q1-65-Imp

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Good to see this one finally finish up :-D
I'll see if I can find time to help you test between OB mainquesting. Thanks for taking this one off my hands!
Imagine my insult to find that "Raw Glass has no effect on you." I became very huffy at the implication that my intelligence could not be lowered further. Then again, I did just eat a piece of glass.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Just to make things easier for you, here's my 'testing' (uncleaned, debuggy stuff left in: e.g. doors to Nassudan and the boat next to Coladia Nelus' house, as well as an actual way out of Nassudan) .esp.

I must warn you that I've already encountered a large problem with Find Mashug, in that my previously working script (TR_m1_q_MashugShowTrap, where Mashug shows you the trap when you first turn up) now fails to work. This is mightily annoying, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: .esp removed. More up to date one in subsequent posts.
Last edited by Bloodthirsty Crustacean on Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

It doesn't work in the dirty version, or it doesn't work after cleaning?
Imagine my insult to find that "Raw Glass has no effect on you." I became very huffy at the implication that my intelligence could not be lowered further. Then again, I did just eat a piece of glass.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Doesn't work in the dirty version. I've done nothing in the version I've cleaned yet, (because of all the debug stuff in the uncleaned version) so for all I know it could work there.

I'll upload the latest .esp: a number of fixes are included.

I'm also having major problems with the opening line of your "Erdlan Galelan" quest. It really doesn't like it, but I can't work out why.

EDIT: Okay, the script is not a problem. It was a problem because on my testing game I had a save in the middle of the Find Mashug quest, in Nassudan. When I loaded, the changes made created a duplicate Mashug, and I disabled the old one, assuming newer was better. Of course, the game assumed the old one was the original "TR_m1_Mashug..." and assigned all the commands to him.

On testing with a 'never been to TR areas before' character, there was no problem. So all appears to be well.

Erdlan Galelan is still a problem though.
Attachments
TR_q1_65_Imp_FG.esp
Latest test version.

TESTING ONLY
(185.68 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Sorry for the delay, my internet's been down the past two/three days. This is now all finished up, and I'm pretty much sure it's bug free (unless final cleaning wants to muck things up) apart from one script which, once again, my less than amazing scripting know how means I'm unable to find the problem.

Code: Select all

Begin TR_m1_q_FGShipPrisonDoor_Script

short doOnce
short messageOn
short speakOnce

If ( Player->GetItemCount "TR_m1_q_FGPrisonKey" < 1 )
	return
Endif

If ( OnActivate == 1 )
	If ( GetJournalIndex TR_m1_FG_Stalker_Alt < 10 )
		Activate
		return
	ElseIf ( GetJournalIndex TR_m1_FG_Stalker_Alt >= 50 )
		return
	Else
		MessageBox "Do you want to lock the door now?" "Yes" "No"
		set messageOn to 1
	Endif
Endif

if ( messageOn == 1)
	set button to GetButtonPressed
	if ( button >= 0 )
		set messageOn to 0
	endif
	if ( button == 0 )
		SetAtStart
		Lock 100
		Journal TR_m1_FG_Stalker_Alt 50
		set TR_m1_q_Garrulus.trapped to 2
		If ( speakOnce == 0 )
			TR_m1_q_Garrulus->ForceGreeting
			set speakOnce to 1
		Endif		
	elseif ( button == 1 )
		Activate
		return
	endif
endif

End
This is the script that locks the door in the final mission.

Thanks for any help.
Attachments
TR_q1_65_Imp_FG.esp
Latest TESTING version.
(191.45 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Here are the revised quest notes:
  • ;Place TR_m1_Ademnal_Lleryn and TR_m1_Mervis_Ravalen in Firewatch, outside Queen's Cutlass
    ;Place TR_m1_FG3_deadconstructs in Manzirache, Hall of Dumac, replacing an existing dynamo.
    ;Remove ALL enemies from Manzirache, Hall of Dumac, and place 7 TR_m1_FG3_spider, and 2 TR_m1_FG3_scout
    ;Place TR_m1_O_Jalian in Zainna
    ;Create exterior for Nassudan, and PLEASE ADD RELEVANT DIRECTIONS (do a text search for Nassudan)
    ;Place TR_m1_q_FG_JanaMarker in "Bal Oyra, Jana Livia..." at the bottom of the 'lowest staircase'
    ;Remove Imperial Guard from "Bal Oyra, Jana..."
    ;Place TR_m1_q_Garrulus in Firewatch (18, 15), looking through one of Coladia Nelus' windows. (Pref. one near tree)
    ;Place exterior ship for Pioneer's Wake at Gah Ouadaruhn docks. Must be activator. Attach script "TR_m1_q_FG_BoatStuffDisable"
    ;Place TR_m1_q_Captain on ship (exterior)
    ;Place "TR_m1_S_Ka_Minhir" in "Tel Ouada, Guar Farm: Stash Shack" (Don't ask, just do ;))

One small tweak that the merger may want to make is to change the 'entry tile' of Nassudan to a 'corner tile', just to ensure that the player never sees the force-field by accident whilst the script's getting into gear. This has happened to me occasionally, but wasn't sure if it warranted a fix.
I will upload the final, cleaned file soon. Hopefully cleaning won't cause anything weird.

Et voila.
Attachments
TR_q1_65_Imp.esp
Final version of FG questline.
(186.13 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Some notes from me:
- Mashug-Gro Dugal tells you to step on the carpet and look towards the exit to see trap, but then he does not wait for you to do so and steps off the platform immediately, showing you how the trap works (but the trap might not activate as player can still stand on the platform or/and look somewhere else).
Solution: Check the script conditions

- After saving Mashug-Gro Dugal by luring one mummy at the platform and leading him out, the questgiver thanked me for dealing with Coladias Stalker instead.
Solution: Check the journal script after saving Mashug-Gro Dugal.

