i8-1-For

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Unlocking to make work for our Oblivion modders.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Re-unlocked
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

Great, I'd have to get used to the Oblivion engine since I haven't made anything official with it yet, but I think I can pull this off. I was thinking of a partially collapsed mine maybe even with unstable parts still there which can collapse when you get close or move some rock, but I'll just have to figure out how much of this is possible.

Any way, please grant this :D
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Grantifying. Welcome back, mate :-D
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

Ok, a little progress update. Still getting used to the new engine and tileset and found out the new tilesets need much more attention to textures lining up. But I got the entire skeleton in place now and most lighting is done. Next is the detailing, crates and such and adding some scripts, probably collapses or so.

Please, if some people are willing to take a look, do so. My first interior for Oblivion so I could use some feedback. Note that this is not made to be a carbon copy or a mine very similar to the ones in the original. I've used most of the same tileset obviously, though mixed with some other statics, but used them in another way. Hope you like it, if you think i went over the top at some point please say so.
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

You mentioning getting the tile textures lining up made me cringe...

Anyways, I like the interesting use of statics. For the most part, I think they pay off pretty well.

As per lighting, I think there's too many lights. I've read that having several different light sources hitting the same objects can hurt the framerate, and some of your lights here seem somewhat unnecessary anyways. Which isn't to say that I don't like the way the cave is lit. The technique is what bugs me. (For instance, I noticed a corner which had a light bulb and a lantern in pretty close proximity; deleting the bulb showed little change)

The 'bar' in the depths of the mines looked somewhat out of place to me.

Couldn't you use MShortJoist01 instead of MWall02 to hold up those planks for the miners beds? (lower polys, same result)
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

"You wiki'd my girlfriend?"
~Dexter
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

Thought the same thing about the bar (hated it actually) but couldn't find a matching table or anything similar. I think I'll use crates instead, just thought of that possibility this morning. The MShortJoist01 has see-through ends which may be hard to cover up, but i'll take a look. Should at least be possible in that one corner.

On the lights, I like the actual mine look with plenty of lights in the hallways. I don't think I used 2 actual light sources (sconces/minelamps) close to each other. What I did was add a larger radius ambient light straight above every mine lamp or iron scone I used to get some eerie ambient lighting but still make it have an obvious source. I don't like the no-source ambient lighting in the original game. The current lighting is just enough to get round, with less the miners will have to use torches. The mine is not haunted or anything so there's no need for eerie lighting.
angelus6
Reviewer

Post by angelus6 »

How's it coming Vegor? any updates?
On a concrete cross you fall
Both a martyr to your cause and mine

[url=http://angelus6.110mb.com/3dMaxGallery.html][img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3307/newsig01zv0.jpg[/img][/url]
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

Still about the same, haven't done much on it. I'm very busy with other things (obviously) but plan to finish this some time. If it really needs finishing quick some time, please PM me about it, I'll get it done.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

any updates?
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

revoking due to inactivity. WIP should be usable as vegor tends not to suck.
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I want to try this.
It will be my first oblivion claim.
i'll use vegors wip.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

*Generic grant and well wishing message*
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

How or with what do I clutter this mine to make it more interesting?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

broken crates, traps, rocks, that sort of thing. Look at the bethmade ccaves for inspiration.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

Vegor did a good work. Once I have the pc with OB, I'll look a last time at that claim, before I submit. What kind of enemies are there?
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I hope its good enough.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

review tiem
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

holy ballz, this int is huge (for my taste). over all, i realy liked it however. the design was good and there were some very interesting parts.

fixed a couple of minor floaters. 9.5/10 :)
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
angelus6
Reviewer

Post by angelus6 »

rofl. you posted that while i was reviewing ^^ ahh well
On a concrete cross you fall
Both a martyr to your cause and mine

[url=http://angelus6.110mb.com/3dMaxGallery.html][img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3307/newsig01zv0.jpg[/img][/url]
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

take the others for me ;)

(as in do another review on the ones i did initials on)
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Approving.