TR_Data Error Reporting

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

I had this idea on my way into work. What if we put back in the collision mesh, but positioned it so that the ashscum was waist high. This way, the edges of the ponds would still work as normal, but if the bottom dropped too much, then the player would be walking on the ashscum collision mesh, and not the bottom of the pond. This would completely flatten the bottom, but that's sort of what you want anyway.

I have no problem with adding extra stuff to TR_Data if needed.

Edit: Set the collision mesh to be at -72. This made the ashscum waist high for a Wood Elf, a little lower for everyone else. Tried this out in-game and it works nice. What probably happened with this area is that there were probably a lot more water ways and less ashscum. Then someone said that we needed more ashscum, so the waterways were just tiled over with the ashscum. Most of the ashscum is only ankle high. There is still a lot of work to be done on the Grey Meadows exterior. Boundaries need to be fixed, and close attention to what should be ashscum and what should be water.

If this is OKay with you, I'll replace the ashscum with my new models in the next update.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Sounds good, Seneca!

Agreed, Grey Meadows needs a little work. Its own discussion thread would be in order.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

I am in the process of moving all of our textures out of the root textures directory and into our own textures\TR directory structure. The plan is to move armor to tr\a, body parts to tr\b, clothing to tr\c, creatures to tr\cr, weapons to tr\w and the rest would be in just the tr directory. I've asked on the Beth Forum if any of the modders would be terrible upset by this - so far no problems. Now I'm asking here. Would anyone have any issues with this move?

In addition to the move, I have made the following changes:

Fixed background of Icons tr\c\tr_pb_robe_com_i.dds and tr\c\tr_pb_robe_com_ii.dds

Fixed node numbering of meshes\tr\a\tr_a_histcuirass.nif and tr\c\tr_c_capetest.nif

Created new models of MW meshes: furn_tapestry00.nif, furn_tapestry10.nif, furn_tapestry20.nif and furn_tapestry30.nif =>tr_furn_tapestry00.nif ....
Moved collision to be just the bar and added NiStencilProperty (tapestry on both sides)

Lowered collision meshes to -72 in meshes tr\x\tr_terr_ashscum_01 - 03.nif

Updated/Fixed ALL the water meshes (now they shouldn't disappear)

Put back the following textures (not sure why they were removed)
tr_ind_mark_amalexia.dds
tr_ind_mark_dunaka.dds
tr_ind_mark_veloave.dds

tr\m\tr_book_open_i07.nif – replaced tr_asy_book_e04.tga (does not exist) with tx_book_edge_01.dds

Missing texture tx_skyrim_wood_04a.dds in sky_misc_w_gob_01_02 replaced with tx_skyrim_wood_04.dds, UV map rotated 90 degrees.

Missing texture tx_metal_iron_rusty01.dds in sky_furn_brdpdl_02_01.nif & sky_furn_brdpdl_02_02.nif replaced with tx_metal_iron_rusty_01.dds

Removed tr\cr\xtr_guar_deshaan.nif and xtr_guar_deshaan.km – missing textures (no tr_guar_deshaan.nif file)
Removed tr\cr\xtr_dres_bug_tiny_vo.nif – missing textures (no tr_dres_bug_tiny_vo.nif file)

Removed following files – duplicates and had missing textures
tr_c_red_hero_skirt_r.nif
tr_c_red_hero_skirt_rg.nif
tr_c_red_hero_skirt_y.nif
tr_c_red_hero_skirt_yg.nif

REMOVE tr\x\tr_notes.txt – should not be here

The following meshes were removed due to missing textures and they were not in the ESM file
tr\b\tr_pb_imp_m_tulnus_un2.nif
tr\f\tr_narsis_banner.nif
tr\f\tr_narsis_hla_ban.nif
tr\f\xtr_narsis_hla_ban.nif
tr\f\xtr_narsis_hla_ban.kf
tr\f\tr_act_orc_bed_l.nif
tr\f\tr_act_orc_bed_r.nif
tr\f\tr_flora_saltrice01_gb.nif
tr\f\tr_flora_saltrice02_gb.nif
tr\f\tr_flora_saltrice03_gb.nif

Fixed Vertex Colors in tr\f\tr_f_conespruce1.nif and tr\f\tr_f_conespruce1s.nif; made all colors R:0.357 G:0.298 B:0.271 A:1.0

Resaved tr_flora_antlerfir3.dds with DXT3 compression and mipmaps (to remove black lines from leafs)

I still have to add several new models, and fix some more items. So no need, yet, to say I forgot something.