- After killing all bandits I get no journal update :(

Otherwise I really love the smart scripting on most of these quests :D
THEO
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

I haven't actually tested this, but based on the script you posted, wouldn't you get credit for the quest if the stalker was not in the "prison room" aboard the ship when you lock it? Perhaps use a GetPos x (or whatever dimension it is) condition.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Thanks for the swift testing, Theo. :)

As for Mashug the first, I tried to fix that earlier, to see if it would work, and it didn't, but I'll have another crack at it.

For Mashug the second, when did you complete the quest? After having 'completed' the quest (i.e spoke to Galan while Mashug still trapped), during the quest (before the above), or any other time?

If you could give me more detail on that error, it'd be great.

As for the bandits, I assume you mean Jalian in Zainna? That's one of Grozas, so I'm not familiar with it's scripts. It had been a bit dodgy for me once or twice, but it seemed okay most of the time. I'll give it a check out.

EDIT: (And Theo, which version are you using, or did you do all the 'quest notes' stuff yourself)

@ Groza, the blokey is forced to follow you until you reach the prison room. You can't reasonably trap him anywhere else.

If the player can be bothered to stop him by cheaty means, he could just complete the quest via the console anyway, so "meh". I think all should be well.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Yes, I understand that he's supposed to follow you until you reach the prison room. My concern is that the conditions for locking the door are "possess the key" and "have started the quest." Therefore I'm afraid that you could lock the door while he is still following you, and get a journal update. As I said, I haven't tested it.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Oh yeah, see what you mean.

I'll give it a go. (I'll start now, shouldn't be too much trouble)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Okay, here's a new version with Mashug bug 1 and Groza's problem fixed (hopefully). Not tested yet, and if someone could do that for me, I'd be much obliged. :)

EDIT: Okay, weird stuff is happening. Don't use the previously attached .esp (if you got it), it's managed to screw up a bunch of scripts.

For some reason, both Garrulus' script and the boat door's scripts have suddenly taken offense at my referencing other scripts variables, meaning they can no longer be compiled, when they had been fine earlier. I have no idea why, and am a bit stuck for making Groza's fix, as I can no longer save the boat door script.

I have reattached a version with just the first Mashug bug fixed (hopefully, again this is not tested). Be aware this is a non-testing version, so you'll have to do all the 'quest notes' stuff yourself.

It is also uncleaned, so don't take it as final.
Attachments
TR_q1_65_Imp.esp
(186.45 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Grashok 2: After I managed to lead him out of the interior into Toddtest he told me he wants to breathe the fresh air first. After saying him goodbye I COCed to Firewatch and Galan Brand thanked me for dealing with Coladias stalker (I have not even played this quest yet). This should be fairly simple to fix.

To Jalian: The quest works nevertheless, I guess deadcount condition was used in the reward dialogue filter instead, which is more economic, but little confusing for player. However for me this is OK anyway.

I wished I could test this more intensively but my laptop is crap and I can hardly run Morrowind in it with the lowest settings. Loading takes eternity and the game crashes at every opportunity. My comp should be fixed within 2 weeks, hopefuly.
THEO
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Theo wrote:Grashok 2: After I managed to lead him out of the interior into Toddtest he told me he wants to breathe the fresh air first. After saying him goodbye I COCed to Firewatch and Galan Brand thanked me for dealing with Coladias stalker (I have not even played this quest yet). This should be fairly simple to fix.
When did Galan say that? Which topic? (Greeting, "Mashug gro-Dugal", "orders" etc.)
Theo wrote: To Jalian: The quest works nevertheless, I guess deadcount condition was used in the reward dialogue filter instead, which is more economic, but little confusing for player. However for me this is OK anyway.
Vanilla Morrowind does that a lot, so I'll just leave it. (This isn't Oblivion, no hand holding required ;))

Good luck with getting your comp fixed, it's extremely useful to have you testing this stuff. Many thanks!
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Hmmm.... I think it must have been topic orders. Perhaps it is possible that I clicked it before clicking on the topic "Mashug gro-Dugal". The greeting seemed to be OK for me. I do not remember quite exactly now.
THEO
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Well, if you could find out for sure, that'd be great.

Any other ideas (anyone) on my latest problem with scripts (see previous posts)?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Any more feedback on those bugs? I couldn't duplicate Theo's, and like I said, the CS has suddenly gone psycho on me, preventing me from doing anything with the scripts involved in Groza's error.

AFAIK, those are the only bugs left (and I can't find the first), but any more testing would be greatly appreciated! :))

EDIT: BTW, I'm on holiday for the next two weeks as of two day's time, so I won't be able to check up on this stuff, but please still make any comments necessary!
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

I will check on the quest properly once I am done with map 2 detailing. Then we have to focus on bringing map 1 quests to completion. I am willing to do as much quest reviewing as my real life will allow me, but for now have some patience, please :)
THEO
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Sure, no worries. Just wanted to let folks know I was going to be absent for a couple of weeks really, and that any and all help is still appreciated.

There is, of course, no pressure on anyone to provide any such help. :))
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

I'll leave this here for now, but once it gets the final fix-up it's ready for review, yes?
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

I certainly believe so. As soon as Theo can tell me the location of that bug, we're ready to roll pretty much. You might even want to set the reviewers on it right now. Theo's bug didn't sound too major, and if multiple people report it I'll know it's a bigger issue.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

I am confused. On second play the bug didn't appear again. Please do not wait for my testing now, I am very busy and might not get fully into it until September.
THEO
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Cool. Thanks, and don't worry about it, I'm sure we'll sort this out soon. :)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

ok, so this looks like it's ready for review then.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Merged
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »