TR_Data Error Reporting

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Our Redoran guards (TR_red_guard_*) have no weapons.

Redoran watchmen (TR_red_watchman_*) and Hlaalu guards (TR_hla_guard_*) as well as Hlaalu sharpshooters (TR_hla_sharpshooter) should have better weapons (silver or better); otherwise they're unable to cope with an ancestral ghost or scamp summoned in a town.
Last edited by arvisrend on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Needed for q2-30:

Misc item TR_misc_seeds_timsa: Timsa-comes-by seeds
Misc item TR_misc_seeds_barrel: Sweetbarrel seeds

Both copied from misc item BM_Seeds_UNIQUE, with just the name changed at the moment. It'll be great if this can be modelled, but as for now we need a useable item in Data (it wouldn't make that much sense in Mainland, because it's not a quest item per se).

Maybe also horn lily seeds, but I'm unsure about that; horn lilies have bulbs as ingredients, so do we really need those?
Last edited by arvisrend on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Actually I was thinking we could just use the ingredient version of the plants. The bulbs are good, the timsa-come-by flower should include seeds too, and I suppose cacti pulp could also contain seeds.
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

I thought the seeds are claimed by LiberumAvis. Someone tried to contact? I can make this stuff but I don't want to interrupt someones work.
--Mwgek--
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Wrongly named Indoril shield:

TR_a_ind_shield_03 "Shield is named Chuzei Shield, other parts are named Native Chuzei Bonemold ...... "

[EDIT]I should have edited my previous post...[/EDIT]
--Mwgek--
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Mwgek wrote:Wrongly named Indoril shield:

TR_a_ind_shield_03 "Shield is named Chuzei Shield, other parts are named Native Chuzei Bonemold ...... "

[EDIT]I should have edited my previous post...[/EDIT]
I have a hunch that this is due to the character limit. But I have not checked to confirm.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Cuirass is even longer then shield would be. Character limit is for Nif names, not naming in-game stuff I think.
--Mwgek--
karpik777

Post by karpik777 »

There is also a limit for item names - the maximum is one character more than "Native Chuzei Bonemold Cuirass".
Ashstaar
Developer

Post by Ashstaar »

Fixed the "new" Dres hunter cuirass so it can actually be worn now.
Attachments
tr_dres_hunter_cuirass_fixed.rar
(21.28 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
dres_hunter_C_fix.PNG
(325.38 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Thanks, Ashstaar

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Lord Berandas
TR Tester

Post by Lord Berandas »

Here are some of the errors I posted in the "TR_Mainland World Error reporting" which should be data related. I hope I posted all the things that should be here...

ex_de_shack_awning_04 Darnim (22,-18 ) 185232 -141472 240 "there is a missing face of the mesh on the roof - the wooden part" not a TR mesh so we can't do anything about it

TR_w_steel_dae_dagg "Daedric Steel Dagger has wrong position in the hand - center point is moved"

TR_cr_beetle_G01_dis and others "isnt there a problem with collision box of the beetles? my spells were going through them when they were flying - their collision/hit box stays on the ground"

TR_cr_dwrv_explodo "they often fall through the floor when killed, can this be solved?"

TR_m2_Nchaz_Lift1p02 Nchazdrumn, Stone Gnaw Gallery 176 816 -388 "I think the elevators should make some noise during moving, this way it looks weird - reminds me the Might and Magic sound for elevators, something like that, or classic Dwemer ruin rattling?"

TR_m2_Erena Raneth00000000 Necrom, House of the Waking-Guides 4096 3976 15478 "these sleeping people were making dying noises when I entered the house, but the bodies in the crematorium weren't making any noise, I believe they work the same way, isn't this wrong?"
arvisrend edit: Again, Mainland issue, not Data. I am not sure why these should be dead anyway, but I have no clue what they are in fact. NPCers please.

TR_in_nec_build_01 Necrom, Alma Rula's Retreat 928 0 0 "there is a face on the 1st floor mesh, which could use a better UV unwrap - the one in the front which can be seen when standing on the steep part"
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

TR_bk_i2-25-Bonewalkerbook
"This dusty tome contains detailed directions writen in Dunmeri." -> written
"guidlines on what seperates" -> guidelines, separates
arvisrend edit: This is Mainland, not Data, and is fixed now.

TR_bk_LegalBasics
"Ignorance of the law is no defense. Be forewarned that the following are but the most universal of Tamrielan laws and regulations."
-> "Tamrielan" correct?

TR_sc_map2se

The map image is distorted (not the case for other such maps)
abot
TR Tester

Post by abot »

Textures\velk_texture.psd, Textures\velk_texture2.psd should be removed from TR_Data.bsa.
[EDIT]also, if a reduction in size may be of use, using [url=http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12801]texture compress[/url] compressing Textures\*.tga to .dds, changing dxt5 .dds with no alpha to dxt1 I went from a 280M to a 233M TR_Data.bsa
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

I think the velk photoshop files are there to use for future variations of the standard velk.

