Models needed for Morrowind

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

I need a bit of volume, but for the flat one, not too much.
What i can do (tomorrow) is to send some pics to show the exact problems i encounter.
I forgot, a very simple pillar but right could help also.
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

If you need (for the flat one) something like a retextured lavasquare just use the vanilla velothi pit floor pieces.
Macar: At last, I have a coleague to work with.

Lady N: Jedak-of-all-trades
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

Jedak,

I need volume, ı already used somethıng lıke 100 tımes the floor, look at the pıcs.
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

It wasn't really aimed at you.
Macar: At last, I have a coleague to work with.

Lady N: Jedak-of-all-trades
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Nalin wrote:
Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:All cool, but "whut?": your Necrom ordinator gear kicks ass! (And we're also having a statue made of it, so if you're gonna revamp it, tell Jellew :) )
Yeah - I'd rather pull the old stuff out of the mod and put the new stuff in - pending approval of course - but hey it's still there for anyone that wants it - just think on reflection that the quality level of it isn't high enough for TR - and definitely not for somewhere so important as Necrom. (My personal opinion)

Jellew - hold that statue!
If you do redo it (and hell, if it can be better than what it is already, I'm all for it), be sure to keep the same textures (or at least idea of the textures), with the 'mournful' 'tears' face, and the scripture on the pauldrons.

Those two elements were brilliant touches.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Nalin
Developer

Post by Nalin »

I'll see what I can do.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

THis technically doesn't fit with models we need but how bout making some of the statics we have into activators, like the Indoril prayer wheels.

Another thing what about indoor House banners. I know I had really wanted those for the Grand Ascendant's Manor and I would love them for the Necrom manors. Or how about long Indoril columns like the ones in the temple or throne room.

Oh and I just remembered one more thing. There is a size issue with two Indoril parts: well and the balcony. I know I've privately modded using TR_Data and the balcony looks and works much better when made into .5 Likewise at regular size, the well is huge. You'd need stairs to reach it. Again at .5 it works better

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Hemitheon/TESConstructionSet2008-01-2113-33-1.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Hemitheon/TESConstructionSet2008-01-2113-39-4.jpg
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

I know that well has been used to make watchtowers in an indoril fort in map2, Ayemar. So resizing those things could screw that up.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Well then just consider the bottom part of my reply as a reminder to modders.
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

A bit off topic,

Do we still have the meshes of the towers of Kogo'Tel and Ouada-Garidur.
If yes, somebody could send them to me? Thanks.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

kebra wrote:A bit off topic,

Do we still have the meshes of the towers of Kogo'Tel and Ouada-Garidur.
If yes, somebody could send them to me? Thanks.
Are those [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=9527]Velothi towers[/url]?
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

No, one is a Redoran tower (Kogo'Tel Map5)visible on some pics of the main page, and the other i don't know what it is but is still in a pic of Map6 (Ouada-Garidur)
I have the tower used by KF in KD, but not the others (they are missing in my old Oot)

Gez, you gave me an idea: the Velothi floor i use look like too rich and too clear for the ruined parts of BL, could you retexture it with the Velothi color of the houses roof who is darker?

I will make a list of the two or three meshes i also need for BL this week-end.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

What about the tapestry issue? I remember Lady N expressing concern about the fact that TR_com_taps are the exact same as TR_de_taps. We could replace the dunmer taps with something more dunmer. And the only issue that would have to be kept in mind is color scheme.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

kebra wrote:No, one is a Redoran tower (Kogo'Tel Map5)visible on some pics of the main page, and the other i don't know what it is but is still in a pic of Map6 (Ouada-Garidur)
Do they correspond to any of [url=http://veet_vojagig.tripod.com/concept/velothi.html]these buildings[/url]? (Note: all of the download links there are long dead.)
kebra wrote:Gez, you gave me an idea: the Velothi floor i use look like too rich and too clear for the ruined parts of BL, could you retexture it with the Velothi color of the houses roof who is darker?
Shouldn't be a problem making. What's the name of the Velothi floor mesh?
Hemitheon wrote:What about the tapestry issue? I remember Lady N expressing concern about the fact that TR_com_taps are the exact same as TR_de_taps. We could replace the dunmer taps with something more dunmer. And the only issue that would have to be kept in mind is color scheme.
But... I remember changing that! There was a thread about it and all, and I asked for (and received) input on which of the textures were to be used for Com, which were to be used to DE, and it was made.
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

To Gez,

Great and thanks,
in_vs_pitfloor_01

What i would like is something between those two dominant, the pitfloor and the claerest part of the Velothi houses roof, or just like the roof. The pitfloor really sucks for the main areas.

No, i have this set too (Veet?), here is the pics
tamriel-rebuilt_org.htm
tamriel-rebuilt_orgCANCW73Y.htm
Attachments
BL_Tech_4.jpg
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Well the TR_data Im using is from 12/24/07 so perhaps it has since been implemented.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Hemitheon wrote:Well the TR_data Im using is from 12/24/07 so perhaps it has since been implemented.
There's a lot of thing that has disappeared. Oh dear. Somebody must have used an old version as a base when I left and all my latest work is absent. That's why the book is bogus, that's why the tapestries aren't there, and so on.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Gez wrote:
kebra wrote:No, one is a Redoran tower (Kogo'Tel Map5)visible on some pics of the main page, and the other i don't know what it is but is still in a pic of Map6 (Ouada-Garidur)
Do they correspond to any of [url=http://veet_vojagig.tripod.com/concept/velothi.html]these buildings[/url]? (Note: all of the download links there are long dead.)
Nope. See screenies:

Kogo'Tel:
[url]http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/?picture=Kogo'Tel_01.jpg&p=screenshots&gallery=5[/url]

Ouada Garidur:
[url]http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/?picture=Ouada-Garidur_03.jpg&p=screenshots&gallery=4[/url]
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Nomadic1 wrote:[url]http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/?picture=Kogo'Tel_01.jpg&p=screenshots&gallery=5[/url]
Looks like the forum code doesn't like apostrophes in URLs. Anyway, never ever seen that mesh anywhere.
Nomadic1 wrote:[url]http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/?picture=Ouada-Garidur_03.jpg&p=screenshots&gallery=4[/url]
Either I haven't noticed the unique mesh, or that tower is made simply by stacking smaller-scaled references of a vanilla mesh...

