i3-500-Imp

Moderator: Lead Developers

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Great work Thrig, you've succeeded in getting some overview in this huge building.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

The pissed off priests being constructed over would be fun to dialogue. :) I like that idea, and the tower looks cool.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

Wow you've got a lot on your hands ;) I suspect all the bits inbetween will just be wall curtains and small rooms and the such, or will you place some specific services were there's space?
Macar: At last, I have a coleague to work with.

Lady N: Jedak-of-all-trades
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:6: Grand hall of records. (I.E. Names of every soldier in morrowind as of some arbitrary past date. List of all noteworthy events in the province that happened over the last few years (as in however many to the last year that was divisible by 5. books before that could be decrepit and unreadable) Records of the treasury and what is contained in the vault. basically, everything there is to know. I would appreciate help in writing these.)
Generally in these cases Bethesda would just write a note in square brackets. That seems more reasonable than the idea that the records would be so badly kept that they become unreadable.

By the way, will there be an oven in a hidden room beside the hall of records for burning certain records? :P It could be staffed by literary liches. :wink:
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Why an oven when you could have... a kitchen! ;)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Do not mock me -_-.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Nomadic1 wrote:A while back me and Sloadie were having a discussion about the six administrative districts of Morrowind. One of these was based in Tear and comprised of the Dres Great House lands. Neither of us thought that the Dres would sit idly whilst an Imperial hierarchy replaced several of their functions. So we came up with the idea that the Duke of the Dres district fears for his life and now lives in high security (though in comfort) in Old Ebonheart castle.
So why exactly is he in the castle? because he wanted to go there to ensure dres rights? He fears for his life because he thinks the imperials will come after him? Some explanation and extrapolation would be very helpful. (not that I am even remotely close to this point yet, but I would like to know)
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

I think he means the Duke of the Dres' district (an Imperial position, even if potentially filled by a House Dunmer, as on Vvardenfell) might be fearing for his life (being an Imperial servant), in the Dres district, and has thus moved to take refuge in the Ebonheart castle where he's safe from attack.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

That is the gist of it, BC. :]
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

NEW FILE! (yey!):
New Things in this file:
Added Barracks
Added Hall of Records
Added last 2 curtain walls

Things to do:
Make the Guild Tower
Make the Main tower (which is probably as big as the rest of the castle combined)
Make the Dockside complex
Make the vault (accessible via the palace basement)
Fill in the shells
split the cells

Haplo:
Kitchen will be on the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th floor of the main building.

Thoughts on Layout:
Main entrance for the castle will be on the ground level floor of the guild tower as the uber tower has no ground level entrances.
Dex needs a roundhouse kick in the nuts for what he did with some of these towers.
Did a strange thing in the upper part of the hall of records so that the upper part could be locked. (main staircase is a spiral, its hard to put doors in them)
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Working on the main tower now... its fucking huge...
First 6 floors (read 9 as they are all the large room thingies which take up 1.5 floors) are shelled. Not quite sure where I am going to stick the servant's quarters, might have to take a square or two from the kitchen. (which is currently scheduled to be 7 large imperial tiles big, which is one more than the entire first floor of the imperial cult building of fort frostmoth.)

Any idea where the bell model went? Its wierd having a bell tower on top of this thing without having a bell. Especially considering the hammer is still there.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Main tower shell done, vault shell done, guild tower shell done. all that is left to shell is the dockside complex.

[url=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/Vault.png]Vault Screenshot[/url]
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

you lose because you can't name your cells correctly.

Seems bland to me but I guess I'll wait and see how it turns out.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I wanted them to be easy to find in the list. the names will be fixed when I finish.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Having reached actual detailing in the making of this interior, I made a list of all relevant personnel in the castle. This list will be edited based upon my own changing mind and feedback. Starred people actually have their room done.
Relevant persons of OE castle in no particular order:
Governor:
Imperial. VERY effective leader. Knows just about everything that happens in the province (barring stuff he couldn’t possibly know). Has proven himself in some way as an excellent tactician. The reason this guy was chosen for this post was not because of connections or because of money, it was because he is the person to do this job. REALLY likes towers, and is thus almost always expanding the castle. While slavery is banned in morrowind, it is not by his choice. There are 2 reasons for this, first; he knows how vital it is to many of the houses economies. second; because he, by the very nature of his Imperial upbringing doesn’t like argonians (khajiits he can take or leave for some reason) The servants of the castle are almost all of a beast race. The argonian servants are barely paid enough to live on, while the others make slightly more. None of the servants really notice this though. (they assume they all have the same wages, and never think to ask each other). Married to the Governor’s wife (*GASP*) who is a dunmer. They did not however marry for political reasons although some people think they did. She was simply the daughter of a Dres noble who via sporadic diplomatic missions grew fond of the Governor. They have a dunmer child who is the head of the navy. The bell on the top of the tower was his present to her for their marriage. He is secretly trying to teach himself how to effectively use magika as he thinks it will help in dealings with the telvanni.

