TR_Data Error Reporting

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Oops, I meant a queen. Sorry.

TR_stc_* are levelled lists including 1 creature (except in a few cases, where they contain several creatures very similar to each other, such as the different kinds of barfish). Their only difference from just the creature itself is that most creatures don't respawn (some do -- but we might change this in future, so don't rely on this), whereas levelled creatures always respawn.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Another update:

- The MG and FG equipment chests now display a warning if you activate them prior to joining the respective (Mainland) guilds.

- New levelled creature TR_stc_rat_cave (just a respawning cave rat).

- Deprecated books no longer appear in levelled lists (nevermind that levelled lists for books aren't a very good idea either way).

- Added scripts TR_m4_NPC_Slave and the likes (NoLore, vampires).
Attachments
TR_Data.7z
(704.5 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Yet another update (the one I just sent to Haplo):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/83265276/TR_Data.7z

- Added some TR_stat_velothis* levlists (alas, not the d15 one yet, but that should probably not be relevant to Verarchen -- in the long run we need new critters here, seriously).

- Fixed the TR_a_diviner_helm no-face issue.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

One more update, again at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/83265276/TR_Data.7z

- New lev critter TR_stat_velothi_foot_sleep (at the moment just 2 monsters, but this should grow). "Foot" stands for "Velothi foothills", the area from Verarchen southwards; the actual Velothi mountains will have more badass sleep critters.

- Lots of UESP-found typos in books fixed. (In fact, all of them except for the ones in http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Tamriel_Rebuilt/The_Imperial_Kitchen_I which I don't know how to correct.)
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

The fixes are actually found if you hover the mouse on the underlined text. kemels => kernels, spicees => spices; filets => fillets. (Though filet is acceptable UK spelling, and closer to the original French word; but US spelling is fillet with doubled-L. The original spelling with just one L is preserved in "filet mignon".)
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I've fixed the typos already for the soon-to-come TR_Data update.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

rot wrote:TR_w_m2_webspinner "Webspinners blade" - name lacks capitalisation and apostrophe (Webspinner's)
This is on TR_Mainland, not in TR_Data

rot wrote:TR_de_commond_hood Ernaberinsu, Upper Level 4193 4687 14473 "it seems NPCs with this in their inventory don't want to wear it. stats or value too low?"
All instances of this should be removed from NPCs everywhere because it is being removed from TR_Data.

rot wrote:TR_m3_w_ebony_katana_dilavesa "is the icon on this custom? it's got weird whitish lines on its borders"
Again, TR_Mainland.

rot wrote:TR_M3_A8_EnamorTrade "to lesser extent, same collision box nitpick as veloth banner"
TR_Mainland error.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Old bugreports from the wrong thread:

6/6/2012 (19:22) TR_sc_map2se Necrom, Docks Administration 7225 643 15012 "necrom not as illustrated"

TR_necrom_ordinator_shirt Necrom, Charnelworks (42,-11) 347518 -85011 1603 "necrom ordinator shirt is using skirt Ground mesh and icon"

TR_Mainland.esm TR_ordinator_necrom_s00000004 TR9_Sea of Ghosts Region (41,-11) 342746 -84828 1301 "killing/assaulting an ordinator in Necrom only 40 gold fine?"
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Sorry, here is some stuff I missed during my edits:

Lev item TR_random_book_scholar should not have TR_bk_TravelsonVvardenfell.
Lev item TR_random_book_dres should not have TR_bk_LastDanceoftheWamasus.

EDIT: also, all the bugs reported in http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=311198#311198 for TR_m2_bk_HTL_Guarherdart_MC_c also pertain to the book TR_bk_Guarherdart_MC which is in Data.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

arvisrend wrote:6/6/2012 (19:22) TR_sc_map2se Necrom, Docks Administration 7225 643 15012 "necrom not as illustrated"
This would require an entirely new TR_sc_map2se.dds image being created. I'm not sure of the process for this
arvisrend wrote:TR_necrom_ordinator_shirt Necrom, Charnelworks (42,-11) 347518 -85011 1603 "necrom ordinator shirt is using skirt Ground mesh and icon"
I've created a new icon to be used. It is not using the skirt ground mesh, however, so nothing needs to be fixed there.
arvisrend wrote:TR_Mainland.esm TR_ordinator_necrom_s00000004 TR9_Sea of Ghosts Region (41,-11) 342746 -84828 1301 "killing/assaulting an ordinator in Necrom only 40 gold fine?"
I have no clue how this is determined or how to change it.

Numenorean

Post by Numenorean »

TR_bk_mapbook_m1_02, "Maps of Molagreahd" is about the Telvanni Isles, not the Molagreahd region. -> rename

TR_bk_MwhStonefall, "Morrowind Historia: Andothren". Inside it's still "Morrowind Historia: Stonefalls" -> change to Andothren.
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Still dupped textures in the Necrom department. There are a lot of different suffixes in use, someone should delte and rename them cleverly. I'm afraid when we change this we have to reassign alot of models to the new texture paths, since all nercom variants are in use.

Also the Necrom textures could be redesigned at some point, since the lack quality and are similar to the vanilla temple variants.

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/8ygx.png/][img]http://imageshack.us/a/img837/9238/8ygx.th.png[/img][/url]
--Mwgek--
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

The bounding box on tr_ing_cupling is really excessive:

[url=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/tr_ing_cupling.png][img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/th_tr_ing_cupling.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by RelinQ on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dexter (on IAS): "Since when do you need to be able to do backflips to dig holes?" Fri 29 Jul, 2005 3:57:03
Sload (on Narsis): "Jesus Christ, I wonder why there was lag when you had an 80,000 face gazebo." Thu 09 Apr, 2009 11:46:33
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Lightning issue on indoril banners with MGE XE. [FIXED]

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/1lph.jpg/][img]http://imageshack.us/a/img802/502/1lph.th.jpg[/img][/url]
Last edited by Mwgek on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
--Mwgek--
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Why don't the Necrom Ordinators (TR_ordinator_necrom and TR_ordinator_necrom_s) wear their own cuirass? They're out of uniform! The cuirass is properly worn by some of the mainland NPC ordinators, though. (TR_m3_Lighthouse_Guard, TR_m2_Erendes Hlervan, and TR_m2_O_Avelo wears one obviously looted from the dead ordinator next to him).
Infragris
Developer

Post by Infragris »

The dreugh pauldron ground mesh (tr_a_draugh_pld_gnd.nif) has a netch leather texture on the upper arm part. Seems like the dreugh upper arm mesh is based on the netch leather one, and someone forgot to replace the textures.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

The paths to the ground meshes for the Daedric Lord armor are wrong. They're TR\a\TR_Dae_Lords_[Item]_GND.nif in the ESM, but TR\a\TR_Dae_Lord_[Item]_GND.nif in the BSA. Note the difference between Lords and Lord.
Numenorean

Post by Numenorean »

Not exactly a bug, but still a little odd:

TR_bk_Remanada2_TES4, last sentence:
Here torn pages indicate that the rest of this ancient book has been lost
The book is used five times in TR, so it can't be a single copy. It's imo quite implausible that each book has the last sides torn out. The same problem in Skyrim, where the Remanada is also used several times.
Suggestion: simply remove the last sentence or reformulate it. Good idea to integrate some of Oblivion's texts, but imho better without Bethesda's small oversights.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Gro-dhal's "Dunmer Law: A Primer" replacing "Varieties of Heresy", ready for merge.

Also [url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=316684#316684]Rats' Shambalu plans[/url] for BookArt.

And [url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=316540#316540]Rats' map of the Teyn region[/url] for BookArt.

--

@Numenorean: The torn pages are supposedly in the archaeological source, not in the present copy of the book. I agree that lacunae could be handled more masterfully, but this does make sense.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Newly added TR_cr_dreugh03 can't fight.

EDIT: Book TR_bk_VarietiesofHeresy still appears on levlists. Sorry for not catching this myself!
abot
TR Tester

Post by abot »

I have lots of TR_ creatures with unassigned sound gen producing hideous werewolf sounds.
TR_centurion_projectile, TR_centurion_projmeleem, TR_cr_barfish_1a, TR_cr_dwrv_explodo_01, TR_cr_dwrv_explodo_02, TR_cr_sea_crab, TR_Guar_Harness, TR_hoom, TR_cr_sea_crab_dis, TR_Velk
[EDIT]found 1 more, also TR_cr_dwrv_explodo_xx should have metal sparks blood

[EDIT2]book TR_bk_GospelofSaintFelms
The blue letters upon silver cloth shimmered in the morning light.BR>
[EDIT3]
icons\tr\c\tr_pb_robe_com_i.dds,
icons\tr\c\tr_pb_robe_com_ii.dds
in TR_Data.bsa are missing icon transparency
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I noticed two minor errors with the new Uld Vraech flora models. Neither error is very noticeable in-game.