Kebra: I looked at the nifs, and in fact it's the same texture. But the pitfloor mesh doesn't have vertex shading, while the exterior meshes do have one. So, I quickly added vertex shading with Nifskope, and obtained this:
Attachments
TR_In_vs_pitfloor_02.rar
(533 Bytes) Downloaded 83 times
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

Those towers:

The floor seems Ok, maybee a bit dark but really better outside of the Acropolis. Before and after, what do you thinck?
Attachments
BL_Tech_7.jpg
BL_Tech_6.jpg
BL_Tech_5.jpg
Kogo tel tower.jpg
Ouada Garidur.jpg
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

That looks a lot better Kebra.

That "Ouada Garidur" tower was removed from OoT. There were a lot of modders which did not like it. I'm guessing it is the same story with the tower in Kogo'Tel.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

while I could go either way on the Kogo'tel tower, the one in Ouada Garidur needs to die, preferably via fire.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

If somebody still have the meshes, i would like using them for some personal mod. The one of Kogo Tel was fun.

And yes, it's really better, in 5 Mn Gez has changed the BL face.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

This really doesn't fall under models, since we have one already, but is there any way to animate a Stilt Strider? You know so that its legs move. The ones at Sadas Plantation? just look weird hovering over the ground, moving without moving their legs. All we need are the animations. Then we could implement them in all the maps as a wild creature. Whaddya think?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Pretty sure they already have animations... since we have some that go walking around in the wilderness and the vanilla Silt Striders have leg-moving animations too.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Hap's right. But what Hemitheon's probably seeing is the lack of 'turning' animations for the striders. As it is, they just 'snap' to a new direction, rather than actually turn in any physical sense of the word. That could do with doing. (And, BTW, if anyone has the 'stones' to touch any of our creatures, I'd like to point out that a lot of them need a lot of work in terms of look and animation, and could do with some tweaking and fixing)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Nalin
Developer

Post by Nalin »

Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:...if anyone has the 'stones' to touch any of our creatures, I'd like to point out that a lot of them need a lot of work in terms of look and animation, and could do with some tweaking and fixing...
Yes - I do "come and go" here, what with real life and all. BUT I never stop working away on various MW projects and I have already started on some retextures and slight model tweaks to TR (and vanilla) creatures...No screens as of now but I'll post a load when I have 'em.

The other stuff's not forgotten either.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

If it's not too late (or even if it's just released seperately), that'd be awesome Nalin!

However, it's also animations and at times 'bounding boxes' and collision and stuff that need sorting. Can you do that, or is it just the 'mesh' side of things that you'd be able to handle?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

There is also the option of including in TR-data more original stuff that wasn't introduced in the game. There is the second statue of Malacath (ext), the daedric jet (light), 6th House chest and key (BM), sky part, cloud part, the cot, etc.
Nalin
Developer

Post by Nalin »

Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:...it's also animations and at times 'bounding boxes' and collision and stuff that need sorting. Can you do that, or is it just the 'mesh' side of things that you'd be able to handle?
Basically - as of now - I'm good for retexturing some of the textures we have on creatures and removing the odd part of a mesh (ears on the troll for example) - very "simple" things - nothing (aside from texture work) anyone else couldn't do sadly - as far as animations go - I'm pretty much useless.

Statics and armour i can do (basically anything not animated) - creatures for me just refuse to work no-matter how hard I try. Which is very annoying and I would like to get around to figuring it all out but If I keep "spreading myself out" so much like i've been doing for personal projects then I'll never get around to finishing the stuff I have on the go for TR.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Could we have Terrain_rocks_WG_01-2-3-4 retextured to RM?
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

Nemon, we already have that:

TR_terrain_rocks_RM_01
TR_terrain_rocks_RM_02
TR_terrain_rocks_RM_03
TR_terrain_rocks_RM_04
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Facepalm.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

I've been thinking about this for quite some time now, and it could be good to discuss it now. Eye candy, like butterflies, fireflies and other moving stuff (whether by animation or script) really brings life to exteriors. Right now we only have the water and barely the skies moving that isn't a creature/NPC.

I remember the birds we had when modding for Hammerfell. Although their animation cycle was simple, and only some wing flapping and going in circles it really added to the atmosphere. If that, fitted for Morrowind lore of course, could be incorporated in our object data base it would increase the immersion level of our exteriors quite a bit.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

How about wildlife sounds, like the official bitter coast sounds plug-in, for various areas...

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

We already have fish and butterflies, are those of high enough quality to use? One could even make them into non-creature objects.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

They are so bad they make Sarah Palin look intelligent.

SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

God yes those butterflies are awful, some small animated ones and some fireflies for night would be a nice touch to some environments though. I think it's a solid idea, as well as sounds.
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Maybe some fireflies like those of Shivering Isles? They'd look amazing in the Lan Orethan.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Also wanted; BM versions of TR_terrain_rocks_RM_02 and TR_terrain_rocks_RM_04 - retexures. There's already Terrain_rocks_BM_01 (which is 03) and Terrain_rocks_BM_02 (which is 01).