Claim: 5-17-Red Claimed by Sir Dave
Maps In Group Map 5 at (-29,14):(-26,12)
 Faction: House Redoran
 Area size: 12
 Files:
Name Size Last Modified
TR_5-17-Red_Haplo_1.esp 667.5 KB Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am
TR_5-17-Red_Sir Dave_5.esp 663.7 KB Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:46 am
Description
Uld Vraech, Velothi Mountains, roads and wilderness.

Please download the merged map 5, meshes and textures found here: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=19347 - and work from the esp. Smooth/fix and change landscape if necessary, preferably not so much at claim borders.

Note that cleaning irrelevant cells may create land tears, so backup your work regularly and often. It is advisable to keep neighboring claim cells while working on your claim IF they are in a acceptable finished state, as to keep static/texture/style consistency in our work. If in doubt, look to earlier finished claims for reference.

The program TESAME is okay for cleaning.

5-17 should continue on the BM wilderness style of 5-28, as well as continuing the river flowing from 5-11 in the same manner. It's tricky but looks really awesome.

Make sure to create the bridges tall enough for ships to pass under. Nordic burial ruins is acceptable north of the Cormaris river (in the UV part of this claim). Add caves and stuff as you'd like as well, and don't forget the occasional civilian residence.
Last Edited by Haplo
(Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:39 pm) Post
Send private message   Reply with quote      
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

See this picture for regional borders, roads and rivers. Some roads are a little "off" in the Uld Vraech part, but the merged map file has the layout we're aiming for.

Clicky me...

Post Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:48 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Sir Dave
Developer
14 Apr 2010

Claiming.

I'll add a farm or two to this area, as well as a guards post at the end of the bridge.

Is a ropebridge over the rivers acceptable? I tried making a bridge with redoran statics, but it looked awkward.

Also: is a dwemer ruin in this area okay?
Post Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:29 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Granted!
Farm or two is okay, guard post as well. Regarding rope bridge, it's supposed to be a main road wo the bridge would have to be able to support a guar cart or similar size at least. Perhaps the nord stone bridge could work? Even imperial bridge would be "acceptable" since they like infrastructure... Feel free to test different stuff. Dwemer ruin ok as well.

Oh, and I might have forgotten to drop the new TR_terrain_BM_scliff_01 - 06 statics here, they are really nifty statics that looks awesome!
Post Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:41 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Any progresstuffthings on this one?
Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:02 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Sir Dave
Developer
14 Apr 2010

Yep.

Be sure to give me some feedback on the bridge I've designed. It was quite difficult to come up with something that could have a ship sailing underneath without defying physics entirely.

I've mainly focussed on the bridge and some other structures so far.
Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:16 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Yeah, that seems to work. Nice ruin as well!
Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:58 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Why
Lead Developer
04 Jul 2009

"Nice" has to be the understatement of the week, that thing is awesome. I love the Redoran outpost too.
Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:44 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus
02 Feb 2007

The ruin is great; this whole claim shows a great eye for exterior work, really very well done.

It would be nice if the bridge was flat - it's weird running over it in-game. Perhaps a 'floor tile' could be made with the texture of the bridge, to fill in the gaps?

a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Post Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:09 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nemon
Developer Emeritus
18 Oct 2003

Yeah, ok. Let me rephrase "nice" to "great" then! Sometimes we just get too used to great stuff, we're raising the bar every year. Remember when my former Kogotel got tons of praise back in '08? I'd barely approve it today...
Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:29 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

This is really great stuff! Keep it up dude Smile

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Post Sat May 11, 2013 8:22 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Sir Dave
Developer
14 Apr 2010

Done!

Interiors:

-27,12 Large Dwemer ruin
-26,13 Redoran guard post
-27,14 Farm with storage shack
-28,14 Farmhouse and hidden between the rocks is a cave
-28,12 Two caves. The lower one is meant as a mine infested with something nasty, the other one could also be a mine, but abandoned
-29,12 cave, could be a bandit hideout maybe.
-29,13 hidden behind a waterfall is a dwemer door, supposed to be a tiny ruin
-29,14 a tomb
Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:45 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Aeven
Lead Developer
17 Aug 2008

Hey, this is really great! You do have a number of casperings in the Dwemer 'castle' part though, especially near the gate. Also seems you forgot the door for the ruin behind the waterfall.

But really nice stuff! Very Happy

<Nemon> I've never understood the way of weed

<~Haplo> I like cheese. I like cheese alot. yes. truly, in fact I love the cheese

<+SamirA> butt hat is the endgame
Post Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:12 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Approved. This claim is AWESOME. Very good work!
Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:13 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group