Farewells & Congratulations

The news of the front page, global announcements, and any discussion of said announcements or news articles.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

Farewells & Congratulations

Post by Haplo »

A lot of partings and such to announce today. It's never fun to see a friend leave, but real life takes it's course and people do get old and have to start working for a living some day.

Dexter, long-time patriot of Tamriel Rebuilt, and an administrator for a long term of two years, has had to move on; time's come for him to settle down and get a real, big job. Dexter started out as a simple concept artist with incredible talent and soon jumped to exteriors as well. He was promoted to Global Moderator to head all the exteriors done for TR. He eventually became administrator and served a total of just over three years at TR. Farewell and good fortune, Dex :-)

Fairwater, a somewhat recent addition to the team, albeit a great one, has also had to take a leave of absence from TR due to his workplace. A brilliant modeler in his own right, Fairwater was the head of models and textures here at Tamriel Rebuilt, and a great companion. You'll be sorely missed, Fairwater.

Noirgrim, one of the oldest members, who did some of the first claims for TR, has parted as well. Noirgrim joined Tamriel Rebuilt back in the year 2002, before we even had this old old website and forum! While not constantly active (he took a long sabbatical from TR a while back), when he was active, he was always modding. He worked hard to get help get the Morrowind project onto steady ground, and then in turn helped the Oblivion (and Stirk) project in the same manner. A jack of all trades, Noirgrim worked on quests, exteriors, models, miscellaneous side-jobs, and even some e-paperwork from time to time. Farewell, Noir.

Not all news is bad news, though :-)

Thrignar Fraxix, a devout modder, was recently promoted to be a third administrator as we had in the past. Thrignar heads the Reviewing panel (a quality assurance process) along with Lady Nerevar (more on Lady N below). He also heads AI and Interiors for the project. His fervor for progress and quality work drives the project ever forward. His election into administratorshiposityness was almost unanimous. Welcome aboard, TF!

Lady Nerevar. The woman is a wonder (not to mention a rabid, blue squirrel). Lady Nerevar has done work in many aspects of the project, from retexturing to fabulous concept art and functional design to interior and reviewing work. A point of interest, Lady Nerevar is only the second female ever to be elected to an administrative position. Lady N follows in and I'm sure will surpass the footsteps of Yinniekinz Atreidou (Yinnie), who some may still remember as a benevolent and favorite leader of TR many years ago.

Still more interesting, Lady Nerevar is also one of the youngest people on the core, and the youngest current administrator. She may even be the youngest ever by a few months! Her intensity regarding modding matches Thrignar's passion for excellence. The two work great together as a team, and are a great asset to TR. Congratulations, Lady Nerevar!
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Ah, I'd been wondering why everyone'd been changing colours. Well congratulations all, and many thanks to those who've left for all the work they've done. :)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
fanfas
Developer

Post by fanfas »

Congrats to both new admins, and a good luck to all that go away, i hope they can make a return soon enough...
MAP 3 -> Interiors
Map 3 -> Interior Fixing
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

That's why there is a change of colors.
Good luck to everyone.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Haha, two of the best modders I know will make a team with Haplo. That sounds like great news to me. It's a pity that Noirgrim and Dexter (and fairwater, but I think he'll be back) leave us. I hope they have a good time elsewhere. I would love to help out more with reviewing if you two get bogged down thanks to all the administratin'.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
agram
Reviewer

Post by agram »

Congratulations to TF and Lady N, and good luck to Noirgrim, Dexter and Fairwater. Hope they will still visit us here.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Good luck to youse all in your endeavours. :]
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

Ever since I joined the forums, I constantly saw Nior, FW and Dexter...
...Now I won't :cry:
On behalf of every smily:
:( 8o :shock: ;( :wink: :| :cry: :?

Good luck TF and Lady N!
Macar: At last, I have a coleague to work with.

Lady N: Jedak-of-all-trades
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

Dexter... Noirgrim... gone?

Noooooooooooooooo...

Both of them great guys, its a shame they're leaving us, but both are off to bigger and better things, I am sure. They will be sorely missed...

