q1-53-Mis

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

q1-53-Mis

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Quest
Claim ID: TR_q1-53-Mis (#1141)
Faction: Misc
Parent claim: TR_1-37-Tel (#61)
Claimed by: Lud
Files: None

---

2 quests, very simple ones.

1)The Widow and the Sea
Gavis Arantam, the husband of Lliretha Arantam, has recently drowned at sea (mentioned in rumors, etc)
She asks you to go and find the place where he drowned and retrieve his ring which is an old family heirloom. She rewards you with a lucky amulet. Nothing spectacular here.

2)The price of wickwheat
Elammu Andrani needs to know what the going rate is for a sack of wickwheat in both Firewatch and Tel Ouada, so that he knows where to bring his crops to market. You have to ask any trader in both TO and FW about the price of wickwheat (any order) and bring this information back to Andrani. He rewards you with a disposition increase.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Submitted and merged with v0.17
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

These are the error reports for these quests:

The price of Wickwheat
Elammu still asks you if you have found out what the price of Wickwheat is after you have completed the quest(and if you decline the task to)
If you decline the task he will still ask you through dialog topics if you weant to do a task for him
Thats all in that one, no big surprise seeing as how small and simple that quest was.

"The price of wickwheat" Quest giver: Elammu Andrani
(this has been tested with the latest v0.20 .esp)
Easy and pretty much perfect, except for some small errors.
Elammu says:
Quote:
Yes, please find out what the going rate is for wickwheat in Tel Ouada and Firewatch
and the journal:
Quote:
I have agreed to find out the current price for a bag of wickwheat in Tel Ouada and in Firewatch
- lacks of a period at the end; and: the journal entry doesn't reports the name of the quest giver.
- Isn't "Sack" better than "Bag" in english?
In Tel Ouada, asking for the price of Wickwheat... - Again the journal entry doesn't reports the name of Dun Akhul. Journal:
Quote:
I have ascertained from a trader in Tel Ouada that the price for a large bag of Wickwheat is currently at four Septims. I must now find out their price in Firewatch.
- Since we are talking of the Wickwheat, "Its price" wouldn't better of "Their price"?
- Not related to the quest: "Firewatch, Brandir Zuubaal: General Supplies" has no banner outside;
- Brandir Zubaal doesn't sells Wickwheat: who has it in Firewatch? That would be pretty useful to control if what Brandir says matches with the real price in another shop.
- Elammu Andrani doesn't change his greeting when the quest has been completed and rewarded.
Then i would fix these things, and add a bit more of dialogue and journal text.
For the rest, it works good.

The widow and the sea
Everytime Gavis corpse is activated the "Your journal has been updated" message box pops up.
After finding the corpse of Gavis, i decided to go speak to Lliretha, and even though i don't even have the ring yet, her dialog seems to think that i have already given her the ring and completed the quest
There is no journal update when Vedram attacks or dies, i don't know if it was supposed to, but i think it should.
Ok, why is Vedram foolish enough to attack me with guards all around? shouldn't he just say something like "you will pay for this" and then try following you when you leave Bahrammu?(to kill you)

"The Widow and The Sea" Quest giver: Lliretha Arantam
- According to this screenshot, the title of the quest should be typed as the other vanilla titles (with "tall and low letters", so to speak in italian slang; check my own title here);
- The other NPCs in Bahrammu doesn't have dialogue / topics / hints about the quest;
- Gavis Arantam's corpse is a skeleton: i guess that he isn't dead from years, then isn't better to replace it with a dead male corpse? if this will be made, i would hide the corpse and the boat a bit more, so to make the quest more difficult;
- Everytime i touch Gavis' corpse, i get a "your journal has been updated" messagebox (but not other multiples journal entries, though).
If i kill Vedran Gavonir: - The journal updates only if the player has the Iron Tanto in his inventory; otherwise, i don't get any new entry. If i don't kill Vedran Gavonir: - He says: "I, i don't know what you're referring to?": this sentence sounds strange to me, it's a correct english spelling?
- Lliretha Arantam doesn't update the journal when i come back to her dwelling, to talk about what i have found new. She doesn't seems to have much new dialogue and topics, too;
- Completed the quest, i don't get any new journal entry. A good quest, but it needs some fixings and more dialogue for the quest giver and the other NPCs.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

This claim was merged as it was created, meaning that there is no esp.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Meh, might as well drop this, as the only file was merged into the main esp.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

So does that mean this is finished?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Repeat. Does that mean this was fixed/finished in it's form in the .esm?

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

??? theviking let me know if you find anything out from the most vaporware-ish member of TR

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Seeing as this is totally merged with the test file and it is hell to clean out, that problably means that I should fix the quests. (Since I want to have 1 person who updates the quest file) And sadly, I didn't hear from Ludovic yet, but I've sent him a pm.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

To review, it has been fixed and merged. As it already was merged...
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Approved: First I fixed it thrice and bloodthisty crustacean made the last fix.