Textures are a mess.
And yes, there are so many .dds textures saved with an alpha mask without use. Doubles the size for nothing. The whole texture folder should get a proper cleaning. Most of the Necrom textures are doubled. All of the imperial textures are just vanilla textures, but then a bit darker (could have been done with material settings). Also naming lacks big time. etc etc etc
--Mwgek--
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Such modifications are beyond my knowledge, but if someone were to do that stuff (removing duplicates, decreasing file size by removing extra alphas and whatnot), I'm sure we all would be very, very grateful.

abot
TR Tester

Post by abot »

I think the velk photoshop files are there to use for future variations of the standard velk
Ah, ok, but as I don't think a graphic editor can access .bsa content, perhaps it would be better to keep them out of .bsa anyway.
Such modifications are beyond my knowledge, but if someone were to do that stuff (removing duplicates, decreasing file size by removing extra alphas and whatnot), I'm sure we all would be very, very grateful.
Removing unused alpha, recompressing and adding missing mipmaps can be done automatically with texture optimizer tool.
Also fixing unneeded texture paths prefix (e.g. from textures\mytexture.tga to mytexture.tga ) can be done semi-automatically using tr.exe or such.
These things can be done in short time and are easy enough to do, I will upload a repacked .bsa when done.

Other steps (reorganizing folder structure, changing material settings in nifs to use standard texture...) while desirable would probably require discussion for proper acknowledged structure, much NIFskope hand-work and much more time/expertise than what I have at my disposal, so I can't help with them.
Lord Berandas
TR Tester

Post by Lord Berandas »

Mummy mesh (creature) need some improvements, when it lies dead on its back, there can be seen a gap from an angle, between the torso and the groin part.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

That lame mummy creature should be removed from the mod alltogether, if you ask me.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
abot
TR Tester

Post by abot »

Ok, here is repacked .bsa

optimizations done:
- Moved velk .psd out of .bsa
- fixed collision of mesh tr\i\tr_in_r_s_int_floor.nif
- fixed missing transparency of tr_pb_robe_com_i.tga, tr_pb_robe_com_ii.tga, changed to .dds no mips
- packed/removed mips from Bookart
- packed/removed mips from icons
- repacked textures adding mips, removed unneeded alpha (see texture_analysis)
- moved tr_oth_mush_sm.dds, tr_oth_mush_bg.dds, tr_oth_bark.dds from textures to textures\Oth\ as in related .nif path

I've not been able to strip unneeded textures\ from e.g. textures\texture.dds, [url=http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Utilities.Detail&id=73]nif_tx_strip 1.4b[/url] option to remove it does not seem to work, I PMed Era so hopefully it will be fixed soon but it was not a big reduction factor anyway.

[EDIT]link to latest update [url=http://rtcvb32.herobo.com/index.htm]nif_tx_strip 1.5[/url] for anybody interested
Last edited by abot on Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Nice.
- moved tr_oth_mush_sm.dds, tr_oth_mush_bg.dds, tr_oth_bark.dds from textures to textures\Oth\ as in related .nif path
This nifpath should be changed on the mesh. Having an oth map is not really useful. Having a TR map is. Maybe we can work this stuff out in the future. Thanks Abot.
- Moved velk .psd out of .bsa

Make sure this get backed up somewhere, or make a model claim for a female Velk like the concept art somewhere in a showcase and upload it there before deleting.
--Mwgek--
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Can we make a separate archive for TR_data sources and unfinished business that's waiting for someone to take over? I don't think it's a good idea to store stuff as forum attachments, in a long run.
abot
TR Tester

Post by abot »

Ok, Era has gently fixed NIF texture stripper so it would be possible to strip .nifs from unneeded texture\blah.tga to simpler blah.tga and also fix (rare) \texture\blah.tga to blah.tga
Spared space would be about 15KByte though, so probably not worth the effort.

Let me know if you want me to change related .nif to use
textures\ instead of textures\Oth\

Velk .psd is still inside the .7z, just out of .bsa

[EDIT]
@Mwgek: you mean mapping all textures in .nifs to e.g.
textures\tr\blah.tga instead of textures\blah.tga?
I think I can do this using Jog's tr.exe utility if there is consensus
Lord Berandas
TR Tester

Post by Lord Berandas »

TR_m1_tame_plainstrider00000000 Molagreahd Region "These creatures are making the same noise in a loop over and over, it could drive someone crazy, also its weird to have the same sound as silt strider, because it has an echo in it and in my opinion it doesnt fit to such a little creature"
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

@Mwgek: you mean mapping all textures in .nifs to e.g.
textures\tr\blah.tga instead of textures\blah.tga?
I think I can do this using Jog's tr.exe utility if there is consensus
If you could manage that it will be a greatly appreciated. Keeps TR things tidy for people who have the BSA unpacked.

And proper naming and sorting will be much easier.
--Mwgek--
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Please do not do any file structure alterations. Leave that to me.

Lord Berendas: that should be fixed in the next public release. I believe it's already fixed in our internal files.

abot
TR Tester

Post by abot »

No changes until approved, restructuring is not 100% automatic so really better do it once eventually.
It should be doable reasonably fast using Jog's [url=http://mods.jo-ge.net/mw/]tr.exe[/url]

A question/proposal:
should meshes currently pointing for textures to
textures\dungeons\chargen\
Textures\water\

be changed to point to
textures\tr\dungeons\chargen\
Textures\tr\water\

IMO better keep them pointing to current default directories so player can see changes if water textures change

other meshes not currently looking for textures in
textures\tr\ or a subfolder of textures\tr\
could be changed

[EDIT]I've found other 2 .nif that should have texture path fixed, they are currently using a I:\Data Files\Textures\ path
tr\f\tr_furn_plaque_argm_01.nif
tr\m\tr_misc_bottleb_b00.nif
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

No, all texture paths should remain the same (pointing to \Textures\) until I am able to create an organized texture hierarchy and move them all and adjust the filepaths in the models. And thanks for that error report, too

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

I've just made the mistake of looking into the "little advice" responses in TR_Data. Spoiler warning: they are copied over from vanilla and they suck big time. I do think our NPCs deserve better.

