i3-500-Imp

Moderator: Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

general store is annoying me for some reason. recent events have devastated my motivation, but it is returning.

I will try to finish the cult building this week
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Got the general store done, just need to add rugs to the hallways and put in guild vendors in the top floor plazamajig.

That will be done tonight and would be done already had I some record on my computer as to which color of tapestry I intended to use for what.

Gonna update the person list too, along with the cell count.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

ok, not quite by the end of the week, but the cult building is done, meaning 2 of the 9 buildings are finished.

Next up are 2 curtain walls and then the training hall

edit: God curtain walls go fast. Got them done, now for the training hall. the blessedly small training hall...
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

This better be finished by November 15th or I'm going to make life hell for you.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

you are a very funny person and I look forward to how you could possibly make MY life hell.

I MIGHT be able to get this to you by christmas.

edit: if people want to do a section of this I would be willing to cut out an embassy. Haplo already claimed the Barracks building.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Im here if you need help. Just tell me what needs done and I'll get right on it.

EDIT: I would love to do a couple embassies if that's what needs to doing. If so, then I'd want Elsweyr and Summerset.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Here are the two embassies cut out. I guess my NPC descriptions aren't really that detailed for the heads here, so do what you will. They all live on site as I recall.

cells start with 0_TR as I haven't fixed that yet. Please do not fix it yourself.
Attachments
TwoEmbassies.esp
(5.02 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Here you go.

if you still need help I can do the Valenwood Embassy and the Mages' Guild.
Attachments
TwoEmbassies.esp
(33.9 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

mages guild is mine. Valenwood you can have though. let me get a file real quick. (I will edit it in)

Edit: Have at it
Attachments
ValenwoodEmbassy.esp
(2.27 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Darn. Ok, if you want I can do Hammerfell embassy as well.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

maybe once you finish valenwood and I get a better idea of how to progress with some other parts of this.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hey give me that barracks section.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Here you go, also Hemi, have at it on the HF embassy.
Attachments
HammerfellEmbassy.esp
(2.64 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Barracks.esp
(14.59 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Here's Valenwood. When I'm done with HF, I'll post it here.
Attachments
ValenwoodEmbassy.esp
(17.78 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
HammerfellEmbassy.esp
(13.78 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Ok. That brings the total up to 22 of 45 completed. So that's 50%. If you need me to do any other ints, just holler. I don't mind helping out.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

except the cell count isn't final, the remaining cells are considerably larger, etc. etc.

I will post here if more ints come up with which I have no attachment
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

Why didn't you seperate some rooms from the castle and made them as new interior claims? Like some embassies. Just like Hemi did with riverbridge.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I wouldn't mind splitting the castle into 15-30 claims of appx equal size, but I don't think Haplo would go for that. (because if I am fucking splitting what is left, I am splitting what is there)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Yeah, I don't go for that. How's this going? I haven't started on that barracks by the way, but I have plenty of time. It's past November 15th, come on TF you can have a spree and get this like almost done by New Years.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I have spent like no time on this due to work and the fact that I do not at all respond well to threats. Let me just install morrowind and I will try to get something done now that I have settled into a better pattern and you aren't being a cockbag. (Or I could just use the ol' flashdrive, but meh.)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Yeah it started getting a little funny-smelling in that bag, if you know what I mean. Progress, however, is good (not that you need telling).

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Finally merged those embassies, now back to that training hall. (nice embassies btw)

edit: also updated that master list thingy. Fixed something that was wrong and updated the cell count.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Just because I love to be nosy, two comments on the Elsweyr embassy.

One - in Hemi's file, at least, there is a pair of shoes by the big bed. Unless the ambassador is not a Khajiit, is there a logical reason for this?

Two - the note (the one with the supercool new mesh with the Imperial symbol on it) talks about the "Telvanni District", not "Telvannis District". That should probably be changed. (Unless we're assuming that outlanders mostly call the districts by the name of the House which holds most territory in that distict - which isn't impossible)

Also, in the Valenwood embassy (on the biggest note of lore pedantry ever) there's cabbage on the table for dinner, and wine also! Thrig's character definition of the Ambassador seemed to suggest he was a definite Green Pact-er.

Anyway, sorry for nosiness! Keep up the good work! :)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Well, they can eat plant, as long as it was harvested by someone else. Same thing as with their cannibalism, really: murder is bad, but once you've got a corpse it would be a shame to let it go to waste, wouldn't it? So if somebody (presumably not a Bosmer) plucked a cabbage, a Bosmer can eat it. The crime is plucking it, not eating it.

Of course, having only meat would reinforce the Bosmeriness, but this isn't a real lore breach. :P
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I worked on this before I went on my brief vacation. Got a floor plan for the training hall, and finished furnishing a room in there. Also, got a new NPC for the list which I will update shortly assuming I don't get disconnected.

Oh and I linked those embassies and what not, and still need to fix those shoes and the note.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Training Hall done, new NPCs added to list along with cell count updated. Next on my list are 3 segments of curtain wall, then doing the remaining parts of the south tower (since hemi filled most of it)

Aeven expressed an interest in doing the barracks, the file is the same as it was before. Don't forget to make the rooms for the NPCs mentioned as living in the barracks. I want the recruits to have a floor to themselves, with their own private dining and sleeping quarters. There should be 6 beds (or 3 bunks) there with chests, 5 of them should have things in them. TR_furn_com_tapestryDG is the tapestry to use exclusively in the recruit's area. All other parts should use furn_com_tapestry_04. Ask questions here as they arise.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

2 cells of curtain wall done. First 4 floors of the south tower now only need tapestries. South tower is going fast and will be done within the next week or so probably. (since hemi did the hard parts)

Still not sure what to put in the Hall of Records. I mean, I know what to put there, but I have NO idea how I am going to fill it up...
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

[Bookshelves filled with multiple copies of generic books like this?]

There's legal records, finance records, taxation records and prison records. Inventories of the stuff the soldiers need such as armour and weapons shipments, and food. And then stuff like land deeds in the city and so forth.

Maybe something there helped. Or not.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

census records and some other historical documents?
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

well yeah, but to keep those boring things interesting for 12 or so floors...
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

You know, progress on this would make awesome blog entries.
Macar: At last, I have a coleague to work with.

Lady N: Jedak-of-all-trades
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Blog: Today I worked on this for probably the second time this month. I obsessively placed tapestries, rugs, and lantern lights in accordance with the castle wide system I have been using. I am at an impasse as to whether yellow tapestries should be reserved for guilds, or used for any foreign entity. I dread the record tower. I believe people have stopped reading my NPC descriptions. If I had more music I would spend more time on this. End Entry.

Seriously though, someone else could like interview me about it, but I couldn't make it interesting/not depressing on my own.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

I'm sure the public would luuuurrrve screenies :)
Macar: At last, I have a coleague to work with.

Lady N: Jedak-of-all-trades
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:well yeah, but to keep those boring things interesting for 12 or so floors...
Maybe the top few floors could have empty shelves in them, and have a bit of junk scattered throughout. "Why does the governor keep building up the castle? It's all unneeded space going to waste!"
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:I believe people have stopped reading my NPC descriptions.
'Fraid not. I'm an addict to those descriptions. Can't get enough! Seriously.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

just the top floor archer's nest left to do in the south tower, then it is off to the next building, whichever that is...
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Next building is the west tower. South tower is done. Need to do the curtain wall between the two though.

Any word about the barracks Aeven?
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I haven't done much. I did finish the commander's room however. I'll get some time later this week.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

single curtain wall between the south and west towers completed, now onto the west tower, the main entrance to the castle. (fun fun)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

i know ive asked this before, but would you be interested in doing a blog about modding this? how you get ideas, what the general layout is, etc.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!