Map 2 NPC Claim #8 [arvisrend]

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Oh, btw, somebody gotta rename the cell "Akamora, Tiranat-Payrs Egg mine" (Parys is misspelt).

bold=fixed
Last edited by arvisrend on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I have a good amount of free time due to Spring Break so I'll reclaim this to fix the stuff arvisrend didn't get to and perhaps get a quest or two done.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Yay :-)
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Yay! :slavedriver:
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

unless you've got a better spring break than the rest of us, you're back in classes now. Anything to report? Are you still going to have time to work on this with classes back in session?
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I was actually planning on updating tonight TF :D

Dun Akafell has been repopulated per BC's suggestion and I've also done some general polishing here and there.

I haven't had as much time or motivation to work on this as I thought I would but I can still continue with it unless there's someone else who thinks they can get this thing to completion quicker.
Last edited by Yeti on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Excellent, so what exactly is left to do in here?
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

There shouldn't be too much left besides general error-checking. Then work can begin on quests, for which I believe the idea is to split them into smaller claims.

Edit: Actually, the only big things I can think of that need to be done are:

1. Making beds rentable at the Inn Between and the inn in Akamora.
2. Fixing the exterior errors Arvisend found in Akamora (I'm probably not capable of doing these properly, seeing as I'm not an exterior modder).
3. Giving the file a thorough cleaning, which, considering it has TRMainland as a dependency, might be complicated and I don't feel %100 confident about what should be cleaned and what shouldn't.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Yeti, are you sure you have posted the right file? When I load it ingame, I get the following error message:

Unable to locate Ownership NPC 'CLEAN TR_M3_Gidan Golor' for object 'in_velothismall_ndoor_01' in cell 'Akamora, Temple'.

This is seriously WTF for the reason that cleaning a file should not normally rename NPCs (or were there two NPCs of the same name?). And it should not remove them either. I don't see any Gidan Golor in the file, and I suspect it was there. This reeks somewhat of file corruption, although I hope it is something less sinister.

Other than that, there is this thing:

TR_M2A8.esp 3/26/2012 (03:00) skraeling in_MH_int_corner_04 Akamora, The Laughing Goblin 3520 3680 -256 "noticeably misplaced (large creek visible)"

and the fact that the too-steep ladder/door combo in the same cell is not fixed. Both of these make me think that you posted some temporary version instead of the newest one.

Once the situation with the file gets cleared up I can do both 1 and 2. Dialogue for topic "beds":

TR_m2_Revas Baldaren (Inn Between):
Glad I could help you. It is one of the three chambers on the lowest level - the offside one. It will be to your right when you come from the staircase; not one of the two rooms facing the stairs. It is somewhat hard to find, but it is a quiet place for that reason.

TR_m2_Liuba Onamas:
It is yours then. The rearmost room in the lower level; you should go down the two staircases and then follow the long corridor until its end.

Also, about the dialogue bugs, I can't really fix them since I don't know what the dialogue should be.
Last edited by arvisrend on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

Arvis, the name that is missing has been clearly tagged for cleaning out. The errors you are getting are from the fact that the removed NPC was not cleared from the ownership data. Not file corrupting, just slight sloppiness. Shouldn't even matter after a saving again.
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I remember cleaning out that NPC along with a few others but only because they didn't have any references in-game, so I thought they were just junk npcs left over from when someone else had the file.

This is probably an indicator that I shouldn't be trying to clean this file :lol:

Anyway, should I post the file before I cleaned it or is it, like Andres suggested, something easily fixed?

And avrisend, I didn't get around to fixing that interior but I'll definitely get to in my next file.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Ah, okay. So it was intention to remove the NPC. Very well then.

Yeti, if you can do the int fix, please do it, since you are probably better at it than I am. Once you are done, it is a matter of minutes for me to make the beds rentable, and a matter of hours to fix the exteriors. I can't help with cleaning, though.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I would recommend posting a file with as much stuff done as possible. That way I can clean it out for you and ask about anything I'm not sure about. It's better to leave things in and clean them out once all files have been put together, than to prematurely clean things out without knowing exactly what they go to.

And yes, it looks like any entry in the CS which includes "CLEAN" or "Delete" or "Remove" should be removed either from within the CS or with TESAME at some point. :-)

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

So Yeti, will you please fix that interior and post a file so this can move along? Alternatively, say you aren't going to fix that interior so someone else can do it.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I'll post a file here tonight.

Sorry for the delay, I blame my biology class :lol:
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Also Yeti, you know the settlements here better than me: would you be able to throw out an estimate of where the questing situation's at? How many needed per place?

