When did you start with this project

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Goodness. I don't think we really want to even hear about it.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Emiel

Question for anyone who knows a lot about TR

Post by Emiel »

Hello there!
I'm Emiel. I'm completely new to this site and I liked it so I signed in. I don't actually know something about 'modding' I just love to play the game 'Morrowind'.
But enough about myself. I wanted to ask about the project. From what I read about it, TR wants to build the whole Empire of Tamriel on a computer game, am I right? But how is TR going to publish it? Only by downloads or plugins on this site? Or as a real game on cd? I really want to know about it. Please anybody, answer soon.
Thank you,

Emiel :)
Lutemoth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lutemoth »

Hey Emiel! Welcome to the TR forums :newmemberdance:

It's great that you can join us, and we have quite a few more jobs here to do than the modding itself (for us modding-inept :]). If you've got something you want to share right away, hop on down to the Showcase forum, where you can show off your skills or what-have-you to be fully part of the team (be it voice acting, literature, artwork, music composition, ect.)

To answer your question, It seems unlikely now that we'll finish the entire continent in the current engine (we're working on Hammerfell for Oblivion, the rest of Morrowind for the ES:3 engine), but it's a lovely goal to have anyways :D. When it is decided enough that it's good for release, we'll go public with a downloadable game mod (from what I assume) where it'll be available in mirrors, mod websites, ect.
Harke the Apostle
Developer

Post by Harke the Apostle »

I just joined! I have been using some of the downloads from Tamriel Rebuilt since last summer. I'm hopeless at modding, but I hope that I'll be able to contribute to the literature of the project. I posted some text in the showcase forum.
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

I responded to this post around 3 years ago... and when I first posted, I stated I had been here for a year. I started when Tribunal came out, so... around Nov. 2002.

Edit:...but I took the last year off. So, I started 4 years ago, but have only been working for TR for a total of 3 years.
Dr.zombie

Post by Dr.zombie »

I haven´t been here for long but I´d like to say that TR is what modding is all about, it´s not about cheating or making Uber weapons, it´s about working together and making something great using imagination and lore.
matts05
Reviewer

Post by matts05 »

I've been looking at updates on the front page about this project for about a year, and I finally joined last week.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I'm a member for a few weeks, but I still haven't contributed a thing cuz I don't have any original idea, but I'd love to be the part of it.
lb003g0676
Developer

Post by lb003g0676 »

I only decided to join in March, after being aware of the project for about 4 years, my friend got Morrowind with his graphics card, and we didn't like RPG's, but we found the TIL, and became amazed that a whole world had been created, with monetary systems and uch, we were amazed. He had started to download mods, and then we found this, but thought you had to pay to download. But now I have joined, although eventually i probably won't download it anyway. But I love the idea of following the Lore, and creating the bits Bethesda left out.
"Only perfection is acceptable. I expect something beyond the acceptable." - Sload

"Orix bows down to £'s leet spelling skills" - Oriks
rowa

Post by rowa »

September 2005. I haven't done anything except one useless concept art:(
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/AlaskanBullWorm.jpg[/img]
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

I'm sorry everyone, but I need to remind you that this is actually the Haplo, Orix, Cleverclothe, and Noirgrim thread.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i joined today
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

I joined around the end of May, so I've been a member for a little over a month. I'm an aspiring concept artist at this point. Perhaps I'll start modding later as I'm quite new to it at this point.