Let's start with this:

Let me warn you. The quests for the Temple at lower ranks are not too difficult. But suddenly after you reach Curate rank, the quests get very, very difficult. Don't be surprised if you have to do a lot of skill-building outside the Temple before you can handle the higher rank quests. These tasks are tests of faith, yes, but they are also tests of good judgement and common sense.

I am fascinated by TR's ability to look forward in time and figure out the difficulty of our Temple quests before we even have designed them.

Just because your lord gives you a task, don't assume you should be able to do it. Your lord doesn't really know what you can or can't handle. And most Telvanni lords don't care.

This is a Telvanni advice. Not conditioned to not being a Telvanni lord...

Another piece of hintbook prosa, and not even good:

The services required at lower ranks in the Imperial cult are not very difficult or dangerous. But any task you do for the Oracles will be very difficult, very dangerous, and suited only for experienced, powerful, well-equipped adventurers.

Special prize for most retarded piece of "little advice":

Practice stealing and pickpocketing by taking cheap things from small merchants. Don't go after the big stuff until you're experienced.

I know "little advice" should not translate into "gameplay hints", but let's not fucking give anti-hints either, even if Beth do.

Oh, well, here is a runner-up:

Alchemists are easy targets for inexperienced thieves. They have far too many ingredients for them to keep an eye on all of them all of the time.

Here's something that needs some check for physical weakness:

You will get slaughtered if you start acting like a warrior. Always sneak up to your target and take advantage of your stealth. Even a dagger is effective if used in the right way at the right time.

Lulz on this:

How do you know when you've got a quest too tough for you? If it sounds too tough for you, it probably is. You must use your own judgement. Guild stewards don't really get to know your abilities. All they know is that a guy never comes back. They don't know if he got lost interest, or got eaten.

Incidentally, this is not conditioned to not being a steward (not sure if such conditioning is even possible).

Not conditioned to PC Same Faction == 0:

Join the Mages Guild. Rise ranks to get good rates for services. And stay in their good graces by minding their rules and performing the required duties.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

http://bugs.openmw.org/issues/611

We're fixing this, right? Seems like just a minor forgetfulness...
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Nemon wrote:http://bugs.openmw.org/issues/611

We're fixing this, right? Seems like just a minor forgetfulness...
Yep, now that it's been brought to my attention.

Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Abot posted a repacked version of the texture folder a while back on this thread. All doubles removed and all unused transparancy's removed and all converted to dds dxt 1. Maybe we should think about accepting that files like I suggested back then.

[EDIT]Forget this, I see you already fixed a lot of this with Abot.[/EDIT]
--Mwgek--
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Remove the following unused levlists (which, given our plans, should never be used):

TR_LC_spider_swamp_all_lev*
TR_LC_Daedric_flying_lev*
TR_r_Inlet_Bog_cave*
TR_r_Inlet_Bog_land*
TR_r_Sacred_Lands_cave*
TR_r_Sacred_Lands_grotto*
TR_r_Nedothril_Coast_cave*
TR_r_Thirr_River_Valley_* (mainly cave*, h2o* and land*; the coast* ones can be used)
Last edited by arvisrend on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

TR_Aug_steel longbow Mephalain Mountains Region (30,-14) 253259 -106535 5242 "cast on strike enchantment on a bow doesn't work I think"

TR_w_m2_webspinner "Webspinners blade" - name lacks capitalisation and apostrophe (Webspinner's)

TR_de_commond_hood Ernaberinsu, Upper Level 4193 4687 14473 "it seems NPCs with this in their inventory don't want to wear it. stats or value too low?"
TR_m2_o_Llarala-Belvayn00000000 Ernaberinsu, Upper Level 4220 4719 14473 "this is one such NPC"

TR_m3_w_ebony_katana_dilavesa "is the icon on this custom? it's got weird whitish lines on its borders"

TR_act_banner_veloth02 "selection box much bigger than mesh - pointer displays name Saint Veloth even far to the right/left of it"
TR_M3_A8_EnamorTrade "to lesser extent, same collision box nitpick as veloth banner"

TR_bk_AlmalexiaHistory "don't understand why, but this book has VERY weird formatting ingame"

TR_bk_RainofSand_MC "recieved = received"
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Here's a list of TR_Data entries changed in TR_Mainland. The list has been done by tespcd, and I'm not very sure about its exhaustiveness. Either way, it's a good start. I think most of these discrepancies should be fixed in the Data and then cleaned out of the Mainland.

1. Region "Helnim Fields Region".

TR_Data:

Code: Select all

Record: REGN "helnim fields region" Flags:0x0000 ()
  NAME: ID:Helnim Fields Region
  FNAM: Name:Helnim Fields Region
  WEAT: Clear:50  Cloudy:20  Foggy:10  Overcast:10
	Rain:5  Thunder:5  Ash:0  Blight:0
	Snow:0  Blizzard:0
  BNAM: Sleep_Creature_ID:TR_r_Helnim_Fields_land+0
  CNAM: Red:237  Green:217  Blue:156  Unused:0
  SNAM: Sound_ID:wind calm1  Chance:4
  SNAM: Sound_ID:wind calm2  Chance:4
  SNAM: Sound_ID:wind calm3  Chance:4
  SNAM: Sound_ID:wind calm4  Chance:4
  SNAM: Sound_ID:wind calm5  Chance:4
  SNAM: Sound_ID:rocks4  Chance:4
  SNAM: Sound_ID:rocks5  Chance:4
TR_Mainland:

Record: REGN "helnim fields region" Flags:0x0000 ()
  NAME: ID:Helnim Fields Region
  FNAM: Name:Helnim Fields Region
  WEAT: Clear:50  Cloudy:20  Foggy:10  Overcast:10
	Rain:5  Thunder:5  Ash:0  Blight:0
  BNAM: Sleep_Creature_ID:TR_r_Helnim_Fields_land+0
  CNAM: Red:237  Green:217  Blue:156  Unused:0
  SNAM: Sound_ID:wind calm1  Chance:4
  SNAM: Sound_ID:wind calm2  Chance:4
  SNAM: Sound_ID:wind calm3  Chance:4
  SNAM: Sound_ID:wind calm5  Chance:4
  SNAM: Sound_ID:rocks5  Chance:4
I see no differences... But these are tes3cmd dumps and might be incomplete. However, I see no differences in the CS either...

2. Region "Lake Boethiah":

TR_Data:

Record: REGN "lake boethiah" Flags:0x0000 ()
  NAME: ID:Lake Boethiah
  FNAM: Name:Lake Boethiah
  WEAT: Clear:20  Cloudy:15  Foggy:30  Overcast:20
	Rain:10  Thunder:5  Ash:0  Blight:0
  BNAM: Sleep_Creature_ID:TR_r_Boethian_Lakes_land+0
  CNAM: Red:51  Green:122  Blue:255  Unused:0
TR_Mainland:

Record: REGN "lake boethiah" Flags:0x0000 ()
  NAME: ID:Lake Boethiah
  FNAM: Name:Lake Boethiah
  WEAT: Clear:15  Cloudy:15  Foggy:35  Overcast:20
	Rain:10  Thunder:5  Ash:0  Blight:0
  BNAM: Sleep_Creature_ID:TR_r_Boethian_Lakes_land+0
  CNAM: Red:51  Green:122  Blue:255  Unused:0
The weather probabilities differ.

3. Region "Mephalain Mountains Region":

TR_Data:

Record: REGN "mephalain mountains region" Flags:0x0000 ()
  NAME: ID:Mephalain Mountains Region
  FNAM: Name:Mephalain Mountains
  WEAT: Clear:15  Cloudy:15  Foggy:15  Overcast:20
	Rain:20  Thunder:15  Ash:0  Blight:0
  BNAM: Sleep_Creature_ID:TR_r_Mephalain_Mountains_land+0
  CNAM: Red:126  Green:154  Blue:99  Unused:0
TR_Mainland:

Record: REGN "mephalain mountains region" Flags:0x0000 ()
  NAME: ID:Mephalain Mountains Region
  FNAM: Name:Mephalain Mountains Region
  WEAT: Clear:20  Cloudy:15  Foggy:20  Overcast:15
	Rain:15  Thunder:15  Ash:0  Blight:0
  BNAM: Sleep_Creature_ID:TR_r_Mephalain_Mountains_land+0
  CNAM: Red:126  Green:154  Blue:99  Unused:0
  SNAM: Sound_ID:rocks8  Chance:4
  SNAM: Sound_ID:rocks3  Chance:4
  SNAM: Sound_ID:howl1  Chance:2
  SNAM: Sound_ID:wind trees7  Chance:4
  SNAM: Sound_ID:wind des3  Chance:3
  SNAM: Sound_ID:wind low3  Chance:5
4. Class TR_Baker:

TR_Data:

Record: CLAS "tr_baker" Flags:0x0000 ()
  NAME: ID:TR_Baker
  FNAM: Name:Baker
  CLDT: Primary_Attribute_1:   (Personality)  Primary_Attribute_2:  (Intelligence)
	Specialization:            (Stealth)  Minor_Skill_1:               (Block)
	Major_Skill_1:             (Alchemy)  Minor_Skill_2:        (Medium_Armor)
	Major_Skill_2:         (Speechcraft)  Minor_Skill_3:               (Spear)
	Major_Skill_3:          (Mercantile)  Minor_Skill_4:        (Hand_To_Hand)
	Major_Skill_4:               (Sneak)  Minor_Skill_5:        (Blunt_Weapon)
	Major_Skill_5:         (Light_Armor)  Flags:                (Non-Playable)
TR_Mainland:

Record: CLAS "tr_baker" Flags:0x0000 ()
  NAME: ID:TR_Baker
  FNAM: Name:Baker
  CLDT: Primary_Attribute_1:   (Personality)  Primary_Attribute_2:  (Intelligence)
	Specialization:            (Stealth)  Minor_Skill_1:               (Block)
	Major_Skill_1:             (Alchemy)  Minor_Skill_2:        (Medium_Armor)
	Major_Skill_2:         (Speechcraft)  Minor_Skill_3:               (Spear)
	Major_Skill_3:          (Mercantile)  Minor_Skill_4:        (Hand_To_Hand)
	Major_Skill_4:               (Sneak)  Minor_Skill_5:        (Blunt_Weapon)
	Major_Skill_5:         (Light_Armor)  Flags:                (Non-Playable)
No differences visible here, but that's tes3cmd's fault. In the CS, the Mainland version has an autocalc checkmark set on "ingredients"; not so for the Data version.

6. NPC TR_Roamer_Hunter_12a:

TR_Data:

Record: NPC_ "tr_roamer_hunter_12a" Flags:0x0000 ()
  NAME: ID:TR_Roamer_Hunter_12a
  FNAM: Name:Roamer
  RNAM: Race:Dark Elf
  CNAM: Class:Hunter
  ANAM: Faction:
  BNAM: Head_Model:b_n_dark elf_m_head_13
  KNAM: Hair_Model:TR_de_m_hair_004
  SCRI: Script:TR_NPC_Roamer
  NPDT: Level:12  Disposition:50  Faction:0  Rank:0  Gold:0
  FLAG: Flags:[0x0018 (Autocalc)]
  NPCO: Count:15  Name:chitin arrow
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:chitin short bow
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:chitin dagger
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:common_shirt_02
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:common_pants_01
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:chitin boots
  NPCO: Count:2  Name:TR_loot_Bandit_11+
  AIDT: Hello:30  Unknown_1:0  Fight:100  Flee:0  Alarm:0  Unknown_2:000000  Flags:[0x0000 ()]
  AI_W: Distance:              0  Duration:              5  Time_Of_Day:           0
	Idle_2:               60  Idle_3:               20  Idle_4:               10
	Idle_5:                0  Idle_6:                0  Idle_7:                0
	Idle_8:                0  Idle_9:                0  Unknown_1:             1
TR_Mainland:

Record: NPC_ "tr_roamer_hunter_12a" Flags:0x0000 ()
  NAME: ID:TR_Roamer_Hunter_12a
  FNAM: Name:Roamer
  RNAM: Race:Dark Elf
  CNAM: Class:Hunter
  ANAM: Faction:
  BNAM: Head_Model:b_n_dark elf_m_head_13
  KNAM: Hair_Model:b_n_dark elf_m_hair_26
  SCRI: Script:TR_NPC_Roamer
  NPDT: Level:12  Disposition:50  Faction:0  Rank:0  Gold:0
  FLAG: Flags:[0x0018 (Autocalc)]
  NPCO: Count:15  Name:chitin arrow
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:chitin short bow
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:chitin dagger
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:common_shirt_02
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:common_pants_01
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:chitin boots
  NPCO: Count:2  Name:TR_loot_Bandit_11+
  AIDT: Hello:30  Unknown_1:0  Fight:100  Flee:0  Alarm:0  Unknown_2:d11e04  Flags:[0x0000 ()]
  AI_W: Distance:              0  Duration:              5  Time_Of_Day:           0
Yes, that's a different hair model...

8. Script TR_m1_TestTopicsScript.

As far as I understand, the version in the Data is just a placeholder, while that in the Mainland is the real deal (a script that adds lots of topics, although it might be outdated). But why are we keeping a placeholder in the Data?

9. Script TR_m1_TestMoveScript.

Same as for TestTopics. Why the placeholder?

10. NPC TR_imp_guard_s.

TR_Data:

Record: NPC_ "tr_imp_guard_s" Flags:0x0000 ()
  NAME: ID:TR_imp_guard_s
  FNAM: Name:Guard
  RNAM: Race:Imperial
  CNAM: Class:Guard
  ANAM: Faction:TR_ImperialLegion
  BNAM: Head_Model:b_n_imperial_m_head_01
  KNAM: Hair_Model:b_n_imperial_m_hair_03
  SCRI: Script:TR_NPC_guard
  NPDT: Level:25  Disposition:50  Faction:6  Rank:2  Gold:0
  FLAG: Flags:[0x001c (Autocalc, Respawn)]
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:imperial belt
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:imperial right gauntlet
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:imperial left gauntlet
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:imperial boots
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:imperial_greaves
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:imperial cuirass_armor
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:Imperial Guard Random Shield
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:Imperial Guard Random Skirt
  NPCO: Count:3  Name:goblin_health
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:Imperial Guard Random Helmet
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:TR_Random_Imp_MeleeWeapon
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:TR_Random_Imp_PauldronL
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:TR_Random_Imp_PauldronR
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:torch_infinite_time
  AIDT: Hello:30  Unknown_1:0  Fight:30  Flee:0  Alarm:100  Unknown_2:000000  Flags:[0x0000 ()]
TR_Mainland:

Record: NPC_ "tr_imp_guard_s" Flags:0x0000 ()
  NAME: ID:TR_imp_guard_s
  FNAM: Name:Guard
  RNAM: Race:Imperial
  CNAM: Class:Guard
  ANAM: Faction:TR_ImperialLegion
  BNAM: Head_Model:b_n_imperial_m_head_01
  KNAM: Hair_Model:b_n_imperial_m_hair_03
  SCRI: Script:TR_NPC
  NPDT: Level:25  Disposition:50  Faction:6  Rank:2  Gold:0
  FLAG: Flags:[0x001c (Autocalc, Respawn)]
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:imperial belt
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:imperial right gauntlet
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:imperial left gauntlet
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:imperial boots
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:imperial_greaves
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:imperial cuirass_armor
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:Imperial Guard Random Shield
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:Imperial Guard Random Skirt
  NPCO: Count:3  Name:goblin_health
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:Imperial Guard Random Helmet
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:TR_Random_Imp_MeleeWeapon
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:TR_Random_Imp_PauldronL
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:TR_Random_Imp_PauldronR
  NPCO: Count:1  Name:torch_infinite_time
  AIDT: Hello:30  Unknown_1:0  Fight:30  Flee:0  Alarm:100  Unknown_2:000000  Flags:[0x0000 ()]
They differ in the script. The one in the Mainland has nolore, the one in the Data does not. Which one is better?

