n2-1-Tri

Where hooms take a shit and we clean it up.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

the weird texture smoothing didnt seem to appear ingame, but I couldnt fix the bounding box issue which isnt a problem I think becouse the object just acts normally ingame. I also scaled the object proparly, and I tested if the trapdoor realy fit into the object, which was the case.
Attachments
NecromInteriorTrapdoor+TowerFinal.zip
(66.5 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Great work. Everything's okay now. You can merge this andres, and after merging, someone (dunno who that is) can put up claims that need these two meshes.
PoHa: how can we best this trio of trouble? who will save us from this menace of sub-par models? what will we do?
PoHa: I know! we'll shoot an Aro at them
Aro: you have only one Aro missile!
PoHa: yes, but its heat seeking and quite possibly indestructible

How to do not become a modeller - by Stryker:
[00:13:]Stryker: no tutorial, no no no
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

aro101 wrote:Great work. Everything's okay now. You can merge this andres, and after merging, someone (dunno who that is) can put up claims that need these two meshes.
There are claims already; they are simply in the N/A section at the moment.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

So that's even better than I tought it was ;)
PoHa: how can we best this trio of trouble? who will save us from this menace of sub-par models? what will we do?

Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

thats great, but can someone who knows about the preferred size of the watchtower check if its the right size? Im rather unsure if I didnt make it to small or big for a watchtower.
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

If the size's wrong, the modder can easily rescale it in CS :P So I believe that isn't a problem, since you have tested it ingame.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

If someone could add textures to these (Correct filepaths, or something), that would be great! We need them for the finished Necrom.
Attachments
Necrom Textureless.rar
(71.62 KiB) Downloaded 141 times

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Uploading the door for necrom. With 3 new textures in dds files. Tested in CS.

Edit: BTW, I had a look at these textureless meshes that you uploaded Haplo. The problem is, we don't have such named textures in the OoT. That's why they're textureless. I gave a try and I have been able to guess the right name of few files, but some of them seem to be completely missing...

Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

I has fixxed those on mah PC already, so me knows bettah than Aro! :P
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Then why didn't you tell anything? :[ That meshes made me sad ;/ Anyway, good to hear it's fixed :P

Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

Because I does sneakatax :)
I will try to remember to say if I fix something like that in the future, KTHXBAI :D
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

first WIP version for the Necrom Lighthouse interior, it would be nice if someone could give the mesh a little review, the staircase most likely needs tweaking but that will show up when I test it ingame.
Attachments
necromlighthouseWIP1.zip
(161.2 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

I can only say that the second floor needs to have it's normals flipped and that there should be a floor somewhere below the ceiling so that there could be a trapdoor leading up to the top of the lighthouse (I be meanin' the exterior here) instead of having the staircase ram the top. :P

I don't know about you, but I have no clue what I just said.
Last edited by Andres Indoril on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I'm not going to read Andres' comment... :-P

It looks good to me so far; rock on mang!

Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

thanks for the reviews, Haplo and Andres, I added a floor somewhere below the ceiling :D, but I dont see any flipped normals in any of the meshes. When seen in Nifskope you can get this illusion becouse of the way I modelled the floors: there arent any normals to the side of them, but becouse this can only be seen out of the object that isnt a problem.

EDIT: Andres, you are right, when I checked the latest .blend version in Blender the normals where okay, but when I imported the latest nif version they seem to be flipped.
Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

here's a fixed mesh, can be final. I realy appreciate if someone would take the liberty to texture it, since Im rather busy with both school and TR-work ATM, and this is needed for a claim fast.
Attachments
necromlighthousever2.zip
(79.92 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

sorry for the second double post, but I just want to say I had some time left and began texturing. Now its just cleaning the seams and then its off to the vertex shading. I will post screens and the file when I have both the shading and texturing done, but this might take some more time becouse of real-life stuff thats largely out of my control.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

exelent work, remind me tomorow to take a look at this :)
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

I just have reviewed this. Jellew, could you please apply the textures? You can do it propably twice as fast as me or LN could. The problem is some shapes do not even have NiTexturing properties, so I would have to play a bit with nifskope or even import it to 3dsmax and prepare a whole scene for this single mesh, which seems to be a waste of work from my point of view.

Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

sorry for that, here's the new mesh, vertex shaded, with correct texture paths and applyments.
Attachments
NecromLightHouseVertexShaded.zip
(102.66 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Mang, you're using a texture that is included in the TR_data under a different name. Could you post a screenie of the tower so I can identify that texture and continue my review? :) From the first view it looks great. Thumbs up.

Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

strange... I thought I didnt change any names... anyway, here are 2 screens: [img]http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t175/jellew/blender2007-11-1121-31-02-03.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t175/jellew/blender2007-11-1121-31-10-07.jpg[/img]
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

I don't get it. In the nif you uploaded all the meshes are assigned to textures\tx_necrom_adobe_01.tga using the "3 NiSourceTexture"...

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

so... who needs to do what so this can be reviewed and I can put up the lighthouse claim?
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

TF, the lighthouse is already up. I saw there was a claim for it in finished when I checked the wilderness interiors.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

can't possibly be the right one as the necrom lighthouse claim is in N/A
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Jellew told me he's gonna take care of it. That's not really a big issue. If that lighthouse is really important, I can take care of it and assign textures by myself, since assigning textures seems to be the only problem with it.

Edit:

I gave a deeper review/fix, but I got stuck. First, there is a step missing. Second, the pillar in the middle isn't made out of one shape. And it should be. I also found a bleeder from one of the roofs. Jellew, just check those things again in blender and export it again. This nif's rather useless.

Adanorcil
Developer Emeritus

Post by Adanorcil »

Upon being asked so in the irc channel, I seperated the texture properties in nifskope. The scene root number changed and I don't know to what degree that will cause trouble (if any), since I don't have any game around to test it. I will hammer it some more if it acts wonky.
Attachments
NecromLighthouseVertexShadedAda.rar
(88.89 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

many thanks to Adanorcil for seperating the texture properties, and I would like to excuse myself for the lack of progress the last weeks. however, Im sure better times for me will come which will allow me to spend more time in modding. Until then, I'l just try to stay away from the big models that take to much time to finish in a normal amount of time and claim the smaller stuff. Anyway, I made some progress.
Attachments
tr_in_n_lighthouse.zip
Progress!
(105.31 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Good job Jellew. You fixed all the errors. The only one thing that might be odd is the size of it, so the interior modder should feel free to scale it up a bit, if he feels so. I checked this one in nifskope and CS. Haplo, could you merge it into the TR_Data? I would like to stay out of merging files for morrowind.

So jellew, are you willing to finish up the Necrom set, or do you want to leave it to somebody else? I really would like you to do it, if you're able to...

Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

Im willing and able to finish the set, Im sure. But its going to take some time (I would be happy if I could finish it this week) An important thing is that I made a custom trapdoor for the lighthouse interior mesh, but I dont have acces to the file ATM, in 3 days I'l post that one to.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Then I'll wait for that before downloading. However I will be gone until from Friday until late Sunday night so I won't be able to update until after then.

Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

here's the trapdoor.
Attachments
necrom trapdoor.zip
(62.41 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Is the trapdoor supposed to be so oddly shaped?

EDIT -

Also, the staircase in the interior doesn't meet the floor; the first step is floating. However it's only visible if you're even with the space right above the floor, which is impossible ingame to get even close, so no one will be able to tell unless they open the model up in nifskope or 3ds max and look at the stair.

Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

aro had a look at it and thought out it was a better idea to just use a standard trapdoor shape. (same one used for the watchtower but without the long stair thingy) The weird shape was meant so that it could fit around the pilar, making it more easy to walk up. But also in my opinion the more simple idea is better becouse the original custom staircase just looks a bit weird. the modified version uses the same textures.
Attachments
necromlighthousetrapdoor.zip
modified version watchtower trapdoor.
(862 Bytes) Downloaded 108 times
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Could you post the version of the lighthouse mesh with the fixed staircase please? (I think you mentioned you fix it)

aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

I have made a seperate claim for the necrom interior tileset. This thread is already a bit messy plus Arch is tiring for Jellew.

Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

fixed.
Attachments
tr_in_n_lighthouse fixed.zip
(105.31 KiB) Downloaded 97 times