Object: TR_f_conespruce1 and TR_f_conespruce1_snow
Error: upper trunk has a different texture from the lower trunk.

Object: TR_flora_AntlerFir2
Error: the alphas are a little wonky; the leaves have black outlines when seen from afar. The error isn't as pronounced in-game as it is in the CS, though.
Here's a screenshot of the tree in-game, with a screenshot of how it looks in the CS inset:

[url=http://imageshack.us/a/img707/4690/g81s.jpg][img]http://imageshack.us/a/img707/4690/g81s.th.jpg[/img][/url]
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

@Haplo: here is some stuff from Rats (or, more precisely, from Midgetalien) for the Data (needed for the alpha):
http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=317315#317315

Sorry for not telling you about this earlier; I myself wasn't aware of that post until now.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Some good bug reports from Nabalzbhf on http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=318241#318241 .
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Also, I want to make a point for the inclusion of credits and permissions into TR_Data.7z (as a readme file), seeing that TR_Data is a modders' resource. Currently we have this in the INI (as far as permissions go; the credits are too long to be copied here):
===============================================
09. RESOURCE USAGE
===============================================

The following creatures are not allowed to be used in any other mod:
- Dres Skyrender and all its variants
The following resources should only be used in mods with a dependency on TR (please do not distribute the resources):
- Molecrab
- Riverstrider
- Telvanni Cephalopod
- Vermai
All other resources can be used and redistributed without needing a dependency on TR_Data.esm, provided the TR team is duly credited for the resources used.

Feel free to make mods of any description dependant upon the Tamriel Rebuilt mods. We welcome any such work that you may desire to work on.
I'm not even sure which of these are up-to-date anymore, but either way, if someone just downloads the Data, he won't have this info and he should.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

We should remember to make mention of the modders' resources we included recently, when necessary. Off the top of my head, that Goblin Shaman, and maybe thank the P:C and SHotN teams for the assets they shared with us just as a courtesy, if we don't do that already.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/83265276/TR_Data.7z
New TR_Data.esp for Haplo.

Changes made:
- An accidentally overwritten dialogue entry on "little advice" removed.
- 5 new books added.
- New levlists TR_stat_askkaedh* for the Askkaedh Coast.
- Roth Roryn now has appropriate sleep critters (as far as "appropriate" fits here, given that we still have only the same old critters from the Ascadian Isles).

Balancing has not been changed.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Datapatch.7z uploaded to Dropbox.

Haplo: please merge this file with the TR_Data.esp I uploaded yesterday, or with your Data, whichever is newer. It deals with the bugreports from http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=318241#318241 and with the "Rain of Sand" book.
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Gnomey wrote:I noticed two minor errors with the new Uld Vraech flora models. Neither error is very noticeable in-game.

Object: TR_f_conespruce1 and TR_f_conespruce1_snow
Error: upper trunk has a different texture from the lower trunk.

Object: TR_flora_AntlerFir2
Error: the alphas are a little wonky; the leaves have black outlines when seen from afar. The error isn't as pronounced in-game as it is in the CS, though.
Here's a screenshot of the tree in-game, with a screenshot of how it looks in the CS inset:

[url=http://imageshack.us/a/img707/4690/g81s.jpg][img]http://imageshack.us/a/img707/4690/g81s.th.jpg[/img][/url]
That black outline shows when multiple layers of alphas are in one line of eachother.
--Mwgek--
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

New patch for TR_Data:

- 2 new books from gro (not replacing any old books).
- New enchanted items with swift-swim enchantments (relatively useless but reduce the annoyance factor; good as early-to-midgame rewards). Names should be considered non-final: "Amulet of Meriyon's Fins", "Horker Talisman", "Dreugh Left Pauldron-Fin", "Dreugh Right Pauldron-Fin", "The Horker's Tooth" and "Dreugh Shield of Meriyon's Fins".
- Deprecated and misplaced books removed from leveled lists.
- Leveled lists made for Adan's dreugh. Ceterum censeo, the dreugh-03 model is still unable to fight!
- New class TR_OreMiner with the obvious uses. No dialogue for it so far (this is the job of TR_Mainland).
- New closets TR_de_p_closet_02_cloth, TR_de_rm_closet_cloth_m, TR_de_rm_closet_cloth_f, TR_de_r_closet_cloth_f, TR_de_r_closet_cloth_m, containing clothes (some random and some fixed) of varying quality (attempting to be "natural", e. g., not just one level but rather a mix).
- New chest TR_de_r_chest_01_ordina containing ordinator equipment (armor and indoril amulet), some random and some fixed. For use in guard towers, because we know these are the alpha and omega of city design.
- De-levelscaled levlist TR_Random_Clothing.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

The version of the data patch in my previous post is now final.