Note: some points were removed from the list as they have been fixed.
Last edited by arvisrend on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

arvisrend wrote:8. Script TR_m1_TestTopicsScript.

As far as I understand, the version in the Data is just a placeholder, while that in the Mainland is the real deal (a script that adds lots of topics, although it might be outdated). But why are we keeping a placeholder in the Data?

9. Script TR_m1_TestMoveScript.

Same as for TestTopics. Why the placeholder?
Because they're called from TR_TestSkullScript, so scripts with these names have to exist in Data; but the relevant content isn't present in Data and therefore needs to be placed in Mainland.

The idea was that each map would include its own test scripts, and the testing skull (TR_test_skull; give yourself one and then equip it) would work with all maps.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Ah!

Could it make more sense now to move the skull into the Mainland?
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Here is an ESP file which should be merged into TR_Data.esp. It includes all new books which we have agreed on, and a number of scrolls I have added because I found the old scrolls too random.

Changes:

- Lots of books deprecated in accordance with Adanorcil's suggestions. (See the lit-mergedbooks.txt file attached for more details.)

- Enchantment "TR_Aug_Smiting" changed to Cast-when-Used (and balanced down) since a cast-on-strike enchantment on a bow does nothing.

- New scroll "TR_sc_jump20" (jump 20 for 30 sec and slowfall 10 for 30 sec). Name "Scroll of the Springtail's Leap".

- New scroll "TR_sc_feather25_600" (feather 25 for 600 sec). Name "Scroll of Alvem's Burden Bearer".

- New scroll "TR_sc_fortifmag30_60" (fortify magicka 30 for 60 sec). Name "Scroll of Stilge's Hubris".

- New scroll "TR_sc_starfall" (spell absorption 15 for 30 sec, fortify health 15 for 30 sec, light 20 for 30 sec). Name "Scroll of Starfall".

- New scroll "TR_sc_light35_self_20" (light 35 for 20 sec on self). Name "Scroll of Ephemeral Lucidity".

- New scroll "TR_sc_light35_tgt_20" (light 35 for 20 sec on target). Name "Scroll of Ephemeral Light".

- New scroll "TR_sc_light35_self_40" (light 35 for 40 sec on self). Name "Scroll of Lasting Lucidity".

- New scroll "TR_sc_light35_tgt_40" (light 35 for 40 sec on target). Name "Scroll of Lasting Light".

- New scroll "TR_sc_nighteye28_150" (nighteye 28 for 150 sec). Name "Scroll of Inner Luminescence".

- New scroll "TR_sc_nighteye28_150" (nighteye 12 for 150 sec). Name "Scroll of the Inner Pale Sun".

- New scroll "TR_sc_shock20_tgt_1_1" (shock 20 on target for 1 sec, shock 2 on target for 6 sec). Name "Scroll of Inas' Furious Flash".

- New scroll "TR_sc_shock25_tch_1_1" (shock 25 on target for 1 sec, shock 3 on target for 6 sec). Name "Scroll of Inas' Electric Touch".

- New scroll "TR_sc_shock10_tgt_1_1" (shock 8 on target for 1 sec, shock 2 on target for 10 sec). Name "Scroll of Thunderous Pain".

- New scroll "TR_sc_lightningball_10" (shock 20 on target for 1 sec, fire 4 on target for 4 sec, shock 1 on target for 9 sec, with minor area effect). Name "Scroll of Lightning Ball".

- New scroll "TR_sc_damagehealth7_tch_12" (damage health 7 for 12 sec on touch). Name "Scroll of Deadly Attrition".

- New scroll "TR_sc_damagehealth4_tch_8" (damage health 4 for 8 sec on touch). Name "Scroll of Attrition".

- New scroll "TR_sc_sound35_15" (sound 35 for 15 sec on target). Name "Scroll of Distracting Clamor" (first sound scroll ever).

- New scroll "TR_sc_fire30_tch_1_1" (fire 30 for 1 sec on touch, fire 4 for 3 sec on touch, fire 1 for 10 sec on touch). Name "Scroll of the Flaming Hand".

- New scroll "TR_sc_fire15_tch_1_1" (fire 15 for 1 sec on touch, fire 2 for 3 sec on touch, fire 1 for 10 sec on touch). Name "Scroll of the Scorching Hand".

- New scroll "TR_sc_fortatt10_70" (fortify attack 10 for 70 sec). Name "Scroll of the Trenchant Hand".

- New scroll "TR_sc_frenzyh15_60" (frenzy humanoid 15 levels for 60 sec on target). Name "Scroll of Jerdan's Indulgence".

- New scroll "TR_sc_lock30" (lock 30 on touch). Name "Scroll of Galmes' Latch".

- New scroll "TR_sc_silence_tgt_12" (silence for 12 sec on target). Name "Scroll of Wizard's Awe".

- New scroll "TR_sc_cham40_60" (chameleon 40 for 60 sec). Name "Scroll of Translucence".

- New scroll "TR_sc_blind30_tgt_40" (blind 30 for 40 sec). Name "Scroll of Magnus' Glare".

- New scroll "TR_sc_charm22_60" (charm 22 for 60 sec on touch). Name "Scroll of Didala's Radiance".