Governor’s Wife:
As previously stated she is the daughter of a Dres noble. Normally neither would really hold any fondness for each other, however when she first heard of the governor she decided that if she could marry him it would allow her to gain considerable influence for her family. At first she was merely playing along for this purpose, but playing along for so long eventually had her become that which she was pretending to be. While she did gain some influence for her family the marriage benefited him more. The dres have allowed the standard imperial guilds (mages and fighters) to set up shops in some of their cities (heavily taxed), and the dres no longer hate him on a personal level. (they mostly still hate him, but its no longer personal for most of them. There are probably one or two councilors who would openly mock him to his face though.) She helps him with the day to day running of the province in various ways. She is an intellectual equal with the Governor.

Lieutenant Governor:
An incompetent old fool. His job only still exists because the governor thought it would be unwise to eliminate the position of a person who was well liked by everyone. The governor himself has no real feelings toward him though. His only real purpose is to listen to the whining of everyone else in the castle then report what they say to the Governor in a succinct and efficient way. He thinks he has A LOT more power than he actually does. Should act snootily towards the player until given a reason not to.

Head of the Navy:
Son of the Governor. He has been groomed from birth to take over the job of the governor and unlike many other situations this has actually turned out well. He would never consider taking any action to eliminate his father and speed his path to the throne, but his honor is less than frequent elsewhere. Trained in many deadly arts, he ensures no one annoys his father too persistently.

Minister of House Affairs: Responsible for dealing with disputes with the great houses, deals with getting permits for guilds in dunmer cities, basically negotiates anything the Governor doesn't negotiate himself relating to house relations. Delegates specific grievances to the ambassadors.

Telvanni Ambassador: Shitty job since no one in the telvanni listen to anything. Is still contractually obligated to try, despite obvious futility.

Indoril Ambassador: Slightly less shitty job, because they occasionally agree that someone in their house fucked up. Still almost as useless of a job as one can get.

Dres Ambassador: Worst job of the 5. Anyone who comes to him had best have a damn good story or he doesn't even try anymore. Will explain how the dres view imperials to anyone with a less than amazing story and send them on their way. Will send a letter otherwise.

Hlaalu Ambassador: Best job of the 5. Tends to have good luck so long as the Hlaalu involved has no relation to anyone related to his counterpart. (regardless of validity)

Redoran Ambassador: Second best job of the 5. Can generally win if things are obviously in the favor of the Imperial.

Minister for the Treasury: Deals with the regulation of money in the province. Taxes, inflation, salaries for imperial employees, and the like.

Minister for Trade: Deals with the trade, trade routes, tarifs, imports, and what not.

Missing Court Mage: Never actually seen (except in Seyda Neen, but that isn't explicit). Responsible for engineering the elevator, the equipment for the guards (scrolls and whatnot that I made), and the other random experiments in his lab that are dangerous at best. It should be suggested that he had devised a new form of transportation, but couldn't find a willing test subject. People called him mad, but he tested it himself around the time the game starts.

Secretary for the Ministers: Handles appointment setting for all the ministers and ambassadors. Very busy, but consistently cheerful.

* Drill Sergeant:
REAL hard ass. THIS is who you talk to if you want to join the imperial legion in TR. (or perhaps access the upper levels as for all I know there are already faction quests for the IL) He will spit in your face if you are not strong enough. In his mind the weak aren’t worth his time. Kicked some ass in some previous war. Should be out in the courtyard

* Recruitment Officer:
Talk to him after you get the approval of the drill sergeant to join the legion. He gives you a cuirass even if you already have one on and shoves you out the door fairly quickly. You pick up armor that you earn from him as you rank up. He doesn't care about you or any other recruit and only stops reading long enough to give you your armor or look busy until an authority figure leaves. There should be a way to piss him off that leads to him sabotaging your quests with the legion in the castle. Should refer to the player, regardless of race or gender, exclusively as "Scribby" (or some other better insulting-ish nickname. If something else is chosen, please update TR_m3_500 LTNameBook2.) Also, please script log book 2 to replace log book 1 when the player joins the legion (or talks to the drill master or whatever)

* Dres duke:
Young and foolish. Perhaps in some map 6 dres faction quest you kill him. If you don’t kill him, perhaps in or after some side quest, a dres noble who is visiting him for some reason finally snaps after the 12th idiotic statement of the conversation and kills him. Fancies himself a womanizer.

Dres duke's Guard 1: Guards the lower gate, which restricts access to the duke's audience chambers. Seems friendly but unless shown some irrefutable proof that you need to get by, will simply tell you the duke can't see you today.

Dres duke's Guard 2: Guards the upper gate, which restricts access to the duke's private chambers. Will not let your into the duke's private quarters without the duke's permission.

Dres duke's Guard 3: Guards the audience chamber, lazy slacker, but doesn't need to do much anyway.

Dres duke's Guard 4: Resting in the room behind the lower gate. Doesn't like the player being in a restricted area. Will attack the player if he keeps talking to him. (the player should be made VERY much aware of this by the forcegoodbyes.)

* Fighters Guild Local Boss:
A big dumb brute. Every quest given by him/her should be geared toward a kill ‘em all mindset, however a peaceful path should be available in as many cases as reasonable. (although some should be less obvious than others i.e. requires use of calm humanoid) Will openly mock you for non-violence and half your gold reward. Final quest with this person should be them getting bored and saying “Hey lets fight!â€Â￾ (Player’s only response is a forcegoodbye “wait, what?â€Â￾)

* Fighter’s Guild second in command:
Can sometimes clue you into the non-violent path. Takes over after above is dead (for what its worth, no more quests here anyway) Exasperated with the idiotic Local Boss. Female

* Hired mage: Lives and works in the fighters guild. Summons creatures for the fighters to fight. The type who would do anything for money.

* Mages Guild Local Boss:
Comically old and senile. Blew up a mages guild somewhere in another province. (what? you say my alchemy experiment burned the building down? That’s impossible my boy, I haven’t done alchemy for months! I don’t even remember where I put my equipment! You mean you saw me do it? Hmmm... I must have a doppelganger...) He would hate it here if he could remember where he was. Probably would be interesting to have him keel over during a quest just from old age. (That hasn’t been done before AFAIK)

* Mages Guild Other Local Boss:
Takes over for the above after he keels over or dies some other way. absolutely normal in every way, almost to the level of it being suspicious. There should be nothing to actually find though.

* Bosmer mage:
Incompetant fool who tries hard. Lit a practice dummy on fire when he botched a spell last month. For the life of the rest of the guild members, they can't put it out. It has become a sort of running joke. The dummy never suffers any actual damage and the mage will wonder to the player just how bad he actually messed up that spell. (if for any chance the player fights this NPC, he should have a spell that does 1 fire damage for 9001 seconds)

* Nord Mage:
Moron. Shares the Messey bunk with with the Bosmer mage.

* Head of the Private Guard:
Responsible for guarding all relevant figures. Takes his job very seriously. Will kill his own men at the first sign of disloyalty and has done so in the past. He is not well liked by his men, but they are smart enough not to say anything.

* Private Guard 1:
Serious person who frowns upon the silliness of his peer. Seriousness stems from a fear of his commander and of heights. (he has just about the worst job in the province for this fear)

* Private Guard 2:
Silly person who purposefully says silly things to and around his peer, whose responses range from “uh...â€Â￾ to “honestly, quit being so dumb *smack*â€Â￾ Sillyness stems from a fear of his commander.

* Head of the Castle Guard:
Essentially an archer with a name and more HP. He will often wonder aloud to the player in dialog why the castle needs so many guards and archer nests.