Did you have any preliminary ideas for quests whilst writing the characters here?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I posted a lot of this a few pages back, but here it is again for convenience.

M2A8 NPC Claim Quest Plans

1 quest for Ayemar

1 quest that involves both Erethan plantation and Hleris (since both are owned by the same guy)

2-3 quests for Akamora

1 quest that involves Dun Akafell and The Inn Between

Here are some full quest plans that I’ve thought up for this. Some of the specifics could use some touching up, but I think the overall ideas should be good.

Quest Location: Ayemar: an Indoril fortress south of Helnim, right on the border with the Telvanni.

Hlorgir Firm-Hand the Nord is being held in a prison cell at Ayemar for smuggling mazte. When the player speaks to him he will express his frustration at being held captive. He will explain how he used to be a simple fisherman before he was duped into helping a group of smugglers. Now he wants revenge on them for leaving him as their “fall guyâ€Â￾ and getting him into the situation in the first place.

Hlorgir will give the player two smugglers to track down. He’ll tell the player that they could likely be found either at his shack along the coast or an abandoned shack located to the south. The player will find them at the second location.

After the player kills the smugglers Hlorgir will ask the player to help free him. The player can help him by paying his fines to the Indoril leader of Ayemar (The player could also find some evidence that proves Hlorgir is innocent). If the player does this Hlorgir will return to his seaside shack. There he will give the player an enchanted item, saying that he’d found it washed up on shore many years ago.

Quest Location: Akamora: a large egg mining settlement built into the cliffs of the surrounding mountains.

Rilas Dralethan is a noble in Akamora who collects gems and rocks. He is currently interested in retrieving a rare gem from the ruins of Dun Akafell. He already sent a mercenary to look for it but hasn’t heard back from him, so he’ll send the player to investigate.

The player will find the corpse of the mercenary somewhere in Dun Akafell and evidence that points towards someone killing him for the gem. Rilas will suspect that a rival of his –the merchant named Vedaves Vedrel- was behind it and will send the player to break into his house. The player will find the gem somewhere inside.

The gem should have some sort of story that connects it to the legend of a dragon who used to live at Dun Akafell.

Now here are some general ideas that can be made into quests.

Erethan plantation and Hleris

Background: Drelom Erethan is the owner of both Erethan Plantation and the impoverished underground bloatspore mining settlement of Hlersis. He’s currently mourning the death of his wife and won’t leave his manor. Thadas Erethan is his son, who was sent to run Hlersis as punishment for breaking a statue of his mother. He believes that Hlersis isn’t a worthy place for him and badly wants to leave.

Quest Ideas:

Maybe a quest that involves Thadas trying to win back his father’s favor?

It should be noted that Thadas doesn’t know why his father is angry with him. Part of the quest can be about him asking the player to find out the reason he was sent to Hlersis.

One of the slaves in Hlersis is infected with some sort of disease. Maybe this can somehow be included in the quest?

Akamora

Here are some latest rumors from Akamora that can be turned into quests:

“I hear Rolam Salenith and Daryos Varen are still losing money on Varen-Salenith Egg Mine. I can't say I feel particularity bad for that S'wit Daryos, but it's a shame Rolam got swindled into being his partner.â€Â￾

“Ainab Guls' behavior is really becoming bizarre. One day he's friendly and sociable and the next he's irritable and reclusive. No one wants to be around him and his only company nowadays is the Breton slave woman he keeps.â€Â￾

Perhaps, for the second rumor, the quest-giver can be the slave? Since Ainab Guls is a sorcerer, maybe some sort of enchanted object can be behind his strange behavior. The guy is a former Telvanni, so maybe someone from his past who has a grudge against him is behind it.

Dun Akafell + The Inn Between
or maybe just The Inn Between

Maybe something to do with the vampire hunter there since the nearby ruins of Dun Akafell are now filled with vampires? Perhaps he's looking for a specific vampire (I placed a particularly badass one in the basement of the "Forsaken Manor")Some other character at the inn include a pompous Redguard duelist, and an Imperial mercenary who's hiding at the inn because people in Akamora want him dead. There's also an Orc from the Fighter's Guild who is having trouble, but he would fit better in a Fighter's Guild faction quest. There's also a feisty Breton barmaid who could be used in a quest.

It probably be best to keep these quests simple, just for the sake of time and avoiding bugs.