- New scroll "TR_sc_charm40_60" (charm 40 for 60 sec on touch). Name "Scroll of Didala's Splendor".

- New scroll "TR_sc_burden30_tch_35" (burden 30 for 35 sec on touch). Name "Scroll of Makkun's Heavy Hand".

- New levelled items "TR_random_scroll_lev1", "TR_random_scroll_lev2" and "TR_random_scroll_lev3". The number after "lev" means roughly how strong the scrolls are. (lev1 should be OK in early-game locations, lev2 is midgame stuff.)

- New containers "TR_urn_01_scrl1_5rnd", "TR_urn_01_scrl2_5rnd", "TR_urn_01_scrl3_5rnd", "TR_urn_02_scrl2_7rnd", "TR_urn_03_scrl3_3rnd", "TR_urn_04_scrl2_3rnd", "TR_cont_ind1_scrl1_7rnd", "TR_cont_ind2_scrl2_7rnd". In each of these, the number after "scrl" designates which of the three levelled lists "TR_random_scroll_lev1", "TR_random_scroll_lev2" and "TR_random_scroll_lev3" most of the scrolls come from. The number before "rnd" is the number of scrolls in the container.
Attachments
dataplus.ESP
(207.13 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
lit-mergedbooks.txt
the books I've put into the esp
(183.8 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

New version of the Data ESM attached. Haplo, please upload to the TR Data browser.

[Attachment removed because a newer file is in the next post.]

Changelog:

- Lots of books replaced in accordance with Adanorcil's suggestions. (See the lit-mergedbooks.txt file attached for more details.) The old versions are now marked "deprecated" in their names.

- Enchantment "TR_Aug_Smiting" changed to Cast-when-Used (and balanced down) since a cast-on-strike enchantment on a bow does nothing.

- New scroll "TR_sc_jump20" (jump 20 for 30 sec and slowfall 10 for 30 sec). Name "Scroll of the Springtail's Leap".

- New scroll "TR_sc_feather25_600" (feather 25 for 600 sec). Name "Scroll of Alvem's Burden Bearer".

- New scroll "TR_sc_fortifmag30_60" (fortify magicka 30 for 60 sec). Name "Scroll of Stilge's Hubris".

- New scroll "TR_sc_starfall" (spell absorption 15 for 30 sec, fortify health 15 for 30 sec, light 20 for 30 sec). Name "Scroll of Starfall".

- New scroll "TR_sc_light35_self_20" (light 35 for 20 sec on self). Name "Scroll of Ephemeral Lucidity".

- New scroll "TR_sc_light35_tgt_20" (light 35 for 20 sec on target). Name "Scroll of Ephemeral Light".

- New scroll "TR_sc_light35_self_40" (light 35 for 40 sec on self). Name "Scroll of Lasting Lucidity".

- New scroll "TR_sc_light35_tgt_40" (light 35 for 40 sec on target). Name "Scroll of Lasting Light".

- New scroll "TR_sc_nighteye28_150" (nighteye 28 for 150 sec). Name "Scroll of Inner Luminescence".

- New scroll "TR_sc_nighteye28_150" (nighteye 12 for 150 sec). Name "Scroll of the Inner Pale Sun".

- New scroll "TR_sc_shock20_tgt_1_1" (shock 20 on target for 1 sec, shock 2 on target for 6 sec). Name "Scroll of Inas' Furious Flash".

- New scroll "TR_sc_shock25_tch_1_1" (shock 25 on target for 1 sec, shock 3 on target for 6 sec). Name "Scroll of Inas' Electric Touch".

- New scroll "TR_sc_shock10_tgt_1_1" (shock 8 on target for 1 sec, shock 2 on target for 10 sec). Name "Scroll of Thunderous Pain".

- New scroll "TR_sc_lightningball_10" (shock 20 on target for 1 sec, fire 4 on target for 4 sec, shock 1 on target for 9 sec, with minor area effect). Name "Scroll of Lightning Ball".

- New scroll "TR_sc_damagehealth7_tch_12" (damage health 7 for 12 sec on touch). Name "Scroll of Deadly Attrition".

- New scroll "TR_sc_damagehealth4_tch_8" (damage health 4 for 8 sec on touch). Name "Scroll of Attrition".

- New scroll "TR_sc_sound35_15" (sound 35 for 15 sec on target). Name "Scroll of Distracting Clamor" (first sound scroll ever).

- New scroll "TR_sc_fire30_tch_1_1" (fire 30 for 1 sec on touch, fire 4 for 3 sec on touch, fire 1 for 10 sec on touch). Name "Scroll of the Flaming Hand".

- New scroll "TR_sc_fire15_tch_1_1" (fire 15 for 1 sec on touch, fire 2 for 3 sec on touch, fire 1 for 10 sec on touch). Name "Scroll of the Scorching Hand".

- New scroll "TR_sc_fortatt10_70" (fortify attack 10 for 70 sec). Name "Scroll of the Trenchant Hand".

- New scroll "TR_sc_frenzyh15_60" (frenzy humanoid 15 levels for 60 sec on target). Name "Scroll of Jerdan's Indulgence".

- New scroll "TR_sc_lock30" (lock 30 on touch). Name "Scroll of Galmes' Latch".

- New scroll "TR_sc_silence_tgt_12" (silence for 12 sec on target). Name "Scroll of Wizard's Awe".