* Head of the Legion in MW:
Very busy person who will never actually talk to you. Handwriting can only be read by his assistant and the head record keeper. You do everything through his assistant. Perhaps you off him for some reason at some point. All dialog with this person should consist of him saying random legion figures. The player is given the option to say “um... helloâ€Â￾ or “give upâ€Â￾

* Assistant to the above:
Apologetic for his master’s ill manners. Gives you the quests the above would normally give you and ranks you up and what not. Complete pussy.

Head of the Servants:
Breton woman. Kind and efficient administrator who keeps everyone in line without violence or threats. The kitchen was recently expanded at her request, however she now finds that it is so large she doesn’t know what to do with all of it.

* Elsewyr embassy head:
Talks about disliking slavery.

* Summerset embassy head:
Likes alchemy, wants a plant from some embassy that has a unique plant to use. Perhaps can sell some unique spells to the player.

* Hammerfell Embassy Head:
Typical Ragu badass. Doesn’t exactly like being the ambassador, but admits it is a necessary job. Friends with the Governor.

* Valenwood Embassy Head:
Creepy Wood elf, but not in the normal fargoth sense. Conversation should leave the player with the strange feeling that the wood elf would like to eat him.

* Imperial Cult Head:
Pissed because of construction. Wonders aloud why the hell they need all these freaking towers anyway. VERY disgruntled. Could perhaps disappear if he is mentioned to the head of the navy.

* Vault Master:
An inconspicuous person that should blend in with the other named legionnaires in the castle. He is the only person in the castle besides the governor with a key to the vault. In any quest that involves the vault he should be there guarding. Lives in the third floor legion tower room that is organized.

* Record master:
Knows damn near everything recorded by the imperials during his tenure. Old but VERY sharp. He is the only person in the castle besides the governor who has a key to the secret archives in the top of the tower.

Barkeeper:
Owns the tavern in the seaside complex. Redguard who was brought over at the request of the head of the navy who he met and befriended during his time in the general area of stirk.

Prison Head:
Old and tired of his job. Perhaps in a quest you find him a replacement.

* Forgetful Soldier:
Owns the messy room on the 3rd floor of the legion building. Is normally a neat freak but can’t find his left pauldron.

* Indecisive Scribe:
Has the 2x2 room with the scrolls on the table. Doesn’t know what to write and always second guesses when he does. Personally kills forests when told to write the simplest things. Perhaps you up his speechcraft skill in a quest. (Via a book)

* Head Scribe:
A boisterous person who does his best to ensure that his scribes enjoy their otherwise boring job. Lives in the 5 square room in the cult building.

* Head Preacher:
A pragmatic and somewhat dull person. Has the 6 square room in the cult building. Also works as a scribe.

* Scribe 1:
Wood elf bookworm. Mundane.

* Scribe 2:
Dedicated Orc. Rather smart. If pressed about and Orc doing an intelligent work, he will get irate. Orc will not attack though, no matter how annoying or persistent. Works in his room when not working in the library.

* Entrepreneurial Social Club Owner:
Owns the restaurant on the 4th floor of the cult building. Actually gets a good quantity of business due to high quality and good marketing, even though the competitor’s food is free. Arch-Nemesis is the head of servants. Governor’s wife prefers this food over the main kitchen, while the governor and his son do not especially care for it. Lives in one of the 7 square rooms in the back of the restaurant. Female.

* Social Club Chef:
Culinary genius. Fancifully arranged dishes with generous portions have made him very popular. Lives in the other 7 square room. Has recently developed a new recipe and is currently trying it out. In a quest perhaps you are told to steal the mixture for a rival chef (head of servants perhaps)

* Shop Owner 1: Lives in the two floor shop. General purpose store. Supplier for the castle’s silverware. Perhaps all of the silverware in the castle could have ownership set to him. (Justified by him remembering every piece of silver he ever sold.) Prides himself on oddities and foreign goods. Although the furniture doesn’t really show it, this is a very high class shop. Doesn’t actually like to use silverware.

* Shop Owner 1’s Spouse: Works at the social club.

* Shop Owner 2: Has the room with the balcony. A retired scribe who now sells the books written in the library.

* Shop Owner 3: Clothier.

* Shop Owner 4: Has the square room. Alchemist.

* Shop Owner 5: Enchanter

* Shop Owner 6: Fletcher

Castle Receptionist 1: Helpful and apologetic for how confusing the layout is. Generally the one you talk to if you are just visiting.