As soon as I have tested the model filea after moving all the texture files, I'll post the updated TR_Data.esm and TR_Data.bsa files.
Tinker

Script errors

Post by Tinker »

Testing this with OpenMW I get reports of a script that fails to compile.

error script TR_m2_kmlz_ChefB_WaterSquare_sc, line 18, column 23 ()): Unexpected special token

The extra ) is also repeated 5 lines further on in the script, these types of syntax error seem to be ignored by Bethesda's engine but OpenMW is more critical.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Here are the new TR_Data files v14.12, the change log, and a new item catalog.

TR_DATA v14.12 (link removed)
*Sorry - there a small problem with the land textures. As soon as I have this fixed, I'll post a new link.

TR_DATA v14.12B This version has fixed the issue with land textures.

Edit:2014/12/31 - Updated TR_Data file to version 14.12B.
Attachments
TR_DATA_NewItemCatalog.pdf
(5.28 MiB) Downloaded 238 times
TR_DATA_ChangeLog_v14.12B.txt
(12.12 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Last edited by Seneca37 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Plans for next TR_DATA update.(proposed release: end of January)

BSA file
1) Continue fixing current meshes/.nif files (remove unneeded KeyFrame stuff, remove hidden meshes, and fix collision meshes). I will be concentrating on the following directories a,b,c,d,l,n. The cr directory will be last - since it will take some time for me to understand all the workings of the creatures, and how best to test and fix them (if needed).

2) Begin to add collision meshes to all the models that need it. I'll start with models that have more than 1000 triangles and no collision mesh.

ESM file
1) Begin to add new items to the esm. There are several meshes in the BSA file that are not referenced in the esm file.

2) Add any new models/references as needed.
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

Awesome work seneca37 :)

Moving the textures into a TR folder is a good idea imo.

And the new items look really nice, useful and lore friendly.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Thank you for your immense effort, seneca!
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

TR_DATA v14.12B This version has fixed the issue with land textures. This is the same as above, just making sure people see the update.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

I forgot to update the texture file for the new warship sails. Using TR_Data v14.12B, the sails will be white. This will be corrected in the next update.
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

1/24/2015 (00:09) TR_Mainland.esm 1/1/2012 (19:00) Wouter ex_dwrv_observ00 Boethian Mountains (34,7) 280894 59590 1100 "This mesh lacks a collision box."

Exactly as it says on the tin. I can walk straight through the telescope lens.
The death of vanilla Morrowind will end this prophecy and unite all Morrowind fans again under one mod, one faith, one rule by our divine project. The puppet Morrowind overhaul mods will lay down their arms and bow to our will. Those who do not yield will be destroyed.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

That's a bug with a MW model - they included a collision box on the lower structure, but forgot to put one on the top section. At this point in time, we do not have plans to fix MW errors - just our own ( I have over 500 models to put collision meshes on). Hopefully one of people working on the new MW patch will see this and fix it.
Tes96
Reviewer

Snow in Telvannis Isles

Post by Tes96 »

I was traveling eastwards through the [url=http://i.imgur.com/cJgYnPy.jpg]Sea of Ghosts[/url] towards the [url=http://i.imgur.com/nMfP0JM.jpg]Telvanni Isles[/url] and it was snowing most of the way there. This was with a fresh new game I had started. I'm using latest data. It's not supposed to be snowing in the Telvanni region, is it?

Also, in Port Telvannis, the [url=http://i.imgur.com/E1D3POi.jpg]Services[/url] topic, is it grammatically correct to say "find him in the southeast of the city"? Isn't southeast used as an adjective here? And thus, shouldn't it be something like "find him in the southeast section/area of the city"?
[url=http://www.project-tamriel.com/]Project Tamriel[/url]

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."