q1-68-Tel

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

I can tell you why your script doesn't work.
GameHour is a float variable. It will never be exactly equal to anything because it goes out to 6 decimal places or something like that. You have to use inequalities. I recommend that you search for a range, like: if you start the script at 15.263 o'clock, your script should be looking for the time to be between 14.263 and 15.263. By looking for a range you avoid the issue that your inequality might return true prematurely, at midnight. Alternatively you could be looking for GameHour > 15.263 and Day != StartDay
Imagine my insult to find that "Raw Glass has no effect on you." I became very huffy at the implication that my intelligence could not be lowered further. Then again, I did just eat a piece of glass.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Another possibility is to use another variable. Something like this:

Code: Select all

short ShortHour
set ShortHour to GameHour
if ( ShortHour == 15 )
The game will automatically round the value.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Right, thanks for your help guys.

I have now fixed the timer script, so everything should be in order. I'd still like some external testing, but that can be done later. To confirm this thing's now 'officialy' finished, do I set it to 100%? (Which I'm going to do anyway, but will that make people realise it's ready for merging/reviewing?)
Attachments
TR_q1_68_Tel.esp
Latest version of quests. If you want to test, see notes on previous page.
(61.01 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Yep, that should do it. Lud should move it to reviewing when he sees it.

Thanks for the tip about the shorthour Gez; I didn't know that :)
Imagine my insult to find that "Raw Glass has no effect on you." I became very huffy at the implication that my intelligence could not be lowered further. Then again, I did just eat a piece of glass.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Sent to Reviewing :-)
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Note to self: merged
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

These are the error reports for these quests:

House Telvanni:Uncharted Waters
I did not discover any bugs with this, but arent the reward a bit overpowered? i mean all you do is climb/levitate to the top of a tower, swim around in the waters of Oblivion for a while and then get teleported back to the tower.
And for this very easy task you get a very powerfull daedric dagger, which is odd. Uncharted waters has the only good reward for the mouth quests. All other quests have rewards you will find relatively disappointing. Lord Dral doesn't link the amount of work you did to the reward given, he simply isn't that kind of guy (think of it this way, as the player you took an enormous risk, that risk entitles you to a reward).

House Telvanni:Ingredients for Lord Dral
Ok, this quest was fairly straightforward and easy, but it could cost you quite a bit of money. I think the reward in this quest is a bit to weak.

House Telvanni:Cencus in Ranyon-Ruhn
When returning to the one who gave you the quest, i decided to tell the truth about the imperial n'wah, but when i did this an error came up
Script TR_m1_q_Nevrile
Syntax Error Line 2.
Could not find variable "expelCartil".
==>CompileAndRun problem was found in Topic "census"
"That incompentent bufoon! I really must consult with the @Council# about raising our entry standards, and I'll have Cartil expelled from @House Telvanni# immediately. I will not tolerate such fools."
Also, the councilors seemed way to nice for Telvanni councilors, i mean they were not rude to me one single time, they never insulted me or anything. Thats not the Telvanni spirit!
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

BC said he's already corrected these errors and sent me this file. Moved back to reviewing.
Attachments
TR_q1_68_Tel.esp
(61 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Merged for 2nd testing
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Approving, only one mouth claim remaining in reviewing, I think that doesn't stay long there...