From the depth of the Archival Abyss

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

From the depth of the Archival Abyss

Post by Lady Nerevar »

I have been keeping backups of many of the files on TR since the crash of Friday the 13th. For a while I had lost the DVD, then my DVD reader was being retarded and not reading it… but now I have it all on my new external HDD. What exactly do I have you ask? Everything from BoT v2, to the Dres architecture set, to the original Goldmoor Architecture concepts and all the way back. Of the various useful things I have are old versions of the maps and 0oT. I think that it’s worth uploading 0oT_old to the member’s download section because it is still needed in reviewing time to time. Is there anything else ya’ll want uploaded, for usefulness or for fun?

random stuff I have:
  • TR_EoT
    TR_0oT_Main
    TR_0oT_old
    TR_Map1: 0.958, 76, 85, 883, 887, 888, 889
    Narsis
    Prom's Nord Houses
    TR dwemer int statics
    TR imp house corners
    Yinnie's Rats
    0oT_Doors
    tons of interiors wich i reviewed/submited to review back in the day
    and much more!
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Some folks might like to see Narsis for themselves, I'm sure. The newer ones definitely.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Morgoth
Developer Emeritus
Location: That big place next to the smaller place with the tree.

Post by Morgoth »

Can we have some screens? :)
Founder of the Realms of Renth. Please give us a visit!

[img]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4640/sigbannerap7.jpg[/img]

www.realmsofrenth.com
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

I don't even have Narsis. Gimme!
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
NEENJA
Developer

Post by NEENJA »

OOH! I wanna see dres architecture, please.

--the NEENJA
"Beware, woman! Go away from here--go away, now, or it will be the worse for you. I am an unprotected male, but I will preserve my honor at the peril of my life!"

~Mark Twain
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

If you want to see Dres architecture, simply look at some of the many map 6 pictures we have. Every city was made with Dres.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Morgoth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morgoth »

So, er, shouldn't this be in the internal place?

www.realmsofrenth.com
NEENJA
Developer

Post by NEENJA »

I meant more so that I could look at the models in Blender and see how TR-ers made 'em.

--the NEENJA
"Beware, woman! Go away from here--go away, now, or it will be the worse for you. I am an unprotected male, but I will preserve my honor at the peril of my life!"

~Mark Twain
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

I was out during the time of Narsis, I want to see!
_________ E I
Claimed:.0 0
Review:...0 0
Finished:.2 5
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I would love to see Narsis too. Gimme :]
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

kk, ill post it in private soon then :)
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/22/Ad_apple_1984_2.png[/img]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

I have download, one year ago(?), the Narsis proposed in the claim forum(KF). Is that the Narsis you are speaking about or one another version?
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

it may or may not be. i believe i got mines earlier, but if there were no updates posted since then its save to asume that the same version was put up in the claims forum.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Dureiku

Post by Dureiku »

I like the Narsis that's up in the claims forum...

Hmmm... I'm not a TR Modder, so somehow I doubt it, but any way I could get my hands on those Dres models? I just want to play around with them a bit. From what I hear they were pretty horrible and you guys are not going to be using them in the future so I'm not sure why everyone's so vehemently against them circulating.
Morgoth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morgoth »

We don't just give the TR stuff to anyone who wants it for a number of reasons. But, if you think you have the skill to do some fix-up work on the models, you can post a showcase thread containing your past work, and hopefully you'll be promoted. TR modders have access to all of the resources because they've proven themselves competant in their area of modding.

And again, WHY is this in the public discussion section?

www.realmsofrenth.com
Dureiku

Post by Dureiku »

Sorry if I upset you or something. I was just wondering. Just seemed a shame to have that work go wasted and unused. Would it be possible for me to request permission from the orignial author (Veet?) for the models (I'm assuming that's at least one of the reasons you don't just give away things, right?).

Hmmm... seems a little odd you'd tell me to attempt to become a TR Modder just to download some models. I'd think joining up, going crazy downloading all the restricted things, and never contributing anything would be frowned upon. Not that I'd do that, but *you* don't know I wouldn't.

oh and btw... why are the Claimed Exteriors/Interiors forums visible to non-Modders? It just seems they shouldn't be considering you don't want just anyone to d/l your unfinished work... or do you not care if I donwload the WIP claims in those forums and if so, how is giving access to models you *won't* use different than giving access to land claims you *are* using...? Those models used to be included in one of the old OoT, right? So does that mean that a couple of years ago or whenever they were for public download (assuming OoT was still downloadable by itself without being a modder)? Is this just a case of me being too late, then?

I understand you have a way of doing things and it works (the quality of map 1 shows it must work...), but am just curious about the rationale behind it. To show you I'm not just trying to be argumentative I'm actually going to go work on something to put up on the showcase forum at some point. ^^
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

About the Dres models, I do believe that you could use them with Veet's consent, but I believe that the meshes have many errors in it, so it wouldn't be the best set to work with.

And though I can't say, not being a member of the core, I believe that the only reason for our work not being (constantly and fully) public is that we don't want people to get a bunch of errors and see a lot of holes in the terrain, and then lose interest before seeing the finished version.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

The claimed forums are visible to show people what we are currently working on, should they want to see it. I'm not sure if members can actually post or download files in those forums, but even if they can WIPs don't do them any good.

TR is no longer using the Dres meshes, due to error on the meshes part and aesthetic/lore reasons. So even people who are modders have really no use for them. If you really want to see them that much ask who ever can grant permission.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Morgoth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morgoth »

Hey, I wasn't upset at all. Maybe the capitalized "why" gave you that impression, and if so, sorry.

It's just too tempting for the public to see, imo. :)

As for the reason for the closed modding system, it wasn't always this way. About a year ago it was implemented because too many people were claiming important areas and then losing interest and dissappearing. This left a bunch of claims disorganized and unfinished. We believe that if someone is dedicated and persistant enough to get through the showcase system, they are really serious about modding for TR, and less likely to just drop a claim.

I think that makes sense.

www.realmsofrenth.com