Anyway, here’s the file. Hopefully it doesn’t have a lot of mistakes that I missed.
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

Considering Hlersis, [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=20901]q2-15[/url] might be worth mentioning. The pending design forums might have more, but this is all I remembered, due to writing a silly Hlersis quest, because Hlersis is one of my dearest children. I have no idea what dialogue and the like has done to it though. I only created and NPCd it.
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Claiming for fixing stuff and adding beds.

Is it okay if I move the wine cellar of "Akamora, The Laughing Goblin" (by the way, I know how to fix the creek) to the other side of the corridor? My altmer character cannot get into the cellar even if both door and doorjamb(!) are disabled; this is because there is not enough space between staircase and ceiling. The only way I see to fix this without messing up the geometry is by moving the cellar to the other side (where I've got all the space I want).

Oh, and I'll fix the northmarker in that int as well.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

arvisrend: yes. (and granted)

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

OK, I need some help here. I have tried to fix the wine cellar of "Akamora, The Laughing Goblin", but unless I just remove the lower door (and doorjam), whatever I add just keeps creating new ugliness. Attached are two files for comparison - one before I started working on that thing (TR_M2A8withoutcellar.esp) and one after (TR_M2A8withcellar.esp) and tell me whether what I have done is leading me anywhere (note that I'm unable to move the wine cellar to the other side of the corridor, as the MH/Indoril tileset is not flexible enough). I'd like to know this before I continue fixing stuff.

In both ESP's, beds are rentable, but I have not started fixing exts yet.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I would just remove the doorjam and door unless they're necessary for some reason.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Arvis, once this file is in a finalised state, post up your file and questing can begin using the same procedure I outlined in the Necrom thread.

P.s., if you want to take some yourself (which would be great, and these are all easy miscs hopefully), try and keep your dialogue a little more concise than in your Acre of Meris claim: no dialogue, especially for a misc claim, should have more than 3 "continues". :P
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

EDIT: oops, wrong one!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:Arvis, once this file is in a finalised state, post up your file and questing can begin using the same procedure I outlined in the Necrom thread.

P.s., if you want to take some yourself (which would be great, and these are all easy miscs hopefully), try and keep your dialogue a little more concise than in your Acre of Meris claim: no dialogue, especially for a misc claim, should have more than 3 "continues". :P
No single dialogue entry in a miscellaneous quest should have more than one continue tbh, unless it's a very elaborate multi-part quest

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

bold=fixed

Final version. Final does not mean bug-free; here is some stuff you will have to do, since I am unsure about the quality of some of my work:

Leave "Akamora, The Laughing Goblin" through the main door, and turn right. Try to improve [url=http://imgur.com/LzK65]the transition between TR_terr_WG_cliff_03, TR_ex_ind_plat02 and EX_MH_steps_01[/url]. Go further and decide whether [url=http://imgur.com/6eRQN]the makeshift in_MH_int_column_01's that connect the overarching EX_MH_pavilion_gates[/url] look awful; also, look out for bugs on both sides of the stairway.

There is also a bug inside The Laughing Goblin that I wasn't able to fix without introducing new ugliness: [url=http://imgur.com/rEvYt]this thing in the wine cellar[/url]. Does someone see a way to fix that without re-introducing the doorjamb?

Then, there are the dialogue things I have already mentioned:

Topic "The Inn Between" answer I bought this place from the former owner, a %PCRace by the name of Otik. [...]: Who is Otik, why does he have no back story and why is he bound to have the same race as the player?

Topic "The Inn Between" answer A wonderful place! I've been there many times while on missions. It's a First-rate inn in every way; great company, plenty of booze, and the best spiced potatoes you'll find in all of Tamriel! This answer is conditioned by Faction=TR_FightersGuild. I don't like the idea of all Fighters' Guild members have the same answer of this kind; it looks like from an advertisement leaflet.

And finally, probably just as easily done by a quester:

TR_M2A8.esp 3/31/2012 (18:57) skraeling in_mold_rock_04 Kodasha Egg Mine, Underground River 1530 4120 -588 This whole cave, and particularly this nice hideout, offers way too little loot. There should be really something interesting here.

And of course, the file needs cleaning.

@BC, Haplo: I'd love to be able to write concise dialogue, but I am already happy when I am able to write any dialogue at all...
Attachments
TR_M2A8.esp
(10.06 MiB) Downloaded 164 times
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Otik is a kindly bald Imperial fellow whose personality is best described as one based upon fatherly instinct. The faction filter also is erroneous and also can be fixed by me during cleaning, along with the loot thing.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Here we go, arvisrend's stuff fixed and much more clean now :-)

Question:

Is there supposed to be only one guard (a female) in Akamora? I notice TR_ind_AkamoraPatrolG_f is used once and TR_ind_AkamoraPatrolG_m is not used at all.

