Madent showcase

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Madent

Madent showcase

Post by Madent »

Hi everyone, im a new to this project, but old in modeling, I would like to work for the morrowind project, couse the olivion one doesn`t work for me, the machine is to old.

So this are some renderings, with 3d max 5, some nord architecture, an imperial tower, and an imperial ship.

If this is what you are looking for please tell me...I like to create architecture, if this is not what you are looking for, tell me what it is and I will adapt at that.
Attachments
nord house.jpg
Madent

Post by Madent »

the second rendering
Attachments
nord house2.jpg
Madent

Post by Madent »

the tower
Attachments
Imperial tower.jpg
Madent

Post by Madent »

and the ship
Attachments
Imperial Ship.jpg
Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

that just looks... awesome. Im sure you are going to be promoted soon.

EDIT:
Im still new here, but I think I can already give you my recommendation for promotion, Im sure everyone would agree.
Madent

Post by Madent »

thanks man, I really appreciate that :)
Madent

Post by Madent »

anyway if someone neede the model of the ship to see how it is in the game this it is
Attachments
Imperial Ship 0.1.rar
(483.83 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Holy hand grenade! This is awesome! BTW, you can post your screenies in one post :) Recommendation for promotion
This is the right place for you Madent :) Welcome to TR.
Oh, one more thing. We don't need modellers for Morrowind atm. But you can work for OB without having it, I tested it out, that is no problem.
PoHa: how can we best this trio of trouble? who will save us from this menace of sub-par models? what will we do?
PoHa: I know! we'll shoot an Aro at them
Aro: you have only one Aro missile!
PoHa: yes, but its heat seeking and quite possibly indestructible

How to do not become a modeller - by Stryker:
[00:13:]Stryker: no tutorial, no no no
Madent

Post by Madent »

ohhhhhh, I don`t know about it

oblivion is cool but having projects on a game that probably will never play just freacks me out... I could make meshes for oblivion but i need to test`em out, and again I say I`ve got an old machine

I need to mesh something for Morrowind, It`s such a cool game but the models are funky, and if I could modify the animation of the charecters I would love doing it myself
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Hmm... I'm on the stage on which modding itself is fun for me. Right now I completely don't care about the game :D Hmm, my machine also isn't the best, but I use oldblivion and I'm able to play the game smoothly if I wish. I'm sure that sooner or later you will something for you here.
PoHa: how can we best this trio of trouble? who will save us from this menace of sub-par models? what will we do?

Madent

Post by Madent »

sincerily if I could I would recreate the whole models of the game, but don`t know who is with me, I would do it just for fun, of course without changing the feel of morrowind...
..and sooner or lather I will :)
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Hehe, not only the meshes are funky. Take a closer look at some textures. Those from the weapons especially. Whatever you would like to do here, I would like you to join the team :)

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Whoa! That is some sweet stuff. My only concern is that it's too good for Morrowind, and would look out of place amongst Morrowind's normal stuff.

Regardless, if you wish to get meshing for Morrowind, go to the "Models Needed for Morrowind" thread in the "Models and Textures" forum. See if there are any ideas there. The most needed stuff is Necrom walls etc. to be finished off, and if you have the time/other folks can be bothered to actually stick it in exteriors, a Dres set of architecture would be fantastic. (Would require interior tile-set as well, and would be best if it fitted the Velothi set's 'footprint')

Other than that, I have a list of stuff that could do with re-doing at the start of that thread, (all statues redone since then, though new Sotha Sils not yet done) and you could look through the "Object Error Reporting" thread in the Feedback section to see if there's anything that needs tweaking. (However the statues I bring up are the ones that have been fixed already)

Of course, it's best to wait until you're officially confirmed before you start doing any of this, but I'd be surprised if you don't get the job. Just throwing out ideas (though people can feel free to override me if this stuff is unneeded)! :)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

One thing I'd love to see is this ship model imported in Oblivion with an upgraded texture. Beautiful work.
NexUmMonastica
Developer

Post by NexUmMonastica »

How do you get that type of lighting effect in MAX? Your models are Spectacular! My account here is fairly new but I still Recommend you for promotion. Im especialy jealous of the ship! (of course, its much better than mine so now I don't have to worry about finishing it ;)

EDIT: lol I should read the WHOLE thread before posting :)
...killing a six-pack of beer just to watch it die.

"you are awesome... become female so you can bear my children "
"This has been a known occurrence for years. We will not fix it." - Thriggy
"Anal crits are my specialty..." N
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Member Promoted for modeling and texturing
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

Congrats.
_________ E I
Claimed:.0 0
Review:...0 0
Finished:.2 5
Madent

Post by Madent »

Thank`s to everyone, I really waith working with you guys...

With my new promotion at hand I look forward of doing some models and donating it to the people...so I`ve finished the work on that house (it`s really a house set), along with my uncompleted mod for morrowind with the house set in action, so I`m going to upload this the next time I come here...

NexUmMonastica asked me about the lightningand, it was made using an omni light as a source of shadows tweaking up the intensity, and another omni light with a low value as ambient. :)
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

One thumbs up here... *thumbs up*

... and another there :arrow: *thumbs up*

Congrats! :]

EDIT: You just slipped your post in before me! Grrr... :)
Macar: At last, I have a coleague to work with.

Lady N: Jedak-of-all-trades
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

essentialy, modding for oblivion is just like moding for morrowind. there are a few extra functions, and the poly alowance is higher, but it dosent realy change much. as long as you get them exported there are plenty of people who would love to do testing for you.

and gradz. i typed my post in the tavern thread before i saw this showcase... so its kinda obsolete now :P
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
NexUmMonastica
Developer

Post by NexUmMonastica »

NexUmMonastica asked me about the lightningand, it was made using an omni light as a source of shadows tweaking up the intensity, and another omni light with a low value as ambient.
thanx. I have alot of trouble setting lights in MAX for model renderings like this: Im used to doing spotlights for car showcases and things like that.

I'd head over and check out the Rihad Upper class Sticky. I hear word that we need a new mesher driving that project.
...killing a six-pack of beer just to watch it die.

"you are awesome... become female so you can bear my children "
"This has been a known occurrence for years. We will not fix it." - Thriggy
"Anal crits are my specialty..." N
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Yeah, It would be great if you would take the UC set. And feel free to consult El Scumbago about that set, but be patient, he's a bit busy right now.

El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Busy busy busy, that's all me. Congrats once again madent, if you're keen in architecturing step up and let me know.