- New scroll "TR_sc_cham40_60" (chameleon 40 for 60 sec). Name "Scroll of Translucence".

- New scroll "TR_sc_blind30_tgt_40" (blind 30 for 40 sec). Name "Scroll of Magnus' Glare".

- New scroll "TR_sc_charm22_60" (charm 22 for 60 sec on touch). Name "Scroll of Didala's Radiance".

- New scroll "TR_sc_charm40_60" (charm 40 for 60 sec on touch). Name "Scroll of Didala's Splendor".

- New scroll "TR_sc_burden30_tch_35" (burden 30 for 35 sec on touch). Name "Scroll of Makkun's Heavy Hand".

- New levelled items "TR_random_scroll_lev1", "TR_random_scroll_lev2" and "TR_random_scroll_lev3". The number after "lev" means roughly how strong the scrolls are. (lev1 should be OK in early-game locations, lev2 is midgame stuff.)

- New containers "TR_urn_01_scrl1_5rnd", "TR_urn_01_scrl2_5rnd", "TR_urn_01_scrl3_5rnd", "TR_urn_02_scrl2_7rnd", "TR_urn_03_scrl3_3rnd", "TR_urn_04_scrl2_3rnd", "TR_cont_ind1_scrl1_7rnd", "TR_cont_ind2_scrl2_7rnd". In each of these, the number after "scrl" designates which of the three levelled lists "TR_random_scroll_lev1", "TR_random_scroll_lev2" and "TR_random_scroll_lev3" most of the scrolls come from. The number before "rnd" is the number of scrolls in the container.

- Book "TR_bk_RainofSand_MC": typo fixed.

- Book "TR_bk_AlmalexiaHistory": manual word wrap removed.

- NPC "TR_telvanni guard_02_s": set light and medium armor stats to more reasonable values.

- Script TR_TestPosScript: minor bugfix.

- Ingredient "TR_Ingred_Dryfish02" renamed as "Bay Fish" (was called "TR_Ingred_Dryfish01") in accordance to how it is called in the Mainland file (and conforming to dialogue); but the resist-common-disease effect has not been removed as it was in the Mainland file (as the dialogue hints towards it).

- New scroll "TR_sc_fire22_tgt_1_1" (fire 22 for 1 sec on target, fire 3 for 5 sec on target, fire 1 for 7 sec on target). Name "Scroll of Jogdaal's Ire".

- New scroll "TR_sc_poison16_tch_1_1" (poison 16 for 1 sec on touch, poison 2 for 6 sec on touch, poison 1 for 3 sec on touch). Name "Scroll of Venomous Sting".

- New scroll "TR_sc_poison30_tch_1_1" (poison 30 for 1 sec on touch, poison 3 for 6 sec on touch, poison 3 for 3 sec on touch). Name "Scroll of Venomous Grasp".

- New scroll "TR_sc_poison25_tgt_1_1" (poison 25 for 1 sec on target, poison 2 for 6 sec on target). Name "Scroll of Sinith's Wasp".

- New scroll "TR_sc_frost21_tch_1_1" (frost 21 for 1 sec on touch, frost 1 for 20 sec on touch). Name "Scroll of Winter's Fangs".

- New scroll "TR_sc_frost32_tch_1_1" (frost 32 for 1 sec on touch, frost 2 for 20 sec on touch). Name "Scroll of Winter's Caress".

- New scroll "TR_sc_frost29_tgt_1_1" (frost 29 for 1 sec on target, frost 2 for 10 sec on target). Name "Scroll of Alvhun's Icicle".

- Activators "TR_de_banner_Helnim_Watch", "TR_de_banner_Gah_Ouadaruhn", "TR_de_banner_Necrom, Foreign Qu", "TR_de_banner_Dragon_Nest_Inn", "TR_de_banner_Dragon_Glade" removed (none of these was used in the Mainland).

- Leveled creatures TR_LC_spider_swamp_all_lev*, TR_LC_Daedric_flying_lev*, TR_LC_siltstrider_*, TR_r_Inlet_Bog_cave*, TR_r_Inlet_Bog_land*, TR_LC_plainstrider*, TR_r_Sacred_Lands_cave*, TR_r_Sacred_Lands_grotto*, TR_r_Nedothril_Coast_cave*, TR_r_Thirr_River_Valley_cave*, TR_r_Thirr_River_Valley_h2o*, TR_r_Thirr_River_Valley_land*: removed (neither of these was ever used). If we are to add creatures like these, they should not be levelscaled!

- Leveled creatures TR_stat_thirr_d05 and TR_stat_thirr_d05orp: newly created for the more out-of-the-way parts of the TRV. Will hopefully be filled up with more critters.

- Activator "TR_act_Ind_mark_veloave": deleted (since Why and Adan agreed there won't be any Velothril Avenue in Almalexia).
Last edited by arvisrend on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

New version with 3 more changes:

- Added new creature TR_kwama_warrior_dis (diseased kwama warrior -- same stats as normal but with droops) and levlist TR_stc_kwama_war_dis.

- Added new creature TR_kwama_queen_dis (diseased kwama queen -- slightly worse stats than normal, and with droops) and levlist TR_stc_kwama_queen_dis.

- Added levlist TR_stc_barfish_all.
Attachments
TR_Data.7z
(704.09 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

arvisrend wrote:- Added new creature TR_kwama_queen_dis (diseased kwama warrior
Kwama queen or kwama warrior?

What's the difference between _stc and normal, again?