GM marketstall

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Jelle
Reviewer

GM marketstall

Post by Jelle »

this is the second object I am working on for TR:
[img]http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t175/jellew/marketstall.jpg[/img]
please note it's not yet done and I still need to do a lot of finishing stuff and of course the textures.
here is the concept art Fairwater gave me:
[url]http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marketstallcopyav9.jpg[/url]
please tell me what you think.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

not too sure about the swirly things, they look OK on the concept but dont translate too well onto paper. maybe make them thiner or smaller?

how's the poligon alowance on this? judging by the screens it can go a tad higher in places imho.

lookin' good!
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
fanfas
Developer

Post by fanfas »

The back will be placed close to a wall?
If not how would it stand up? With that triangle (pointy feet) it will fall.
MAP 3 -> Interiors
Map 3 -> Interior Fixing
Fairwater
Developer Emeritus

Post by Fairwater »

Jellew i would, round out the sides of the shafts.... the top "curtain" can have a whole lot more polies.

Good Start!
"Spiderman in his symbiote costume attacking a kid holding a baby all on a Black Panther flag"

-Noirgrim
Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

the concept art doesn't explain how it could stand up, so I think the conept artist meant it will just be placed to a wall.
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

Maybe the swirly things would look better if they tapered more and the supports were rounded to look more like wooden branches or something.

Nut all in all it's looking pretty nice.
Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

Here is the newest WIP:
[img]http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t175/jellew/marketstall-1.jpg[/img]
I used Oblivion textures and I edited them to get some more depth in them. It is not yet done and I will post some close-up renders this week when I have time to improve it.
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

Looking a lot better. Make sure that the front and back posts have a way of supporting each other so that they don't fall down..
_________ E I
Claimed:.0 0
Review:...0 0
Finished:.2 5
lb003g0676
Developer

Post by lb003g0676 »

It's supposed to go against a wall. But the table part was supposed to be modular to be honest. You coudl choose between the table and back shelf. But this is before I have talked abotu consistency. I don't know if peopel still want to use this. I ahdn't even been keepign up with progress at this point.
"Only perfection is acceptable. I expect something beyond the acceptable." - Sload

"Orix bows down to £'s leet spelling skills" - Oriks
Elfane
Developer

Post by Elfane »

Personaly I dont like the "swirly" part of the model. Don't get the bazaar feeling going in my bone.
Thrignar-Fraxix - elfane, is a CA machine

Elfane's need list - camel & tortoise...
Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

lb003g0676, are you the concept artist who made the concept? if so can you maybe make a new concept that replaces the swirly things? And if anyone thinks this can't be used then please say it becouse I am not very fond of making stuff for nothing.
Elfane
Developer

Post by Elfane »

I will make a few different vendor stalls and the like tonight. Will post them tomorrow. Pound, if you are up to it, make some you to so we can choose from a broader variety before meshing it.
Thrignar-Fraxix - elfane, is a CA machine

Elfane's need list - camel & tortoise...
lb003g0676
Developer

Post by lb003g0676 »

Yah, as I said, that concept was useful when I had last checked on Rihad ideas. But the actual models that I later saw beign create were very different. Yes I would be up for it Elfane.

And jellew... I am not just going to amke a plain stall, and I hope (and judgin by his otehr interesting and imagintative work) Elfane won't either. I will certainly make more practical orthographics. and I have FINALLY coem to the conclusion that no matter what I do, pencil and papaer will always be the best for that stuff.
"Only perfection is acceptable. I expect something beyond the acceptable." - Sload

"Orix bows down to £'s leet spelling skills" - Oriks
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

As far as market stalls go, Fairwater has already modeled tents and supporting sticks to go with them, so I don't think we'll need a specific model for this purpose, at least in Rihad.
Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

Fairwater told me to do this marketstall, but maybe he forgot he had already made all the necessary stuff for the market stalls.
Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

I am going to stop working on the marketstall so I can work on some plants (Fairwater told me) and try to get a good concept for the replacement of the texture for the fountain Im working on. So IMO this Thread can be deleted or moved to the archives; let the moderators decide what to do whith this topic.