Following list is of NPCs which aren't placed which are marked as modified by this file. I'm not sure whether they are going to be placed later or if they should be cleaned out:

TR_m2_Alone-She-Hunts
TR_m2_Balvar_Sovorin
TR_m2_Llena_Baran
TR_m2_O_Drud
TR_m2_O_Emensette
TR_m2_O_Jonas
TR_m2_O_Ned
TR_m2_S_Ah-Masei
TR_m2_Taren_Vedrel
TR_M3_Adrend Salas
TR_M3_Farvam Ienith
TR_M3_Lloris_Othrenim

Also I've renamed the file to its proper name ever since the name was changed erroneously.
Attachments
TR_Map_2 -Necrom.rar
(3.69 MiB) Downloaded 159 times

Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Haplo wrote: Is there supposed to be only one guard (a female) in Akamora? I notice TR_ind_AkamoraPatrolG_f is used once and TR_ind_AkamoraPatrolG_m is not used at all.
Those were there when I got the file. I thought having unique guards for the city was wierd, so I replaced them with normal Indoril guards, but I guess I missed one. You can clean them out.

Haplo wrote: Following list is of NPCs which aren't placed which are marked as modified by this file. I'm not sure whether they are going to be placed later or if they should be cleaned out:

TR_m2_Alone-She-Hunts
TR_m2_Balvar_Sovorin
TR_m2_Llena_Baran
TR_m2_O_Drud
TR_m2_O_Emensette
TR_m2_O_Jonas
TR_m2_O_Ned
TR_m2_S_Ah-Masei
TR_m2_Taren_Vedrel
TR_M3_Adrend Salas
TR_M3_Farvam Ienith
TR_M3_Lloris_Othrenim
TR_m2_Alone-She-Hunts and TR_m2_S_Ah-Masei are my npcs and can be cleaned. For the rest, I'd check to make sure they aren't from TR_Mainland first, but then there shouldn't be any problems with cleaning them out.

Also, just to remind everyone, this file still needs 3-4 quest-plans. I only posted two complete plans along with some suggestions for what could be done for the others.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Why call the file "Necrom"?

Also, I'd be careful with adding guards to Akamora. They would block the already-narrow paths, and often fall down from the cliffs. I'd place them only in the big plazas and give them a very small wander radius.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

you mis read, the file is Map 2 - (minus) Necrom
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

New file with those extra NPCs cleaned out.
Attachments
TR_Map_2 -Necrom.rar
(3.72 MiB) Downloaded 145 times

Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

bold=fixed

Some things I noticed in Akamora (damn nice city) while testing the trees:

TR_Map_2 -Necrom.esp
EX_MH_steps_01 Akamora (30,-11)
251140 -86046 4021
"You get stuck at the top of these stairs"

TR_Map_2 -Necrom.esp
furn_planter_04 Akamora (30,-11)
251904 -86046 4210
"Partial floating"

TR_Map_2 -Necrom.esp
furn_planter_04 Akamora (30,-11)
250826 -89923 3088
"can't pass through there, needs to move a bit"

TR_Map_2 -Necrom.esp
EX_MH_window_01 Akamora (30,-12)
251902 -90804 3877
"window bleeds building"
--Mwgek--
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

This is now the only claim left for SE that needs quests. Let some ideas so we can get this done people!
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:Let some ideas so we can get this done people!
Please see Yeti's post further up.

Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

bold=fixed
Tomaril Manor:

In the entrance hall the balcony is blocking 1 way. You can go around it though, but it looks weird.

TR_Map_2 -Necrom.esp
in_MH_ramp_01 (When you walk up te ramp you see emptiness in between them.)
Tomaril Manor, Guard Tower, Lower Levels
-960 -767 -128
"not grid snapped properly, and the rooms down here are not that easy to enter with the things right in front of the door"

TR_Map_2 -Necrom.esp
Furn_De_r_Table_09
Tomaril Manor, Manor House
294 -938 669
"can't move through here, need to move a bit"

TR_Map_2 -Necrom.esp 4/2/2012 (12:25)
In_MH_door_02
Tomaril Manor, Manor House
768 -416 512
"door doesn't close fully, maybe that's supposed to be like this?"

Misc:

TR_Map_2 -Necrom.esp
terrain_rock_wg_02
Dun Akafell Aqueducts
(26,-13) 214650 -105909 3160
"caspering"

Not sure about this last thing if it is still in your claim. Map says wilderness :/..

TR_Map_2 -Necrom.esp
ex_ropebridge_2048_01
Wilderness (26,-8) 213741 -61810 2568
"The water under the bridge has no way out, so you need to use console or have a levitation potion with you"
--Mwgek--
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Haplo wrote:Please see Yeti's post further up.
ok
Yeti wrote:Also, just to remind everyone, this file still needs 3-4 quest-plans. I only posted two complete plans along with some suggestions for what could be done for the others.
I'd brainstorm something if I could.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Here's a rough outline for a quest for Akamora, feel free to improve upon it.

Ainab Guls is a former Telvanni sorcerer who has settled in Akamora after leaving House Telvanni for religious reasons (he was raised as a Temple believer in Ranyon-ruhn). Normally a friendly and sociable, he has been suffering from strange mood swings recently, which has made the life of his slave, Fasele, quite unbearable. She wants you to investigate into the cause of his mood swings. She says that some days ago a man came in to get the enchantment on an item fixed. The player will be given a description of the man which will lead him to Reram Vares who is currently located in the The Laughing Goblin.

Reram Vares is actually a Telvanni Retainer. If the player presses him enough he will admit to giving Ainab an enchanted object of drain personality as payback for Ainab Guls leaving the Telvanni (He couldn’t kill him because that would draw too much attention from the Indoril. Since he doesn't want to get in trouble with the guards, he'll tell the player what the enchanted object looks like so that the player can go remove it from Ainab Gul's house, which will return him to normal.

Also, Andres's old quest plan seems good enough to include:
Keeping a cats paws dry or a much better name.

Thadas Erethan asks our good old %PCName to ask S'Baadar, who appears to be slacking off, to get back to work. Talking to S'Baadar reveals, that S'Badaar is afraid of water and it appears that his boat accidentally went upside down. S'Badaar had hidden on some rocks near the boat and is not willing to swim back to the platforms. S'Badaar tells %PCName that the only way to get him to follow %PCName to the platforms, would be through supplying S'Badaar with a Potion Of Water Walking. Of course, after giving him the potion he would actually get a standard water walking ability, that is supplied for NPCs who have the tendency of following %PCName. Once S'Badaar has been delievered back to Thadas Erethan, Thadas gives %PCName some gold and some bloat as a reward. All praise %PCName, keeper of dry paws!
Edit: Here's one for Erethan Plantation.

Midave Llarys want’s the player to look into the disappearance of a slave from Erethan Plantation. Since the slave was last seen in the southern fields, he will ask the player to ask Pedivur, a Breton alchemist who lives in a tower to the south of the plantation if she knows anything about it (Midave would ask her himself, but doesn’t have the time and thinks that another outlander would have more luck talking to her.

Pedivur will tell the player that she knows nothing about the slave. However she will tell the player that she noticed a strange man creeping around the area near the plantation from her tower and that she noticed the man heading off in a northeastern direction from the plantation. Because she saw him on more than one occasion, she assumes he must be living in a cave in the area.

If the player searches the area he/she will find that a Telvanni Necromancer has turned it into a lair and has abducted the Argonian slave Skeeme to use in his experiments. The player can rescue Skeeme and escort him back to Erethan Plantation or let him go free once exiting the cavern. The player doesn’t have to kill the necromancer but he’ll be rewarded extra by Midave Llarys if he does.

All that's needed now is a quest for The Inn Between and maybe one more quest for Akamora.

Also, none of these quests have names yet, but I'm sure you guy's can come up with good ones for them. :))
Last edited by Yeti on Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

bold=fixed
When I start the game, I get these:

Region 'Mephala Valley' Weather Chances do not total 100 percent.

Unable to locate Ownership NPC 'TR_m2_Taren Vedrel' for object 'In_MH_door_01' in Cell 'Akamora, Vedaves Vedrel's House'.

As for the quest ideas, I slightly dislike the second for not having a punchline, but it is probably intentional that not every quest have one... The first one could do with some more interesting enchantments than a simple Drain Personality. Drain and Fortify Personality, Drain and Fortify Willpower, Drain and Fortify Intelligence all on one object would be more appropriate. Although it cannot be any of the normal enchantment types (on touch/on target/constant effect), since Reram is to examine the object, not to wear it.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

arvisrend wrote:
Unable to locate Ownership NPC 'TR_m2_Taren Vedrel' for object 'In_MH_door_01' in Cell 'Akamora, Vedaves Vedrel's House'.
TR_m2_Taren Vedrel was one of the unused NPCs Haplo cleaned from the file.

Also, I've editted my post with a new quest.