In other news, we should lock this thread and start a new one, with all the error reports that are still relevant copied over. This one is getting way too confusing, and it is also broken because of the post count being higher than it should be (mea culpa, I deleted some posts long ago).
Nabalzbhf

Post by Nabalzbhf »

Everything in the "TR_a_daedric_lords_" set follows the convention "Daedric Lords Foo". This was probably meant to be "Daedric Lord's". Also, is there a reason the gauntlets aren't the same armor value as the rest of the set?

"TR_a_daedric_tshield_02" should use "Tower Shield" instead of "Towershield".

The "TR_a_dres_" set also has varying armor values. Boots, Greaves, and oddly enough the Tower Shield are 17 instead of 19.

"TR_a_dres_hunt_greaves" are 16 instead of the normal 17 for no discernible reason. Also, they're only 1 pound heavier than a single pauldron, which is weird.

"TR_a_Face_Molag_Bal" is absurd. Fortify Speechcraft 75 is overpowered, and the Constant Damage Willpower effect encourages power-gaming. It's not in the game, so I'm hoping this was a joke.

"TR_a_hist_freedom" is inexplicably superior in every way to "TR_a_hist_cuirass" and "TR_a_hist_visitor", statwise.

"TR_a_hist_visitor" has a really weird theme, that I don't really "get". Also, is there really a situation where someone wouldn't wear the normal hist cuirass and carry healing potions instead?

"TR_a_IrfeidLeftShoulder" and "TR_a_IrfeidRightShoulder" have seriously lame enchantments. At least increase the magnitude.

"TR_a_LeftBlacksmith" is neat, but the bonus is fairly underwhelming.

"TR_a_RightBlacksmith" has a different price value from "TR_a_LeftBlacksmith", but at least the bonus is better.

"TR_a_stud_leather_pauldron_left" should use "Pauldron" instead of "pauldron".

"TR_a_wood_shield" should use "Tower Shield" instead of "Towershield".

And that should be it for now. On a lighter note though, when I saw there was a "Dreugh Boots" item, I actually had to stop and think for a second. :P
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Nabalzbhf wrote:Everything in the "TR_a_daedric_lords_" set follows the convention "Daedric Lords Foo". This was probably meant to be "Daedric Lord's". Also, is there a reason the gauntlets aren't the same armor value as the rest of the set?
This is due to character limits IIRC. There isn't space for an apostrophe.

The "TR_a_dres_" set also has varying armor values. Boots, Greaves, and oddly enough the Tower Shield are 17 instead of 19.

"TR_a_dres_hunt_greaves" are 16 instead of the normal 17 for no discernible reason. Also, they're only 1 pound heavier than a single pauldron, which is weird.
I don't think armor is required to have the same AR for all pieces of a set.
"TR_a_hist_freedom" is inexplicably superior in every way to "TR_a_hist_cuirass" and "TR_a_hist_visitor", statwise.
It's only inexplicable if you are just going through a list of entries in the CS without any kind of reference. _Freedom and _Visitor are special versions.
"TR_a_IrfeidLeftShoulder" and "TR_a_IrfeidRightShoulder" have seriously lame enchantments. At least increase the magnitude.

"TR_a_LeftBlacksmith" is neat, but the bonus is fairly underwhelming.

"TR_a_RightBlacksmith" has a different price value from "TR_a_LeftBlacksmith", but at least the bonus is better.
Not errors. Every piece of armor shouldn't be amazing or super cool, and differences in the armor are great reasons for differing values.

Also, TR_a_daedric tower shield is already two words.
Also also, I disagree that Molag Bal is bad in any way.

