don't like Telvanni, etc)
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
fanfas
Developer

Post by fanfas »

I'll start :).

Though most people don't know the troubles Bal Oyra give... I must say, i went just from there, and despite the bugs, that town is amazing, i don't know who did this final version, but it's pure genious it feels and looks great and like some nord guy said to me "its a nice change from the crazy mushroom houses" or something close enough.

I was there when the sun risen and when it went down it was two of the most beatiful situations i ever encountered on Morrowind, and i play if for almost 3 years now.

On a less good way... please lud or someone take the Plain striders out of the leveled list or change the places were those lists are, the creatures are huge and need space, and almost every place i found them they were bleeding on things or floating... i think because Plain Straiders are "good" creatures they should be placed in some places by hand, not in leveled lists.
MAP 3 -> Interiors
Map 3 -> Interior Fixing
skittles

Post by skittles »

its easy to put it this way:

good start for a beta. i wouldnt have realesed it any time later or sooner.

awesome detail as far as populated areas, but in the middle of nowhere it could use more flora.

good work overall. this is a beta, so 9-10. for cleaned and final version, 11-10
confetti! **#@%*^%$@#^*
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

The dialogue is excellent. Very well written. It really makes a difference to the mod. I spent a couple hours just reading what people had to say, and I only got through FW, BO, and Sadas. I also had no idea that Bahrammu was given an overhaul. The last version of that village I saw was pretty sad. Now it's incredible.
Though most people don't know the troubles Bal Oyra give... I must say, i went just from there, and despite the bugs, that town is amazing, i don't know who did this final version,
Bal Oyra has passed through so many hands. Stalker did some detailing on Bal Oyra, then in February of this year I took it for about a week and detailed the hell out of it, laid the pathgrids, and made the NPCs, and fixed countless errors. And I think the past couple months somebody went back and further detailed/fixed the Keep. Not sure who... turned out nice though I agree.

The only thing I find disappointing is that there are still many interior wilderness areas that weren't detailed during our Map 1 blitz sessions. Some areas look above Bethesda quality, while others have hardly been touched since their original creation.

PS: And the missing banner activators which cause me to CTD everytime i come near a town :P We'll have to find those.
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Morden wrote: I also had no idea that Bahrammu was given an overhaul. The last version of that village I saw was pretty sad. Now it's incredible.
That was one of mine :)
Yeah, I basically rebuilt that place from the ground up. The only thing that's left from the old version was about 4 shack interiors, which had to be completely re-detailed because they were full of rich furniture.
I'm pretty happy with the way my version turned out.
Here's the old one:
[url=http://img179.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unknownvillage8fzey7.jpg][img=http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/4996/unknownvillage8fzey7.th.jpg][/url]

And here's my new version:
[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/?picture=Bahrammu02.jpg&p=screenshots&gallery=1]Here[/url]

The only thing that annoyed me about this place was that the custom dialogue I wrote for the place never made it into the public release. It was all finished, but the file fell through the cracks :S
fanfas wrote:On a less good way... please lud or someone take the Plain striders out of the leveled list or change the places were those lists are, the creatures are huge and need space, and almost every place i found them they were bleeding on things or floating... i think because Plain Straiders are "good" creatures they should be placed in some places by hand, not in leveled lists.
Best thing would be to make a plain strider only/ silt strider only levelled list and put a few instances of this around the place, after removinstriders from the relevant lists.
Morden wrote:The dialogue is excellent. Very well written. It really makes a difference to the mod. I spent a couple hours just reading what people had to say, and I only got through FW, BO, and Sadas.
Firewatch and Sadas were mine :)
Bal Oyra was partly mine and partly Swiftoak's
And believe me, however many hours you spent reading it, I spent more writing it. ;)
If you're looking for dialogue thrills in Firewatch, by the way, go to the top two levels of the palace. All the NPCs up there have pretty much entirely unique dialogue. (You can also pick up plenty of hints on what quest-based action I was planning)
Last edited by Lud on Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

Hahah I just found the Molecrab farm. Nice. :D I'm still astounded by the amount of dialogue you guys accomplished.
fanfas
Developer

Post by fanfas »

Well, i don't think that there is a need for levelled list for striders, after all they will leave you alone if you do :) also imagine the terror of a level 1 charecter that sees one of them for the first time and don't know they are good :)

I think that map 1 has some nice plain places, where they can be put by hand without problems. why complicate what is simple... IMHO of course :)

Also as soon as i finish wondering Map 1 i will come back and start doing that huge list of bugs i told you....

