8-7-For

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

This claim requires the claimer to submit a detailed proposal for the city.
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

CLAIMING

i don't have a detailed plan for the city yet, i'm not sure if i have to go trough the showcase in order to get OB claim and i yet have to dl OoT and group map, but i'm claiming this anyway... :]
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

you sound like the man for this job, but we would still like to see plans and the like.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

hmmm, it's hard to make plans without released arch. set [architecture is not yet part of OoT, right?], because main layout and landscape features depends mainly on what is possible to build with the set; but i'll try to think something up...
by posting useless junk on these forums you WON'T become a modder, only a spammer...
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

Check the modeling forum. There are pictures of much of the MC and LC house; and city walls. The UC won't be too different as far as scale and shape.
_________ E I
Claimed:.0 0
Review:...0 0
Finished:.2 5
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Granting

I'm sure your plan will be excellent when it is presented.
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

thanks haplo, i just returned from holidays and have some spare time, so i'll think something up...
by posting useless junk on these forums you WON'T become a modder, only a spammer...
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

month no update (and no log-on...) how goes this?
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I already PMed him. Talk to the head of exteriors first before you ask them about their claims, squirrely girly :-P
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

sorry for not posting, i was away -you know, it's summer :D
anyway, i'm currently going trough a few different layouts, figuring out which one works best with the arch-set and terrain. as soon as i choose one, i'll post some pics...
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

it *is* supose to be done in the thread haplo. protocol, psheesh :P and besides, dosent hurt to ask twice, especialy on an important claim like this.

good to hear that there is progres, exited to see what you work out :)
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Revoked. Three months since the user last logged on.
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

May I have this dance?
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

you sure may :)
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Aro throws a pack of new nifs straight into PoHa!s hands.

I updated the OoT. You can now plan out the streets of the city with sidewalks and build the LC and MC district. The key feature is the half-opened-city nature of this. Smash the big LC into the wall like on Sload's concept, and build that wall and then let me know what else do you need for the part that slices the city into the inner part and the dock part. kthx
PoHa: how can we best this trio of trouble? who will save us from this menace of sub-par models? what will we do?
PoHa: I know! we'll shoot an Aro at them
Aro: you have only one Aro missile!
PoHa: yes, but its heat seeking and quite possibly indestructible

How to do not become a modeller - by Stryker:
[00:13:]Stryker: no tutorial, no no no
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

[url=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/PoHaEiFor/Taneth/TanethMap.jpg]A tentative layout for the city.[/url] I'm planning out which is what and how, currently, and making sure it all makes sense.

If you can't tell from that map, the Upper class is in the Northwest, Middle class is in the Northeast, the Lower Class is in the Southeast, and the Fort/Palace/Castle/Keep/whatever is in the Southwest.

It is also in no way at all final; I drew it up without access to the my computer over the weekend. Post any concerns you have. :P
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

"You wiki'd my girlfriend?"
~Dexter
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

I assume, the 32 is one of the big ones LCs. I designed two bigasses. I would like to see both of them in Taneth, since they were made almost like exclusive for that city.
PoHa: how can we best this trio of trouble? who will save us from this menace of sub-par models? what will we do?

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Guilds and stuff will go with the fort/palace?

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Aro wrote:I assume, the 32 is one of the big ones LCs. I designed two bigasses. I would like to see both of them in Taneth, since they were made almost like exclusive for that city.
Erp. Yer, 32 was planned to be one of those buildings who are well endowed in the anal region, as a dock warehouse. I hadn't planned on using both of them, though... I might have a time thinking up what the other could be, actually.
Haplo wrote:Guilds and stuff will go with the fort/palace?
Hadn't planned it that way. They're some of the numbered buildings. I didn't think to mark the guilds as anything special when I marked it.

As a further note, I've come to realize that when I layed out the city in the CS (which I later based this map on), I was cutting the eastern edge off short by a cell. Which only means that more of those several LC buildings that I drew up (I knew from the get-go they wouldn't all fit) have a better chance of making it into the city. Yay for squalor!
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

This needs a sload approval for the amount of buildings.
Macar: At last, I have a coleague to work with.

Lady N: Jedak-of-all-trades
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

aro101 wrote:I assume, the 32 is one of the big ones LCs. I designed two bigasses. I would like to see both of them in Taneth, since they were made almost like exclusive for that city.
Say what? I've used them in Rihad!
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Well, if they fit Rihad, that's great. The point is, those ones wouldn't propably be made, if Sload wouldn't let me know about the ideas for Taneth.

Jedak, that's nonsense. Talking about amounts of buildings is lame, let them build those two great cities. The space is already defined with the claim, amounts do not need any kind of approval.

Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Jedak wrote:This needs a sload approval for the amount of buildings.
Sload approves of anything PoHa! does.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

Good... I was hoping for that answer :)

Listen, Aro, I wasn't trying to side by anything or try to limit Poha!'s creativity by adding limits, I was just trying to catch Sloads attention.

Finally there will be the 2nd and 3rd cities in oblivion.
Macar: At last, I have a coleague to work with.

Lady N: Jedak-of-all-trades
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

And I knew attention wasn't needed, Jedak.

And oblivion is b... Uh, nevermind.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Jedak wrote:*snip*
you do know sload isn't god, and actually has no power to limit anyone's city building. All compliance with sload is voluntary, though encouraged.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:
Jedak wrote:*snip*
you do know sload isn't god
HERESY!!!!!1!!!
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

TF's just jealous cause I got booty and he got squat.

HOEH!!!!

Everything has Sload's approval until he finds out about it.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

The other huge building could be used as a sort of apartment building for the people who have just enough money to stay off the streets.

And according to Sload (unless someone placed false memories in my mind while I was asleep) the MG should hang out in a manor. I'm going to assume that the manor had already existed before the MG but the former owner left for whatever reason. (Was he too traditionalistic, or even *gasp* a Crown? :wink:)
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I thought redguards didn't like magic. The redguard mage in Cheydinhals mages guild says that. I thought they should have a mediem building. Unless the ruler of Taneth does want give the MG a large building.
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

Just because they're unpopular doesn't mean they don't have money.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

Clavilla of taneth is as imperial as you can get. she hates the traditional ("backward") redguard ways and wants to make hammerfell a true imperial province. she therefore suports all kinds of imperial instutitions -- of wich the MG is one. dispelling (hehe, pun) the redguard's fear of magic would certainly be on her agenda.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

And the Redgaurds don't hate all types of magic in equal proportion. They despise illusion, conjuration and necromancy; are more apathetic towards alteration and destruction; and probably view alchemy and restoration in quite a positive light. They just view magic differently to the Imperials.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Alright, so an idea struck me, and I had to do it, since its so great that I had to do it. :P

So, it occurred to me, that the model department must be getting far too stress with all the requests for new models, fixes, and such, and I thought that I would do my part to help.

At the same time, I also wanted to make Hammerfell more unique and interesting; this is a fantasy game, after all.

Without further ado, I give you this, your first looks at the city of Taneth:

[url=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/PoHaEiFor/ForkedStreet.jpg]Pic 1[/url]
[url=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/PoHaEiFor/HoofAlley.jpg]Pic 2[/url]
[url=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/PoHaEiFor/HornTongueDocks.jpg]Pic 3[/url]

Now, before you start making quick judgments, give it a moment to sink in. THINK about it! By reusing this architecture in Taneth, we'll have a completely original view upon the city. It will make our own models more unique, and put less stress on our meshers at the same time!

Its also got great story implications; for instance, why is it snowy here, but no where else in Goldmoor? Where did they get all the wood for those houses? Was it smuggled in, or something far worse? I've already come up with several explanations, but I wanted to hear what everyone else thought too.
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

PoHa! wrote:I've already come up with several explanations, but I wanted to hear what everyone else thought too.
Please tell me there will also be a flying pyramid with Egyptian gods and chessboxing matches.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

its CLEARLY the fault of Cheese, the et-ada-edric god of booze, pie, and ofcourse fermented milk products. chessboxing matches are simply required. i call weat toast.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

I approve. In fact, I think this is how I really saw Taneth this whole time, I just never realized it until PoHa! unlocked it for me.

Beautiful work, as always!
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Well, thanks Sload. Its nice to have your support on this, though I didn't expect anyone to embrace it so wholeheartedly.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on the snow here? Like I said, I have my theories (obviously) but I wanted to hear your input too.
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Well, I think it makes sense if King Bamkanashbonbon (evil cousin of King Chittichibangang) had cursed the people of Taneth because they wouldn't let him kill their babies. I bet there could be a whole quest where you have to summon Frander Hungring's spirit from the dead to help you kill his malevolent cursed Awesome Frost Atronarch (AFA) in a giant dungeon under taneth, which he created from some magic snow he stole from the tongues in Skyrim.

That would be so cool!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Um could we cut the bullshit? Kay, thanks.