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Oops! We have no signposts to Ald Erfoud, Andothren, Kragenmar, Old Ebonheart and Teyn.
Adanorcil
Developer Emeritus

Post by Adanorcil »

Mentioning this here because it's useful:

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24275
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Cut'n'pasted from the wrong thread, with no checking on my side:

TR_ex_Narsis_columnade Thirr River Valley (2,-23) 22216 -188178 105 "is this mesh smoothed? it seem to have sharp edges everywhere"

TR_ex_Narsis_basement1 Rethil Plantation Dock (4,-21) 38220 -165664 -110 "how about this one?"

TR_f_fern01_db Map3 (10,-18) 88766 -145869 1838 "doesnt this mesh have something wrong with alpha blending? it behaves oddly ingame"

EDIT: also, from Toccatta on the official forums:

"Found an oddity while I was looking around the mainland today. The Native Chuzei bonemold pauldrons don't mix well with other armor styles (specifically, TR_a_ind_pauldron_left_01 & TR_a_ind_pauldron_right_01). I noticed when I inadvertently mixed an 01 variant on the left shoulder and an 02 variant from a different NPC onto the right shoulder of an armor mannequin.

As soon as the 02 variant was placed onto the shoulder, part of the 01 pauldron on the opposite shoulder disappeared. After some testing, I isolated the problem as belonging specifically to the 01 pauldrons. It seems that the left pauldron uses the right pauldron biped object and vice-versa, so when both 01 variant pauldrons are on the same NPC, they look just fine. But use either 01 variant pauldron with the opposite pauldron of any other armor type, and both will try to use the same biped object, causing a conflict."

EDIT: also:

Native Chuzei gauntlets seem to have missing icons. They're the Indoril kind. :shrug:

Also, TR_common_shirt_01 works fine on the player but when I view it on their doll, it is mostly invisible.
Last edited by arvisrend on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

New data patch, this time with 2 .esps. Both should be merged into TR_Data. (I accidentally made two of them and it's too much of a pain to merge them without merging TR_Data into them as well.)

- Four books added.

- TR_bk_DawnsDisplacement (deprecated) no longer suggests to replace it by a book that should be unique.

- New containers to replace two containers defined in M3A6:
TR_M3_cont_ind_tomb -> TR_cont_indori_01_bmeal (culdem with 2 bonemeals)
TR_m3_com_chest_02_skoo -> TR_com_chest_02_skooma5 (chest with 5-8 skooma)
abot
TR Tester

Post by abot »

I hear still lots of obnoxious werewolf sounds emitted by some TR creatures
[EDIT]also, TR_cr_dwrv_explodo_xx should have metal blood

[EDIT2]also, many bugs should have bug blood [EDIT2b] scrap this, I realized bug blood is not standard, it was introduced by Creatures mod

[EDIT3]also, many skeletons should have white blood /scrapped, was a mod conflict)

final suggested changes:

CREA: tr_centurion_projectile
CNAM: Sound_Gen_Creature:centurion_projectile
FLAG: 0x084c (Walks, Metal_Blood, Weapon_And_Shield)

CREA: tr_centurion_projmelee
CNAM: Sound_Gen_Creature:centurion_projectile
FLAG: 0x084c (Walks, Metal_Blood, Weapon_And_Shield)

CREA: tr_cr_barfish_1a
Record: CREA "tr_cr_barfish_1a" Flags:0x0000 ()
CNAM: Sound_Gen_Creature:Slaughterfish_Small

CREA: tr_cr_dwrv_explodo_01
Record: CREA "tr_cr_dwrv_explodo_01" Flags:0x0000 ()
CNAM: Sound_Gen_Creature:centurion_spider
FLAG: 0x0828 (Flies, Metal_Blood)

CREA: tr_cr_dwrv_explodo_02
CNAM: Sound_Gen_Creature:centurion_spider
FLAG: 0x0828 (Flies, Metal_Blood)

CREA: tr_cr_sea_crab
CNAM: Sound_Gen_Creature:mudcrab

CREA: tr_guar_harness
CNAM: Sound_Gen_Creature:guar_pack

CREA: tr_hoom
CNAM: Sound_Gen_Creature:nix-hound

CREA: tr_velk
CNAM: Sound_Gen_Creature:nix-hound
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Hmmm... I've noticed that all of the TR_a_daedric_lords armor pieces are missing their meshes. This may just be a problem with my CS, but it seems strange that only these armor meshes are gone. :roll:
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

Object: Book "TR_bk_GospelofSaintSeryn"
Error: Orolas’s used where it should be Orolas'. Also, "She was dark of skin, but not as the Dark Elves are" shouldn't it be Dunmer?