Map 6 Download (Narsis/Tear)

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

Map 6 Download (Narsis/Tear)

Post by Haplo »

Map 6

Includes: Alpha Version - Exteriors
-----------------------------------------
Data Files for Map 6
TR_Data.esm & TR_Data.bsa are required for Map 6 to run properly. They can be found in the Objects of Tamriel link at the top of the board.

Newest ESP as of August 23, 2009: v0.07

Download Here or Below:
[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/TR_Map6v.07.7z]Map 6[/url]
Last edited by Haplo on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I can't get this to work. I load it up and it freezes when all the items have been loaded.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I'll fix that tonight

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

New version posted. Could someone download this one and tell me if they can load it?

CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

Loads for me.
_________ E I
Claimed:.0 0
Review:...0 0
Finished:.2 5
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Awesome, thanks much CC!

Adense
Developer

Post by Adense »

eh, is this the real Map6? cuz when I go anywhere south of Mournhold/Almalexia the game crashes. And on the map the land just stops.
Hmmm... Can't think of something to write here
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I'm not sure what the crashing bug is, it might be that one cell in Almalexia that CTDs. Try getting to Map 6 via another route other than Almalexia.

The map problem, however, is hardcoded into the game, and only MGE or something like that, View Extender or some Infinite View Distance mod can 'fix' it.

Adense
Developer

Post by Adense »

i tried to go into map 6, at the map3/map6 border south of Old Ebonheart too. it crashed too :S
Hmmm... Can't think of something to write here
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

Haplo: FPS Optimizer actually :P
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Probably a part of map6 that was still dependent on the old data files.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Jacurutu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Jacurutu »

Have there been any updates to this recently? Newest update as of about a year ago.
Only the prospect of death makes life worth living.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Tiny update. Just uploaded it.

Kasan Moor
Developer

Post by Kasan Moor »

I know this is the last map we will be working on, but what's the status on Narsis at the moment? The last thing I know was that prometheus was working on it and it had a lot of custom meshes with an unbelievable polycount. And that's a couple of years ago.
"Bling shizzle, here's a revizzle . . .oh god, I'm so white. . . "
-Jacurutu

"and since Armor of Tamriel has been delayed longer than Half Life 2, I have no idea if it exists or not." -Dexter
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

This is what it looks like now:

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/download.php?id=16207

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/download.php?id=16227

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

whoa, little did I know...
And yes, some of the models had extreme polycount. But never before have we seen something so grand as Narsis...
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Kasan Moor
Developer

Post by Kasan Moor »

Wow, looks good Haplo. But what I remember from Narsis is that is was even bigger then what it is now, no wonder it fried computers.

Damn, seeing this and the other places (Almalexia!) really makes me remember that this project really does Tamriel's grand image justice, and even more. And it's maybe even better then what Bethesda would have done, would they have created the whole of Tamriel. More so if we count Cyrodiil as it is in Oblivion. What I see in Oblivion is just not what I imagined playing Morrowind and knowing about the Imperial City. Hammerfell is a huge improvement, but something about all this makes me wonder. What if we had all the people, resources and time needed, and we made the whole continent of Tamriel on the Morrowind engine, with the vision and detail this project has. Our own Cyrodiil, Skyrim, Hammerfell, Summerset Isle.. I think that the feeling that game would have would be infinitely better then when we created the whole of Tamriel in Oblivion.
"Bling shizzle, here's a revizzle . . .oh god, I'm so white. . . "
-Jacurutu

"and since Armor of Tamriel has been delayed longer than Half Life 2, I have no idea if it exists or not." -Dexter
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Thankyou for the compliments.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Yes, Adanorcil did the staircase.

daedren
Developer

Post by daedren »

