Secrets of the Kragen [Ready for BoT] [Added OB]

Place where in-game literature is written and developed.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Arthmodeus
Developer

Secrets of the Kragen [Ready for BoT] [Added OB]

Post by Arthmodeus »

Secrets of the Kragen
A Collection of Quotes and Observations of Fang Lair by the Local Population

by Artoranno, chief historian of Sentinel

For millenia, the imposing sihlouette of the colossal spires of Fang Lair have left many a traveler awestruck. The brass roofing reflects the morning sun, shines radiantly during midday and fades to a deep blue hue in the evening. Since many are entranced with its beauty, it is easy to forget the common farmers and travelers that reside around it. I have traveled to Northeastern Hammerfell on many occasions and have conducted numerous interviews with the local population. I have compiled these interviews into one convenient reference book.

"I tell you, I saw it--a golden dragon the size of a cloud and fierce as the soul of Talos himself! It perched on top of one of them gold towers. I did what any sensable man would do and ran back to my barn and grabbed my huntin' bow. But when I came out it was gone. Those ruins are cursed, they are." -Breton Farmer (name omitted by request)

"Those ruins? Built by a lost Dwarven clan, they say. I never pay attention to any of this Tamrielic history business. I've never really explored the ruins, but every now and then I spot Dwarven gears laying about the mountains and once I even felled one of those metal soldiers of theirs." -Brad, a Redguard hunter

"It's called Fang Lair 'cause of the many towers that jut out the ground like the jagged teeth of a dragon. And the mountains are shaped around it as if they were clenched in the very talons of Akatosh. Most folks say it's cursed, but they're superstitious. I have picked up a few Dwarven odds and ends in my travels in the 'Tails when I was a boy and there's been no curse or spell that's been befallin' me." -Giles Corey, Nord farmer

"Oh, the wondrous soaring beauty that is only the product of Dwemeri magnificence. Its gilded brilliance spirals into the sky and strikes awe into the lucky few who witness its marvel. Hail to clan Kragen and to its golden radiance! Many assume that Fang Lair is the only Dwemeri ruin in the Dragontails, but I have discovered numerous outposts in my travels. I have spent many a day researching it from afar (I do not wish to damage the historical artifacts); how its golden aqueducts, its tall domes, and twisting pipes all complement each other and give insight to the remnants of a once great empire. Did you know that the Volenfell Dwemer were left-handed? Yes, a little known fact I have gained knowledge of..." - Matthias Aquilius, of the Imperial Archeological Society

"Bah, the ruins can rot for all I care. All that matters is that there are treasures to plunder and foes to fell. Fang Lair is the next dungeon on my raiding list." -Mjolnir Green-Clad, Nord adventurer

"Yes, I was a scholar excavating the Fang Lair. It is quite fascinating, just as described in the King Edward series. The middle levels where one walks in houses barracks and armories, suggest that it was a sort of citadel. The upper and subterranean levels, well, we don't go there." -Tiberius Cartunian

"I steer clear of that area. You would too if you have any sense in you. I lost a cousin to the dragon that lives there." -Nebuchad, Redguard smith

"Very mysterious place. They say that a golden dragon resides there, which is of course ridiculous, since there are only a few dragons left on Tamriel and they are all red." -Cactunian Tenibrus, Imperial scholar

"Don't talk such rot. Only the bastard atheist Dwemer could spawn such a mockery of the ALMSIVI."-Dunmer religious leader of a Temple church.

As one can see, there are many conflicting reports regarding Fang Lair. As of 3E253, excavations of Fang Lair have been abstained by the High Rock Mages Guild. The reasoning for this is known only to their highest ranks. A pattern can be seen of a 'dragon' that resides there. Whether this is idle rumor or a fact is up to speculation.
Last edited by Arthmodeus on Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

2.B.CYHRHF.
TrBook2MisSecretsOfTheKragen
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]