Coordinates: 40,-15
Screenshot: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/ivoarcheoloog/stronghold.jpg
Last Edited by Thrignar Fraxix
(Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:43 am) Post
Send private message   Reply with quote      
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus
17 Aug 2004

I've always wanted to build one of these, but they're super rare, so I'm claiming this. Stronghold ruin tileset.

-Starcrunch
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:25 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Nanu
Developer Emeritus
16 Feb 2006

Go ahead, make my day. :P
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:54 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus
17 Aug 2004

Layout designed. Brief synopsis of the story for this site:

Long ago this small fortress served as a Indoril garrison and staging point for raids into Telvanni territory. It was completely abandon in the first era and has since been inhabited by numerous bandits, outcasts, smugglers, even an occasional necromancer or rogue wizard. Early in 3E426 house Indoril drove out a group of smugglers and stationed a small garrison in this place. A few months later they were joined by an Indoril priest and a group of laborers, who began excavations of the lower level, searching for something; a relic of importance to the Temple (and an Indoril noble family). For now I leave the relic undefined, they have not found it, but they have excavated a pit in their search. Dialog will hopefully be written to say more, and perhaps a quest. A journal will layout the bare bones of this story. The building is rundown, from almost 2 millennium of poor maintenance and remains mostly covered, but it is now occupied by an "owner" that has a mind to stick around for a while.

The dome serves as the barracks for the small contingent of soldiers who guard this operation. It's also the major meeting place of all invovled at the site, and serves as a store room (stronghold domes are quite large). There is also a small area that serves as a chapel for the people working at the site.

The first level is very small, and has only one room besides the usual corridors. This room is the quarters of the top Indoril soldier (and his wife or mistress).

The second level has two rooms, and a mud cave which is where the excavation takes place. The larger room serves as quarters for the laborers and the smaller serves as quarters for the Indoril priest. Side areas (you know hemispheres that sometimes bulge out of stronghold hallways are used as storage space.

All of this requires one minor change to the exterior. Since the site is now occupied by House Indoril it will be inappropriate for there to be a fire in the middle of the ashpit in the exterior. Also some lighting in the exterior would be nice since it is an occupied site (and the occupier is not a rogue faction). If this does not work please inform me immediately.

-Starcrunch
Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:48 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus
02 Feb 2005

I kind of had it planned to be a tiny rundown interior which serves as a bandit hideout, but your idea seems pretty cool Smile

I can make these changes to the exterior as I'm still holding Detailing #9.

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:19 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus
17 Aug 2004

Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear Razz .

Date of original abandonment is moved up to early second era, as the fortress was likely used through the end of the four score war.

-Starcrunch
Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:01 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus
17 Aug 2004

This is getting some much needed love, but won't be done before I finish Map 1 Telvanni Mouth quests.

Architecture is done and dome detailing is now complete.

-Starcurnch
Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:06 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus
17 Aug 2004

Done detailing the first floor. I'm pretty happy with how this is coming along now. I'll be finished in a day or so (I've had a lot of RL work the last week, so progress has been slow).

-Starcrunch
Post Mon May 07, 2007 4:45 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus
02 Feb 2005

I so can't wait to see this Crunchy Smile
Post Mon May 07, 2007 6:45 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
theviking
Developer Emeritus
08 Jan 2007

Well you are a reviewer so you can review it when starcrunch is finished with it...
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Post Mon May 07, 2007 8:32 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus
02 Feb 2005

Yeah, I haven't reviewed anything in quite some time, so I'll give it a shot if I have the time Smile
Post Tue May 08, 2007 12:54 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus
17 Aug 2004

The manuscript I'm working on (real-life) is taking longer than expected. Hopefully I can submit it tomorrow and then I'll be more freed up to work on this. Sorry for the delay Sad .

-Starcrunch
Post Wed May 09, 2007 7:09 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus
06 Dec 2004

Don't you dare leave us again crunchy! As much as I hate to say this, if you don't log in for another week, I am revoking your claims.

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Post Thu May 31, 2007 7:24 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus
06 Dec 2004

Fuck man, is making a leaving thread REALLY that hard?

REVOKED
Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:28 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus
06 Dec 2004

Claiming, will make it strongholdy and ruin-er-iffic
Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:29 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus
06 Dec 2004

Granting because I am rather cool
Post Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:30 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus
06 Dec 2004

as much as I want to make a stronghold ruin, I have to drop this. I don't have my computer ATM and this is a rather high priority claim. Also, the one time I opened up the CS to work on this I was completely uninspired. *sigh*
Post Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:53 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer
13 Jan 2006

Sounds like fun! (Claiming and hopefully not dropping later.)

I will make a small stronghold ruin, which would be inhabited by some wizards probably.
Post Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:45 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus
06 Dec 2004

Modding, Happy Granting... wait...
Post Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:31 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer
13 Jan 2006

Revoke this.
I fail at getting the architecture right.

"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:47 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus
06 Dec 2004

>_>
Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:58 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Silvone Elestahr
Developer
06 Oct 2003

Claiming. Will try to follow Crunches idea... will let you know if it changes.
Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:15 am Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Haplo
Lead Developer
30 Aug 2003

Granting. Enjoy your first interior since promotion!
Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:18 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Silvone Elestahr
Developer
06 Oct 2003

Complete: i2-352-imp;

Dome: TR_i2-352-imp_Dome
Structure-complete
Lighting-complete
Detailing-complete
New Items-none

Notes: The dome serves as the barracks for the Indoril garrison here. There is room enough for six beds, storage, a dining area, and a small shrine. There should be one guard stationed in here (once NPC's are placed).
There should be another guard stationed outside the dome as the lookout for the ruin. As far as I know, there is no way to get up to the dome without a high athletics skill or levitation.

Upper Level: TR_i2-352-imp_Upper-Level
Structure-complete
Lighting-complete
Detailing-complete
New Items-none

Notes: This floor contains the quarters of the leader of the Indorial garrison stationed here. He shares this room with his mistress/wife (undecided, will leave to it NPC creator). There should be two guards stationed in the hall here, one patrolling the east corridor and one patrolling the west corridor, and the wife/mistress should be inside the room.

Lower Level: TR_i2-352-imp_Lower-Level
Structure-complete
Lighting-complete
Detailing-complete
New Items-TR_m2_sack_excavation_p (cloth sack w/5 levitation potions);
TR_M2_key_i352_priest
TR_m2_bk_Diary_Ind_Priest

Notes: This level contains the priest's quarters. The door is locked, and requires the key "TR_M2_key_i352_priest" to be unlocked.
This level also contains the living quarters of the laborers. They quarters lead into the excavation pit. The pit is covered in scaffolding, and requires levitation potions to get around. I left a few bags holding 5 levitation potions each: "TR_m2_sack_excavation_p"
Also in the pit is the priest's platform, where he can overwatch the excavation, and preach to the laborers as they work. The priest should be placed here on the platform, with the laborers throughout the room. One laborer should be injured, and either absent or placed somewhere in the laborers living quarters. This is explained in the diary located in the priests room: TR_m2_bk_Diary_Ind_Priest"
The key to the priest's room is located next to him among a pile of gold on the platform in the pit.

The Indoril Leader should be somewhere in the excavation pit overlooking the laborers. There should be a guard patrolling the east and west corridors.

[Complete, submitting for review]

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:00 am Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus
06 Dec 2004

Approving, use top file for merging. (minor structural change to fix bleeding.)
Post Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:31 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group