The same sentiments I am sure hold true for Fairwater, though I don't know him as well and he may return sometime.\

But good luck to them all in wherever life takes them next!
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Bigshots leaving, but hell, TR's gone through lots of things, hasn't it? Congrats guy & girl.
Harke the Apostle
Developer

Post by Harke the Apostle »

Goodbye Dexter, hope your irl job works out for you (you're not going to work at wikipedia, are you? Good jobs are hard to come by)
Goodbye Noirgrim - most of what you did I will never know, same goes for the others as well I guess. I'll always remember the Hammerfell map you did
Goodbye Fairwater ( and thanks for the fish)
Congrats others...
IAMTHEEMPEROR
Developer

Post by IAMTHEEMPEROR »

:cry: They'll all be missed

But congrats Thrignar and Lady N, I know you'll both do a great job :)
Don't say I'm out of touch
With this rampant chaos - your reality.
I know well what lies beyond my sleeping refuge
The nightmare, I built my own world to escape.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Noir was the rock my TR life was built on. Now hes leaving...

NOOOOOOOO

*sigh*

Things change I suppose, and congrats to Thrig and Lady N. They are more than worthy.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

Harke the Apostle wrote:Goodbye Dexter, hope your irl job works out for you (you're not going to work at wikipedia, are you? Good jobs are hard to come by)
Goodbye Noirgrim - most of what you did I will never know, same goes for the others as well I guess. I'll always remember the Hammerfell map you did
Goodbye Fairwater ( and thanks for the fish)
Congrats others...
I tought NG did many exterior claims.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Goodbye Noir, Dex, and Fairwater. It's a pity I didn't really get close to you guys. You guys did alot of work for the project, and it will never be forgotten. Good luck with all your future endeavors. :)

Lady N and Thriggy, congratulations to you both. You both are hardworking, and deserve the job. Good luck and have fun doing it too.
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Serric
Reviewer

Post by Serric »

Congrats to the promoted and farewell to the departed...hope everything goes great for everyone :)

And Haplo, doesn't LadyN hold the record for the shortest retirement too? It was for a week or two, i seem to remember...:P
Approved: 15 In review: 0 Claimed: 0
Reviews Done: ~85
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

yeah she does
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
angelus6
Reviewer

Post by angelus6 »

Firstly a Fairwell to to our departing members. I shall miss them all, and then a congratulations to Thriggy & LN. they're positions has been painstakingly earned over the past 2 years.
On a concrete cross you fall
Both a martyr to your cause and mine

[url=http://angelus6.110mb.com/3dMaxGallery.html][img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3307/newsig01zv0.jpg[/img][/url]
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

Congratulation to TF and Lady N, this promotion logicaly belongs to you.

I feel older and older, the same feelings i had when Oblivion appears.
Well, i hope seeing Dex, Noir and Fairwater still wandering around as modder, it's not incompatible (?) with professional activities.

Special good luck to Dex.
Harke the Apostle
Developer

Post by Harke the Apostle »

blackbird wrote:
I tought NG did many exterior claims.
And many many things besides, I´m sure.
TheImperialDragon

Post by TheImperialDragon »

It's sad whenever someone leaves, but that's just a part of long term online teamwork. There's not much you can do to change that. :(

Congratz LN and TF! :D
"Where were you when the Dragon Broke?"
lb003g0676
Developer

Post by lb003g0676 »

HOLY BUMS!

I hadn't noticed this till about 5 minutes ago but Thrignar Fraxix is an Admin. What idiot decided that!?

Im off to bed to contemplate on how the downfall will truly happen.

Good job TF :P
"Only perfection is acceptable. I expect something beyond the acceptable." - Sload

"Orix bows down to £'s leet spelling skills" - Oriks
Morgoth Bauglir
Developer

Post by Morgoth Bauglir »

Gone? But what will we do without them... too bad they're leaving.

Congratulations to Lady N and TF you'll probably do great.
Veni, bibi, vomui
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

lb003g0676 wrote:I hadn't noticed this till about 5 minutes ago but Thrignar Fraxix is an Admin. What idiot decided that!?
*Bans* =P
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo