i3-500-Imp

Moderator: Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I know I have said this before, but I am not going to write about this process as it would be excruciatingly boring. You can have someone interview me though.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I know I have thought this before, neither you nor the process of building this is that interesting. TF hurry up mang.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Old WIP's removed, this WIP is from 26/02/09, around 21.30pm
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

New WIP of the Barracks.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Barracks complete. I haven't split this into multiple cells, which really should be done considering the 1231 objects in the cell. I assume you can split this best.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Still need to change some things in the barracks before I count it as done and merge it, but you know all that already.

West tower goes well, there will be 4 gardenish things on the first floor just to wow visitors (that is where everyone enters after all) I have 3 done including a nice waterfall garden combo, and another with a map tapestry (henceforth and for all time referred to as mapestry) draped by waterfalls above a pool. Its pretty sweet. Third one is mundane though. 4th probably will be too.

I'll get fixing those barracks as soon as I feel like it, unless you can remember everything I said and want to do it yourself aeven.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Hey TF, have you seen this? Perfect resource for OE Castle

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=7353
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I've actually got plans to jerry-rig the only parts from that I could use. I wouldn't want to have an entire resource added for just one interior anyway.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Try this and see if it's better.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I already commented on IRC about the barracks.

I have got the first floor of the west tower done, and only have 3 private rooms to do for the Fighter's guild. Mages guild layout is figured out, I just need to fill it in. Tomorrow night I will post a few new NPC descriptions along with an updated cell count. (assuming I finish the fighter's guild)

I do just want to say, the top floors of the west tower will be high security as the Dres duke is VERY paranoid. I can't remember, is there a duke for this region who I need to make room for, or is that Helseth Hlaalu from Tribunal.

I have added tables to the vault just for the hell of it. I don't have any idea what to put on them though. I think it would be nice if there was some sort of unique artifact down there. I also have some texts I need written, but once I have all the info that one would need to write them I will post in the thread already devoted to that.

I love the big imperial tiles, they waste space so fast, and look cool to boot. (easy to light too)

I've got some ideas I can't wait to try out for the main tower, and that should they prove successful there, will be applied to the jail as well. This will be a place to remember. I was walking around it just for the hell of it earlier and I actually got lost. I am going to have to commision a guide to the castle when all is said and done.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

god page 2 is long as fuck, I don't have the FG done, but I did put up the new NPC descriptions.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

It should be completed now, I think.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Uploaded a new WiP. Really, I should just finish the Fighters guild already, but I have been busy. People should check out the first floor of the west tower. (This is totally going to top 1mb by the end in file size)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Jesus, this claim is huge :shock: . It's very impressive you're doing this all by yourself TF. Is it really still at 40%?

Edit: Opps, I forgot Aeven was helping out with this too. Sorry about that.
Last edited by Yeti on Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I guess it is more towards 50% now, The main tower is what is holding me back from putting it further. 4 out of 9 buildings are done, 5th is the barracks, and I am about half done with the west tower. The main tower is about the size of any other 2 or 3 buildings combined.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Fixed accordingly to your IRC request, to the best of my abilities.

I should've gotten everything... If it still needs some tweaking, I'll fix it. And,it might need some lighting in the hallways still, if you want that I'll add those quickly enough.
Attachments
Barracks.esp
(72.58 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Interior Reviews: 168
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Finished up the FG. Going to go over the barracks next before starting on the MG.

I am thinking of letting someone else take the record tower. Interested parties should post here.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:I am thinking of letting someone else take the record tower. Interested parties should post here.
I'd be willing to give it a shot, if you want.
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Interior Reviews: 168
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

[url=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/RecordTower.jpg]This is the tower shell[/url]

I want to see if anyone else is interested before I let someone take this.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

If you change it to in_impbig, it'll cut that down by around 50%
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I never put big tiles in my shells except for rare occasions when I know ahead of time I will use them. Most of the time they come in when I make floorplans. (IE the mages guild that you can't see because I don't have my most recent WiP up)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
agram
Reviewer

Post by agram »

I can have it? Big tile set if it looks good, and to waste some space?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Here's the file agram. Feel free to split it into multiple cells, I get the feeling you will need to. Stick with my unorthodox cell naming convention though please. I have explained everything else in the PM. I added a door to the barracks (didn't make sense not having one).

I still need to touch up the barracks, but I will post a WiP anyway. I wonder what my filesize is getting up to...
Attachments
Hall of Records.esp
(53.16 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

fucking shitcocks, I was so close to finishing up a central balcony filled interior courtyardish cell, but I am lacking one piece I can not rig up on my own. I need one of the imp_big pieces without the floor. There is no way I can replicate what this piece is needed for without a substantial drop in quality. Bonus points if the pillar has textures for the exposed bottom part.

What are the odds of something like this being added to data? It wouldn't require an immediate update as I did this cell on a whim and still have plenty I can do before I would actually need it.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

No bonus points.
Attachments
In_impbig_void_01.zip
Fucking shitcocks, the extension nif is not allowed.
(25.74 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Fixing up the barracks to make them done. Wtf man, no rugs in the hallways? a chandelier in the head guard's room? A Table spanning 2 interior pieces and half cluttered to boot? A piece of redware? Did you look at my style at all?

Rugs get me the most, though. wtf man. I was going to post a WiP and show off the fancy things I did in the main tower that required the new piece (new piece not added, but its placement is accounted for as far as workarounds for caspering.) but I am going to wait until I finish fixing these barracks.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Mages guild done, next up is finishing Barracks fixing, and then... whatever the fuck I am putting at the top of the west tower... like what I am putting below the Dres duke's quarters... hmmm... how did I not allot that space already...

Edit: Oh, I know! Gratuitous security! The guy is paranoid!
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Haplo wrote:I know I have thought this before, neither you nor the process of building this is that interesting.
now THATS definitely true
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

split the top of the west tower into a new cell, meaning I have another cell done and one more to make. Added the 4 guards for the top of the tower into the NPC list. Upper west tower is fully planned out, and should go quickly.

Layout of the upper tower is as such
Top:
Counter with grate seperates the player and guard 2. You need his permission to enter the duke's private quarters, which he will not give you.

upper:
Duke's private audience chambers. Accessible from both the guard staircase and the public. Guard staircase is highly locked.

lower:
inaccessible to anyone that doesn't break into the guard area. Houses guard quarters.

bottom:
Barred door, can not be opened without the permission of the guard behind the counter. Behind the guard is a sort of on call room housing guard 4. The area behind the counter is highly locked, and the player should never be told to go here.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
agram
Reviewer

Post by agram »

Done.
Someone should check all books as my English is... well... yeah.
Attachments
Hall of Records.esp
(287.92 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Fixed books.
Attachments
Hall of Records.esp
(288.03 KiB) Downloaded 115 times

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Be wary that I found a couple other errors:

TR_m3_500 RFighter1 - fighters needs apostrophes

TR_m3_500 RFighter2 - fighters needs apostrophes

TR_m3_500 RMage1 - mages needs apostrophes

TR_m3_500 RMage2 - mages needs apostrophes

TR_m3_500 RNavy1 - curently = currently

TR_m3_500 RPrison1 - Prison doesn't need to be capitalized
TR_m3_500 RPrison2

TR_m3_500 RPrison3 - uncap "deceased" maybe replace with executed

Also, the books you previously requested are not included.

Do you still want the other two which I discussed in your lit topic which I never produced?
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Hemitheon wrote:TR_m3_500 RFighter1 - fighters needs apostrophes

TR_m3_500 RFighter2 - fighters needs apostrophes

TR_m3_500 RMage1 - mages needs apostrophes

TR_m3_500 RMage2 - mages needs apostrophes
If those are Guilds, I think the vanilla game leaves them un-apostrophed. Because it's deliberately a shortening of 'Guild of Mages/Fighters' or just because Beth don't care for grammar.

EDIT: BTW it has just struck me that 'Fighters Guild' is the silliest name ever.
Last edited by Bloodthirsty Crustacean on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

A guild full of fighters as opposed to a guild of the fighters.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

super sekret books go in the tower part that I saved for myself. I know what I am doing, and agram knows what he's doing.

Yes I still want those things.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hemitheon: No, no apostrophes. They are "Fighters Guild" and "Mages Guild" another form of "Guild of..." You're not talking about the mages' guild, which is a guild that the mages in question belong to, you're talking about the Mages Guild, the official name of the Guild of Mages, so an apostrophe would be erroneous. In other words, what cire said.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Haplo TF - See Icarian dude outside of Seyda Neen
Haplo could be where he came from, OE
Haplo like, he jumped from Old Ebonheart to Seyda Neen
Haplo DUDE
Haplo idea
Haplo one of the rooms in OE can be the Icarian dude's lab
Haplo like his workshop
Haplo and you could be asked to find out what happened to him
Haplo only to be like "yeah I already know, he's dead"
Haplo and they'd be like 'oh drat, care to find us a new guy? we'll give you lots of money and a random weapon if you do"
TF| haplo you're awesome

Idea from IRC saved so it is not forgotten
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Haha.

I'd've thought he'd be in some house in the city rather than on the castle staff, though?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Is the Mages Guild in the Castle? He could just have his own room there.
MaMeeshkaMowSkwoz - choose your syllables
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

But it's so much cooler and takes up more space if he has his own lab as the high court's diviner or magician or something.