Kasan Moor wrote:Damn, seeing this and the other places (Almalexia!) really makes me remember that this project really does Tamriel's grand image justice, and even more. And it's maybe even better then what Bethesda would have done, would they have created the whole of Tamriel. More so if we count Cyrodiil as it is in Oblivion. What I see in Oblivion is just not what I imagined playing Morrowind and knowing about the Imperial City. Hammerfell is a huge improvement, but something about all this makes me wonder. What if we had all the people, resources and time needed, and we made the whole continent of Tamriel on the Morrowind engine, with the vision and detail this project has. Our own Cyrodiil, Skyrim, Hammerfell, Summerset Isle.. I think that the feeling that game would have would be infinitely better then when we created the whole of Tamriel in Oblivion.
Oh, Narsis is looking really good!
I agree with Kasan. When Oblivion hadn't come out yet, and we all were playing morrowind, I imagined Cyrodiil quite different. It would have a different atmosphere, different people, the places would be different. That's why Morrowind is, IMHO, the jewel of TES games at the moment. Its atmosphere, its mysticism, its magical feeling... I don't know, it makes me feel kinda strange. But it's a good feeling.
And I believe that if we had time to recreate all Tamriel in the morrowind engine, that would be the greatest and best mod out there.
Just look at Morrowind province! Almalexia, Narsis, Necrom, Port Telvannis, Old Ebonheart... and so many other cities! Bethesda wouldn't make Morrowind mainland like we do, but i understand that -- they have time limits, otherwise fans get crazy. But I really think we're making the Morrowind mainland the way I imagined it, when playing morrowind -- a mystical land with huge, epic cities and weird people.

Narsis is gonna be great.

Hail Tamriel Rebuilt team! (hehe...) :)
-- "From the heart, the light; from the head, the law." - Excerpt from "Book of Dawn and Dusk"

-- The Elder Scrolls will become even better with Tamriel Rebuilt.

-- Thanks to Minttu Hynninen - creator of my avatar - who gave me permission to use it.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Map 6 has been updated to include 6-5-Hla, mostly for the new/final version of Narsis. So if you want to check it out for your interior claims or just out of curiosity, here it is. You will need the latest versions of TR_Data.esm and TR_Data.7z that were just uploaded a few minutes prior to this.

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Current status of map 6. Cell names are completely off, and it's dirty at the moment. I will elaborate on this to do list.

What needs to be done:

- Settlements, roads and general demographics decided
- Regions conceptualized
- Landscape shaped, rivers and roads painted
- Cell named TR_6_## (claim no)
- Necessary statics made
- Tons of work

Current file has most cells prefixed with "xxx"'s.
Attachments
TR_Map6_heightmap.rar
Dirty
(4.99 MiB) Downloaded 275 times
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

The current file edits several map4 cells far from the sourthern border: (-15, -7), (-16, -7), (0,-15), (3,-15) (at the very least). Should something be done about it?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Yeah, those should be cleaned out with TESAME

rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Moving this back out of archives. I'm assuming [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24665]this file[/url] is now the one containing m4 and m5, but this one isn't merged anywhere else.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

wow. lol

In all seriousness I think this should be merged into an interior alpha and continue from there. Important locations could be modified as needed, then we eventually overhaul the whole thing. We could rely primarily on fast travel to allow player to avoid unfinished wilderness areas while major destinations and main paths between them are fleshed out.
my opinion.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Here is the latest Map 6 from Swiftoak.
According to him the only usable portions are the heightmap, and Narsis.
Attachments
Map6.7z
(5.26 MiB) Downloaded 190 times
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

This is the clean version of Map 6 Swiftoak used when merging TR_in-Dev. The Map 6 files above use unique textures and meshes (mostly retextures). Those have been cleaned from this file. Many Vvardenfell cells and several TR cells like Verarchen were also dirty and have now been cleaned. I must confess I have not had time to check this file extensively, but a quick glance around it in the CS revealed no errors, though all the landscape textures have been cleaned out.
Attachments
TR_SouthMorrowindNemon.7z
(5.1 MiB) Downloaded 220 times
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Would it be possible to include almalexia with this? I know it is being re-done, that's why I was wondering. Thanks

Curious to see what the current version of it looks like before going to the drawing board. Might be able to help with any ideas.
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/users/2686043/?
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

We are actually planning to include Almalexia as-is in the next TR_Alpha file; I don't want to make any concrete promises but the new alpha should be released very soon.

Post by Guest »

Nice. Thanks gnomey
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

Sounds good :). How big is almalexia anyways? I heard it was 9 cells
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

We wish! 26 laggy cells, forming an almost perfect square. Edit: 21 if you were to cut out Mournhold; the current Almalexia was still designed with the idea that Tribunal's Mournhold would be integrated within our Almalexia as its own worldspace.
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

huh. Well then lol. that's quite.....well, huge lol.