On the other matter i'm loving this map, i've been in there in earlier versions and we can now see the wonderful work people have done, lets hope we can manage to keep it for the next maps, i will also help a lot more on them.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Morden wrote:Hahah I just found the Molecrab farm. Nice. :D I'm still astounded by the amount of dialogue you guys accomplished.
Another exterior by Ludovic, he really has a knack with these wooden platforms. I tried to make something like that at Ashamul, didn't manage it, and let it drop. It's much less ambitious now (no precarious stairway climbing along the cliffs up to a wooden guardtower above a peak, my initial aim). And also, I'm jealous of Bahrammu's fence. It's just perfect.

That said, I had to correct him a bit, because he used de dock pieces, which have clam-infested support beams. Looked very odd at Sarvanni. Had to replace by common platforms, which are practically identical but do not have "sea legs." :)
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Lots of w00ts to whoever made Bahrammu the way it is, definately my favorite village.
bob196045a

TR_Map 1 esm

Post by bob196045a »

Howdy Lud

First off thanks for stopping by the Silgrad Forum and addressing those issues I posted

Please know those are not complaints, just observations, all of them have been worked out and all is fine except of course the moth animation

Considering the size of the mod and all that was involved in making it happen, those few issues were minimal I have had far worse with other mods.

All in all everything looks really nice, and you all can be proud of that. Its going to make an excellant addition to the total morrowind experience.

As indicated in my ST post to me it seems a bit barren in some places, but thats me, and does not reflect on the overall mod

I did recant my comment about the data files. once everything was loaded properly all the data files were their in the cs

Again thanks and I look forward to seeing other works by your group

Bob
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

um. Map 1 isn't close enough to Almalexia to even compare that. But just pick the southeastern most city on the map and that'll be the one.

And there should be no conflicts with ST, at least on our side. They're on the otherside of Vvardenfell.
fanfas
Developer

Post by fanfas »

And another entry by me :), i think that firewatch needs some NPCS on the streets, i know the city is already a bit clunky on the fps... but well we almost only see guards on the streets and that's not right...

And what's the deal with the cave Vagea (sp?) were we fight lots of skeletons and other dedra, and when we get to the bottom there are 3 guard that attack you on sight? Is it for a quest? I hope it is. And shouldn't the necromancer attack you too?
MAP 3 -> Interiors
Map 3 -> Interior Fixing
Morgoth
Developer Emeritus
Location: That big place next to the smaller place with the tree.

Post by Morgoth »

When I see TR's work, it makes me realize how terribly bland Bethesda's vision of Morrowind was. I never really played much of it, even though I've had access to it for over a year now. (Oblivion's fault.) I recently re-installed Morrowind, and with this release, it's going to remain permanantly installed.
Founder of the Realms of Renth. Please give us a visit!

[img]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4640/sigbannerap7.jpg[/img]

www.realmsofrenth.com
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

fanfas wrote:And what's the deal with the cave Vagea (sp?) were we fight lots of skeletons and other dedra, and when we get to the bottom there are 3 guard that attack you on sight? Is it for a quest? I hope it is. And shouldn't the necromancer attack you too?
Sagea. There's a related quest. I thought I removed the guards from there. You'll notice there are a few NPCs with an ID that begins by Q (well, by TR_m1_Q), for quest.

The abbreviations are:
O for outlaw (not all outlaws have it, though)
Q for quest-dependent NPCs
S for slaves
T for Telvanni Masters and Mouths

Q characters, normally, are not anywhere on the map at all, as they're supposed to be placed only once the quest they're part of is added, and a script is written to manage their enabling/disabling.
fanfas
Developer

Post by fanfas »

Ok, that explains it... i really love the place and all that skeletons and the guards... i had a fight like i haven't had in ages with my character :)
MAP 3 -> Interiors
Map 3 -> Interior Fixing
fanfas
Developer

Post by fanfas »

Another post by me :) i'm posting as i'm playing.

Orelu Plantation... This is a complete FPS killer, and what is to blame... that gigantic plantation of Saltrice, please make it a bit smaller or with less crops... i don't have any fps drops in nowhere ( and i have played almost all map) but here the game becames unplayable anytime i look in that plantation direction.
Last edited by fanfas on Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

I crashed when I got to orely plantation. The saltrice there needs to be reduces tenfolds atleast.
yagram_bagram

problems registering under above name

Post by yagram_bagram »

I used united states of america as a location, and i got a spambot error message

I wouldnt be posting this if i were a bot.
can an administrator please clear this up so i can register?
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

all bots that we get make USA their location, so we ask you to change it if you are not a bot. we have been geting a whole lot of bots lately, and are trying to take every precasusion necesary to elimenate them

you can change your location to something like US of A if you dotn wana specify farther.

and this has nothing to do with map 1
yagram

bot

Post by yagram »

i tried changing it to tamriel and others, and it still thinks im a bot

Post by Guest »

I liked Telvannis. It feels like it belongs there. The Daedric bats move pretty slow though and die too quickly. One iron arrow and they were down. Maybe give them a bit more speed and health.
EmpNev

Post by EmpNev »

After playing for a while..my first thought is wow. Playing this, I was really reminded of a lot of why I loved Morrowind so much. In particular, I have to congratulate whoever did the dialogues…they’re simply superb. I also have to say, seeing the way you guys rendered Telvannis makes me drool over what Almalexia will look like.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

there are screenshots of it on our website ;-)
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

There aren't Haplo. Only Darnim Watch and some wilderness is shown from Map 3. I'll play around Map 3 tonight and take some more screenshots.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

*gasp*

This must be remedied! There were. Anyway, if you take any CC, I can upload them, thanks in advance :-)
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Sniper4
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sniper4 »

Regarding the post I just made here (and deleted) I had confused Ranyon Ruhn for Bal Oyra so forget I said that :P.
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

Haplo, post the pics!
Akul

Post by Akul »

I always knew that this mod will astounish me bzt... WOW!!

The cities are beautiful and the city dialogues are good. I also enjojed finding the spellbooks and killing Telvanni guards for saying bad words to Vvardanfel Archmagister (tough this character isn't on that titule right now... still it was rude.)

And the rumors showed me that I may see very quality quests :)

Can't wait until you release the version that has quests in it!

BTW, how will Mainland MG react to Vvardanfel Archmage ;)
Don't look at me. I am mad!
Radnurag

Post by Radnurag »

O.k.

Where to start...

Well first of all I love the way all of you have build this, it's nice to see especially the flora, which was great in compare to the trees found near (for instance) Ebonheart!

The creatures look good aswell

BUT

(you'll probally SHOOT me for this... :P)

I DON'T LIKE THE CLOTHING @ ALL!!!

I mean, there are so much BETTER meshes availible for that...
Gez: "Intel's graphic chipsets suck big hairy sweaty manged donkey balls. Really, they are teh ultimate suck."
fanfas
Developer

Post by fanfas »

Yes... yes... we know :) our tailors have been on strike for ages...
MAP 3 -> Interiors
Map 3 -> Interior Fixing
Ilidur

Post by Ilidur »

First, i have been watching this mod for a while and when i heard it was released i went and got bloodmoon just to play it :D.
But i have some problems... i arrived on the island swimming, and saw some guys, a guy attacked me but the other two (tevelany watchmen i think) just stood there.
Another similar situation a little up north i met a guy named ... the skullkeeper i think(full orc armor), the guy attacked me, but another guy just sat and watched and then i talked to him and he didn't say anything about it.
And the problem with the Saega or smth. similar isn't fixed (the mod was downloaded today). And the cave does not have an exit after you go down (the guards are still there), you just walk like a lunatic until you fall through the cracks and you get sent back up.
Oh yeah and another thing... all the fighters are as tough as a Daemora Lord, i had do use cheats to walk around there (i'm lvl 5).
The wilderness in the area is a little bit empty but that might be because of the textures.
Hope my post will help. Are these things fixed in the 1.1?
And where can i find it? ( the deluxe is only 1.0)
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Thanks for inforing us ilidur. Version 1.0 was a public beta which we released so that people could point out errors we hadn't found. It's all being fixed, and the new release is close. As for the guys that attacked you, there are some random bad guys around, but not too many neither too strong. Perhaps it's a side effect of another mod (unlikely, but it may happen).
fanfas
Developer

Post by fanfas »

I also reported those situations about some of the bad guys don't attack you, i only have TR installed so is not from another mod. But i think Theo or someone else told me that it was a problem with the version of the "random encounters " part that was merged with final beta file, i think the new one is already merged and so that problem shoud be fixed in the next release, hopefully.
MAP 3 -> Interiors
Map 3 -> Interior Fixing
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

I hope to get my hand on map 1 before it gets released so that I could clean some mess which is left there as old versions of my files have been merged (encounters and Gah Sadrith dialogue). Also, half of GS quests is completed and tested and all that remains to be done is that I get this new version and finish the job. I believe I could do it in 2 weeks.
BTW: The skullkeeper quite kicks ass, but this is on purpose as he guards the passage to south. Also high ranked Roamers are tough, but the other junkies should go quite well. And on Vvardenfel NPCs kiced my ass even when I was level 8.
THEO
Radnurag

Post by Radnurag »

I guess it's the wrong place to ask, but when will the next (debugged) version be released?

:D

just wondering...
Gez: "Intel's graphic chipsets suck big hairy sweaty manged donkey balls. Really, they are teh ultimate suck."
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

To quote Haplo on the official forum when last queried on that topic: "Happy new year!" :)
Whiteman

Pocket Guides 1&2

Post by Whiteman »

How come you have not added the Edler Scrolls Pocket Guides to the Tamriel Rebuilt Libary of books?? The first that came with the Redguard Edler Scrolls game, and the newest that was included within the Edler Scrolls Oblivion "The Collector's Edition.. I had tried to sent an writhen copy of both of these pocket guides books,, with all the needed pictures (pic)s the maps needed witch can be downloaded at the EDLER SCROLLS WEB LIBARY.. I do-not have the gracphical
skills or the tools needed.. Also I'had could not send the 12mb file that had all these files included.. So what up!!
Way not have the pocket guides..
Graff
Developer Emeritus

Re: Pocket Guides 1&2

Post by Graff »

Whiteman wrote:How come you have not added the Edler Scrolls Pocket Guides to the Tamriel Rebuilt Libary of books?? The first that came with the Redguard Edler Scrolls game, and the newest that was included within the Edler Scrolls Oblivion "The Collector's Edition.. I had tried to sent an writhen copy of both of these pocket guides books,, with all the needed pictures (pic)s the maps needed witch can be downloaded at the EDLER SCROLLS WEB LIBARY.. I do-not have the gracphical
skills or the tools needed.. Also I'had could not send the 12mb file that had all these files included.. So what up!!
I'm assuming you mean including them in OoT. One simple reason: Copyright.
[Maybe Not]Done With TR[Quite Yet]

Re: Pocket Guides 1&2

Post by Guest »

Whiteman wrote:How come you have not added the Edler Scrolls Pocket Guides to the Tamriel Rebuilt Libary of books?? The first that came with the Redguard Edler Scrolls game, and the newest that was included within the Edler Scrolls Oblivion "The Collector's Edition.. I had tried to sent an writhen copy of both of these pocket guides books,, with all the needed pictures (pic)s the maps needed witch can be downloaded at the EDLER SCROLLS WEB LIBARY.. I do-not have the gracphical
Then if Bethesda has the pocket guides Copyrighted.. Can someone on the Tamriel Rebuilt Modders Team ask Betheada if they cound make or release an TES3 and TES4 version...
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

You mean [url=http://til.gamingsource.net/pge/]that[/url]?