Castle Receptionist 2: Maintains meticulous records about individual appointments. All the secretaries for business in the Lower Atrium area report to her. Likes knowing everything.

Young Lawyer: Fresh upstart. One of the few people to ever beat Senior Lawyer. Still a good honest person somehow.

Senior Lawyer: Old bastard who normally gets people convicted. Sometimes kills people himself, frames someone else with his knowledge, and gets them executed.

Average Lawyer: Normal. Wins a normal number of cases. Normal disposition. Normally works normal cases which are normally won by the other lawyers.

Kitchen Security Officer: Works the gate at the kitchen ensuring that no unauthorized person gets in, and that only authorized people enter the service shaft. Loves the smell of the food, and thus takes great pride in his work.

Prisoner Security Officer (Main Tower): Watches and locks the door on the ground floor that leads to the holding cells before the court room (on the 4th). Boring person with boring job.

Judge Security Officer: Ensures that only judges get into the private study and prep room before the court. Boring person with boring job

Garden Security Officer: Ensures that only people with appointments make it to the upper levels through the main path. Loves his job since the scenery is great. The only person apart from the Lieutenant Governor who thinks the garden was a good idea

Lower Offices Security Officer (Legion): Guards the walkway door from the legion tower. By and large the only people who come through there have access, so the job is mainly to prevent people who levitate up, or walk up the stairs from getting in. This doesn't happen often so this person is generally quite bored.

Lower Offices Security Officer (Records): Guards the walkway door from the record tower. By and large the only people who come through there have access, so the job is mainly to prevent people who levitate up from getting in. This almost never happens, and is illegal. The first time the player will get a bewildered warning, then a fine if they try again.

Upper Offices Security Officer (Dres): Guards the walkway door from the West Tower. By and large the only person who comes through here is the Dres Duke, who has access but is made to wait anyway because everyone hates him. They also stop people who levitate up to the path. This almost never happens, and is illegal. The first time the player will get a bewildered warning, then a fine if they try again. I could see this NPC being one of the possible killers of the Dres duke.

Upper Offices Security Officer (Embassies): Guards the walkway door from the South Tower. By and large the only people who come up this way are from the embassies, and they have access. This is a fairly busy path, so the NPC is generally not bored. Non-embassy people are prohibited from passing through here.

Lord Chamberlain: Runs the Castle, keeps it clean, keeps the kitchen stocked, basically knows everything about the castle. Needs to have everything in a proper order. Perfect arrangements, perfect organization. -10 disposition if your pauldrons or gauntlets are from different sets. -20 if they both. Irritable, and possibly insanse.

Grounds Assistant 1: Female Bosmer with a male nord's name. Had snuck into the castle to rob it decades ago, but made a mess in the process. Lord Chamberlain discovered this bosmer cleaning up the mess with more efficiency than one of the male nords on the staff. That nord soon disappeared, and the bosmer served as a replacement. The grounds keepers stay out of sight, so apart from the governor, no one knows about this. The governor finds this to be a perfectly acceptable arrangement, and keeps his mouth shut. Should be terrified of the Lord Chamberlain. Maintains the offices

Grounds Assistant 2: Maintains the lower floors. Rather fond of beast races.

Grounds Assistant 3: Maintains the garden. Will wonder why they have a garden. Will comment that there are probably better things that could have been done with that space then a garden. Will wonder what the previous governor was thinking when he commissioned that garden. Hasn't been outside in 20 years.

Grounds Assistant 4: Maintains the governor's quarters. Wants the Governor inside of her. Governor is unaware of this.

* Weak Recruit: Has second thoughts about joining the legion, although seems to be holding up ok. Will be friendly with you for introductory legion quests. Popular with everyone but the captain. You will accidentally kill him.

* Manly Recruit: Acts tough, well travelled nord who ran out of cash in OE and figured this was his best bet. Weak Recruit reminds him of his brother.

* Misunderstood Recruit: Seems like he would be the evil sort. Says things that can be taken the wrong way. Really a gentle spirit who just wants to be a guard in his home town. Weak Recruit was the only person who didn't avoid him at the start.

* Tough Love Recruit: Extra hard on everyone, but only because he wants them all to succeed. Destined for great things. Sees great potential in weak recruit if he will only believe in himself and try harder.

* Orphaned Recruit: VERY Young Female. Joined the legion after getting arrested for pickpocketing. Vowed to go straight, and has and will continue to do so unless outside forces intervene. Likes weak recruit romanically. In the inevitable sparring match, you should be scripted to lose as this person enters a blind rage and continuously knocks the player down. Details Below

These are all early descriptions on which I will base the contents of their respective rooms. Please post any comments you have. Asterisked people have their rooms done.

Vault Specifications:
Two wheels facing the tapestries on the two pillars. Both must be activated at the same time to allow entry to the vault. (This is of course impossible for the player to do unaided)

Training Specifications:
In the training hall, recruits regularly fight each other to hone their skills. Generally this is fairly simple and with potions and what not the wounds can be healed, but in the player's first fight they should end up fighting Weak Recruit. The player should, with a single hit and regardless of intention, kill the weak recruit. Based on your reaction to this, all the other recruits will either hate you, or believe that it was an accident. If you don't claim it was an accident, the commander will give you special favor. If you do, he will think you are a coward. In all other fights, it should end when someone has 20% health or below. The top 3 recruits in the class should be promoted to whatever the hell they would be promoted to (player included. The player will be guarenteed to advance assuming they either win their fights or complete the quests that come up when they lose) The one who doesn't make it should move to an OE tavern as an NPC or disappear altogether.

In the sparring match with Orphaned Recruit, perhaps even have dialog at 20% of the player's health pop up with the commander telling her to stop, yet having her continue to wail on the player until 10% and the casting of a paralyze spell. Following this, she is expelled from the legion. At some point, they should approach the player in OE and based on dialog choices either forgive the player or try to kill them one last time. (no scripted ass kicking this time)

If this is not the only way to join the ML legion, then it should serve as a crash course for advancement.

edit: Last updated 1/6 - relevant new items or major changes in bold.

Cells Done: 43/70*

*NOT a final cell count, but rather close. I can't see this topping 80
Last edited by Thrignar Fraxix on Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:42 am, edited 47 times in total.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

This list sucks TF.

Revoked.

Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

In general, a person takes the race of the mother with some of the racial features of the father.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

the kogotong is an anti-imperial organization, did you miss that little detail TF?

seriously how could you not know that?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

I love all these characters. Great ideas. Would be a joy to NPC-ise, but I might not have the requisite imagination to make them all as awesome as they deserve. You should learn to NPC, Thriggy. :P

One note:
Nomadic1 wrote:A while back me and Sloadie were having a discussion about the six administrative districts of Morrowind. One of these was based in Tear and comprised of the Dres Great House lands. Neither of us thought that the Dres would sit idly whilst an Imperial hierarchy replaced several of their functions. So we came up with the idea that the Duke of the Dres district fears for his life and now lives in high security (though in comfort) in Old Ebonheart castle.
This guy, if that's who your 'Dres Governor' is, is an Imperial servant, and though he can be a House Dunmer (á la Duke Dren), he probably won't be all snooty xenophobia et al, because if he was he probably wouldn't have been given the position, and they'd just have given it over to an Imperial (á la Duchess Jandancia of Firewatch, Duchess of the Telvannis District)

He's also not here to "to ensure that the Dres get a proper say in things", he's here (according to Nomadic and Sload's plans, at least) to recieve sanctuary from the angry Dres nobles who don't want an Imperial ranked dude lording it over them.

Anyway, I like all this stuff. (Though two demoted local faction heads for massive blunders seems like a bit overkill. Perhaps the Mages Guild head is just senile and has had massive alchemy explosion, but wasn't demoted for it)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

List updated, file updated, Legion tower completely done. I still want a source for the guild heads being in almalexia. Next target is the curtain wall between the legion tower and the Imperial Cult, then the Imperial Cult building itself.

Cells done: 5/36 (with more coming when I split towers that still need splitting

In case I haven't said this already, this claim is larger than Kemel-Ze
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

"Well, I'm glad that the mystery is solved at last. Next time the Arch-Mage of Almalexia visits, I'll really have something to brag about." -- Archmage Trebonius: disappearance of the dwarves

Is this thing really bigger than KZ? You're a one man army, Thrig.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Kemel-Ze was about 40 cells right? Considering how many cells I still need to split it will most certainly exceed that.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

One of your logbooks still mentions Darconis, and another talks about Ebonhart (this should be 'Fort Hawkmoth', possibly, and Pelagiad - Fort Pelagiad). You also left out the small garrisons at Bal Oyra and Tel Muthada, though I'm unsure if these need books of their own. (And looking at our location list, Forts Shadow and Ghor moth. Though one of these may have been changed to 'Blackmoth' which I don't find on our location list.

And yeah, KZ is 40.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

fixed fixed and fixed. Thanks for checking.

I finished the Eastern Curtain wall, and have just finished splitting the cult offices into 4 seperate rooms. Basic descriptions for the inhabitants added in bold.

edit: Ghormoth is on map 3 near seyda vano. Shadowmoth is on map 2 IIRC. I'll add books for Bal Oyra and Tel Muthada. Does the fort at Tel Muthada have a name?
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Cephorad Keep.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

New file, Cult offices done. New NPC on the list. Next cell is the main cell for the cult (which will probably have to be split into two cells)

I bumped the progress up to 40%
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

progress has grinded to a near standstill, but I work on it when I can.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

my god I hate the imperial cult...
a little more progress has been made, I now have a general floor plan for the second floor of the cult building and the first floor is nearly finished being detailed.

Did I mention I hate the imperial cult?
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

WIP it?

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

sure why not.

BTW, if anyone wants to take a small room for detailing I can PM you specs and dimensions. Some people mentioned an interest in that so I figured I would remind them and tell others.

ok, up to 9 of 39 cells fully done. Many more will be split so that number is kind of irrelevant. I can say that the castle currently has 5571 refs though. and that I have a few update for the people list that I will edit in a second.

Also I decided to have a color scheme as far as tapestries are concerned.
Vanilla: Legion
Blue: IC
Purple: Governor and High Ranking Officials
Green: Training
Red: Navy
White: Classified or Restricted areas
Yellow: Guilds

I swear this is like making a city or something. If I could cram a hydroponic garden in somewhere then this place could be self sustaining.

I hate the IC less now that I know what to do with the tons of empty fucking space everywhere. (Shops!)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Thrig, just browsing the hilarious Bloodmoon idle voices, and you've got to have some either really sarcastic cynical, or otherwise totally overkeen and earnest, Legionairre who can use "vo/i/m/bIdl_IM013" as one of his voice greetings. (It's probably funnier if you listen to it in context with the other Bloodmoon idles, particularly bIdl_IM010)

That'd be great. :D
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

It sounds like from the way you talk like it's roughly 10x larger than it's supposed to be.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

nope, it is actually smaller than it would be by bethesda's standards.

btw, vo/i/m/bIdl_IM014 is great. Now THAT needs to go in there somewhere.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Update Post:
One cell done, another 6 carved out.
Cell count updated, Specifications for the vault which I will not be able to impliment, and new NPCs added (irrelevant ones too for a change)

I have two floors left on the imperial cult tower, and in those floors are 6 small shops as detailed above. I also plan to put in two simple table shops where people from the mages and the fighters guild sell their wares. (they sell them in the actual guild hall too, its just business is better here and it is a bit of a walk)

After this building comes two cells of curtain wall and then the small (by comparison) training building.

At one point I thought I might get this done in 60 cells, I am not sure if even that high number is going to be sufficient...

(My god this fucking interior is huge... fuck you Dexter wherever you are)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

OMG a week's update:
Been doing the shops, they go quickly ever since I figured out a general plan for doing them.
I added some new enchanted items to the enchanter in the castle as we had few enchanted weapons and no enchanted armor. I am not sure about the magnitude of these enchantments so I would appreciate comments. Also, I used a single wool shirt from bloodmoon in the clothier just for the hell of it. It doesn't look bloodmoony or anything so this shouldn't be a problem. Fletcher, General store, and the hall itself remain in the cult building... (I can't wait to move on...)

Just to be clear, this claim is still more important than my exterior right?
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Yes

Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

hey TF you know there's actually a chapel building in this castle and Dexter says if you fuck that up he'll come and kill you? That's the only thing apparently, so yeah.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

lol.
Chapel is done, he can DL it and take a look if he wants.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

i just wanted to make sure you knew it was a chapel.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Fletcher is done. only two cells left in the cult building
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo