Map 2 NPC Claim #8 [arvisrend]

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Here you go IP. Use this file.
Attachments
TR_Map_2 -Necrom.rar
(3.62 MiB) Downloaded 102 times
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

I would like to claim this.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Already claimed by you :-P

You may want to consider deleting the dialogue and starting over... it might be easier and less messier. Your call, though.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Impi, for the quests in this one, it would be nice if you could try and tone down (however 'counter-intuitive' it might seem, though it's not unlike a modeller providing low-res textures for us) the unique responses you offer to the player as choices. I only noticed them in your other claim too late to change anything, and then you kinda vanished for a while so I never brought it up.

In any case, it isn't really the Morrowind way to put too many words into the players mouth (especially the low-level s/m stuff you had going on with the slave; or perhaps worse, the Airplane gag). So keep choices to the bare minimum. There are few cases where a 'Continue' isn't all that's needed.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

No problem, the dialog in Sailen was perhaps indeed a bit extravagant.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Tomaril Manor needs a bit of exterior work to be less huge and bad. Are you up for doing this IP?
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Hey IP, I can rework the Tomaril ext if you want. Is there another file I should use, or I could just send you the Tomaril cell and you can merge it back in with yours?

edit: actually, I can work off the last file posted, since the interior of Tomaril is getting redone anyway, and I'm only touching that one cell.

some screens of what Tomaril should be:

[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9277/tomaril2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2790/tomaril3.jpg[/img]

The manor should be separated into two parts. The bottom tower that you enter from ground level should be one separate cell. This is a three story, or four with a basement, building, and should be able to be done in one cell (unless you want the basement separate or something). The upper portion is reached via the exterior stairs and could be one, two, or even three cells, depending on how you want to split it up. These should just be two standalone structures, one above the other.

Simple, and shouldn't be more than 4-5 cells.

Map for further clarification:

[img]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3674/tomaril.jpg[/img]
Last edited by Tyrion on Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Here's the redone Tomaril Manor cell. It's just the one cell, and should replace the old Tomaril cell, so clean that one out and merge this one back in. An interior claim or two can be made to suit. I posted a map and screens in the previous post.
Attachments
Clean TR_Map_2 -Necrom-Tomaril.esp
(63.22 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

I quite like it, however:

I thought waterfalls shouldn't just stop somewhere and start further down the rocks again...looks a bit strange as well, actually.
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

I didn't touch the water features as that was not my concern.

That happens plenty of other places as well, realistic water features don't work very well with Morrowind.

Plus I think you may not be seeing the whole feature if you're just looking at that cell.

immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

Dip the W(h)IP
Attachments
TR_Map_2 -Necrom.rar
(3.61 MiB) Downloaded 98 times
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Oh no! This needs an update today!

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

This needs an update asap.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Moved to Unclaimed.

immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

Sorry for the late response, I have exams this and next week so my attention was focused elsewhere. Realistically I won't be able to contribute to this claim or the other claim until two weeks from now, so yeah if someone else with more time claims this that's perfectly fair.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

This file has some changes I made to Akamora in it. I think they're for the better: I altered some pathways by the cliff paths to be less awkward and look better. Includes new Tomaril Manor, which needs some interior adjustments I think.
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

needs some interior adjustments I think.
I reviewed the interior based on the new exterior and I think it matches quite well. After adding some windows, that is.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

why did you rename this

why do people rename things

keep the file names or gtfo

seriously

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

It was because I merged :P
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

Merged what? I don't understand, why does this latest version of M2 detailing claim 8 contain stuff from other detailing claims such as 4? Its kind of confusing trying to test it all...
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I merged Tomaril back in.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

cire992 wrote:I don't understand, why does this latest version of M2 detailing claim 8 contain stuff from other detailing claims such as 4? Its kind of confusing trying to test it all...
Because the remainders of those other claims were merged in once Antediluvian Secrets was released?
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

No, Theo did it ages back (see p.4) to do border matching, and the problem is that it's impossible to re-split claims once dialogue and lots of unique objects (like NPCs) have been introduced. It's a bit of a mess, unfortunately.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Tentatively claimed by me for NPCs and Quests.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

The return of the Grant.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

What is currently being done here?
What still needs to be done here?
Is there any way we can get what needs to be done finished faster?
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

This claim really only needs some tweaking as far as I'm concerned. There's a lot of NPC stuff done although the vast majority of it is very unique to each NPC as opposed to the usual, more generic structure. I'm not sure if this is a problem or not, it will certainly make this area more interesting for players but it also might stand out in comparison to other parts of the map. I can work on finishing it but I still haven't finished learning NPC dialoguing yet so it's going to take some time. Some quests appear to be done but I don't know questing at all, so that might want looking at by someone else.

Again, this is only tentatively claimed. I'm still looking it over and learning NPC stuff. If anybody else has the urge to work on it, by all means, take it away! This can also be kept in unclaimed as far as I'm concerned.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Massie, if you could think about getting this one to a state where it's at the very least clean and playable to your knowledge (should just be a matter of cleaning out junk rather than adding anything new), then post up that file and I or someone else will hopefully be able to take it from there for the quests and new dialogue. I might have some free time in a month or so where I can take a look at this.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

MSam
Developer

Post by MSam »

Hey Massalinie, I've talked it over a bit with TF and Haplo, and I wouldn't mind taking this claim - providing you don't want to work on it, of course.

I'm happy to do it as long as someone keeps an eye on the progress and tells me exactly what is what and what I need to do.
"Thank you to the Makers of Rules. To the Breakers of Backs. To the sincere Autocrats. To the false Democrats. To the Builders of Walls. To the Painters of Lines. To those who Tattoo Numbers. To those who point fingers. To those who count their greed. To those who split by colour. To those who smile their lies.

Thank you so very much."
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Definitely take it if you want to work on it, actually I'd appreciate it. I think this is quite beyond me tbh.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

claim ownership transferred.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Sam, re: advice, I can definitely give you pointers if you care to PM me/post here with any questions. Alternatively, if you post WIPs, I can try and give them a check over.

Generally, check the guides that are floating around the place, and check existing (finished) NPC claims.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

MSam
Developer

Post by MSam »

I've looked through it, and all the interiors have NPCs (if they are needed). The bottom right of the map needs a few more creatures but other than that it's pretty well covered - I've avoided creatures on the roads because they're usually annoying.

I'm not sure what's going on here:
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/SamBoyd/tomaril.jpg

Any advice on what to do here would be appreciated!

This is hard work because it's killing my computer to move. Derp.
"Thank you to the Makers of Rules. To the Breakers of Backs. To the sincere Autocrats. To the false Democrats. To the Builders of Walls. To the Painters of Lines. To those who Tattoo Numbers. To those who point fingers. To those who count their greed. To those who split by colour. To those who smile their lies.

Thank you so very much."
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Double click that extra door marker and see what interior door is linking there.

MSam
Developer

Post by MSam »

It's the second floor of 'Tomaril Manor, Retainer Housing' - there's a door but there's not one on the otherside.

I talk to TF about this in chat the other day, and he suggested that there was a new interior made, and perhaps it wasn't merged in?

Thank you so very much."
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

No, I think the new interior hasn't been merged in yet.

[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/claims/485/TR_i2-231-Ind_Thrignar%20Fraxix_1.esp]:v[/url] Click the smiley!

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

MSam, if it's intensive on your PC, try putting the CS view distance down. Should help.
MSam
Developer

Post by MSam »

I've got some good news and bad news. You can decide which is which.

My musical got picked up and is now going to be played on campus. It's a stupid musical but everyone is really excited for it.

It'll be sucking up a lot (and I mean, a lot) of time up until around August.

I will work on this whenever I've got ultra spare time, but it's going to slow down a lot...

Meanwhile, yeah, all NPCs are placed and the creatures are almost finished too - I don't know how to merge interiors into this one since it already has one. :P But if I finish the creatures and merge it in, should I just upload for someone else to finish?

And thanks for the tip, Aeven!

Thank you so very much."
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

MSam wrote:But if I finish the creatures and merge it in, should I just upload for someone else to finish?
That may be a good idea. Others could also probably merge the interior in for you. Also, good luck with your musical. Break a leg or two.

The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Maybe I could do some work on this in the meantime? I'm pretty much done with Necrom now but I want to help get SE out as soon as possible.
Warning: may contain large amounts of sarcasm.

Myzel- We never actually see slaves working on Vvardenfell either. They're always just standing there. If you ask me they deserve a good whipping.